Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anniversary Draws Near

+17
T4two
chrissie
AnnaEsse
cass
matthew
interested
Bobsy
comperedna
margaret
pamalam
pennylane
almostgothic
MaryB
mossman
Lillyofthevalley
Lioned
fred
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Anniversary Draws Near Empty The Anniversary Draws Near

Post  Keela Tue 23 Apr - 14:50

it will soon be the anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance. Will there be another sighting or have they now tired of this?n 3rd May actually falls on a Friday as well!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
The Anniversary Draws Near Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Anniversary Draws Near Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

The Anniversary Draws Near Empty Re: The Anniversary Draws Near

Post  cass Tue 23 Apr - 15:25

think another sighting maybe possible -- but after the we forgive the abductor - what can they add that will make readers go awwwwww i mean what can be said that hasnt already been said ? how can they tug on the nations heart strings with this comment -- can they ask for donations and if so what for -- sy have all bases covered -- what can they add nothing
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
The Anniversary Draws Near Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Anniversary Draws Near Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 23 Apr - 16:01

Ah yes, the anniversary. Kate has already "observed", having run the marathon "in memory" of Madeleine. Everything else is fraud.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 23 Apr - 19:16

Well to quote the greatest police force in the world. She is either dead or alive! O.K. I'll go for a sighting, I think it will either be Spain, Portugal or Greece. I'm leaning more to back to base, so Portugal it will be in my opinion, possibly a small village close the the Spanish border. A blonde child will have been enrolled in a small village school then hastily taken out for unknown reasons, so the search will be on from that area!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 23 Apr - 19:41

I think they are now starting to use the twins for the sympathy vote.

So expect stories like Sean and Amalie have been saving their pocket money for Maddies present and Amelie has been dreaming and Sean had a sleepless night and they both want laptops so they can read about the horrible trolls.

Maybe another Hewlett story just for good measure.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 23 Apr - 20:05

After leaving 3 toddlers in harms way night after night in a foreign country, and losing one in the process, Kate's now decided she's in a forgiving mood..... The Anniversary Draws Near E5059802
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 23 Apr - 20:28

Was speaking with a friend today about Kate's strange "forgiveness" story, my friend whom may I say has always been a fence sitter , says Kate forgives the abductor because she knows maddy wasn't abducted, Kate is forgiving no one so she can speak like this without fear of lying The Anniversary Draws Near 847843
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 23 Apr - 21:05

She forgives him because he is "dead" and there's no point in holding a grudge against a dead guy.

They are paving the way to frame Hewlett again, imho.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 23 Apr - 21:23

Personally I can't see that the McCanns would want Raymond Hewlett to be officially named as the "abductor"; surely Madeleine could no longer be alive if this was the case. They are continuing to bleat that there's no evidence that she's been harmed and that she's findable. Admitting that she is dead would derail the gravy train they've been on for the last six years.

Keela, 3rd May 2007 was a Thursday, not a Friday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 23 Apr - 22:10

Her statment makes no sense on so many levels but what I cannot understand is how she can forgive without knowing the outcome. So she forgives the abductor, but no mention or question of getting her back, appealing to him to let the helpline know where she is. How can she forgive something she knows nothing about as in what came after the abduction. There could be all manner of horrific things an abductor could have done to her child and without knowing what they are they can't be forgiven.

She comes out with such strange statements I sometimes wonder if they are not communicating with another party. Rather like Gerrys blog and the Swedish interview, these off the wall, out of the blue comments cannot be real.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 24 Apr - 0:26

Well I suppose you never know. Some story might be dusted down and brought out for the occasion. We;ve not heard of the abductor hiding in the stairwell for a while. Don't know if there even was a stairwell. But there might be just some new theory there ready for somebody to come forward with even after all this time.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 24 Apr - 9:59

Iris wrote:She forgives him because he is "dead" and there's no point in holding a grudge against a dead guy.

IMO it's to pave the way to totally pull out of the case against Snr.Amaral.

If they forgive the abductor surely they can forgive the police officer investigating their daughters abduction. The Anniversary Draws Near 25346

I'd put good money on it.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 24 Apr - 11:29

As the anniversary approaches, I'd love to see a reprise of the 2008 Dorset sighting.
Not necessarily because Dorset is so fashionable right now (see my avatar), but because the sighting is so achingly funny, what with the second-hand garden furniture (suitable for dining in your back garden, obviously) and the woman giving the bloke a whack to shut him up.

The story could be embroidered upon to cash in on the county's current popularity, ie the Not-Madeleine child accompanying the couple could be witnessed getting away on a skateboard whilst the shifty pair are pursued by the local detective who fails to apprehend them due to his constant dizzy spells.

Oo-er, I feel another Scandi Noir coming on.
Do the McCanns do requests?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 24 Apr - 11:55

margaret wrote:
Iris wrote:She forgives him because he is "dead" and there's no point in holding a grudge against a dead guy.

