Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer

+8
Ang
marxman
Wintabells
dutchclogs
quickfingers
kitti
almostgothic
Justiceforallkids
12 posters

Go down

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Empty Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 22 May - 14:10

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer

11:30am Tuesday 22nd May 2012 in News By Peter Truman

SICK: The flyer created by Sinnerz Street SICK: The flyer created by Sinnerz Street

SICK: The flyer created by Sinnerz Street
MISSING: The age-processed image of Madeleine

A rock band has been branded “sick” for using a picture of Madeleine McCann on flyers for a gig.

Unsigned band Sinnerz Street were due to take to the stage of the Hydrant pub in Brighton on June 1.

But the venue has stripped the rock and metal group from the bill after learning flyers with the missing girl’s photo had been handed out.

The flyer features the latest age-progressed image of Madeleine showing how she could look now, at the age of nine.

Members of the public who were handed the flyers in Brighton city centre said they were appalled by the use of Madeleine’s image.

The adverts have been branded a “sick joke”.

Madeleine has been missing since she disappeared in Praia da Luiz in Portugal in 2007 while on holiday with her parents.

Robert Swan was handed one of the flyers outside the pub.

He said: “I was shocked and appalled by the grotesque use of such a tragedy to promote the band. It was really out of the blue.

"It was just someone handing out flyers and I had a double take. I thought I knew that picture because it's been in the newspapers.

"Then I realised and thought that's absolutely disgusting, almost disturbing.

"It was horrible. Maybe they thought it was rock and roll, but it's a bit perverse."

Hove MP Mike Weatherley, who launched the Rock the House competition to find the best live band and music venue in the country, said: "This sounds like one of those instances of a sick joke getting out of hand.

"It was a mistake from which the band should learn and I hope it hasn't affected the support acts."

It is not the first time an image of Madeleine has been used out of context.

Earlier this month a website used a photograph to promote discount trips to Portugal.

The photo, on discount website VoucherDigg, was taken hours before the youngster disappeared from the apartment.

A spokeswoman for the Hydrant said it had used its own publicity to promote the night and was not aware of the offending flyer.

She added: “We have called the band and cancelled their gig.

“We think it is awful and do not want anything to do with it.”

Sinnerz Street were due to appear on June 1 alongside tribute bands Guns 2 Roses and Judas Priester.

A spokesman for Guns 2 Roses, who gave his name as Gavin, said: “We are absolutely disgusted. We did not even know there was a fourth band on the bill. ”

The Argus tried to contact Sinnerz Street but they were unavailable for comment.
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Empty Re: Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer

Post  kitti Tue 22 May - 14:23

I thought they wanted her picture publicized .....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer Empty Re: Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer

Post  almostgothic Tue 22 May - 15:05

Rock band utilises famous topical image.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells Brighton is ...... err ...... disgusted.

Well was it ever thus.
Hold the front page.
Yawn.

I thought that Brighton was more Bohemian, nay outre, than that - very disappointing.

***Granny Alert***
Things were SO much more outrageous in my day.
I'm glad to say.

Will this make the nationals, so that the McCanns can be allowed to be furious Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 157799 yet again?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 May - 15:48

A spokesman for Guns 2 Roses, who gave his name as Gavin, said: “We are absolutely disgusted. We did not even know there was a fourth band on the bill. ”

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 22 May - 16:06

How is it perverse ?

How is it sick?

The mccanns hand out flyers....

We need to see one off the flyers to judge for ourself...for all we know, the group may off been advertising madeleines face as she is massing.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 22 May - 16:11

quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 22 May - 16:30

kitti wrote:I thought they wanted her picture publicized .....

EXACTLY kitty, but only on the mccann,s GREEDY terms Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 182123 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 182123 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 157799
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 22 May - 18:02

Surely any publicity is good - although you can't really see her face.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 22 May - 19:09

It is all rather odd, isn't it though, this happening again.

I would say their disgust stems from the fact they do not want this image publicised anyway.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 22 May - 19:35

mossman wrote:It is all rather odd, isn't it though, this happening again.

I would say their disgust stems from the fact they do not want this image publicised anyway.

I really can't see the problem! Its not even
the iconic image that was Maddie as a toddler.
Must be some strange sort of copyright issue
which as you say they don't want published
unless there is a cash donation attached.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Ang Tue 22 May - 20:55

Has anyone missed the irony that the ban is called SINNERZ STREET? Seems to me that they think the McCanns are sinners? Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 29204
Ang
Ang
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 207
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 22 May - 21:38

marxman wrote:
mossman wrote:It is all rather odd, isn't it though, this happening again.

I really can't see the problem! Its not even
the iconic image that was Maddie as a toddler.
Must be some strange sort of copyright issue
which as you say they don't want published
unless there is a cash donation attached.

The copyright issue is interesting Marxman. Who has the copyright ? This is an artists impression, a piece of artwork, not a real person. So does the copyright rest with the artist ? Also, was it SY or the McCanns who commissioned it ? I dont know why, the impression I get is that it was SY who arranged it. Perhaps somebody could clarify. How or why would the McCanns have copyright on an artists impression ?

Since it was first published, the McCanns, to me, appear very hesitant to use the image. I don't know what it is, I just get the distinct impression they would prefer to stick with the iconic images they themselves have fed us. Probably down to the fact there is more money to be generated from the cute, little three year old we all know and look for, as opposed to the unfamiliar pre-teen.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 May - 3:29

Strange isn't it that we have two photos of Madeleine causing "outrage" , one a hoax (the lowcostholiday one) and now this. Just when there hasn't been any Press coverage of sightings of Madeleiene recently.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 May - 10:22

Iris wrote:

Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324

Bravo! Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324 Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Wed 23 May - 12:25

I personally know the bass player from Guns to Roses. Silly girl. Yes she's a girl who plays at being Duff.
All this fake outrage?
In my day Rock'n'roll was meant to be a bit 'out there'. It still is as far as I'm concerned.
Oh how times change.
Pathetic. At the end of the day if you're a band ALL publicity is good publicity. When I managed a band I used to beg them to pull stunts. I once asked one of my boys to 'stick one on' Liam Gallagher in Notting Hill Arts Club. The paps were outside and I told him 'you'll be in The Sun tomorrow'..but no.. Liam's goons were massive.
An opportunity lost I always felt. Disgust over Brighton band's Maddie McCann flyer 294124
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down