Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will all this make a difference

+5
keepingmum
jd16
T4two
MaryB
kitti
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will all this make a difference

Post  Panda Sun 20 May - 16:53

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:June 13th isn't a Trial, just a directions hearing.

Brooks will require much time to get all the Evidence disclosed by the Prosecution and is, of course, entitled to prepare a Defence in an unhurried and non-prejudicial manner.

I wouldn't hold my breath for an actual Trial for many, many months.

Oh, I give up!!! Between The McCanns v Amaral, nearly two years.....now Rebekah Wade will probably take as long, what is wrong with the Justice Systems of Portugal and the U.K. that it takes that long? Surely the Police had accumulated all the evidence they needed in the Brooks case before
charging them? As for the McCann case, it is a civil Case which is not complicated so again you have to wonder at the delay, with no date set apparently.

The Wheels of Justice really do grind slowly.

Yes, the Police have all the Evidence for use by the Prosecution - but anybody accused of a Crime is entitled to have full Disclosure of that Evidence and to be able to prepare a Defence. You can't just put someone in front of a Jury without them having had an opportunity to weigh the Evidence for themselves, and to prepare to counter it (if pleading Not Guilty) or at the very least present Mitigation if pleading Guilty.

We're not into Kangaroo Courts here (yet!).

I'd go so far as to say it is right that the wheels grind relatively slowly as accused persons are Innocent in the eyes of the Law until Proven Guilty. Don't forget the Police have a head start, time-wise, so once they've got to the point where Charges are laid, only then does the clock start for the Accused.

Who here would appreciate being Charged and brought to Trial without having sufficient time - given the severity and complexity of the matter - to be able to rebut the Evidence?

There have been many miscarriages of Justice, only the other day a young man was released from Jail after serving 8 years for a crime he did not commit. In this case, knowing that Brooks is a friend of Murdoch and Cameron , I would assume the Police double, or even triple checked their evidence
before charging the Brooks. I presume the charges will be explained on June 13th , ie "It is alleged that on the 20th July, you did...". Then Brooks and
her team of a QC and Legal Bods will do their oiwn investigation and prepare a Defence.....six months tops if they are good at their jobs. The Leveson
inquiry must have had proof about the questions Brooks was asked and parried.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will all this make a difference

Post  Panda Sun 20 May - 17:06

SteveT wrote:Panda,

My wife is watching Columbo, hence the excuse to look in here!

I have nearly given up on this case many times, but think after 5 years we should go the course. The Murdoch influence and the fund will be their downfall.

I think your Wife has good taste......although like most American T.V. series they become too formulaic. Steve, the McCanns have gone 5 years, made
a fortune out of Madeleine's disappearance and if this review turns up no new evidence, the Portugese will close the case IMO. Murdoch has enough
to worry about and won't forget how the McCanns voiced their anger at the way the NOTW for printing the extract from Kate's Diary at the Leveson Inquiry.The McCanns made £1.250, 000 out of the Murdoch Empire and Murdoch could have expected the McCanns to be a bit loyal , so they can say goodbye to any more support from The SUN , in my humble opinion of course. Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will all this make a difference  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2