Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another sighting (Cyprus)

+18
cass
kitti
interested
frencheuropean
cherry1
Lillyofthevalley
mara thon
want the truth
xtina
maebee
SteveT
mossman
Lioned
ann_chovey
tigger
tanszi
fred
Annabel
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 Empty Re: Another sighting (Cyprus)

Post  Panda Sun 3 Mar - 20:39

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:Well it doesn't look as if it is on the front page so that's one consolation, doesn't look as if the Sunday Express or Mail and the rest of the tabloids have joined in. This is really crazy stuff now I just wonder whose behind it all,??? Wev'e had three Countries in as many weeks and i think it is all to do with the upcoming trial. McCann v Amaral. I don't think it is the McCanns because one of their claims was that Amaral's book hindered the search for Madeleine.
I don't think that would be any hindrance for them Panda... The blatant disingenuous statements they've made regarding shutters, cameras, watches and phones hasn't fazed them for sitting bare faced and telling the next porky..

I meant that all these sightings have NOT hindered the search for Madeleine so that's one up for Amaral. How can they possibly claim that Amaral's book damaged the health of the Family? Thats 2 up for Amaral. How can they claim that the twins were affected by his Book, written in Portugese, or DVD which was I think available on youtube, would the twins be able to access that at 4 yrs of age? 3 to Amaral.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 3 Mar - 23:03

The parents reportedly disappeared when neighbours started showing interest in the little girl.

A similar sighting in New Zealand was dropped after the schoolgirl repeatedly mistaken for missing Madeleine McCann gave police a DNA sample so Scotland Yard could confirm that she is not the youngster.

Spot the difference? How convenient that the parents disappeared with this particular little girl thereby depriving Scotland Yard of the opportunity to DNA test. This sighting therefore remains open ended, whereas the girl in New Zealand was able to be ruled out with 100% certainty. Coincidence that a sighting that cannot be verified should occur shortly after it became known that Scotland Yard were going to the trouble of DNA testing little girls reported to be Madeleine?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 4 Mar - 7:28

Are they going to DNA every single child that resembles Madeleine, I say child, remember the BOY.

The Mccanns have turned this case into a joke.

What about those poor twins, what must they be thinking and more to the point, what will they think when they are 'allowed' or even told about these sightings by other children.

It's a bit late for Kate McCann to harp on about these sightings now after 6 years off them, they have created a monster , an out off control monster and it's ALL THERE DOING.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 4 Mar - 8:17

i think the press are taking the pee -- i mean someone snatches madeleine 6 years ago and shes the most famous little girl in the world -- and she is well travelled isnt she ? so this nasty pedo swathy man is taking her on holiday and taking her outside -- you couldnt make it up -- oh and shes not harmed in any way -- good god -- most missing people are dead within hrs -- not usually alive and going all over the world in public view -- let these sightings go on and on -- the more there are the more the uk public roll their eyes and think what again -- and as for sy they must be wanting to know the source of all these sightings
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Mar - 8:35

Yes kitti, the McCanns have created a monster and as long as the Press keep reporting these "sightings" the interest in Madeleine will remain.

Cass, the only way to stop this is for the Portugese to close the case, SY to finish their Report ( I think they already have!) and the McCanns would either have to put up their own money to check out these ridiculous stories or close the Fund and disappear into the ether.Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 4 Mar - 8:47

so this latest sighting this girl was with a family -- and passports with pictures on -- you couldnt make it up -- re garding portugal and the case - unless sy are behind them 100 percent i would open the case tell sy they want the tapas and mcanns re interviewed anything less and its case closed and make a statement in portugal that they have closed the case and are no longer looking for anyone outside the group end off -- i know they cannot do that but at lease sy we no longer are looking for anyone else re this
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Mar - 8:57

Anyone with one Brain Cell can see this is beyond farcical .......people forget this case is about a missing child and out of respect for her , her Parents should write an open letter to the Press asking that these ludicrous "sightings" stop being reported.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 4 Mar - 9:38

morning panda -- i agree you would think that the mcanns would be saying enough is enough with these fake sightings -- all upsetting bla bla - it needs stopping so this latest girl was having a family holiday and she was being gawped at -- as the case goes on there is going to be a girl hurt imo -i have always said this -- when my kids were ten years of age they were allowed a bit of freedom not stuck holding my hand -- as the years goes on every bloody girl that looks anything like the photo fit is at risk of nutters wanting their 5 mins of fame
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 4 Mar - 10:25

