Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have you seen this?

+23
tanszi
T4two
Loopdaloop
jay2001
dutchclogs
margaret
Justiceforallkids
interested
cherry1
kathybelle
tabs
Panda
dazedandconfused
Lioned
Badboy
maebee
cass
Roasted Arizona
wjk
Karen
Wintabells
Bobsy
matthew
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

have you seen this? - Page 2 Empty Re: have you seen this?

Post  maebee Sun 6 May - 22:57

This is disgraceful. I'm looking on that page for an email address to write to them with a complaint about this but their contact info leads me to admin@yootravel.co.uk. Can anybody else find an email addy for this voucher crowd?
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 6 May - 23:02

its disgusting -- i posted on fb page same thing .
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 6 May - 23:11

maebee wrote:This is disgraceful. I'm looking on that page for an email address to write to them with a complaint about this but their contact info leads me to admin@yootravel.co.uk. Can anybody else find an email addy for this voucher crowd?

I've sent an email to Low Cost holidays with the link to the Voucher Digg page

Are you aware that Voucher Digg has a photo of Madeleine McCann with the link to your low cost family holidays? This seems to be in very poor taste.

ETA: operations@lowcostholidays.com
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 6 May - 23:19

Thanks Anna. I'll write to them at that address.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 6 May - 23:21

maebee wrote:Thanks Anna. I'll write to them at that address.

I think it's worth contacting Low Cost Holidays because Voucher Digg is advertising their holidays and probably getting a percentage.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 6 May - 23:23

That is in extraordinary bad taste.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 6 May - 23:24

Lioned wrote:That is in extraordinary bad taste.

It certainly is and I think Low Cost Holidays needs to know what's being done in the name of their company.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 6 May - 23:24

Lioned wrote:That is in extraordinary bad taste.
A BIT LIKE HOLIDAYS TO DALLAS SHOWING JFK HAVING HIS HEAD BLOWN OFF?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 6 May - 23:35

Dont know about that one Badboy but i wonder what the 'dark side' are making of this as their usually pretty quick to copy everything here,strangely quiet i suspect until they can work it out for themselves which with their 1/2 combined brain cell will probably take a while.Funny how they dont trust the mccanns themselves isnt it !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Mon 7 May - 0:59

tabs wrote:top of screen middle photo BTW forgot to say

how could someone not know who that is?

This could be a sighting to give them hope...
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 7:00

Lioned wrote:Dont know about that one Badboy but i wonder what the 'dark side' are making of this as their usually pretty quick to copy everything here,strangely quiet i suspect until they can work it out for themselves which with their 1/2 combined brain cell will probably take a while.Funny how they dont trust the mccanns themselves isnt it !

lol bonnybitch is blaming us and just because i wrote i saw this on twitter when i meant i saw it on facebook she reckons i dunnit lol they are nuts the lot of them
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 7:59

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Lioned wrote:Dont know about that one Badboy but i wonder what the 'dark side' are making of this as their usually pretty quick to copy everything here,strangely quiet i suspect until they can work it out for themselves which with their 1/2 combined brain cell will probably take a while.Funny how they dont trust the mccanns themselves isnt it !

lol bonnybitch is blaming us and just because i wrote i saw this on twitter when i meant i saw it on facebook she reckons i dunnit lol they are nuts the lot of them

Yes, it was one of us who hacked the site and uploaded the photo! It had to be our fault.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 7 May - 8:07

AnnaEsse wrote:
Yes, it was one of us who hacked the site and uploaded the photo! It had to be our fault.

Call me naive but if I go on say the Argos website and look at image properties they were all uploaded today. Do they have some poor fool beavering away on a bank holiday uploading thousands of images?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 11:27

There is no way lowcostholidays would print the photo without the McCanns permission....they know the McCanns would sue. I think this is a joint
venture , the McCanns get more publicity to remind holidaymakers to search for Madeleine and lowcost get the typical holiday photo to draw the
reader to investigate their site to look for holidays. A plague on both your Houses I say, you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 11:39

Panda wrote:

There is no way lowcostholidays would print the photo without the McCanns permission....they know the McCanns would sue. I think this is a joint
venture , the McCanns get more publicity to remind holidaymakers to search for Madeleine and lowcost get the typical holiday photo to draw the
reader to investigate their site to look for holidays. A plague on both your Houses I say, you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves .

so are you saying the mcanns set this up????????
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 11:42

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:

I'm quite sure they wouldn't have. I haven't had a reply from Low Cost Holidays yet about whether they know that the voucher site is using that photo.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 11:43

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:

I'm quite sure they wouldn't have. I haven't had a reply from Low Cost Holidays yet about whether they know that the voucher site is using that photo.

i cant see why they would have i mean how many outside of the uk would have seen that if it had not been brought to our attention know what i mean????
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 11:47

Thank you tabs and AnnaEsse, for putting the links on here. I've also emailed Low Cost Holidays, to complain and I've also given them the link.

I've just had a courtesy reply from Low Cost Holidays, while I'm confident they'll removed the advert, I can't see them giving me any more information, even though I hope they will.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 11:50

That ad gets worse when you click for more details and there's the photo again, with "Best Value," underneath.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 11:58

can i just say despite what we think of the mcanns i just cant see them doing something like this everyone is allowed their opinion but imo i dont think they did this
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Mon 7 May - 11:59

to clarify for anyone stupid enough to think that this somehow originated from this forum ( cough cough you know who I mean) I found this link on a non maddie site - where others were rightly outraged at her image being used in this way

and brought it here as I thought it needed to be known

personally I don't think this has anything to do with Mccanns
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 12:00

kathybelle wrote:Thank you tabs and AnnaEsse, for putting the links on here. I've also emailed Low Cost Holidays, to complain and I've also given them the link.

I've just had a courtesy reply from Low Cost Holidays, while I'm confident they'll removed the advert, I can't see them giving me any more information, even though I hope they will.

Morning kathybelle, did you ask lowcost if they had received permission from the McCanns to reproduce the photo?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 12:00

tabs wrote:to clarify for anyone stupid enough to think that this somehow originated from this forum ( cough cough you know who I mean) I found this link on a non maddie site - where others were rightly outraged at her image being used in this way

exactly the blue shiny forum thinks we are in on it bloody idiots!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 7 May - 12:04

tabs wrote:to clarify for anyone stupid enough to think that this somehow originated from this forum ( cough cough you know who I mean) I found this link on a non maddie site - where others were rightly outraged at her image being used in this way

They also need to do a bit of research about browsers, web images and cache.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 12:07

Justiceforallkids wrote:

exactly the blue shiny forum thinks we are in on it bloody idiots!!!

The McCanns have their spies, witness amazon withdrawing Pat Browns Book etc, I am pretty sure if we have seen it, someone who knows the McCanns
has. Gerry was quick enough to get Madeleines colomba registered and would regard any photo used by a Company as a copyright infringement.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum