Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

+26
Panda
mossman
wantthetruth
kitti
cass
Bobsy
interested
pennylane
matthew
almostgothic
tigger
chrissie
welshy
AnnaEsse
Krisy22
kathybelle
saloongirl
ProfessorPlum
comperedna
the slave
malena stool
Wintabells
weissnicht
Annabel
Angelina
Justiceforallkids
30 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Empty Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  kathybelle Sat 6 Oct - 15:39

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Empty Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  interested Sat 6 Oct - 16:01

Now that a non-family person has been charged, will the McCanns come forward to comfort April's parents?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 6 Oct - 16:04

interested wrote:Now that a non-family person has been charged, will the McCanns come forward to comfort April's parents?
of course they will anything to get themselves on bloody tv
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sat 6 Oct - 16:22

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2012/10/cps-wales-authorises-charging-of-mark-bridger.html

CPS Wales authorises charging of Mark Bridger

Statement from Iwan Jenkins, District Crown Prosecutor, Crown Prosecution Service Cymru-Wales:

“The Crown Prosecution Service has been in close contact with Dyfed Powys Police as their extensive investigation into April’s disappearance has developed. In particular, we have been offering advice and guidance to the police since the suspect Mark Bridger was arrested last Tuesday.

“My role is to examine the evidence that is currently available and advise the police in respect of charges.

“I now have to advise that, having carried out a detailed review of the evidence gathered so far by Dyfed Powys Police, my conclusion is that there is sufficient evidence to charge Mark Bridger with the murder of April Jones, and that it is in the public interest to do so.

“I have also concluded that there is sufficient evidence and that it is in the public interest to charge the defendant with attempting to pervert the course of justice and child abduction.

“Accordingly, I have authorised Dyfed Powys Police to charge him with these offences and he will appear before Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Monday morning.

“I realise that this is an incredibly difficult time for April’s family, friends and the community. My thoughts are with them – and indeed with all those affected by this week’s events.

“The huge public and media interest in this case is understandable. I would just like to stress that, whilst Mark Bridger stands accused of serious criminal charges, he retains the right to a fair trial. I would therefore ask that nothing is placed in the public domain that may undermine the criminal justice process.”

Details of the charges laid against Mark Bridger are as follows:

Murder, contrary to common law

Attempting to pervert the course of justice, contrary to common law

Child abduction, contrary to Section 2 of the Child Abduction Act, 1984

Posted on 06/10/2012 at 15:52 | Permalink

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 16:31

Mark Bridger Charged With April Jones' Murder

A man is accused of murder, child abduction and attempting to pervert the course of justice following the girl's disappearance.

4:26pm UK, Saturday 06 October 2012
Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Mark-bridger-screengrab-1-522x293
Suspect Mark Bridger

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder April-red-top-1-402x293Play
LiveAberystwyth
Mark Bridger Charged with Murder April-red-top-1-402x293
Live Stream: April Jones: Police News Conference
Enlarge

• By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent

Mark Bridger has been charged with the murder and abduction of missing five-year-old April Jones.

The announcement was made ahead of a news conference led by Dyfed Powys Police and the Crown Prosecution Service in Aberystwyth.

Mr Bridger has also been charged with perverting the course of justice.

He will be held in custody until he appears in court at Aberystwyth Justice Centre on Monday.

Iwan Jenkins of the Crown Prosecution Service said: "Having carried out a detailed review of the evidence gathered so far by Dyfed Powys police I have come to the conclusion there is sufficient evidence to charge Mark Bridger with murder and it is in the public interest to do so."

The decision came just an hour before detectives reached the maximum 96 hours that they could hold Mr Bridger before charging or releasing him.

Searches are still continuing in and around the town of Machynlleth in mid Wales for the missing girl.

The primary school pupil was reported missing on Monday evening after she was seen getting into a vehicle near her home at around 7.30pm.

Ever since the community has rallied behind the efforts to find the youngster, many insisting that until she is found they still hold out hope of April still being alive.

Wearing a pink ribbon that has come to symbolise the search, Chief Constable of Dyfed-Powys Police Jackie Roberts said: "Today our thoughts are very much with April's family, friends and those that knew her."

She added: "To see so many people give up their free time was truly humbling to all those involved.

"It is time to let judicial process take its course and time to let the family come to terms with what has happened over the past week."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 17:18

I'm just wondering how you can charge someone with Murder when there isn't a body.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 6 Oct - 17:34

Panda wrote:I'm just wondering how you can charge someone with Murder when there isn't a body.

While I am not "up" on U.K. laws regarding "charging", I would have to believe the police have some kind of evidence leading them to this conclusion (more than mere suspicion).

In the U.S. it happens more frequently than one might think.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Oct - 17:53

Panda you must know that there have been various cases in recent years when there has been a conviction for murder without the body being found. The first one I remember was the Muriel McKay kidnapping case in late 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 6 Oct - 17:58

Below is a link which shows someone who was successfully prosecuted for murder, even though a body was never found.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2009/04/28/helen-mccourt-s-murderer-ian-simms-is-denied-parole-again-92534-23487458/

Here is another link, that shows someone was of murder, without a body being found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1419312/Mother-lets-rip-at-the-uncle-who-murdered-her-daughter.html

Last edited by kathybelle on Sat 6 Oct - 18:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To Add More Information)
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 18:21

interested wrote:
Panda wrote:I'm just wondering how you can charge someone with Murder when there isn't a body.

While I am not "up" on U.K. laws regarding "charging", I would have to believe the police have some kind of evidence leading them to this conclusion (more than mere suspicion).

I'm sure your'e right , but to leave ir to the last minute sounds more like desperation because the deadline to charge him was almost up. All I hope is the Parents are told where April's body can be found.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 6 Oct - 18:25

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda you must know that there have been various cases in recent years when there has been a conviction for murder without the body being found. The first one I remember was the Muriel McKay kidnapping case in late 1969.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body[/quote[/url]]

Thanks NBY, it does say it is very hard to prove, my guess would be they found something on the Cottage. Very sad, but not unexpected.If he IS guilty it will be interesting to know what his motive was.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 6 Oct - 18:37

Panda wrote:
interested wrote:

I'm sure your'e right , but to leave ir to the last minute sounds more like desperation because the deadline to charge him was almost up. All I hope is the Parents are told where April's body can be found.

Hi Panda

The police were advised by the CPS to charge Mark Bridger, with the murder of April as well as other charges. There is more information, in the link below.

http://news.sky.com/story/994194/mark-bridger-charged-with-april-jones-murder
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 6 Oct - 18:37

In america they charge and convict people on no body.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 6 Oct - 18:43

kitti wrote:In america they charge and convict people on no body.

It makes me wonder, what would have happened if Madeleine had disappeared in the UK, under similar circumstances as PDL. If the dogs found the same evidence that was found in their holiday apartment in PDL, would the McCanns have been convicted of murder, if the police couldn't find her body?
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Empty An alternate universe......

Post  Guest Sat 6 Oct - 18:49

If Madeleine had been reported missing in the U K I can't imagine that there'd have been much difference in the outcome - her parents would still be protected by their dodgy friends in high places and the media would still be causing a sick bucket shortage with their articles.

A lot of people in Portugal wouldn't have had their livelihoods destroyed though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 6 Oct - 18:50

I think if it had happened in the uk the outcome would off been the same.

The Mccanns are being protected and it doesn't matter what country they would off been In....they would off been where they are today .

But saying that....I think the body would off been found LONG before now....who knows.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 6 Oct - 18:51

Snap lol......
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Oct - 18:52

I got there first!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 6 Oct - 20:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda you must know that there have been various cases in recent years when there has been a conviction for murder without the body being found. The first one I remember was the Muriel McKay kidnapping case in late 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body

There was a very recent case up in Scotland I believe, where the evidence from the cadaver dog was taken on board and a conviction resulted, without a body.
This year I believe.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 6 Oct - 20:59

Two cases of several successful convictions of murder without a body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Danielle_Jones
The murder of Danielle Jones was an English murder case where no body was found and the conviction relied upon forensic authorship analysis of text messages sent on the victim's mobile phone. Danielle Sarah Jones,[1] (16 October 1985 - c. 18 June 2001), was last seen alive on 18 June 2001; her body has never been found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17464298
The body of a bookmaker who was murdered by his tax inspector wife and their daughter has never been found. In the past prosecutors have been wary of charging suspects in cases like this - so how difficult is it to convince a jury to convict a killer without the evidence of a body?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 7 Oct - 5:59

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 7 Oct - 6:08

Those dogs can smell cadaver scent in the water.....there especially trained to do so....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 7 Oct - 11:13

kitti wrote:Those dogs can smell cadaver scent in the water.....there especially trained to do so....

If they have used cadaver dogs and got a result, will be very interesting to see how much they feature in the case and how relevant they are deemed to be
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 7 Oct - 11:29

but the search is now being carried out only by those who've been specially trained...

'We call them canine search and recovery - basically we don't look for anybody alive with this type of dog'.

KMcC would be breathing a sigh of relief at this point, then.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder Empty April Jones: Dog 'worth 20 men' in search says handler

Post  Annabel Sun 7 Oct - 11:55

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next