Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral

+8
Claudia79
Oldartform
wjk
Carolina
chrissie
tanszi
Justiceforallkids
kathybelle
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Empty Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 1:09

With thanks to Annabel.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id398.html

Court Case in Faro tomorrow of Goncalo Amaral against Marcos Teixeira da Fonte Aragão Correia and António Pedro de Andrade Dores.

Gonçalo Amaral v. Marcos Aragão Correia & António Pedro Dores

The trial of lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores, for the defamation of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, in the Leonor Cipriano case, has been postponed to March 29 2012 at 9.30am

The hearings will take place at the Court of Faro's Second Criminal Circuit and what lies at stake, according to a judicial source, is a document dated April 8, 2008, titled "Report on the torture of Leonor Cipriano perpetrated by the Portuguese Judicial Police", which Aragão Correia wrote for ACED and which was publicised by the Association.

The link will give you all the information leading up to the charge.....sorry, too long to post. Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral 25346

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Empty Re: Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral

Post  Guest Thu 29 Mar - 2:10

Panda wrote:With thanks to Annabel.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id398.html

Court Case in Faro tomorrow of Goncalo Amaral against Marcos Teixeira da Fonte Aragão Correia and António Pedro de Andrade Dores.

Gonçalo Amaral v. Marcos Aragão Correia & António Pedro Dores

The trial of lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores, for the defamation of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, in the Leonor Cipriano case, has been postponed to March 29 2012 at 9.30am

The hearings will take place at the Court of Faro's Second Criminal Circuit and what lies at stake, according to a judicial source, is a document dated April 8, 2008, titled "Report on the torture of Leonor Cipriano perpetrated by the Portuguese Judicial Police", which Aragão Correia wrote for ACED and which was publicised by the Association.

The link will give you all the information leading up to the charge.....sorry, too long to post. Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral 25346

Bring it on! It's high time somebody had this nutter committed, for his own good. (He wrote a letter to K&G and they didn't get it = or more likely, didn't answer it - so he sues the Pt post office? Nutter! Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral 613255 )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Empty Re: Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 2:18

It looks as though Amaral is going to be in Court 3 times this year, this case, the McCanns and the Property one where his ex wife and Brother are
testifying against him.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 29 Mar - 2:25

Panda wrote:

It looks as though Amaral is going to be in Court 3 times this year, this case, the McCanns and the Property one where his ex wife and Brother are
testifying against him.

Good morning Panda

Which ex wife is testifying against Dr Amaral is it his first ex or his second ex?
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 2:56

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

testifying against him.

Good morning Panda

Which ex wife is testifying against Dr Amaral is it his first ex or his second ex?

Morning kathybelle, I didn't know he had been married twice, it is Sofia.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 29 Mar - 3:44

Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

testifying against him.

Good morning Panda

Morning kathybelle, I didn't know he had been married twice, it is Sofia.

Hi Panda

I was always under the impression that Dr Amaral had been married twice, I don't know what made me think that way.

Why is Sofia testifying against him?

I've just had a look at this website: http://www.goncaloamaral.webs.com/ Apparantly Goncalo Amaral, got married to his first wife in 1983 and he has a daughter Sofia, who has a law degree. He got divorced in 1995 and in 1998 he met Sofia, who became his wife in 2000. Sofia and Dr Amaral, now have a daughter, who was born in 2003.

Last edited by kathybelle on Thu 29 Mar - 3:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To Add more to my post)
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 29 Mar - 7:36

Maybe she didn't get a choice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 8:24

Sofia and Amaral's brother are testifying against him . It's something to do with a Property deal , it was posted here at the time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 29 Mar - 8:43

Panda wrote:

Sofia and Amaral's brother are testifying against him . It's something to do with a Property deal , it was posted here at the time.

Thanks Panda.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 8:46

Fuller list of Marcos' defence witnesses:

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t3818-things-looking-good-for-marcos

Re: Things looking good for Marcos
Marcos list of witness's

Ana Maria Calado, diretora aposentada do estabelecimento prisional de Odemira;

Ana Paula Teixeira, Guarda Prisional, com domicílio profissional no E.P. Odemira;

Alexandra Sofia de Sousa Manjua Leal, com domicílio na Câmara Municipal de Portimão e com domicílio pessoal na Av. Afonso Henriques, Bloco E-AQ, 8500-Portimão;

António de Sousa Amaral, com domicílio na Quinta da Mata, nº. 4, 3º., esq., Corroios

António Marinho Pinto, Bastonário da Ordem dos Advogados

WOW!!! Mrs Gonc and Gonc's brother

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Empty Start today in Faro Trial for alleged defamation of Gonçalo Amaral ( edit postponed)

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 29 Mar - 9:45

Start today in Faro
Trial for alleged defamation of Gonçalo Amaral

by Lusa Hoje

The lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores start today to be decided by the Court of Faro, for alleged defamation of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral.

