Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately

+31
Panda
Oldartform
mossman
Justiceforallkids
jeanmonroe
squeaker
Lillyofthevalley
amber
Annabel
cass
margaret
NoStone
AnnaEsse
SteveT
Chris
duncanmac
marxman
Karen
chrissie
almostgothic
quickfingers
Angelique
MaryB
Badboy
pennylane
wjk
matthew
JOHNFRANCIS
tabs
dazedandconfused
ali1966
35 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Empty Re: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately

Post  Guest Thu 15 Mar - 7:36

Angelique wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 306321 Panda

I wonder why now too - I think we need more information from Claudia as to why this has occurred now.

It's all happening Angelique but we are none the wiser. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Having said that , isn't this the reason we are here, almost five years after the event trying to understand what's going on???? I think before we go to Bali, you and ann_chovey should start researching and sort out the chaff from the
wheat....we don't want to write a Book that isn't 100% factual or we will have youknowwho after us. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Yes I agree there is much to be done with the "sorting of chaff" - must warn you that writing this epic is almost as big a production as War And Peace! What is most worrying though is will we get our timelines right. I don't know - actually I thought I was carrying the bags! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

Isn't there a handy kid's book that you can just rip up?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Empty Re: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 15 Mar - 7:44

me thinks gerry and kate need to invest in some ultra absorbant depends!!!!!!!! lmao
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 15 Mar - 7:46

it would make a brillant marketing ploy hahaha
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 8:48

NoStone wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote:Oh what joy!

How can I possibly wait 10 whole days for justice for Goncalo Amaral. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 306474

I fervently hope this is just one of many successes for him.

Morning Angelique It would have to be the Publisher who demands the return of the books, as I say, why now?

Morning Panda! I think this is brilliently timed by Amaral as he will have the books in time for the libel trail - but as he will not have time to sell them - not the money just in case. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 307691 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 307691

Perhaps he is intending to hand out free copies at the libel trail - you know - leave one on every seat and a pile at the back for the press!! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324

What a message that would send out as well as being a 'good marketing ploy' Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324

Morning NoStone.......As I have said many times, this case is like being on a rollercoaster-------I'm starting to feel sick. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124
The Publisher could have asked for the Books to be returned a Month after the injunction was lifted not wait so long, what the motive is I don't know. Could it be he thinks Amaral will not win his case and be able to publish his book in English so wants to sell the Books while there is interest in
the upcoming case? Or could it be a dastardly plot to undermine Duarte's image and by association the McCanns.????

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Thu 15 Mar - 9:03

Maybe this was the little thing Amaral's lawyer has been working on that the McCanns wouldn't like? Like everything else it could have taken a while to go before the Judge again.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Mar - 9:06

quickfingers wrote:Maybe this was the little thing Amaral's lawyer has been working on that the McCanns wouldn't like? Like everything else it could have taken a while to go before the Judge again.

Yes, that mirrors my own thoughts .............. it's a well travelled path in warfare to keep one's powder dry. And if taking the wraps off now is a deliberate strategy, then it's a blinder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 15 Mar - 9:21

someone said in the early days that when something is really gonna happen we will be swamped with stuff in the press from both sides , news to bury bad news . Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 25346 wonder if these dates for trial , ga and tb have been postponed because something is about to happen ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 9:38

cass wrote:someone said in the early days that when something is really gonna happen we will be swamped with stuff in the press from both sides , news to bury bad news . Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 25346 wonder if these dates for trial , ga and tb have been postponed because something is about to happen ?

Morning Cas, I think it was TB who asked for a postponement to try to reach some agreement with CR on the charges.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 15 Mar - 9:54

The End Is Nigh wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Maybe this was the little thing Amaral's lawyer has been working on that the McCanns wouldn't like? Like everything else it could have taken a while to go before the Judge again.

Yes, that mirrors my own thoughts .............. it's a well travelled path in warfare to keep one's powder dry. And if taking the wraps off now is a deliberate strategy, then it's a blinder.

Yes Amaral said whatever they did caused 'panic' in the opposing side. And so it would be if they've destroyed those books....

Oh dear, it's all coming apart quite nicely. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 15 Mar - 9:58

margaret wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:

Yes Amaral said whatever they did caused 'panic' in the opposing side. And so it would be if they've destroyed those books....

