Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have you seen this?

+23
tanszi
T4two
Loopdaloop
jay2001
dutchclogs
margaret
Justiceforallkids
interested
cherry1
kathybelle
tabs
Panda
dazedandconfused
Lioned
Badboy
maebee
cass
Roasted Arizona
wjk
Karen
Wintabells
Bobsy
matthew
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

have you seen this? - Page 5 Empty Re: have you seen this?

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 8:21

tigger wrote:So is there no way of checking out websites? Not that a bear or tigger of little brain will be able to work that out!

E.g. Cuddlecat.co.uk is still registered to TM - after five years! Is it still possible that they think of using it as another marketing ploy?
I've come across it on a site registered to a friend of the McCanns ethicaltoys. etc. Cuddlecat is linked to that site. It is supposes to even sell a Cuddlecat.

It is easy enough to check domain (website) names and ownership (if it hasn't been redacted for privacy) using "Whois". Cuddlecat.co.uk is not a currently registered domain. Cuddlecat.com is registered to a German registrant.

Wayback is somewhat different as it is only looking at websites which have a "presence" on the web. It was more use years ago when many sites had semi-static content but less so now when many websites change content daily.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 8:34

tigger wrote:So is there no way of checking out websites? Not that a bear or tigger of little brain will be able to work that out!

E.g. Cuddlecat.co.uk is still registered to TM - after five years! Is it still possible that they think of using it as another marketing ploy?
I've come across it on a site registered to a friend of the McCanns ethicaltoys. etc. Cuddlecat is linked to that site. It is supposes to even sell a Cuddlecat.

I've just checked the site - they've had a complete make-over in style etc. The cuddlecat has disappeared but under charities is listed: Madeleine Mccann (Reg. Charity No. 6248215)??????

http://www.ethicalkidz.co.uk/

It looks like they have made a mistake. There is no charity registered with that number. It is the Funds company registration number at Companies House.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 10 May - 8:47

Chris wrote:

I've just checked the site - they've had a complete make-over in style etc. The cuddlecat has disappeared but under charities is listed: Madeleine Mccann (Reg. Charity No. 6248215)??????

It looks like they have made a mistake. There is no charity registered with that number. It is the Funds company registration number at Companies House.

I'm inclined to think it's on purpose.
Kate routinely gives people the impression that the Fund is a charity by saying - they are helping other charities.

Most people I know also think it's a charity. Especially as the media aren't exactly open about this either - instead we see them on Charity runs, Charity events.

Thanks for the info, I was just going to look it up, having drawn zero from the Charities commission.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 10 May - 8:59

tigger wrote:
Chris wrote:

Where I live, our Charities Commmission take a very dim view of anybody printing a number "purporting" to be a charity. Indeed I have seen them print large notices in the national press advising people that such and such has printed such a number as a charity, please note it is not a charity.

I'm inclined to think it's on purpose.
Kate routinely gives people the impression that the Fund is a charity by saying - they are helping other charities.

Most people I know also think it's a charity. Especially as the media aren't exactly open about this either - instead we see them on Charity runs, Charity events.

Thanks for the info, I was just going to look it up, having drawn zero from the Charities commission.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum