Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Smith sighting has surfaced again

+18
mossman
Panda
Annabel
T4two
Loopdaloop
Angelique
AnnaEsse
fuzeta
Lillyofthevalley
almostgothic
margaret
frencheuropean
MaryB
marxman
chrissie
cass
Colonel Fabien
ali1966
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Smith sighting has surfaced again Empty The Smith sighting has surfaced again

Post  ali1966 Wed 14 Mar - 20:21

ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :
The Smith sighting has surfaced again Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Smith sighting has surfaced again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

The Smith sighting has surfaced again Empty Re: The Smith sighting has surfaced again

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 14 Mar - 20:49

Thanks ali1966. Today's date and talking about "murder squad detectives."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The Smith sighting has surfaced again Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Smith sighting has surfaced again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Smith sighting has surfaced again Empty Re: The Smith sighting has surfaced again

Post  Annabel Wed 14 Mar - 21:46

Same article from Wednesday June 06 2007

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/frontpage/local-family-may-have-seen-missing-maddy-700749.html

Local family may have seen missing Maddy Drogheda Independent

By Angela McCormick
Wednesday June 06 2007

A DROGHEDA family may have been the last people to see abducted four-year-old Madeleine McCann in Portugal.

The family isunderstood to have seen a child in the arms of a man on the night and at the time Madeleine was taken from her parents' apartments in Praia Da Luz.

They have reported the matter and recently gave statements to the Portuguese police.

The Portuguese police have asked the family not to speak to the press in case they compromise their investigations.

The family declined to give any details to the Drogheda Independent.

Portuguese police are convinced that the child, who vanished during a family holiday in the Algarve on May 3, was abducted.

A number of Drogheda-based families holiday in the nearby Estrela Da Luz apartments, part of a complex built by Drogheda man Gerry Fagan of Oceanico Developments.

'Estrela Da Luz is just around the corner from Praia Da Luz. Loads of Drogheda people go there. It is an absolute paradise,' said Jem O'Neill, a regular visitor
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 14 Mar - 22:12

It says at the end Madeleine will be 9 shortly, so it is recent.

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/local-family-may-be-key-to-new-maddie-probe-3049694.html
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Mar - 22:18

It also says (at the very end) that the McCanns want the case to be re-opened. I wonder if they managed to actually print that with straight faces.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 14 Mar - 22:44

Iris wrote:It also says (at the very end) that the McCanns want the case to be re-opened. I wonder if they managed to actually print that with straight faces.

Yeh they're definitely having a larf. It's got to be new.... the Mc's are using the 'R' word!! The Smith sighting has surfaced again 540205 The Smith sighting has surfaced again 540205
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 15 Mar - 0:03

So, let's see what we've got in the past day or so: Smith sighting resurfaces, McCanns are told to return the books and Isabel Duarte is going ahead with a case without the backing of the Public Ministry. Interesting times indeed!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel Fabien Thu 15 Mar - 9:03

However, the article does not mention that Mr. Smith was 60-80% sure that the man they saw was Gerry McCann.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 15 Mar - 9:17

so smith saw someone at 10pm isnt that giving gerry a alabi ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 15 Mar - 9:31

cass wrote:so smith saw someone at 10pm isnt that giving gerry a alabi ?

Nope, I think the opposite. If Smith and family
positively identify Gaz as the 'man with child'
he will have a lot of explaining to do.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 15 Mar - 9:38

marxman yes indeed prob i have these so called witnesses should not be known to the mcanns , there was talk in the early days that there was some very good witnesses o-c staff and they are not known at all thats the way it should be imo . i hope you are right though , also wasnt it said that the smith family was contacted my someone close to the mcanns ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 15 Mar - 9:56

cass wrote:marxman yes indeed prob i have these so called witnesses should not be known to the mcanns , there was talk in the early days that there was some very good witnesses o-c staff and they are not known at all thats the way it should be imo . i hope you are right though , also wasnt it said that the smith family was contacted my someone close to the mcanns ?

Yes, Kennedy their financial backer 'payed'
the Smiths a visit but I don't believe it had
the desired result as Team Mccann wanted.
I truely believe that the Smiths are 'hostile'
witnesses which the Mccanns ignored but
they were always in the background holding
an 'ace in the hole.'
On 3rd May 07 there was two reported sightings,
One of a man and child, the other with man
with a bundle. Logic dictates that you investigate
both but pay particular attention to man with
child. However, the Mccanns totally ignored the
most obvious and held up the bundleman as
the culprit without illiminating childman!
This, must rank as a big 'red flag' which needs
further investigating.
Moreover, why has the man that the Smiths
encountered not came forward if it wasn't Gerry?
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 15 Mar - 10:07

marxman wrote:
cass wrote:marxman yes indeed prob i have these so called witnesses should not be known to the mcanns , there was talk in the early days that there was some very good witnesses o-c staff and they are not known at all thats the way it should be imo . i hope you are right though , also wasnt it said that the smith family was contacted my someone close to the mcanns ?

Yes, Kennedy their financial backer 'payed'
the Smiths a visit but I don't believe it had
the desired result as Team Mccann wanted.
I truely believe that the Smiths are 'hostile'
witnesses which the Mccanns ignored but
they were always in the background holding
an 'ace in the hole.'
On 3rd May 07 there was two reported sightings,
One of a man and child, the other with man
with a bundle. Logic dictates that you investigate
both but pay particular attention to man with
child. However, the Mccanns totally ignored the
most obvious and held up the bundleman as
the culprit without illiminating childman!
This, must rank as a big 'red flag' which needs
further investigating.
Moreover, why has the man that the Smiths
encountered not came forward if it wasn't Gerry?

