Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate's "Epilogue"

+7
Lioned
Badboy
jay2001
tigger
T4two
Alfiefinn
wjk
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kate's "Epilogue" Empty Kate's "Epilogue"

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 14:07

Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her [Paperback] Kate McCann Kate McCann (Author) › Visit Amazon's Kate McCann Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author name Are you an Author? Learn about Author Central (Author) 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (317 customer reviews) 317 Reviews 5 star: (225) 4 star: (30) 3 star: (20) 2 star: (10) 1 star: (32) › See all 317 customer reviews... Like 1336395547 false -1 8 8 7 (8) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RRP: £7.99 Price: £3.86 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions Deal Price: You Save: £4.13 (52%) Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more. o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o This title will be released on May 10, 2012. Pre-order now! Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available. Want to receive this the day it comes out? Sign in to see if release-day delivery options are available to your address. Well if it is already reduced to £3.86 postage paid Amazon can't be expecting huge Sales, so Kate won't be doing a Signing in Waterstones. Kate's "Epilogue" 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Kate's "Epilogue" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate's "Epilogue" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Kate's "Epilogue" Empty Re: Kate's "Epilogue"

Post  Guest Mon 7 May - 14:10

Amazon always heavily discount newly published Books ................ but what is more interesting here is how on earth there can be any Reviews at all as it hasn't yet been released!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 14:12

Panda wrote:Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her [Paperback] Kate McCann Kate McCann (Author) › Visit Amazon's Kate McCann Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author name Are you an Author? Learn about Author Central (Author) 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (317 customer reviews) 317 Reviews 5 star: (225) 4 star: (30) 3 star: (20) 2 star: (10) 1 star: (32) › See all 317 customer reviews... Like 1336395547 false -1 8 8 7 (8) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RRP: £7.99 Price: £3.86 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions Deal Price: You Save: £4.13 (52%) Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more. o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o This title will be released on May 10, 2012. Pre-order now! Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available. Want to receive this the day it comes out? Sign in to see if release-day delivery options are available to your address. Well if it is already reduced to £3.86 postage paid Amazon can't be expecting huge Sales, so Kate won't be doing a Signing in Waterstones. Kate's "Epilogue" 25346

Thanks Panda. That's a huge discount before it goes on sale.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 7 May - 14:13

"Want to receive this the day it comes out? Sign in to see if release-day delivery options are available to your address"
Dear god, could anyone be that desperate? Kate's "Epilogue" 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Mon 7 May - 14:17

The End Is Nigh wrote:Amazon always heavily discount newly published Books ................ but what is more interesting here is how on earth there can be any Reviews at all as it hasn't yet been released!

I think that those reviews would be for the hardback version. Because this is a paperback edition of the same book (plus the fabulous epilogue, with its denunciation of anything that may not have a 'wholly innocent explanation' Kate's "Epilogue" 294124 ) the previous reviews stand.

The same thing happens when a kindle edition of a book is launched.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 May - 14:18

Yes, I went onto Amazon and read a few just now ....................... what weird folk are let loose on this earth!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Mon 7 May - 14:23

I'm just wondering that the epilogue has been commissioned by Transworld for comparatively little money. I don't think the book did as well as expected and film rights are very unlikely to be sold. That's where the really big money is usually.

There's already been a film 'Gone baby, gone and Kate has deluged us with her version of events (flapping hands, flapping curtains - standard stories) that any film would be a turkey.

The epilogue is necessary to tell people there's something new to be learned from the book, somehow I doubt it. I do hope that Kate's remark in the Swedish interview, when she said she was taken aback at how much the twins could remember, doesn't reveal false memory syndrome of the twins. I couldn't stand that!

Just wonder re the medicines topic, if it isn't going to be full of questions answered before they're asked? (see topic on this)
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 14:37

The End Is Nigh wrote:Amazon always heavily discount newly published Books ................ but what is more interesting here is how on earth there can be any Reviews at all as it hasn't yet been released!

Yes TIEN, I noticed that. It obviously refers to the first Book , which, incidentally is also available as a kindle. Since it is exactly the same cover etc,
I'm just wondering if the Epilogue is tagged on go the end of the original book , maybe 30 odd pages which is why it is so heavily discounted.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 May - 14:58

Heavy discounts are par for the course with Amazon ............ I order all my Cookery Books at or shortly before release and they are invariably around 50% below RRP.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 15:02

The End Is Nigh wrote:Heavy discounts are par for the course with Amazon ............ I order all my Cookery Books at or shortly before release and they are invariably around 50% below RRP.

Yes, I order my cookery books from there too because of the great discounts. There's also the private sellers and I was able to get one of my best loved book, which I had lost, for just 1p plus postage. And it was new! (The New Cranks Recipe Book)
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Mon 7 May - 15:21

AnnaEsse wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Heavy discounts are par for the course with Amazon ............ I order all my Cookery Books at or shortly before release and they are invariably around 50% below RRP.

Yes, I order my cookery books from there too because of the great discounts. There's also the private sellers and I was able to get one of my best loved book, which I had lost, for just 1p plus postage. And it was new! (The New Cranks Recipe Book)

Yes, the private sellers do good deals. I have managed to get some old copies of "The Dandy" comic annual for my daughter on there much cheaper than on e-bay.

I must just say, though, that I will never subject my beloved kindle to 'the book'. Even if they sell it for a penny.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 15:24

Alfiefinn wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Yes, the private sellers do good deals. I have managed to get some old copies of "The Dandy" comic annual for my daughter on there much cheaper than on e-bay.

I must just say, though, that I will never subject my beloved kindle to 'the book'. Even if they sell it for a penny.

I had a look at The Cranks Bible on Amazon just now, even though I've got a copy, to see how much they were discounting it. Only available from 3 sellers, new from £109!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Mon 7 May - 15:32

Cripes, if you didn't love the book so much you could sell it on and make a massive profit!

Alan Sugar eat your heart out Kate's "Epilogue" 294124

Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 15:38

Alfiefinn wrote:Cripes, if you didn't love the book so much you could sell it on and make a massive profit!

I'll keep it! One of my really good books. Cover price is £25, but I bought mine from a book club, as an introductory offer, for something like £8 some years ago.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 15:40

Alfiefinn wrote:Cripes, if you didn't love the book so much you could sell it on and make a massive profit!

I've also got a book that I bought in 2009 for $32 including shipping from the US. First edition copies now going for hundreds, but I've got #229 of the first 300 signed by the author! I'm looking after it!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 15:45

According to my Oxford Dictionary ......"Epilogue, the concluding part of a Book"

I have been wondering why it was felt necessary by the Author and Publisher to add a possible chapter to the original Book published last year which
Kate said was for her children to read when they are older.

1. Has there been any major development to suggest the whereabouts of Madeleine ? NO

2. Have the Portugese decided to re-open the case? NO

3. Is there any reason why Kate and Gerry still insist Madeleine is alive? NO

4. If the SY review finds no new evidence will Kate and Gerry continue searching for Madeleine ? No

5. Could the reason for the Epilogue be to sell off the many thousands of Paperbacks issued last year with a couple of new paragraphs and deletion
of others.....yes.

6. Will the twins when they are grown up relate to this Book about a Sister they only remember from Photographs ? No

If you can think of anything else, feel free.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 7 May - 16:22

AnnaEsse wrote:

No experience of ordering cookery books, but as an avid consumer of crime novels I find that new novels by authors such as Peter Robinson or Veronica Stallwood sell at their highest price for say the first 6 months to one year following publication and thereafter get progressively cheaper. There seems to be a lower limit too however and even after several years, a good author never gets discounted as much as the paperback version of KM's drivel. Perhaps Amazon should be promoting it as a classic that's due to become a standard work for students of psychiatry and criminology in the near future.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Mon 7 May - 17:09

T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

No experience of ordering cookery books, but as an avid consumer of crime novels I find that new novels by authors such as Peter Robinson or Veronica Stallwood sell at their highest price for say the first 6 months to one year following publication and thereafter get progressively cheaper. There seems to be a lower limit too however and even after several years, a good author never gets discounted as much as the paperback version of KM's drivel. Perhaps Amazon should be promoting it as a classic that's due to become a standard work for students of psychiatry and criminology in the near future.

It would have to be read next to the publication of the facts of the case of course - but that might well happen. The case is unique.

AnnaEsse - since you read crime novels - have you read The talented mr. Ripley? Patricia Highsmith. A brilliant portrayal of a psychopath. Except Ripley had style.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 17:20

Uum, havn't we got a Book section? If not, change the title of this thread . Kate's "Epilogue" 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Mon 7 May - 19:22

I closed my amazon account when they caved in to a threatening cruck letter! Check often at the local PDSA shop for a copy of the bewk as I think that's a real charity.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 7 May - 20:15

Hello
For ages i've been meaning to ask why most here post "bewk" instead of book.......interested to know why?
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 20:19

snowflake wrote:Hello
For ages i've been meaning to ask why most here post "bewk" instead of book.......interested to know why?

It's the Liverpewl accent!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 May - 20:19

Most??

How strange to do a statistical analysis of such a thing!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 7 May - 20:24

AnnaEsse wrote:

It's the Liverpewl accent!

Ah!
Ididn't know that.
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 7 May - 20:25

The End Is Nigh wrote:

Most??

How strange to do a statistical analysis of such a thing!

sorry, some ...not most.
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down