The former inspector, who investigated the disappearance of Jane, daughter of Leonor Cipriano sued both by aludirem publicly that the alleged torture that was targeted during the interrogation of the Joana case.

Aragão Correia, Leonor Cipriano's lawyer, argues that courts have already found as a fact that his client was tortured, although the Public Ministry (MP) to maintain the charge in the libel suit that has Gonçalo Amaral as the complainant.

Remember that, in the case of alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano, Gonçalo Amaral was convicted of the crime of false testimony, one year and six of imprisonment, suspended for the same period.

The trial should have started in February but was postponed due to a pending appeal, brought by Antonio Pedro Dores, professor and chair of the Association Against Exclusion for Development (ACED).

Marcos Aragão Correia enrolled as defense witnesses the current Chairman of the Lawyers, Antonio Marinho Pinto, EAA former director of the Prison Odemira, Ana Maria Calado.

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=2391051&seccao=Sul

google translator

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Thu 29 Mar - 12:38; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 29 Mar - 12:14

Thanks Carly
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 29 Mar - 12:21

yw hopefully we cab get a better translation
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 29 Mar - 12:38

by LusaHoje
Postponed the trial for defamation of Gonçalo Amaral

The trial of lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores, for defamation of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, was postponed again today to April 18, said a source close to the process.

According to the lawyer told reporters Antonio Pedro Dores, the only one involved in the process appear in court, Gonçalo Amaral, asked to be heard through videoconferencing.

Absent was also the lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia, who lived in Funchal, which have made the same application to the Court of Faro, requiring that the trial has been postponed for the second time.

The former inspector, who investigated the disappearance of Jane, daughter of Leonor Cipriano sued both by aludirem publicly that the alleged torture that was targeted during the interrogation of the Joana case.
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 13:06

I think Amaral described Correia as "mental" once, what game is he playing now? This case has been a long time coming to Court yet he can twice delay the trial. Unless he has a valid explanation the Judge should find in favour of Amaral and award him damages, end of story. I must say, the
wheels of justice grind very slowly in Portugal.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 29 Mar - 13:18

Repeated postponements, adjournments and delays are not confined to Portugal, Panda (Good afternoon, by the way) - We in the UK suffer similarly.

I used to find it infuriating to plan my work schedule to allow time for attendance at both Criminal and Corners' Courts only to have to have those plans repeatedly dashed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Thu 29 Mar - 13:21

You know if UK courts operate the same way as Portugese courts it makes you wonder how any cases get to be heard. At what time before a trial starts can you give notice you cant be there or you want to do it by video link, or in fact change any facet of the trial apart from new witnesses. I would have thought that you would have to give at least 24hrs except in exeptional circumstance, i.e you got run over of the way to court sort of thing. Was thier real reason that they will be busy helping to move some books.
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 13:45

The End Is Nigh wrote:Repeated postponements, adjournments and delays are not confined to Portugal, Panda (Good afternoon, by the way) - We in the UK suffer similarly.

I used to find it infuriating to plan my work schedule to allow time for attendance at both Criminal and Corners' Courts only to have to have those plans repeatedly dashed.

Afternoon TIEN, BTW Iv'e been meaning to ask you where you got your new Avatar...it's disgusting. Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral 294124

Britain has a crime rate second to none now but Portugal is considered relatively crime free, yet the few important cases, Amaral v Correia and Amaral v
the McCanns which outcome I think would be very important it has been months to give a Trial Date. I agree with bill 516, there is no excuse for delaying a Trial twice , we don't even know WHY Correia delayed it. Amaral once described him as Mental, he's not far off.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 29 Mar - 14:11

oh i have just read GA is live now on portugal tv SIC? something like that?????????????
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Mar - 14:17

Justiceforallkids wrote:oh i have just read GA is live now on portugal tv SIC? something like that?????????????

Hi JFAK....He's probably either explaining why the Trial did not go ahead today or the Books have not been returned, Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 29 Mar - 14:19

Thanks for the updates Carly Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Icon_flower
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 29 Mar - 15:00

Justiceforallkids wrote:oh i have just read GA is live now on portugal tv SIC? something like that?????????????
I hope someone comes along shortly to let us know what was said Court Case in Faro re Correia/Amaral Icon_flower
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 Mar - 15:30

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. No one can refuse to be someone's witness. The fact hat they have been called as witnesses doesn't mean they will testify against him. It also doesn't man they will not. It just means they are witnesses and they can't do anything about it. Only after they testify can we say if they testifies against him or not.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 Mar - 15:31

I haven't watched the whole show but the part I did watch he was just a guest commentator as he is often, speaking about unrelated cases.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 29 Mar - 15:31

thanks Claudia for saying that, again.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next