Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Smith

+18
Eve
tanszi
the one and only big_l
vivvy
Dimsie
kitti
wantthetruth
curious george
AnnaEsse
Christine
steve1295
Roasted Arizona
laurie
Sprite
Alfiefinn
Carolina
Susan
pm
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Martin Smith Empty Martin Smith

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jul - 20:54

I found this in the police reports file on pages 33 and 34

Further on this issue, the testimony of MARTIN SMITH was considered, pages 1606 and following, reporting the sighting of an individual carrying a child, in one of the streets that lead to the beach. It was said that the child could be MADELEINE McCANN, although it was never peremptorily stated. Some time later, the witness alleged that, by its stance, the individual who carried the child could be GERALD McCANN, which was concluded when he saw him descending the stairs from an airplane, pages 2871, 3991 and following and 4135 and following. It was established that at the time that was being mentioned, GERALD McCANN was sitting at the table, in the Tapas Restaurant.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Smith Empty Re: Martin Smith

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jul - 19:14

MsTaken wrote:I found this in the police reports file on pages 33 and 34

Further on this issue, the testimony of MARTIN SMITH was considered, pages 1606 and following, reporting the sighting of an individual carrying a child, in one of the streets that lead to the beach. It was said that the child could be MADELEINE McCANN, although it was never peremptorily stated. Some time later, the witness alleged that, by its stance, the individual who carried the child could be GERALD McCANN, which was concluded when he saw him descending the stairs from an airplane, pages 2871, 3991 and following and 4135 and following. It was established that at the time that was being mentioned, GERALD McCANN was sitting at the table, in the Tapas Restaurant.

how do the police know he was sitting at that time at the table? bet tanner told em so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jul - 22:17

sorry, being thick? How do you have access to police files? :scratch:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 23 Jul - 22:22

eddie wrote:sorry, being thick? How do you have access to police files? :scratch:

Hello edie

they are every where in internet - at leat here in PT

i posted several pages of it :lol:
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Martin Smith Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Martin Smith Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Jul - 4:33

eddie wrote:sorry, being thick? How do you have access to police files? :scratch:

They are posted here in full.

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/pj-reports-f3/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Smith Empty Mr. Smith got a call from Brian Kennedy

Post  Guest Sun 10 Aug - 6:39

Mr. Smith, the Irish witness that saw a man carrying a child on the night of May 3, was contacted by Brian Kennedy who asked him to take part in a photo fit exercise, but he refused. On a second statement to Irish police, he said that the particular way as Mr. Gerry McCann turned his head down, when leaving the plane, on his arrival in UK, was similar to what the man he saw on the night of May 3 did. Mr. Smith said he was 60/80 % sure that it was Gerald McCann the man he saw carrying a child. Mr. Smith was considered a genuine person, who is known locally and is a very decent person, was the comment of the Garda police officer that questioned him, on January 2008.

Meeting Brian Kennedy + 2 Metodo 3 detectives, with PJ = November 14, 2007

Tracing mobile phone calls

A British CID officer, on holidays near Praia da Luz, was warned by his superiors, after PJ intercepted phone conversations between him and Robert Murat, already an arguido, concerning technical details to trace mobile phones location. The CID officer justified the contacts because he was at Pensão Salsalito, owned by Murat's uncle. They knew he was a policeman, so asked him help about some general information concerning tracing mobile phone calls. Murat wanted to know if police would be able to locate with precision his mobile phone calls, on the night of May 3, as he used it, that night and he believed it could prove that he was at home, with his mother, when Madeleine vanished.

Gerry's fury

When GNR arrived, Gerry McCann walked to them, kneeled down and put both his hands in the ground, in the same position as a Muslim praying, and shouted twice, with rage in his voice, saying something that the witnesses close to them could not understand.

Toscano lies

Antonio Toscano, the alleged expert in child abduction and investigative journalist, was questioned by PJ, on May 27, 2007. Toscano gave dozens of interviews to British and Portuguese newspapers, claiming he knew Madeleine was kidnapped by a paedophile ring, by request, and he knew the man who was behind it. Questioned by PJ, he said that he received a tip from an informer, Frederico, who told him that a Frenchman called Bernard Alapetite, was responsible for the kidnapping. He said also that he could not guarantee Madeleine was with that man, but he believed Bernard Alapetite had the profile to perpetrate acts like that. Toscano said he knew Bernard Alapetite when he managed to be accepted as a member of a paedophile ring, acting as a “mole”, in his work as an investigative journalist.

