Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012

+15
marxman
NoStone
Claudia79
ShabbyTiger
AnnaEsse
cass
dazedandconfused
tigger
Colonel Fabien
Carolina
Panda
kathybelle
frencheuropean
kitti
HiDeHo
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012

Post  ShabbyTiger Sat 28 Apr - 16:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:Good thinking, Anna.

Redwood isn't as daft as some paint him.

I am desperately trying to share your positivity, TEIN. However I can't ignore the news from Joana's site that both Amaral and Carlos Anjos are saying that the English Police want to impose the abduction theory.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :
Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 16:51

Well I don't like to speculate, but Amaral has also said (and fairly recently, too) that it isn't looking good for the "McCanns" (Healy & McCann) - so either he is as fickle as opinions on Forums seem to be, or there is a game on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 28 Apr - 16:52

The End Is Nigh wrote:Well I don't like to speculate, but Amaral has also said (and fairly recently, too) that it isn't looking good for the "McCanns" (Healy & McCann) - so either he is as fickle as opinions on Forums seem to be, or there is a game on.

I think it's game on!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 16:54

Thankyou, Anna, that is the endorsement I have been hoping for these last few days! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 944533

Hard to be a champion of hope when folk are generally suffering the blues! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 28 Apr - 17:20

The End Is Nigh wrote:Well I don't like to speculate, but Amaral has also said (and fairly recently, too) that it isn't looking good for the "McCanns" (Healy & McCann) - so either he is as fickle as opinions on Forums seem to be, or there is a game on.

He meant the Portuguese review.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 17:22

Claudia79 wrote:

Of course.

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Sat 28 Apr - 17:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Claudia quote, as we went over the page.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Sat 28 Apr - 17:23

The End Is Nigh wrote:Thankyou, Anna, that is the endorsement I have been hoping for these last few days! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 944533

Hard to be a champion of hope when folk are generally suffering the blues! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 36898

Your viewa and champion of hope efforts are very much appreciated! It's just so hard when the news from Portugal is not good.... talk from GA and Carlos Anjos of the UK police only wanting to countenance the abduction theory.

I am trying my best to be positive, but flagging a little.... the positive writings of peeps on this forum are helping me to try and stay hopeful - so thank you! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 306321
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 28 Apr - 17:25

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Of course.

The fact that the Portuguese review is not looking good for the McCanns and the British want to impose the abduction scenario are not contradictory.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 17:26

Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Of course.

The fact that the Portuguese review is not looking good for the McCanns and the British want to impose the abduction scenario are not contradictory.

Quite so.

That is more or less the view I have been espousing whilst everyone else has been temporarily despondent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 28 Apr - 17:28

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Of course.

Quite so.

That is more or less the view I have been espousing whilst everyone else has been temporarily despondent.

This will only be solved with evidence. Without it, nothing will happen.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 17:30

Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Of course.

Quite so.

That has always been the position.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 28 Apr - 17:34

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:

Of course.

Quite so.

That has always been the position.

I don't mean re-opening it. That can happen and will probably happen somewhere along the way. But solving it is another matter.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 17:39

Indeed.

The best way would be for conscience to strike amongst those of interest, but if that were going to happen, I should have thought it would have happened already. But it seems it hasn't, sadly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 28 Apr - 17:58

Andy Redwood would have been notified well
in advance of his interview with Panorama.
So, I would presume also that he would have
been made equally well aware of the questions
in order that he may prepare adequate answers
to same. Furthermore, if this was not the case,
then you would assume that he would expect
this line of questioning naturally.
So..... why did he make such a disjointed, silly,
and fumbling attempt that did not come close
to providing anything like a sensible answer?
Moreover, his smirks and grins I believe made
him appear uncomfortable and nervous within
an media/interview environment
My only conclusion is that he was there against
his will and that he was not communicating what
he really felt.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 28 Apr - 18:06

marxman wrote:Andy Redwood would have been notified well
he really felt.

Talks in riddles and smirks Marxman - who does that remind you of??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 28 Apr - 18:14

NoStone wrote:
marxman wrote:Andy Redwood would have been notified well
he really felt.

Talks in riddles and smirks Marxman - who does that remind you of??

Reminds me of a typical village idiot in charge
of maybe the biggest criminal case in history! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 18:22

It's true, Marxman. He doesn't give a straight answer to a straight question. That kind of leads me to believe that he's been told what to say. It's not what he truly believes himself. And sadly, it just proves he hasn't got the gonads to keep his mouth shut, never mind actually give us his own opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 28 Apr - 19:07

Well, the stuff he spouted on Panorama was virtually indentical to what he said on Daybeak! You could be fooled into thinking he was working from a script!! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 25346
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Apr - 19:23

wjk wrote:Well, the stuff he spouted on Panorama was virtually indentical to what he said on Daybeak! You could be fooled into thinking he was working from a script!! Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 25346
Perish the thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 29 Apr - 0:35

So, having read the 'Daybreak' transcript, Andy R. is saying the Portuguese do want the case re-opened, SY want the 195 investigative opportunities 'answered' and need the help of the PJ for this and he believes Madeleine is still alive because there's a real possibility that she's alive.

Redwood: OK, well I am meeting now on a very regular basis - at least once a month - with a Portuguese counterpart in Porto - north-west Portugal – um, she leads a review team of officers who are committed, and dedicated to working with us, collaboratively, um, to establish what has happened to Madeleine McCann.

Dan Lobb: Will they reopen the case?

Redwood: Well the situation at the moment is…is…is…is quite simple: we in the UK in terms of our relationship with Portugal, operate two completely different legal systems. And we acknowledge and respect that, and indeed, in terms of how the Portuguese operate is...is…it’s the judicial authority that actually makes the decision around any re-opening.

Dan Lobb: But you, you still, you still have that hope, do you…

Redwood: Yes.

Dan Lobb: …do you, and that’s what you’re pushing for?

Redwood: Yes, absolutely…100%, the dialogue I have with my colleague in Portugal is very positive, and they do want to reopen in due course.

Kate Garraway: We’ve heard mention of these 195 ‘investigative opportunities’.

Redwood: Yes.

Kate Garraway: What does that - what does that mean, does that mean - leads? - chances? - of finding Madeleine?

Redwood: Yes, well our responsibility, we have a unique position, if you like, in terms of where are at present. We are drawing together three key strands, never done before - UK, Portuguese and private investigation material all into one place er in our incident room at Belgravia - and it is through that process that we are identifying investigative opportunities in our careful, systematic trawl through the material - er, so those 195 have come from our review of the history…

Kate Garraway: So those…that means they are basically…being tied together? – links and…

Redwood: Yes

Kate Garraway: Basically tying together - links

Redwood: Yes. This history of the case, where we’ve obviously started, is one part of the review, and that is where those 195 opportunities come from…across a broad range of issues...but it’s just simply that we’re unable to answer them…

Kate Garraway: Mmm

Redwood: …in the United Kingdom, which is where our really important dialogue with the Portuguese police takes place

Dan Lobb: Do you believe she is still alive?

Redwood: Yes I do.

Dan Lobb: Why?

Redwood: I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind. We were untouched by anything that’s gone before, and, as part of that, two key elements of it is to go: 1 Madeleine is alive and the other is, sadly she’s not...and in relation to her being alive, yes, there is a real possibility that she’s alive

Kate Garraway: So what are the things that make you think that…because I think you know we’re all clinging to the hope, aren’t we?

Dan Lobb: Yeah. I mean it’s kind of hard evidence but there is still going to be hope - as long as she’s not found dead

Redwood: Yes, I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there - for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive - and it is our belief, as experienced investigators - on the evidence, that, um that you know, that that, that is as a criminal act - and that has been, you know, undertaken by by a stranger, and so from that - she’s… and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive

Dan Lobb: Very quickly, let’s take, take another - another look at that picture that you guys have released - the age-progression picture, and in, in what…what help this could possibly do to the investigation?

Redwood: It’s a critically important stage for us, if you look at the image, you will see that it has great resemblance to a school photograph, this is the sort of image that every parent proudly presents – on their, on their dining room um you know, you know, your dining room table This image has been carefully prepared by a United Kingdom forensic specialist in human identification and…and art and - close collaboration with Mr and Mrs McCann who agree that this is a close - close resemblance to their, to their daughter - and my appeal to the public today is clear - look at the image carefully please -

Dan Lobb: OK

Redwood: …you if you know where Madeleine McCann is, then please call us - or if you know, or if you have information about what has happened to her, again, please call us.

Transcript at http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4781-dci-redwood-on-daybreak-video-added
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 4 May - 18:46

This remind you of anyone!

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Fri 4 May - 20:13

AnnaEsse wrote:Philomena McCann is on record as saying it only needs a greedy unscrupulous person...

Close cousin to the 'durrty animul.' Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 294124
Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 294124 Video - DCI Andy Redwood on Daybreak April 27 2012 - Page 2 294124
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2