Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Panda on Sun 15 Jan - 13:34

I came across this while looking for something else, interesting.



Daily Mail

Gerry McCann 'played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared'

By VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 12:22 24 October 2007

Gerry McCann organised a game of tennis in the days after his daughter Madeleine disappeared, it has been claimed.

In
an allegation likely to infuriate the McCanns, a waiter at the Ocean
Club resort in Praia da Laz said Gerry and Kate were 'very cool' after
she vanished and seemed less upset than their friends

The waiter
said: "What we found really strange was Gerry, days after the little
girl disappeared, calmly playing tennis. He played with an old couple
from England.


Gerry and Kate McCann: Their lawyers will soon see police files on the case

"I thought that everybody else in the group seemed more upset and stressed and bothered than the parents.


Madeleine: 'There's been a disaster', her father said

"They
were so cool about it. I never saw them cry or anything. They played
tennis and went jogging. They didn't seem as distraught as their
friends. If my kid disappeared I'd go insane. I wouldn't be able to
function. They'd have to lock me away."

The claims come as the McCanns launch a new 24-hour phoneline manned by private detectives in a fresh bid to find their daughter.

Portuguese
police have given Gerry and Kate their full backing in setting up the
confidential number, according to the couple's spokesman, Clarence
Mitchell.

It's also been reported Madeleine's hair and body
fluids were found in the apartment of the first offical suspect in her
disappearance, Robert Murat.

Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas said detectives are now sure she was in his apartment at some stage, but are not sure if she was dead or alive.

The
waiter's description of the McCanns was in sharp contrast to one given
by Mrs McCann's mother Susan Healy. She told of a hysterical telephone call home that Mr McCann made on the night Madeleine disappeared from their Portuguese holiday apartment.

"There's been a disaster, it's a disaster," he told his mother-in-law. "Madeleine has been abducted from her bed."

Madeleine's
mother added: "She's gone mum, she's gone." Speaking for the first time
about the emotional call, Mrs Healy said her son-in-law was so
hysterical on the phone that she was unsure what he was saying.

"I thought he was talking about a car accident," she said. "It took me a while because he was hysterical. And then he just said 'Madeleine has been abducted from her bed'."

Speaking
from their Liverpool home, Mrs Healy, 61, and her husband Brian
described how they tried to comfort the McCanns. "I was able to say to
her [Kate], 'We'll be able to get her back'," said Mrs Healy.

"I'm finding it harder to say that. But we're not going to acknowledge she's gone from our life altogether."


Grandparents: Susan and Brian Healy used their interview on Spanish TV
to send a message to Madeleine to 'stay strong - we'll get you back'

Mrs McCann's parents spoke about the call during an interview they gave on Spanish TV to try to refute claims
that their daughter was involved in Madeleine's disappearance on May 3.
Mrs Healy said that seeing Mrs McCann named as an official suspect was
not as bad as the fear that Madeleine, four, could be dead.

Lawyers
for the McCanns - who are both official suspects - will soon be allowed
to see the police files on the case. Under Portugal's new penal code
the secrecy laws covering the investigation will be lifted on November
14.

This morning the McCanns' official spokesman Clarence
Mitchell dismissed reports that Mr McCann had "stunned" hotel staff by
organising a game of tennis while the hunt for Madeleine was under way.

He
told GMTV: "For nearly six months now, we have had this stream of
unwarranted speculation, in many cases ill-informed rumour and downright
misinterpretation of events.

"Kate and Gerry did nothing wrong
in the immediate aftermath of Madeleine going missing. The only thing
they did do was fight for their daughter's return and that is what they
have continued to do ever since."

The McCanns, who are both 39-year-old doctors, are back home in Rothley, Leicestershire, with their two-year-old twins.






























Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Guest on Sun 15 Jan - 13:42

I often wonder what is in the minds of close relatives like Susan and Brian Healy: I mean, like any parents they will be inclined to give unqualified support and no doubt have done - but surely they must wonder why so very many people are at the very least unhappy with, or suspicious about, what their daughter claims happened to Madeleine.

Yet more lives damaged.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Badboy on Sun 15 Jan - 13:46

WHAT THIS ABOUT ROBERT MURAT?

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7734
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Oldartform on Sun 15 Jan - 13:51

The End Is Nigh wrote:I often wonder what is in the minds of close relatives like Susan and Brian Healy: I mean, like any parents they will be inclined to give unqualified support and no doubt have done - but surely they must wonder why so very many people are at the very least unhappy with, or suspicious about, what their daughter claims happened to Madeleine.

Yet more lives damaged.

Exactly my thoughts. I often wonder what my reaction would be if it were one of my grandchildren and whether I would have doubts about my kids or their partners. You just never know people totally, even your own kids (and perhaps its best that we don`t).


Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 15 Jan - 13:59

Oldartform wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:I often wonder what is in the minds of close relatives like Susan and Brian Healy: I mean, like any parents they will be inclined to give unqualified support and no doubt have done - but surely they must wonder why so very many people are at the very least unhappy with, or suspicious about, what their daughter claims happened to Madeleine.

Yet more lives damaged.

Exactly my thoughts. I often wonder what my reaction would be if it were one of my grandchildren and whether I would have doubts about my kids or their partners. You just never know people totally, even your own kids (and perhaps its best that we don`t).


When Madeleine first disappeared, my daughter was very sympathetic towards them. When I said something about their leaving the three children, my daughter said she thought the McCanns had suffered enough. So, I asked her if it would be OK if I tucked, then 9 month-old grandson into bed and went round the corner to the Community Club, left the door open and checked every half hour? My daughter's response was that if I did I would be an ex-grandmother!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  ann_chovey on Sun 15 Jan - 14:06

Badboy wrote:WHAT THIS ABOUT ROBERT MURAT?


It's also been reported Madeleine's hair and body
fluids were found in the apartment of the first offical suspect in her
disappearance, Robert Murat.


Well the piece is written by ace Mail journalist Vanessa Allen.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  kathybelle on Sun 15 Jan - 14:20

ann_chovey wrote:
Badboy wrote:WHAT THIS ABOUT ROBERT MURAT?


It's also been reported Madeleine's hair and body
fluids were found in the apartment of the first offical suspect in her
disappearance, Robert Murat.


Well the piece is written by ace Mail journalist Vanessa Allen.

Is Vanessa Allen another of the McCanns media friends? As far as I'm aware, Robert Murat didn't live in an apartment, he lived in the home of his mum. His mum's home was searched at least twice and and the garden was also dug up more than once. The police found nothing and they returned all of Mr Murat's property, including his computer.

As far as Robert Murat is concerned, the evidence showed that he played no part in Madeleine's disappearance, yet he is still suspected by some of being involved.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Badboy on Sun 15 Jan - 14:42

kathybelle wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:
Badboy wrote:WHAT THIS ABOUT ROBERT MURAT?


It's also been reported Madeleine's hair and body
fluids were found in the apartment of the first offical suspect in her
disappearance, Robert Murat.


Well the piece is written by ace Mail journalist Vanessa Allen.

Is Vanessa Allen another of the McCanns media friends? As far as I'm aware, Robert Murat didn't live in an apartment, he lived in the home of his mum. His mum's home was searched at least twice and and the garden was also dug up more than once. The police found nothing and they returned all of Mr Murat's property, including his computer.

As far as Robert Murat is concerned, the evidence showed that he played no part in Madeleine's disappearance, yet he is still suspected by some of being involved.
COME TO THINK ABOUT IT,DOESN'T HE LIVE IN A VILLA,NOT AN APARTMENT?

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7734
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Krisy22 on Sun 15 Jan - 16:28

Thank you Panda for bringing this up... the reaction of this waiter says it all for me. I always wonder are there really people out there that truly believe leaving those babies because that's what they were... and honestly class that " responsible parenting" and that they all do it too. Well, all I can say to them is .. I have not had children of my own but I am fortunate enough to have a beautiful stepdaughter that I love with all my heart and never for one instance would we have ate and drank out of the apartment without her. It s been gone over time again but it never ceases to amaze me.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail....Gerry McCann played tennis days after Madeleine disappeared

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:06


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum