Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star

+14
malena stool
mara thon
interested
cass
quickfingers
pennylane
Justiceforallkids
almostgothic
weissnicht
AnnaEsse
yask27
Panda
Chris
Annabel
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Empty MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star

Post  Annabel Sun 9 Sep - 6:55

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/271373/McCanns-will-miss-cop-s-trial/
MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL

9th September 2012
By Daily Star reporter

"Kate and Gerry are not needed in Portugal for the trial”
The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte

THE parents of Madeleine McCann will avoid a showdown with a former police chief who wrongly claimed they lied about their daughter’s disappearance.

Kate and Gerry McCann are hoping to win a £1million libel payout from disgraced Goncalo Amaral, who they say has made their life hell.

But the McCanns, both 44, are staying away from this week’s trial in the Portuguese capital Lisbon.

Mr Amaral, 55, is attending the four-day hearing, which is scheduled to start on Thursday.

Kate and Gerry branded the ex-officer “poisonous” for claiming in a once-banned book that Maddie is dead and that they lied about her disappearance.

Their daughter vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal, five years ago, aged three.

The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte said yesterday: “Kate and Gerry are not needed in Portugal for the trial.”

She said they were confident of victory, adding: “We reasonably expect compensation for the dreadful damages this book has brought the family.”

Any payout will be spent entirely on the continuing global search for Maddie, the couple said.

Mr Amaral led the bungled investigation but was sacked for criticising British police.

Kate wrote in her 2011 book Madeleine: “That man has caused us so much upset and anger.”

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Empty Re: MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star

Post  Panda Sun 9 Sep - 7:42

Thanks Annabel,

So the McCanns were'nT going to attend anyway!!!! What kind of case is this when the accusers are not available to

answer any questions the Judges might want to ask. ?????

The Daily Star were obviously not aware of the delay when this article was printed .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star Empty Re: MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star

Post  weissnicht Sun 9 Sep - 7:59

Written by: No Name
No comments allowed
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 9 Sep - 8:07

I wonder what the purpose of this latest PR puff is for. The case will be decided in the court room not by public opinion.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 9 Sep - 8:32

Chris wrote:I wonder what the purpose of this latest PR puff is for. The case will be decided in the court room not by public opinion.

Morning chris, this case has been judged by the Press from day 1 and it really is incredible that after 5 years the McCanns continue to come across as this poor couple who are constantly being reviled by some Forums and their reputation damaged.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 9 Sep - 8:35

THE parents of Madeleine McCann will avoid a showdown with a former police chief who wrongly claimed they lied about their daughter’s disappearance.

Wrongly claimed? Says who? That has never been tested in a court of law, but Star readers will take that as fact or at least some of them will.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 9 Sep - 8:36

AnnaEsse wrote:THE parents of Madeleine McCann will avoid a showdown with a former police chief who wrongly claimed they lied about their daughter’s disappearance.

Wrongly claimed? Says who? That has never been tested in a court of law, but Star readers will take that as fact or at least some of them will.

if we lay people can see though their lies why cant newspapers??
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  yask27 Sun 9 Sep - 8:43

Justiceforallkids wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:THE parents of Madeleine McCann will avoid a showdown with a former police chief who wrongly claimed they lied about their daughter’s disappearance.

if we lay people can see though their lies why cant newspapers??

I'm sure they can Justice. It may be the fear of being Carter-Rucked, but I bet when or if the The House of Cards falls down, they will have sweet revenge.
yask27
yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 9 Sep - 8:45

If the gruesome twosome thought for one second they were about to win this trial, they would be heading over there with as much pomp and circumstance as is earthly possible. The money grubbing pair aren't attending because they know they are going to lose spectacularly (imo). MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star 912418

pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 9 Sep - 8:51

pennylane wrote:If the gruesome twosome thought for one second they were about to win this trial, they would be heading over there with as much pomp and circumstance as is earthly possible. The money grubbing pair aren't attending because they know they are going to lose spectacularly (imo). MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star 912418

exactly i think it isa good sign they are not prepared to show it means they know what they are saying is wrong
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 9 Sep - 8:56

I can't see them thinking that at all - Why not simply withdraw the Case?