When you put out photos and e-filts, appear on TV, at the European parliament, at parliamentary committee hearings, give evidence at public inquiries, publish books - in short leave out no opportunity for publicity - it isn't a search; it's in GM's own terms, an "awareness campaign". Any policeman will tell you when you raise awareness to this level, that you're going to get a huge number of sightings coming in. I believe that in the case of Madeleine - the most publicized in the world - literally hundreds (or perhaps even thousands) of sightings have been generated, whether of Madeleine spotty man or whoever you're pushing at the time. Most of the people responsible for reporting such sightings are probably well-meaning souls, some will be cranks and others will be simply malicious. The PR machine then selects certain reports from newspapers around the world and regurgitates them for the UK press. For the PR machine it can be argued - it's only hyping the awareness campaign - which is what they are paid for. For the parents it could provide a good line of defence if the authorities were minded to bring charges against them without a body or 100% forensic evidence. In other words it's all about sowing seeds of doubt and making the police's job as difficult as possible.

Last edited by T4two on Mon 4 Mar - 10:34; edited 1 time in total
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Mar - 10:27

cass wrote:morning panda -- i agree you would think that the mcanns would be saying enough is enough with these fake sightings -- all upsetting bla bla - it needs stopping so this latest girl was having a family holiday and she was being gawped at -- as the case goes on there is going to be a girl hurt imo -i have always said this -- when my kids were ten years of age they were allowed a bit of freedom not stuck holding my hand -- as the years goes on every bloody girl that looks anything like the photo fit is at risk of nutters wanting their 5 mins of fame
Yes cass, enough is enough and instead of the Parents doing something about it , they are silent, yet have enough to say on T.V. about the Press .!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 4 Mar - 10:33

The fake sightings do serve one purpose for the McCanns, they can claim that one day, one of these fake false sightings could be Madeleine...

The fact remains that they are NOT searching for their missing daughter and are using the publicly donated search fund to harass and prosecute the very people who have searched their daughter, or have had the temerity to doubt the storyline expounded by the parent's spokesperson.

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Mar - 10:52

Panda wrote:Yes kitti, the McCanns have created a monster and as long as the Press keep reporting these "sightings" the interest in Madeleine will remain.

Cass, the only way to stop this is for the Portugese to close the case, SY to finish their Report ( I think they already have!) and the McCanns would either have to put up their own money to check out these ridiculous stories or close the Fund and disappear into the ether.Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 25346

The "Review" is continuing .................... and the best thing that could happen is for the Case to be re-opened. Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 192282
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 4 Mar - 10:57

T4two wrote:
The parents reportedly disappeared when neighbours started showing interest in the little girl.

A similar sighting in New Zealand was dropped after the schoolgirl repeatedly mistaken for missing Madeleine McCann gave police a DNA sample so Scotland Yard could confirm that she is not the youngster.

Spot the difference? How convenient that the parents disappeared with this particular little girl thereby depriving Scotland Yard of the opportunity to DNA test. This sighting therefore remains open ended, whereas the girl in New Zealand was able to be ruled out with 100% certainty. Coincidence that a sighting that cannot be verified should occur shortly after it became known that Scotland Yard were going to the trouble of DNA testing little girls reported to be Madeleine?
Spot on.
The NZ police chief squashed the 'sighting' on his patch very quickly. And the DNA test confirmed his findings. So it's very convenient for the McCanns to have an open-ended, unresolved 'sighting' which can be regularly regurgitated until this family is found.
In the same way that it's very convenient for them to have a very dead patsy who keeps reappearing like the proverbial bad penny.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Mar - 11:21

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:Yes kitti, the McCanns have created a monster and as long as the Press keep reporting these "sightings" the interest in Madeleine will remain.

