Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's?

+14
margaret
mara thon
dazedandconfused
dutchclogs
cherry1
gillyspot
Lioned
Oldartform
AnnaEsse
wantthetruth
almostgothic
Justiceforallkids
fred
Annabel
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Empty Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's?

Post  Annabel Sat 26 May - 7:20

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/papercolumnists/lorrainekelly/4339233/Are-Ben-police-as-useless-as-Maddies.html#ixzz1vwBCuMJw

Lorraine Kelly
Published: Today [26 May 2012]

FOR the past 21 years we have looked into the sad eyes of Kerry Needham as she begged for help to find her son.

Little Ben went missing on the Greek island of Kos when he was a blond toddler and his mother and her family have always been convinced he was kidnapped to order and is still alive.

This week, she was shocked by the news that Greek investigators may now suspect Ben is dead.

Astonishingly they have apparently claimed he is buried in rubble only yards from the house where he was last seen.

For them to have taken so long to produce this theory makes me think the Greek police are as incompetent as the buffoons in Portugal who made such a hash of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The investigators now claim Ben, 21 months old at the time, could have wandered on to the building site and had an accident and his body might be buried under the rubble.

There was work going on at the time to build a house next door to where Kerry’s parents lived.

They were planning to build a new life in Kos because they felt it was safer than back in Sheffield, which of course is hideously ironic in view of what happened to the little boy.

Kerry, just 19 when Ben disappeared, had a job as a waitress in a nearby taverna.

She left her little boy with her parents and they were happy for him to play outside, thinking he was safe in the quiet countryside of the Greek island.

When they realised he was missing, they made a frantic search before calling the police.

In a scenario that will resonate with Madeleine McCann’s parents, the local police had a chaotic approach, which saw them trampling all over possible evidence and making a cursory night search without any torches or equipment. Like Kate and Gerry McCann, Kerry and her family initially found themselves under suspicion.

I interviewed Kerry shortly after Ben went missing and have spoken to her many times over the years.

I have always been astonished by her bravery even after years of false sightings and hopes repeatedly raised only to be cruelly dashed.

There is no doubt her life has been destroyed by grief.

She confessed to making two suicide attempts when the pain become too much.

What saved her was her daughter Leigh-Anna, now a beautiful 18-year-old woman, who has been a rock to her mum and the rest of the family.

Kerry’s mum Christine was consumed by guilt because Ben went missing while under her care and it is a testament to their relationship that Kerry has never blamed Christine for what happened.

Kerry is bone thin and weary but she just refuses to give up hope.

If the police really do have cause to believe that Ben is dead then they need to investigate immediately to give Kerry and her family some peace of mind at long last.

YESTERDAY was International Missing Children’s Day and saw the launch of the missingkids.co.uk website and helpline number 116 000.

A child disappears in the UK every three minutes and we all need to keep our eyes and ears open to help reunite these children with families who love and miss them.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Empty Re: Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's?

Post  fred Sat 26 May - 8:18

Lorraine is so predictable!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Empty Re: Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's?

Post  Guest Sat 26 May - 8:46

Not a good start to my day to read Lorraine's "thoughts".

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 371436
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 26 May - 8:51

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Not a good start to my day to read Lorraine's "thoughts".

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 371436

you know what if ben is alive whats too say he doesnt have a gf/his own family now???? im not saying he is but imo its possible( btw i wasnt arguing lol i was just thinking outloud) its like how the pros think of maddie forever 3
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 May - 9:13

The above demonstrates very clearly why Lorraine Kelly writes for the Sun and not the Guardian or the Times.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 May - 9:18

Are the Guardian and The Times any better at actually investigating the many oddities of this case though?

I heard somewhere that a reading age of only 12 is needed for The Sun - that's way too high for some of its "journalists".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 26 May - 9:20

quote...A child disappears in the UK every three minutes and we all need to keep our eyes and ears open to help reunite these children with families who love and miss them....unquote

That is a lot of children so why is it we are not bombarded with the stories of these children in every newspaper? Do all the families of these missing children have "fighting funds"? Why is the government not providing the same help and assistance to these families as they are to the Mccanns? Also since there seem to be so very many missing children in UK, 1 missing every 3 minutes, doesn't that make the UK police a bungling lot of keystone cops too since no doubt many of these children are still missing?

As for bungling Greek police, well heyho, they've done Portugal to death now they have to pick on another country. I would suggest to Lorraine Kelly that she actually does some research into the "bungling cops" of UK, perhaps by doing so she might get a whole new insight into the real world.

mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 May - 9:23

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Are the Guardian and The Times any better at actually investigating the many oddities of this case though?

I heard somewhere that a reading age of only 12 is needed for The Sun - that's way too high for some of its "journalists".

I don't know about investigating the oddities, but I doubt the Guardian and the Times would have writers who use language like "buffoons," when describing the Portuguese police.

I think it's a reading age of 13, by the way!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 26 May - 10:33

Lorraine Kelly - as useless as a fart in a spacesuit. And a complete waste of food.