No, I suspect they cannot face the outcry and opprobrium that setting foot (in the public gaze) in Portugal would create.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 9 Sep - 8:58

Justiceforallkids wrote:
pennylane wrote:If the gruesome twosome thought for one second they were about to win this trial, they would be heading over there with as much pomp and circumstance as is earthly possible. The money grubbing pair aren't attending because they know they are going to lose spectacularly (imo). MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star 912418

exactly i think it isa good sign they are not prepared to show it means they know what they are saying is wrong

I have fond, not too distant, memories of the pink pimp adamantly claiming on BBC they were going to win the last trial too! MCCANNS WILL MISS COP’S TRIAL/Daily Star 25346
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 9 Sep - 8:59

The End Is Nigh wrote:I can't see them thinking that at all - Why not simply withdraw the Case?

No, I suspect they cannot face the outcry and opprobrium that setting foot (in the public gaze) in Portugal would create.

also maybe beause of those british teachers as well the mcanns are finally learning portugal does not tolerate child neglect/abuse
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 9 Sep - 9:06

The End Is Nigh wrote:I can't see them thinking that at all - Why not simply withdraw the Case?

Morning TEIN,

They didn't withdraw the case because they wanted to wipe out Goncalo Amaral emotionally and tie him up legally for as long as possible after they lost the last trial! They needed to release Kate's book and to stockpile some more money before their fortunes changed. They want Goncalo totally destroyed... for a number of reasons.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 9 Sep - 9:10

I don't think they want to face the public who will turn up for the trial, running the gauntlet of public and press questions every time they enter and leave the court. They are narcissists who cannot cope with criticism or any kind of challenge to their lies and sense of entitlement.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 9 Sep - 9:15

pennylane wrote:

Morning TEIN,

They didn't withdraw the case because they wanted to wipe out Goncalo Amaral emotionally and tie him up legally for as long as possible after they lost the last trial! They needed to release Kate's book and to stockpile some more money before their fortunes changed. They want Goncalo totally destroyed... for a number of reasons.

In the UK, that would be called Vexatious Litigation and wouldn't get as far as a Hearing. I'm not familiar with the Portuguese system, but I'd be surprised if they don't have similar provisions.

Anyway, no matter - It will blow up in their smug faces soon enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 9 Sep - 9:16

pennylane wrote:

Morning TEIN,

Yes, they want to ruin him. That's all that matters really to the evil couple. (except money of course, money to keep Carter Ruck, the only thing that keeps them positive press)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 9 Sep - 9:20

well lets face it the mccans and pros wanted us to all shut up 5 anda half years ago we are and will continue to be a thorn in the mcanns and pros side if they deny it or not
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 9 Sep - 9:27

The McCanns have form when it comes to running away when things get too hot.
This no-show is their latest cowardly act.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 9 Sep - 9:30

almostgothic wrote:The McCanns have form when it comes to running away when things get too hot.
This no-show is their latest cowardly act.

as i said earlier i bet this british case at the moment has spooked them!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 9 Sep - 9:34

weissnicht wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Morning TEIN,

Yes, they want to ruin him. That's all that matters really to the evil couple. (except money of course, money to keep Carter Ruck, the only thing that keeps them positive press)

Spot on weissi,

The infamous pair sold their souls long ago, and the fall out from their vile, odious actions will permanently corrode their future existence. Of that there is not a doubt in my mind!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 9 Sep - 9:46

Im surprised really.....'Kate McCann too Ill to attend libel trial'....still, we got next week for that yet?

There probably saving that headline to fill ALL next weeks papers.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 9 Sep - 9:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Morning TEIN,

In the UK, that would be called Vexatious Litigation and wouldn't get as far as a Hearing. I'm not familiar with the Portuguese system, but I'd be surprised if they don't have similar provisions.

Anyway, no matter - It will blow up in their smug faces soon enough.

Vexatious Litigation is exactly what the McCanns have been bombarding Dr Amaral with in an attempt to bleed him dry and break his spirit, and I'm absolutely certain he is 100% aware of that. For whatever reason he has chosen to fight on in the face of such a poisonous enemy, and perhaps in the final analysis Dr Amaral will win substantial damages? My heart goes out to him, and I pray for him to win big, and be totally vindicated.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 9 Sep - 10:09

kitti wrote:Im surprised really.....'Kate McCann too Ill to attend libel trial'....still, we got next week for that yet?

There probably saving that headline to fill ALL next weeks papers.
agree kitti they havent milked it enough at the min -- more to come from them -- broken marrage illness the spin will come
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Sun 9 Sep - 10:14

Maybe they think if they don't go the UK press won't be so interested and Sky won't tweet live from the courthouse like before.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next