Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine

+38
NoStone
mara thon
mossman
AnnaEsse
margaret
Panda
Angelina
tigger
marxman
gillyspot
Angelique
jay2001
Bobsy
Lillyofthevalley
pennylane
interested
Autumn
Karen
cass
Justiceforallkids
humanist
jeanmonroe
chrissie1
Wallflower
Oldartform
frencheuropean
Keela
malena stool
cherry1
contrary
wjk
T4two
almostgothic
yask27
IAMBAZZA
fred
Chris
Annabel
42 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine

Post  yask27 Sun 12 Feb - 9:51

Yes, Not born Yesterday, it wasn't hard to guess.
yask27
yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Warning :
Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine

Post  almostgothic Sun 12 Feb - 10:23

Paperback version, eh?

Well I don't want to buy any bullsh*t, thanks all the same.

I didn't want to buy any when you were packaging it in a big sturdy box.
And I still don't want to buy any now you're shoving it in a flimsy carrier bag.

It'll stink up the joint however you're flogging it ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Feb - 10:31

Oh dear! The 'Sunday Express Reporter,' is someone who does not wish to be named!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 12 Feb - 10:40

AnnaEsse wrote:I have never seen the paperback of her book anywhere. Supermarkets tend to sell only the top 20 or so paperbacks and Kate's book was never in that category. I looked for it in Waterstone's and WH Smith's butdidn't see it. Unless it was tucked away on shelves in those stores, it wasn't there. I looked under what I thought might be the obvious categories: memoirs, autobiograpy, myths and legends. It wasn't there.

I didn't see it in the major bookstores in the Netherlands, except one copy in one department store in The Hague. I felt it my duty move it behind the top back row of cookery books.

It never raised anywhere near 2 million. Transworld are still losing money on it if they've paid a six figure advance. Paperback isn't going to net TM any money at all, I think. It's usually included in the contract. Curious that they kept the right for serialization themselves, there's no more money to be made from it now. But it looks to me that Transworld allowed this in order to reduce the advance.
According to Amazon the book is nr. 2290 in books, around 50th in autobiography and true crime. Selling for around 8 pounds at the moment.

I think the book is another disappointment, nothing like the Da Vinci code is it? Surely the book was part of the 'wider agenda'? The marketing strategy of TM is second to none imo.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 10:51

Her publisher Alison Barrow, from Transworld said: “Kate’s first book was a phenomenal success.

Oh? Has Maddie been found, then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 12 Feb - 11:00

Iris wrote:
Her publisher Alison Barrow, from Transworld said: “Kate’s first book was a phenomenal success.

Don't be so trivial Iris! Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 181154
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 12 Feb - 11:24

They should be ashamed of themselves. Although anybody who goes on holiday, returns home minus one child because they neglected to look after them properly and never shows any remorse would hardly know how to be ashamed.

It is an insult to suggest anybody would take this book on holiday with them. What are they trying to say - come on all you mums out there, put your kids into a holiday creche all day every day and while having a nice lie down on the beach, top up your tan and get stuck into a good paper back novel.

I purchased the first work in fiction in a charity shop last summer, it was a paper back version so what the big hoo haa about it being paper back is i do not know. I purchased in a charity shop so that at least a worthy cause would benefit from my money. The princely sum of one euro, and that was within two weeks of the launch.

How the hell can it be revised ? Nothing has happened, well nothing they want published anyway. It is not a new and improved washing powder we are talking about, something to market as the best stain removing product yet.

From the very minute this little girl disappeared off the face of the earth they have planned the future, moved on, gone forward. Time has never stopped. It has always been about the next move, the next money making venture.

Mark my words, there will be a movie.

Funny how this and the amaral is a millionaire from his book article has appeared while Pat Brown and Tony Bennett are to the forefront of everyone's mind.

The parents and the Tapas 7 should hang their heads in shame. At the very least one of them knows the truth. That they can look at their children every day and not be honest about what happened is truly disgusting.

Go back to Portugal, do a re-construction and answer every question asked in an honest fashion without the ums and ahs. Put an end to the speculation. Prove themselves right, if they believe they are. Shut the internet nutters up with proof of what happened, not with law suits. That is what they should be doing, not up-dating works of fiction.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 12 Feb - 11:38

It is thought the new book, set to be published in the spring, will include details about the Scotland Yard review of her daughter’s kidnapping.

It almost begs a FOI request - what information is being passed from the Met to the Mc's and why??

NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 12 Feb - 11:39

I think your post says it all brilliantly mossman Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 944533
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 12 Feb - 11:52

mossman wrote:They should be ashamed of themselves. Although anybody who goes on holiday, returns home minus one child because they neglected to look after them properly and never shows any remorse would hardly know how to be ashamed.

It is an insult to suggest anybody would take this book on holiday with them. What are they trying to say - come on all you mums out there, put your kids into a holiday creche all day every day and while having a nice lie down on the beach, top up your tan and get stuck into a good paper back novel.

I purchased the first work in fiction in a charity shop last summer, it was a paper back version so what the big hoo haa about it being paper back is i do not know. I purchased in a charity shop so that at least a worthy cause would benefit from my money. The princely sum of one euro, and that was within two weeks of the launch.

How the hell can it be revised ? Nothing has happened, well nothing they want published anyway. It is not a new and improved washing powder we are talking about, something to market as the best stain removing product yet.

From the very minute this little girl disappeared off the face of the earth they have planned the future, moved on, gone forward. Time has never stopped. It has always been about the next move, the next money making venture.

Mark my words, there will be a movie.

Funny how this and the amaral is a millionaire from his book article has appeared while Pat Brown and Tony Bennett are to the forefront of everyone's mind.

The parents and the Tapas 7 should hang their heads in shame. At the very least one of them knows the truth. That they can look at their children every day and not be honest about what happened is truly disgusting.

Go back to Portugal, do a re-construction and answer every question asked in an honest fashion without the ums and ahs. Put an end to the speculation. Prove themselves right, if they believe they are. Shut the internet nutters up with proof of what happened, not with law suits. That is what they should be doing, not up-dating works of fiction.

hre in australia my copy is paperback!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 12 Feb - 13:05

AnnaEsse wrote:I have never seen the paperback of her book anywhere. Supermarkets tend to sell only the top 20 or so paperbacks and Kate's book was never in that category. I looked for it in Waterstone's and WH Smith's butdidn't see it. Unless it was tucked away on shelves in those stores, it wasn't there. I looked under what I thought might be the obvious categories: memoirs, autobiograpy, myths and legends. It wasn't there.

Perhaps it's been 'abducted.' seems to be the word one uses when getting rid of something or someone Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 29204

T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 12 Feb - 13:34

You may have found it under the Humour/Comedy Section, seeing that it cant be taken seriously.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 13:49

To recap on previous postings, the paperback version is not currently available in the U K and never has been. Of course this does not apply elsewhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 12 Feb - 14:00

NoStone wrote:It is thought the new book, set to be published in the spring, will include details about the Scotland Yard review of her daughter’s kidnapping.

It almost begs a FOI request - what information is being passed from the Met to the Mc's and why??

Exactly, NoStone.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 12 Feb - 14:01

The End Is Nigh wrote:At least "kidnapping" is a different way of misrepresenting Madeleine's disappearance.

Waiting for the Rugby so just playing catchup here. "Kidnapping"........taken by force for ransom, "abducted".......taken by force. Is this a deliberate error?

also, We know Kate received £200,000 from The Sun and a' substantial advance ' from Transworld, which would have had to be repaid before Royalties.
What we don't know is exactly how much went into the Fund, couldn't the McCanns have told the public, many of whom were donors, either through their
FindMadeleiene website or facebook ???????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun 12 Feb - 14:11

NoStone wrote:It is thought the new book, set to be published in the spring, will include details about the Scotland Yard review of her daughter’s kidnapping.

Very very good point NoStone.