Can anyone say what productive purpose she serves to the planet?
Answers on a postcard postage stamp pinhead, please.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 26 May - 11:29

AnnaEsse wrote:The above demonstrates very clearly why Lorraine Kelly writes for the Sun and not the Guardian or the Times.

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 307691 Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 307691

Reading this, I assume this woman is one of the stupidest in the media right now.

Tripe, utter, utter tripe.

I have no idea how she commands a prime time slot on the TV.

This article has really angered me Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 371436
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 May - 11:34

wantthetruth wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:The above demonstrates very clearly why Lorraine Kelly writes for the Sun and not the Guardian or the Times.

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 307691 Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 307691

Reading this, I assume this woman is one of the stupidest in the media right now.

Tripe, utter, utter tripe.

I have no idea how she commands a prime time slot on the TV.

This article has really angered me Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 371436

How on earth that woman got to be considered to be a journalist is amazing too. Is that the standard of writing we seriously want in our newspapers? I really wonder about the level of her education. Did she get beyond primary school?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 May - 11:38

The worst thing is that she actually commands a faithful following - presumably she is required therapy for folk in the aftermath of frontal lobotomy surgery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 May - 11:41

The End Is Nigh wrote:The worst thing is that she actually commands a faithful following - presumably she is required therapy for folk in the aftermath of frontal lobotomy surgery.

It must be something like that. I can't imagine that many people with an intact brain would consider her to be intelligent.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sat 26 May - 12:08

What a nasty woman - so the Portuguese police are `buffoons` are they?? She is no better than the worst of the gutter press resorting to using words like that. She will have lost a lot of viewers sinking to that level of nastiness.

Just shows how little she knows about the investigation.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 26 May - 15:17

Someone who writes like that would only enter the premises of a newspaper here to clean it.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 May - 16:34

Lorraine certainly isn't alone in her ignorant ramblings. With acknowledgement to the Jill Havern site, here's a link to a topic about press coverage of the police.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3740-the-slander-libel-and-defamation-of-pj-and-amaral?highlight=press+coverage

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? Empty Loads of missing kids ?

Post  Lioned Sat 26 May - 21:15

A child missing every 3 minutes would be about 180,000 every year then ? At that rate in 10 years time we wont have many left !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 26 May - 21:59

Lets hope the Greek & Portuguese police read this up and at the very least ban Lorraine (no brains) Kelly from visiting their countries.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 27 May - 23:19

It is obvious that Lorraine appears not to have done any research and I doubt whether she has
even bothered to read the PJ files. I see she doesnt mention that the Mccanns, professional doctors, would know very well not to allow people to go into the room where they say Madeleine was abducted yet they allowed their mates and others to trample around the room yet Lorraine blames the PJ for that! It would appear by her comments and her lack of knowledge about the case that the only buffoon is herself!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sun 27 May - 23:38

She left her little boy with her parents and they were happy for him to play outside, thinking he was safe in the quiet countryside of the Greek island.

Again, the word safe, feeling safe, thinking he was safe. Again a little boy left unatttended. Why, oh why, do responsible adults excuse their inattention of little ones by saying it felt safe?

And now the Greek police declaring Ben is likely dead, buried somewhere very near to home under rubble.

What do others here think? This does sound very similar to Madeleine's case, but does this mean its incompetent police to suggest the answer lies very close to home, or neglect from those adults responsible, whether intentional or otherwise. I'm in no way suggesting here there is something sinister about Ben's extended family, but it is a fact that the police are abused for suggesting, in both Ben and Madeleine's case, that these may be accidental deaths due to negligence.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Mon 28 May - 6:09

EXACTLY, what a stupid BINT Lorraine Kelly is Are Ben police as useless as Maddie's? 738116
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 28 May - 8:39

Claudia79 wrote:Someone who writes like that would only enter the premises of a newspaper here to clean it.

That would be too good for her I don't think she's even fit for that.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 May - 8:44

LJC, I feel that, as with the vast majority of missing children, there is someone in Ben's family who knows what happened to him. An accident I feel, followed by a frantic cover-up and, as the years have gone by, it's become impossible to tell the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 28 May - 11:20

Lioned wrote:A child missing every 3 minutes would be about 180,000 every year then ? At that rate in 10 years time we wont have many left !

I think in those figures every single call to the police about a 'missing child' is included. It would be more helpful for statistics if only the ones who had truly disappeared as in never seen again were stated. Not the ones who turn up a few hours after they've been told to come home, or those whose mums or dads have split and take the children out of spite for a few hours or who go missing at the seaside or an event for a while.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Mon 28 May - 12:02

Not Born Yesterday wrote:LJC, I feel that, as with the vast majority of missing children, there is someone in Ben's family who knows what happened to him. An accident I feel, followed by a frantic cover-up and, as the years have gone by, it's become impossible to tell the truth.

I think that whatever the right or wrongs of such cases, the plain fact remains that NO small child should be left unattended or out of sight no matter where you are. It's amazing how far a small child, even a toddler or a crawler, can go in a very short time and there are a 1001 unthought of dangers to small children. I'm sure most of us who are parents have had panic moments over something when your eyes have been averted for even a few seconds, I know I certainly had my share of such moments, but at least I was there to deal with it.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next