Very well put and exactly my thoughts. The Smith sighting has surfaced again 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Mar - 17:26

You'd think if Metodo 3 had been any good, they would have found a stoolie, about the same height and build as Mister Gerry, to "come forward" and say, that was myself that was spotted by Mr Smith. I was carrying my child home and she was asleep. There you go, Smith sighting "sorted". Mind you, that might have actually involved paying out money to somebody to tell lies. But then again.... The Smith sighting has surfaced again 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 15 Mar - 19:22

Iris wrote:You'd think if Metodo 3 had been any good, they would have found a stoolie, about the same height and build as Mister Gerry, to "come forward" and say, that was myself that was spotted by Mr Smith. I was carrying my child home and she was asleep. There you go, Smith sighting "sorted". Mind you, that might have actually involved paying out money to somebody to tell lies. But then again.... The Smith sighting has surfaced again 23324

Hi Iris, believe it or not, that is a very good
observation! Why did Metodo3 not invent a
stand-in? Not unless, they knew that it was
indeed Gerry, the Smiths knew it was Gerry,
so therefore a suitable look-alike would not
work, so it didn't happen. This by failing to
provide a dummy supports it being Gerry....
.... If you know what I mean? The Smith sighting has surfaced again 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 15 Mar - 23:29

Can anybody remember if the Smith sighting was shown on that Channel 4 'documentary'. The reconstruction one. Thanks
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 15 Mar - 23:30

there was, as far as i recall, a half hearted reference to it. i cannot remember the exact details, but there was definately a reference of some sort.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 15 Mar - 23:31

marxman wrote:
Iris wrote:You'd think if Metodo 3 had been any good, they would have found a stoolie, about the same height and build as Mister Gerry, to "come forward" and say, that was myself that was spotted by Mr Smith. I was carrying my child home and she was asleep. There you go, Smith sighting "sorted". Mind you, that might have actually involved paying out money to somebody to tell lies. But then again.... The Smith sighting has surfaced again 23324

Hi Iris, believe it or not, that is a very good
observation! Why did Metodo3 not invent a
stand-in? Not unless, they knew that it was
indeed Gerry, the Smiths knew it was Gerry,
so therefore a suitable look-alike would not
work, so it didn't happen. This by failing to
provide a dummy supports it being Gerry....
.... If you know what I mean? The Smith sighting has surfaced again 25346

interesting use of the word dummy The Smith sighting has surfaced again 294124
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 15 Mar - 23:40

mossman wrote:there was, as far as i recall, a half hearted reference to it. i cannot remember the exact details, but there was definately a reference of some sort.

Thanks. So there wasn't an actor playing the part of the person the Smith#s saw. Hmmm.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Mar - 0:12

I think yhis report has been copied.

At the time the family thought little about it and headed for home the following day but later images from Portugal surrounding the case triggered their memories of the chance meeting"

Iv"e seen that sentence in another report and mentioned at the time that the Smiths had a ticket to fly home on 9th May....six days after Madeleine
disappeared!!!!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Fri 16 Mar - 0:54

Panda wrote:
I think yhis report has been copied.

At the time the family thought little about it and headed for home the following day but later images from Portugal surrounding the case triggered their memories of the chance meeting"

Iv"e seen that sentence in another report and mentioned at the time that the Smiths had a ticket to fly home on 9th May....six days after Madeleine
disappeared!!!!!!!

No the smiths were definatley booked to go home on the 9th of may - mr and mrs that is. there was another one of the party booked to go home the following day. this is in one of the statements and it was a reason that they were going home at that time, they did not stay for another drink in the bar. the pregnant lady was not feeling well and i think it was mr smith's son who was going home the next day.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

The Smith sighting has surfaced again Empty irish newspaper reports smiths sighting

Post  mossman Sat 17 Mar - 18:31

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

The Smith sighting has surfaced again Empty Smith sighting descriptions and Gerry McCann/Littlemorsals

Post  Annabel Mon 19 Mar - 10:11

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 19 Mar - 10:30

Morning Annabel......thanks.

I only read the first paragraph and that was enought for me. :grin

— The description of the individual who carried the child was: Caucasian, around 175 to 180 cm tall. About 35 years, or older. He was somewhat tanned as a result of sun exposure. Average build, in good shape. Short hair, brown in colour. He does not remember if he wore glasses, or had a beard or a moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details as the lighting was bad.

The lighting was bad , so much so that Mr smith could not remember whether the guy wore glasses, or had a beard or moustache...yet could remember
the child,s eyes being closed and her wearing pyjamas.!!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 19 Mar - 11:01

Panda wrote:

Morning Annabel......thanks.

I only read the first paragraph and that was enought for me. :grin

— The description of the individual who carried the child was: Caucasian, around 175 to 180 cm tall. About 35 years, or older. He was somewhat tanned as a result of sun exposure. Average build, in good shape. Short hair, brown in colour. He does not remember if he wore glasses, or had a beard or a moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details as the lighting was bad.

The lighting was bad , so much so that Mr smith could not remember whether the guy wore glasses, or had a beard or moustache...yet could remember
the child,s eyes being closed and her wearing pyjamas.!!!!!

It's not fair to deduce from :"He does not remember if he wore glasses, or had a beard or a moustache" that the testimony is false. Very probably he answered a classic question of the police in such a case :"Do you remember if the man had glasses,beard or moustache ?", by "I don't remember that".
I say that because when I was involved in England in a criminal fire on a ferry, it's exactly the type of questions that were asked by the police. They even asked if a man I had seen before the crime was wearing a hat. The 3rd time they asked the question, I was convinced that the man was , indeed wearing a hat, even if it was not true!
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next