Are you willing to do it? Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 944533
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 12 Feb - 14:14

Wallflower wrote:

Are you willing to do it? Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 944533

Oooo yes please, pretty please ! Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 Icon_flower
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 12 Feb - 14:19

Wallflower wrote:

Yes, I think it would be a great Idea to make a FOI request, staing that it is based on the Mccanns receiving details of the SY and as a donor you would like the same consideration.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 12 Feb - 14:24

Iris wrote:

Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 307691 Or Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 29204 wasn't that the point?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 12 Feb - 14:45

Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:At least "kidnapping" is a different way of misrepresenting Madeleine's disappearance.

Waiting for the Rugby so just playing catchup here. "Kidnapping"........taken by force for ransom, "abducted".......taken by force. Is this a deliberate error?

also, We know Kate received £200,000 from The Sun and a' substantial advance ' from Transworld, which would have had to be repaid before Royalties.
What we don't know is exactly how much went into the Fund, couldn't the McCanns have told the public, many of whom were donors, either through their
FindMadeleiene website or facebook ???????

Just read this on FB by a poster... Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 29204

There is way too much prejudice taking place against anyone who does not agree with the McCanns version of events. No one seems to have read the McCannfiles--all the McCann supporters do is hate anyone who does not believe that their daughter was abducted. Most of Mr Amaral's assets have been frozen, and contrary to pupular belief Kate McCann has not made £2 million from her book--but around 10% of this amount. A quick check of the figures by way of the proper channels, or by AAA records or by way of the Society of Authors, will reveal exactly how much she has made--an average of £1.25 per book. Now, the publicity will recommence for the paperback with numerous ploys, such as newspaper "exclusives" which are nothing of the kind, possible sightings, etc. And of course, the release of the book has been deliberately times to cash in on public sympathy as the fifth anniversary looms--in a year which also sees the Jubilee and the Olympics. This will be the McCanns last big chance to add to their dwindling fund, as one governmental source states that, after this summer, moves may be made to declare madeleine legally dead. This would only be fair. Many other people are missing, whose families have not been afforded the same privileges of the McCanns, who have not always been forthcoming with answers to questions posed during this overlong investigation.
Average £1.25 per book Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 87849 , that isnt much is it, why the hell did they inform us Kate made £2m seems to me, surprise surprise, that the papers are telling porkies......AGAIN!! Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 294124

...............Or is it that they don't want anyone helping them anylonger with the fund because they have made such alot from the book???? Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 303636

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Sun 12 Feb - 14:50; edited 2 times in total
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Sun 12 Feb - 14:46

can this woman stoop any lower.

She ought to enter limbo dancing contests she would earn plenty of money from the prizes then she wouldn't have to spend time thinking up more lies
as surely there is only ONE story to be told so how can she keep adding to it.
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 12 Feb - 15:01

frencheuropean wrote:""Kate hopes the paperback will be a hit with British holidaymakers over the summer."

isn't it sarcastic?

Or maybe its some sort of manual, 'How to loose a child whilst on holiday?'
I can really relate to holidaymakers 'ignoring' their kids with their noses
stuck in Kate's bewk..... "anyone see wee Jimmy?"
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sun 12 Feb - 15:08

cherry1 wrote:I think your post says it all brilliantly mossman Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 944533

Sadly I think you are right about the Movie Mossman. There was talk of making a movie a while back but they back-tracked following public reaction. Maybe they think now the public would be more accepting. How else are their expensive legal team to be paid if they don't keep coming up new ventures to keep the money coming in?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 12 Feb - 15:30

Autumn wrote:
cherry1 wrote:I think your post says it all brilliantly mossman Kate McCann is working on an updated paperback version of her best-seller, Madeleine - Page 2 944533

Sadly I think you are right about the Movie Mossman. There was talk of making a movie a while back but they back-tracked following public reaction. Maybe they think now the public would be more accepting. How else are their expensive legal team to be paid if they don't keep coming up new ventures to keep the money coming in?

Hi Autumn, maybe Kate could take in washing, she has a gift with those hard to remove stains. Maybe cleaning as well, she knows a toothbrush is good for grouting, it's where the grouting is missing that is the problem.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next