If they forgive the abductor surely they can forgive the police officer investigating their daughters abduction.
The Anniversary Draws Near 25346

Hi Margaret,

That certainly makes a lot of sense, and fits their modus operandi. Unfortunately the whole 'Kate forgives the abductor/paedophile' story has backfired spectacularly, and her (cough) credibility rating immediately took a massive tumble, as twitter and the internet lit up with comments of doubt and disgust towards Kate's dodgy headliner. If she pulls the same one out of the McHat again regarding Snr Amaral, I suspect it will be majorly counterproductive now. Still they have to do what they have to do I guess. Have the gruesome twosome been too crafty for their own good?

Last edited by pennylane on Wed 24 Apr - 11:57; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 24 Apr - 11:57

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sightings_of_Madeleine_McCann

Perhaps we could have a poll to see which is the site favourite of all the silly sightings! I think that the one in Leh, India, where the incident was totally fictional, will be a contender for number 1.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 24 Apr - 12:28

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Personally I can't see that the McCanns would want Raymond Hewlett to be officially named as the "abductor"; surely Madeleine could no longer be alive if this was the case. They are continuing to bleat that there's no evidence that she's been harmed and that she's findable. Admitting that she is dead would derail the gravy train they've been on for the last six years.

Keela, 3rd May 2007 was a Thursday, not a Friday.

Thanks for the correction!!! can't count backwards!!!!! The Anniversary Draws Near 25346
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 24 Apr - 12:46

pennylane wrote:
margaret wrote:

If they forgive the abductor surely they can forgive the police officer investigating their daughters abduction.
The Anniversary Draws Near 25346

Hi Margaret,

That certainly makes a lot of sense, and fits their modus operandi. Unfortunately the whole 'Kate forgives the abductor/paedophile' story has backfired spectacularly, and her (cough) credibility rating immediately took a massive tumble, as twitter and the internet lit up with comments of doubt and disgust towards Kate's dodgy headliner. If she pulls the same one out of the McHat again regarding Snr Amaral, I suspect it will be majorly counterproductive now. Still they have to do what they have to do I guess. Have the gruesome twosome been too crafty for their own good?

It did backfire spectacularly but....

They have to pull out of that case somehow otherwise who knows what unhelpful headlines will be coming out. PLUS there's the problems of the Portuguese bringing a 'vexatious litigation' charge. If they pull out and the Portuguese don't charge them great, but if they get charged they can become 'victims' of the Portuguese once more.

It's the sort of immature PR l've come to expect, all IMHO of course.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pamalam Wed 24 Apr - 14:14

Keela wrote:it will soon be the anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance. Will there be another sighting or have they now tired of this?n 3rd May actually falls on a Friday as well!!!

How about a sighting in the Shetland Isle, one never knows.

Emails sent to my site this month

18/04/2013 18:03

contact me on my email address cxxx.sxxx@virgin.net i will keep you inform i see her agin

--------------------

18/04/2013 18:00

my name cxxxx sxxxxx i have seen your madline she shetland isle
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 24 Apr - 14:37

Maybe we should have a sweepstake as to where the next one will be. My money is on Finland. As good a place as any! The Anniversary Draws Near 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 24 Apr - 14:42

pamalam wrote:
How about a sighting in the Shetland Isle, one never knows.

my name cxxxx sxxxxx i have seen your madline she shetland isle

Iris wrote:Maybe we should have a sweepstake as to where the next one will be. My money is on Finland. As good a place as any! The Anniversary Draws Near 294124

Far too cold in both places, nobody swarthy lives there!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 24 Apr - 15:06

How's about getting those useless dogs to have a sniff around grandma H's garden?

That's where they held a 'vigil' pretty quick smart after billboard van returned.

Always thought that was weird!

In the garden.

"Vigil" not held in a church but in a back garden!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Wed 24 Apr - 15:16

I remember that particular sighting with the man with the second hand outdoor furniture suitable for use on paving... wasn't he an Irishman? Paddy O'Furniture?
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 24 Apr - 15:20

comperedna wrote:I remember that particular sighting with the man with the second hand outdoor furniture suitable for use on paving... wasn't he an Irishman? Paddy O'Furniture?

The Anniversary Draws Near 23324
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Wed 24 Apr - 19:29

jeanmonroe wrote:How's about getting those useless dogs to have a sniff around grandma H's garden?

That's where they held a 'vigil' pretty quick smart after billboard van returned.

In the garden.

I never heard of this before Jeanmonroe, have you a link I can read more please?
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 24 Apr - 21:02

jeanmonroe wrote:How's about getting those useless dogs to have a sniff around grandma H's garden?

In the garden.

A "vigil" in grandma's back garden after that van returned from Portugal???? Oh my, I don't recall reading about that before. However, I do remember the video showing the McCanns briefly visiting the billboard van just before it returned to the U.K.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next