Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a bit quiet here, so...

+5
tigger
AnnaEsse
cherry1
kathybelle
BelEddie
9 posters

Go down

It's a bit quiet here, so... Empty It's a bit quiet here, so...

Post  BelEddie Thu 27 Sep - 15:35

I thought I would ask a question or two re the following. Me thinks Tigger will know about this.
A few weeks back I was reading the jillhaven forum when I came across a couple of bits of info previously unknown to me and I venture to most of the members here.
The first was a video of g. mcscam standing outside a Portuguese court and stating that MM was on her own that night!
The second was that J.Tanner ( she who cannot remember if she is Arthur or Martha ) states that she had a child monitor with her that night and that it was placed on a shelf behind her at the Tapas and that g.mcscam had one too.
BelEddie
BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :
It's a bit quiet here, so... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100It's a bit quiet here, so... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

It's a bit quiet here, so... Empty Re: It's a bit quiet here, so...

Post  kathybelle Thu 27 Sep - 19:51

BelEddie wrote:I thought I would ask a question or two re the following. Me thinks Tigger will know about this.
A few weeks back I was reading the jillhaven forum when I came across a couple of bits of info previously unknown to me and I venture to most of the members here.
The first was a video of g. mcscam standing outside a Portuguese court and stating that MM was on her own that night!
The second was that J.Tanner ( she who cannot remember if she is Arthur or Martha ) states that she had a child monitor with her that night and that it was placed on a shelf behind her at the Tapas and that g.mcscam had one too.

Hi BelEddie

I'm really pleased that you also heard Gerry McCann say that Madeleine was on her own on the night she disappeared. I was beginning to think I was the only one who heard him say this, which as you say, was when he was stood outside the Portuguese Court.

The time in question was when the McCanns were in the process of trying to get Goncalo Amaral's book "The Truth of the Lie" permanently banned. I was following the case live, on the Sky News website and I was listening to Gerry talking to the media outside the court, about the night Madeleine disappeared. Gerry said, "we are sorry we left Madeleine alone, that night."

I mentioned this on an AOL board and I was called a liar, by one poster, who just happened to be a McCann fan. I had once seen photographs of the twin's cots which contained no bedding and I had wondered if the twins were elsewhere on the night Madeleine disappeared. Gerry's statement outside the court, convinced me that the twins were elsewhere on that night.

I am presuming Sandra Felguieras was outside the court, because some time later, she was interviewing the McCanns and she asked Kate, if Madeleine was alone in the apartment, when she disappeared. Kate Changed the subject so Sandra asked her again. Once again Kate changed the subject, but instead of Sandra pursuing the issue, she went on to her next question.

I always wondered if David Payne was in the McCanns apartment, on the night Madeleine disappeared, for the purpose of giving her an injection to sedate her and he overdosed her, which proved fatal.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
It's a bit quiet here, so... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100It's a bit quiet here, so... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 27 Sep - 20:26

I know the video but missed that bit - but it's the same video I believe where Kate keeps saying 'I was there, I know what happened' . It's one of the very few occasions that they were not rehearsed and Gerry practically loses it. It's a bit quiet here, so... 25346

Re the monitor. It's very strange. The Payne's had one and told the PJ so. But ROB and JT said they didn't. Only after the Rothley meeting in November 07 - when all the Tapas were together did the question of their monitor come up. Too early in fact, in an article by David Smith from the Times, on the 16th December 07 when he wrote they did have a monitor.
However, the monitor didn't become public knowledge until the files were released in august 08. It wasn't in any of the papers except The Times. The very first time that monitor was mentioned was in the rogatory interview with JT in April 08, so how did DS know it in Dec. 07?

There is an interesting exchange between him and a poster on unterdenteppichgekehrt (who wanted to know how DS could know this) which I think can be found on Steel Magnolias. David Smith actually says that he must have heard it from Gerry when Gerry 'briefed' him after the Rothley meeting. (Which incidentally contravened the laws of both GB and Portugal as they were still suspects).

I've never heard of the McCanns having one, that would defeat the purpose of the exercise imo. Only the Paynes and ROB and JT had one. I'm sure.

Thank you for your great trust in my capabilities for finding this info ... It's a bit quiet here, so... 192282
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Thu 27 Sep - 23:29

Can't find the video where he says that Madeleine was alone, nor the bit where Kate loses her temper, but came across this one where at 2.14 Gerry makes the point that 'the searches were directed at finding a missing body' (and that since one wasn't found, they were reassured blah, blah, blah).

He keeps using this expression.... a 'missing body'. But why would he include the word 'missing'? Surely he means the searches were directed at finding 'a body' and that the failure of the searchers to do so offered them some reassurance. But the fact that he includes that the body being searched for was 'missing' suggests that the body had gone missing from where it should have been. If M had died in 5a, then one would expect her body to be found there and no search would be required. However, if M didn't die in 5a, her body wouldn't be a 'missing' body, it would be a body. The only way the word 'missing' could be construed as innocent in this context, would be if he'd said 'the body of our missing child' but he didn't and he never does. How does G know that if there's a body, it's a 'missing' one? Only if he knows there was a body in the first place.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 27 Sep - 23:31

How does G know that if there's a body, it's a 'missing' one? Only if he knows there was a body in the first place. .
Wintabells

That's a very good point!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Sep - 0:10

Gerry keeps saying "thesis"...my Oxford Dictionary says the word means a "proposition to be maintained or proved"a

"dissertation , especially by a candidate for a Degree"....surely he means "theory"??

Jane Tanner said at one time that she did have a Baby Monitor but they couldn't get it to work.

I think the McCanns are using the "why didn't you came when I was crying" as something and nothing because Madeleine soon forgot according to Kate, but Joe Public would not know that Madeleine cried for over an hour which shows they did not check on the children as often as they said. I notice Gerry had a dig about the Portugese Police ....they really have got a nerve.!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 28 Sep - 7:03

Panda wrote:Gerry keeps saying "thesis"...my Oxford Dictionary says the word means a "proposition to be maintained or proved"a

"dissertation , especially by a candidate for a Degree"....surely he means "theory"??

Jane Tanner said at one time that she did have a Baby Monitor but they couldn't get it to work.

I think the McCanns are using the "why didn't you came when I was crying" as something and nothing because Madeleine soon forgot according to Kate, but Joe Public would not know that Madeleine cried for over an hour which shows they did not check on the children as often as they said. I notice Gerry had a dig about the Portugese Police ....they really have got a nerve.!!

That Jane Tanner statement is from the rogatory, it didn't appear before that date, except in the Times article after DS had been briefed!!(i.e. instructed) by GM.

GM's not too good on the meaning of 'purport' either, I think he means 'propose'.

But it suits us fine, if purporting is what we are allowed to do, we can say what we like. I can purport to be a professor in linguistics, when I might in fact be the milkman. That's what purporting means, Dr. McCann. A thesis is not the same as a theory either, we're doing a great job here filling in the gaps in his education.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 28 Sep - 7:15

Here is the link for the David Smith/ babymonitor .Well worth a read, especially the tone of this journalist talking 'down' to a mere mortal imo...

http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.nl/2011/07/conversation-with-press.html
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 28 Sep - 7:39

Panda wrote:Gerry keeps saying "thesis"...my Oxford Dictionary says the word means a "proposition to be maintained or proved"a

Gerry irritates me with his misuse of English. In this context, the word he needs is, of course, theory.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 28 Sep - 7:42

I don't think that Mister Gerry's choice of words is that relevant, actually. He likes to try and impress us lesser mortals with big, fancy words to show us all just how clever and important he is. Shame that he uses all the wrong words and just makes himself look like a prat. Has he purported any more theories recently? It's a bit quiet here, so... 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 28 Sep - 8:14

Iris wrote:I don't think that Mister Gerry's choice of words is that relevant, actually. He likes to try and impress us lesser mortals with big, fancy words to show us all just how clever and important he is. Shame that he uses all the wrong words and just makes himself look like a prat. Has he purported any more theories recently? It's a bit quiet here, so... 613255

Bit like Delboy saying 'potpourri' - all the same, I would expect a doctor to know the meaning of these fairly simple words.

Imo he missed his calling, politics or marketing would suit him much better, his brief foray in marketing netted him far more money and fame than being a consultant would over a lifetime and he wouldn't have to use all those difficult words. Logical thought is not a requirement for these professions. Cardiac consultants however -

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 28 Sep - 9:16

His words may not be especially important, apart from when he purports a Freudian slip.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Sep - 9:55

tigger wrote:Here is the link for the David Smith/ babymonitor .Well worth a read, especially the tone of this journalist talking 'down' to a mere mortal imo...

[url=http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.nl/2011/07/conversation-with-press.html
http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.nl/2011/07/conversation-with-press.html[/quote[/url]]

Thanks tigger, never heard of David but he is certainly biased which is not worthy of a good Reporter.

"That said, however, I had a long briefing with Gerry McCann before I wrote my article and
I guess the baby monitor info came from him"
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 28 Sep - 10:44

Gerry says at the end of the above clip, that
it was particularly disappointing that GA's
officers were unable to 'change their mind'
with regard to them being made suspects.
What an arrogant and stupid statement!
Does he really think that cops holding a
particular theory can be influenced by the
suspect who fails to provide full co-operation,
but sets about proactively pre-empting any
evidence which may appear incriminating
to that suspect?

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 28 Sep - 10:52

marxman -- gerry is full of himself isnt he smug git someone once said if the shit was gonna really hit the fan -- he would chuck his mates in the deep end kate too i think they are all shit scared of him
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down