Pictures of Madeleine

The printer used for the pictures of Madeleine belonged to a British member of the staff of Ocean Club. She brought it from his room. The pictures were printed using a memory card given to her by Russel O'Brien, around midnight. PJ wanted to check the printer, but she said that her boyfriend took it with him,to France. Anyway, experts from the PJ Laboratory considered that it was almost impossible to get a specific "fingerprint" from the pictures produced by that kind of printers.

Credit cards

On April 2008, Paulo Rebelo informed Stuart Prior that the Public Prosecutor didn't accepted the reduction of the period of time, proposed by UK Central Authority, concerning the request for records of Gerry McCann credit card transactions. That report was never finished.

Posted by Paulo Reis
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Aug - 7:42

Meeting Brian Kennedy + 2 Metodo 3 detectives, with PJ = November 14, 2007

Martin Smith 87849 why did the pj even entertain those people?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 10 Aug - 10:08

MsTaken wrote:Meeting Brian Kennedy + 2 Metodo 3 detectives, with PJ = November 14, 2007

Martin Smith 87849 why did the pj even entertain those people?

Maybe M3 bribed the PJ...they are good at that Martin Smith 613255
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Aug - 10:50

Arent the pj unlucky with all the freaking evidence? Now we hear the printer went to France Martin Smith 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Smith Empty Death on May 2nd - sighting of Gerry by Smith

Post  Guest Fri 19 Sep - 11:41

I tend to believe that Madeleine died on the night of May 2nd / early hours May 3rd. This is for 2 reasons:
1. Gerry Mc Cann, IMO, would not act hastily - he would sit and think and calculate and plan, and take methodical steps to remove 'evidence.'

2. It is far too big a cooincidence that the Mc Canns did not particpate in any group activities on 3rd May - that they stuck their kids in creche whilst rest of Tapas + kids met on the beach.

I think they used and needed the day of the 3rd to clean, plan, react, think / be shocked.
I think that they would have been very scared of anyone turning up to the apartment that day hence Kate in a bathrobe when DP called. She was sent out jogging on beach in the afternoon to keep up appearances and to see what was going on - make things seem 'normal'.

So, why then, following my assumptions, was there a sighting of Gerry at 10 ish by Martin Smith? Why didnt they get rid of the body during the day. I think that Gerry, having come up with the staged abduction plan, was 'wise' enough to know that it was highly unlikely for such a thing to occur - that noone would believe them. He had to therefore create an illusion of an abduction - for someone to actually see an abductor with the child. That is what he did, when he carried the lifeless girl towards the beach. It was dark and the streets were empty so he was comfortable that he could get away without being recognised properly. Kept head down, didnt respond to Martin's query. Made sure he wore different smarter clothes. Perhaps JT saw him too.
In hindsight he wouldnt have probably taken this action but whilst planning the massive hoax of an abduction, with a mixture of high adrenaline and anxiety - I believe that he would have recognised a need for someone to see Madeleine being abducted, and he could not ask anyone else.
Does this sound completely stupid - ?

from the 3a's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 19 Sep - 13:26

Jennifer wrote:I tend to believe that Madeleine died on the night of May 2nd / early hours May 3rd. This is for 2 reasons:
1. Gerry Mc Cann, IMO, would not act hastily - he would sit and think and calculate and plan, and take methodical steps to remove 'evidence.'

2. It is far too big a cooincidence that the Mc Canns did not particpate in any group activities on 3rd May - that they stuck their kids in creche whilst rest of Tapas + kids met on the beach.

I think they used and needed the day of the 3rd to clean, plan, react, think / be shocked.
I think that they would have been very scared of anyone turning up to the apartment that day hence Kate in a bathrobe when DP called. She was sent out jogging on beach in the afternoon to keep up appearances and to see what was going on - make things seem 'normal'.

So, why then, following my assumptions, was there a sighting of Gerry at 10 ish by Martin Smith? Why didnt they get rid of the body during the day. I think that Gerry, having come up with the staged abduction plan, was 'wise' enough to know that it was highly unlikely for such a thing to occur - that noone would believe them. He had to therefore create an illusion of an abduction - for someone to actually see an abductor with the child. That is what he did, when he carried the lifeless girl towards the beach. It was dark and the streets were empty so he was comfortable that he could get away without being recognised properly. Kept head down, didnt respond to Martin's query. Made sure he wore different smarter clothes. Perhaps JT saw him too.
In hindsight he wouldnt have probably taken this action but whilst planning the massive hoax of an abduction, with a mixture of high adrenaline and anxiety - I believe that he would have recognised a need for someone to see Madeleine being abducted, and he could not ask anyone else.
Does this sound completely stupid - ?

from the 3a's.

Although I believe in May 2nd I dont believe they did this planning vey well if they had to write down their plan on a book of Maddies.....and the evidence wasnt destroyed as the dogs found it.....

In fact they did a really poor job but I do agree with the rest of it!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 19 Sep - 16:01

I think that this all seems plausible.

But I am still yet to know for sure that Maddie wasn't seen on the 3rd. WAS SHE SEEN OR NOT??? The PJ seem to be satisfied that she was...???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 19 Sep - 16:12

eddie wrote:I think that this all seems plausible.

But I am still yet to know for sure that Maddie wasn't seen on the 3rd. WAS SHE SEEN OR NOT??? The PJ seem to be satisfied that she was...???

Well the pj can only go by what ppl are saying in their statements.....and as we know all the statements are a sack of lies and full of inconsistancies....and we also know the nannies could have been bribed by M3 or Kennedy as he contacted them and protected them....the waiters could have mistaken Tanners daughter for Maddie....

Nothing concrete to me to be honest!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Fri 19 Sep - 16:12

eddie wrote:I think that this all seems plausible.

PJ never have doubts in the 3rd of MAy
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Aug - 20:39

Maddie Kidnapper May Have Been Seen
Jan 3 2008 By Paul Byrne

DETECTIVES working for Madeleine McCann's parents are to quiz a family who may have seen her abduction.

The Smith family saw a man walking towards the beach in Praia da Luz in the Algarve carrying a child at the time the four-year-old vanished.

They returned home to Ireland the next day before realising it may have been the man who snatched Madeleine.

Portuguese police have since taken statements from the family, who live in Drogheda, County Louth. And now detectives from the Metodo 3 agency, hired by Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry, say they are ready to fly to Ireland to speak to them.

Martin Smith and his family were leaving Kelly's Bar in the resort when they saw the man and child.

He was heading towards the nearby beach, just 500 yards from the McCanns' flat at the resort's Ocean Club.

The Smiths put the time at between 9.50 and 10pm on May 3, just minutes before Kate McCann discovered her daughter had gone from their flat.

Barcelona's Metodo 3 have been contacting all witnesses to re-assess evidence.

The investigators believe the youngster was abducted by a paedophile ring and taken to north Africa.

Meanwhile, Robert Murat, 34, the first suspect in the case, hopes to learn today if he will be cleared of any involvement.

His lawyer said that under Portuguese law, he should be formally cleared because it is exactly eight months since Madeleine disappeared.

Source : Daily Record
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Aug - 20:49

MADDIE: IRISHMAN PROVIDES DRAMATIC NEW CLUES

Article from: Daily Mail (London)
Article date: January 3, 2008

Byline: SANDRA MURPHY, VANESSA ALLEN

AN IRISH holidaymaker has spoken publicly for the first time of his disturbing encounter with a man carrying a child wrapped in a blanket on the night Madeleine McCann disappeared.

Now investigators hired by Madeleines parents hope Martin Smith and his familycan provide a crucial breakthrough.

Speaking from his home in Drogheda, Co. Louth, Mr Smith recalled the sighting,which is strikingly similar to one by a friend of the McCanns, Jane Tanner. In hindsight, the retired Mr Smith said, the mans rude behaviour should have aroused his suspicions.

He explained: The one thing we noted afterwards was that he gave us no greeting.

My wife Mary remembered afterwards that she asked him, Oh, is she asleep? But he never acknowledged her one way or another.

He just put his head down and averted his eyes. This is very unusual in a tourist town at such a quiet time of the year.

Their description of the barefoot child and the man, who wore beige trousers,echoes that of Miss Tanner, who said she saw a man carrying a sleeping child away from the McCanns apartment about 9.15pm.

Though the Smith family believe they met an almost identical man closer to10pm, the coincidence prompted them to contact police after they returned to Ireland.

Mr Smith said: Luz is such a small place and so quiet, we felt a duty to tell police and let them decide if it was important. Last night, McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said detectives from the Spanish agency Metodo 3now hoped to speak to the family.

Metodo 3 is being very methodical, working through a number of people they think might be able to help them, and this family will be on their list. On thenight of the disappearance, Mr Smith was dining with his wife in the Dolphin restaurant in Praia Da Luz, where they are frequent visitors.

The couple were with their daughter Aoife, their son Peter and his wife Sile,as well as four grandchildren Tadhg, Cole, Aisling and Eimear.

All nine met the man holding a child but their recollection differs slightly from Miss Tanners.

In the image she gave, the man was holding the child forward in his arms. The man we saw had put the child over his shoulders. But Luz was very, very quiet at that time of the year and the likelihood of two young children being carried around like this is very small.

Also, our timings are a bit different. She saw the man at 9.15pm. We say 9.45or 9.50pmand the sighting was only a five-minute walk from where the child was staying.

I dont know if this information will help the McCanns. We kept interested in whats going on but we tried to avoid the limelight. The father of six yesterday said the Irish family would do anything they could to help the McCanns find their missing daughter.

We have not been contacted by the private detective hired by the McCanns, and have had no contact with the investigating police since May 26 last year.

But anything we can do to help try to solve it, we will. Recalling the event she witnessed, Mr Smith said it was some time before the family realised they could be star witnesses.

We were out the night it happened. My son and his family were leaving on the Friday and we were going for a family meal. We went home about 9.50pm and we heard nothing at all about Madeleine McCann until the next day.

I was taking my son Peter to the airport and on my way back, I heard that a kidnapping had happened in the village of Luz.

We were looking at all the commotion on Sky News and we really felt quite helpless.

We had two grandchildren with us at the time, aged four and five, and it had a terrible effect on them.

They all wanted to sleep in the same room as us until we went home on the Wednesday.

We were home two weeks when my son rang up and asked was he dreaming or did we meet a man carrying a child the night Madeleine was taken. We all remembered that we had the same recollection. I felt we should report it to the police.

I rang the Portuguese police and they took a statement from me on the phone.Then they asked me to make a statement to gardai, which I did in Drogheda two weeks after the disappearance.

Two days later, Leicestershire police got on to us and said they wanted to speak to all nine of us. But we felt there was no point dragging grand childrenand the whole lot out to Portugal so just my eldest son, Peter, and youngest daughter, Aoife, and I flew to Luz to make a statement.

The police were fairly busy and the station was pretty typical. They didnt seem to be the most efficient police you ever came across but they are probably no different to police anywhere else. We were interviewed separately and told them what we saw, and showed them on the map where we met the man and child.

We spent the whole day there from 10.30am to 7pm with an interpreter. That day,May 26 last year, was the last time we had any contact with the investigation.I remember clearly because it was my wedding anniversary.

I told them we went for dinner at the Dolphin Restaurant and then went on to have just one drink in Kellys bar, just 50 yards away.

We would normally have stayed out longer but my son and his family were going home the next day.

As we made our way back to our apartment in Estrella da Luz, we met a guy with a child that appeared to be asleep.

It looked like a blonde child, and I thought she might be four years old, as she was the same size as my grandchild who was with us.

It was around 9.55pm and it was getting dark and he was looking downward so Icouldnt tell you exactly what he looked like.

None of us was 100 per cent sure what he was wearing but we all told police he was wearing beige trousers and a darker top. We all put him in his early 40s. I didnt think he was Portuguese. Insisting he knew chief suspect Robert Murat visually for years, Mr Smith told police the person he saw carrying a child could not be him.

I told police it was definitely not him because the man wasnt as big as Murat.I think I would have definitely recognised him.

An Old Daily Mail article that according to Stevo was whooshed..From the 3 As
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 14 Aug - 20:55

Amaral said that as he was getting close to interviewing Mr Smith...thats when he was whoosh clunked!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Aug - 21:17

Even odder...when Mccann did his "reconstruction" in PDL....He had the smith sighting holding Maddie the way Tanner described. Martin Smith described the way he saw the child being held the same way that Mccann carried Sean from the plane. So why did Mccann deliberatley change Martin Smiths statement?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Aug - 21:24

coz once , they had no choice but to mention the smith sighting , the strategy was to try and merge , the Smith Sighting and the Alleged Tanner Sighting .

Most people would just assume , one of the same ,
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 14 Aug - 23:03

Martin Smith 371436 This case frustrates me!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Mon 24 Aug - 21:43

swati, greatt to see you here too.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 24 Aug - 21:48

swati wrote:Doesn't Gerry have an alibi for the Smith sighting? I remember Clarence stating there are lots of people who witnessed him in the TBar at the time of the Smith sighting.

All the witnesses were the Tapas 9, and a nanny. But after her positive statement, she has been invited by the McCanns in their home in Rothley. So, you can hardly call that independant. Amaral says that he is sure that Maddie was still alive at 5.30pm, because of the creche records. IMO, that is one of the things he is holding back for a next book. Seems that the creche records were not very accurate.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 24 Aug - 21:53

If we only knew why.....
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 24 Aug - 21:57

I never been on 3a Swati.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 24 Aug - 22:06

Two independant witnesses say that the table was empty at 9.25-9.30...so it was gerry.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content