Oh dear, it's all coming apart quite nicely. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

do you think depends are in use at the mcann house today hahah?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 15 Mar - 10:02

Justiceforallkids wrote:

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 306321 I had to look it up as it's obviously an Australian product, but yes l think they will be. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Depend_underpads_large
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 15 Mar - 10:02

Anyone in Lisbon spotted a vertically-challenged critter in a self-drive hired transit van yet?
Possibly heading towards the courthouse?

No?
Oh crumbs ...... Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 15 Mar - 10:04

Fantastic news! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 929468
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu 15 Mar - 10:07

I have a vision of Isabel Duarte running around all over Portugal with a trolley desperately trying to find 7500 books!
my vision is funny - so lets all take a sec to vison it! SEE - Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324
I have found a pic of a trolley with a clock (too funny) but DAMN cant paste not working!
KK is having a wonderful day! I hope you ALL are too Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 25346 good times ahead, Maddies beautiful flower I planted three years ago has started to bloom and Lord and Lady Kate are starting to fall!
One word
YAY !!!

Last edited by Karen on Thu 15 Mar - 10:46; edited 3 times in total
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 15 Mar - 10:07

I'm glad that Margaret has enlightened me
on what 'depends' are. I had no idea, nor
do I have use as yet! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 15 Mar - 10:10

margaret wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 306321 I had to look it up as it's obviously an Australian product, but yes l think they will be. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Depend_underpads_large

hahahahahahah they are incontinince pad
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 15 Mar - 10:18

ah thanks i wondered too , they have taken that much immodium that their bodys are used to it so now plan b Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 10:24

Iris wrote:
Angelique wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 306321 Panda

I wonder why now too - I think we need more information from Claudia as to why this has occurred now.

It's all happening Angelique but we are none the wiser. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Having said that , isn't this the reason we are here, almost five years after the event trying to understand what's going on???? I think before we go to Bali, you and ann_chovey should start researching and sort out the chaff from the
wheat....we don't want to write a Book that isn't 100% factual or we will have youknowwho after us. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Yes I agree there is much to be done with the "sorting of chaff" - must warn you that writing this epic is almost as big a production as War And Peace! What is most worrying though is will we get our timelines right. I don't know - actually I thought I was carrying the bags! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124

Isn't there a handy kid's book that you can just rip up?

OOOH you are awful-----but I like you. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 15 Mar - 11:27

Hi Panda, what you gonna do with your time when this case gets solved ?
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 15 Mar - 11:59

cass wrote:ah thanks i wondered too , they have taken that much immodium that their bodys are used to it so now plan b Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324

For plan B!

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwxpXSe1EVkMiOwqUKyZfx_oxYMVC-Rp-neT0x5zNKQcpPyRIlNaX-3SJ_yA
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 15 Mar - 12:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
cass wrote:ah thanks i wondered too , they have taken that much immodium that their bodys are used to it so now plan b Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 23324

For plan B!

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwxpXSe1EVkMiOwqUKyZfx_oxYMVC-Rp-neT0x5zNKQcpPyRIlNaX-3SJ_yA
they sell those here in ladies area of the supermarket if you get my drift hahaha
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 15 Mar - 12:06

I see that no one remembers that Gonçalo Amaral filed a complaint against the McCanns and Isabel Duarte for not returning the books. His complaint is based on a breach of freedom of speech and the right to freedom of information as well as a breach of trust by someone who was to guarantee the safekeeping of public property as ordered by the court.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Mar - 12:10

I remember it - but the issue here is the timing. It could have been brought to fruition long ago but perhaps Amaral has been waiting for an occasion when the impact might appear greatest?

Or is it just that the wheels of Justice have been rotating very slowly?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 15 Mar - 12:19

Carolina wrote:I see that no one remembers that Gonçalo Amaral filed a complaint against the McCanns and Isabel Duarte for not returning the books. His complaint is based on a breach of freedom of speech and the right to freedom of information as well as a breach of trust by someone who was to guarantee the safekeeping of public property as ordered by the court.

I remember that but didn't mention it because it's obvious that's why this order has come about??
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 15 Mar - 12:20

JM has posted an update:

The Civil Court of Lisbon notified the McCanns' lawyer on Tuesday

Early on this week, the lawyer for Guerra & Paz book publishers said that the book copies were stored at a warehouse in the area of Matinha in Lisbon, and that, they should be returned as soon as there was a court order. The 1st Circuit of the Civil Court of Lisbon [the same court that had granted the initial injunction on September 9, 2009] has now notified, Isabel Duarte, the books' trustee, ordering her to return the books to Guerra & Paz, within 10 days.

in O Crime, paper edition, nº 1546, pages 12 to 14, March 15, 2012

Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next