The "Review" is continuing .................... and the best thing that could happen is for the Case to be re-opened. Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 192282

Well if that happened, yes I would agree but apart from proving the Tapas 9 lied what else would be acheived? So much money from several quarters has been spent on this case already and the Prosecutor went to a Judge as far back as 2008/9 asking if there was sufficient evidence to go to Trial....the Judge said "show me the body".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Mar - 11:33

Not at all sure I understand: Isn't it the wish of all Justice lovers - including the Police - that those responsible for Madeleine's disappearance should be brought to Trial?

All Cases/Investigations/Reviews (whatever handle one chooses to accord them) cost time and money and all require the relevant Prosecuting body to be satisfied that bringing a Case to Trial is both in the Public Interest and has a Reasonable Chance Of Securing A Conviction.

Even at its most basic level, and even if the "Review" is subject to the same terms of reference and scope as were stated when it was set up (Which I very much doubt), then the implicit aim must surely be to assist the Portuguese to overcome the sticking points when the matter was last put before a Judge? ie To establish from the original Investigation if there are matters which could be consolidated upon, whether there are avenues for further Investigation which could lead to gaps in Evidence being bridged etc. etc.

Frankly, I don't think that we will hear anything of value until the matter reaches critical mass. I also doubt whether re-opening of the Case will be announced until it's almost watertight already. That said, there are mutterings about some sort of progress statement around Easter, but that will be a bland affair into which nothing much can be read.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Mar - 12:26

The End Is Nigh wrote:Not at all sure I understand: Isn't it the wish of all Justice lovers - including the Police - that those responsible for Madeleine's disappearance should be brought to Trial?

All Cases/Investigations/Reviews (whatever handle one chooses to accord them) cost time and money and all require the relevant Prosecuting body to be satisfied that bringing a Case to Trial is both in the Public Interest and has a Reasonable Chance Of Securing A Conviction.

Even at its most basic level, and even if the "Review" is subject to the same terms of reference and scope as were stated when it was set up (Which I very much doubt), then the implicit aim must surely be to assist the Portuguese to overcome the sticking points when the matter was last put before a Judge? ie To establish from the original Investigation if there are matters which could be consolidated upon, whether there are avenues for further Investigation which could lead to gaps in Evidence being bridged etc. etc.

Frankly, I don't think that we will hear anything of value until the matter reaches critical mass. I also doubt whether re-opening of the Case will be announced until it's almost watertight already. That said, there are mutterings about some sort of progress statement around Easter, but that will be a bland affair into which nothing much can be read.
TEIN, much as I respect your view, there has to be a limit on how much more time and money can be spent on finding out what happened to Madeleine. We may not believe she was abducted but since there has not been a trace of her since the night she disappeared unless irrefutable evidence comes to light that the McCanns were involved , the Judge was right to make that ruling, the Court had also ruled that the phone calls could not be used because they were " too intrusive.". I just wonder what has been found by SY to make the Portugese re-open the case.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Mar - 12:34

The Judge ruled on what was put before him at that time .......................

I hardly think that SY (In collaboration with the Portuguese, don't forget) are going to divulge the minutiae of progress made. That's not how it works - and quite rightly so. We'll find out at the end, not at arbitrary points during a work in progress.

And the cost (not forgetting that the original funding must have been exhausted by now) is a matter for review in the light of progress and the prospect of a successful outcome.

ie. Whatever funds were originally allocated - and whatever the basis for it was - You don't call a halt simply and solely because that money has gone: There will be continuous review and consultation. If there is a point in going further, then they will. Conversely, if it transpires that there is no point, it would be wound up early. It hasn't been.

Also, it would not surprise me if part of the liaison process is about strategy - one element of which is the burden of proof in Portugal and another is the burden of proof in the UK ........................ (For any Offences which may have been committed).

But this is somewhat of a digression from the Sighting In Cyprus issue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Mar - 14:26

O.K. TEIN....I await the outcome.Another sighting (Cyprus) - Page 3 25346
Since no one has posted on this thread, I assume no more British Press reporting of the Cyprus sighting so the big guns have decided it's not worth them using Paper and Ink to copy. I am surprised at the Telegraph printing it, they never have bothered much before , and if there WAS a report of a real sighting of Madeleine it would not get much publicity , a case of crying "Wolf" too often.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3