Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m

+15
tanszi
wjk
malena stool
Bobsy
margaret
mara thon
mossman
Chris
interested
weissnicht
fred
Lillyofthevalley
almostgothic
frencheuropean
Annabel
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Empty Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m

Post  Annabel Sun 28 Apr - 7:49

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/395273/Scotland-Yard-s-Maddie-McCann-quiz-bill-soars-to-4-5m

Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m

THE cost of Operation Grange, the Scotland Yard review of the Madeleine McCann mystery, has risen to ­£4.5million, the Sunday Express can reveal today.

By: James Murray
Published: Sun, April 28, 2013

Madeleine McCann went missing in 2007

Detectives are said to be making “good progress” with the ­estimated £6,228-a-day investigation that began in May 2011.

The Home Office told us: “We remain committed to supporting the search.”

Home Secretary Theresa May will this week face pressure to explain in ­detail if taxpayers are ­getting value for money.

"We remain committed to supporting the search"
Home Office

The Yard will also be under pressure to call a press conference to say if they are any nearer to catching whoever was responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance in the Algarve in Portugal on May 3, 2007, when she was three.

On Friday, the sixth anniversary, her parents Kate and Gerry are expected to join supporters for prayers by a candle that burns day and night in their home village of Rothley, Leicestershire.

Michelle Canilleri, who lives in the village, said: “We want to make sure Madeleine will never be forgotten.”
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Empty Re: Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m

Post  frencheuropean Sun 28 Apr - 8:23

"The Yard will also be under pressure to call a press conference to say if they are any nearer to catching whoever was responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance in the Algarve in Portugal on May 3, 2007, when she was three."

Interesting phraseologie.Whoever, even if.....
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m Empty Re: Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m

Post  almostgothic Sun 28 Apr - 9:40

Home Secretary Theresa May will this week face pressure ...
Who will be applying the pressure? Mr Murray neglects to explain.

The Yard will also be under pressure ...
Once again, who will be applying the pressure? Once again, Mr Murray neglects to explain.

Could the general public be applying the pressure?
Taxpayers are quite used to seeing far greater amounts of their money being squandered on far less worthy projects than this one. I have heard of no such public pressure group. If there is one, they are keeping remarkably quiet.

It must be Cynical Sunday today, for I am sitting here wondering just who would benefit the most if Operation Grange ended up being scrapped in the very near future ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 28 Apr - 10:17

Here we go all smoke and mirrors again.....it's the silly time 3rd May is looming

I feel a serious sighting is due Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 182123
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 28 Apr - 10:39

Yes, for sure a sighting is due any day now!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 28 Apr - 12:53

£6,228-a-day.. who of UK taxpayers are privileged to pay that today.. and who tomorrow...etc. for ever?

Why it says: investigation? It's a review.
PJ is the one who has the investigation.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 28 Apr - 13:22

i wonder how April Jones' parents feel about this. No i am not saying the police didnt do enough searching for her, im just asking is it good use of public funds to continue a review five and six years later when the event happened in another country and they are in essence just reviewing what the PJ did. There are events in this country where the parents had to fight for an investigation Stephen Lawrence and others cases come to mind. Its mindboggling that the UK looks at the mo of other countries police forces and issue such staggeringly inane comments such as she made be dead or alive. whilst i firmly agree that any perpetrators should be brought to justice regardless of the time taken, is spending money reviewing another countries investigative actions the way to go, especially when there were representatives of UK police forces acting in concert with the PJ at the time. jimo

Last edited by tanszi on Sun 28 Apr - 13:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to add: the review must have found something even if it is to confirm that the PJ did their best investigation given the circumstances, the clear statements of the T9 and the non political interference.)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 28 Apr - 15:58

frencheuropean wrote:"The Yard will also be under pressure to call a press conference to say if they are any nearer to catching whoever was responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance in the Algarve in Portugal on May 3, 2007, when she was three."

Interesting phraseologie.Whoever, even if.....

Detectives are making "good progress" and "remain committed to supporting the search". The article refers to the review of the Madeleine McCann "mystery". Is the search for Madeleine or for enough evidence to bring charges? I can't help thinking about the crimes Max Clifford allegedly committed decades ago.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 28 Apr - 16:51

How perverse of anyone to suggest it is not money well spent when Mr Redwood has confirmed they have already established the child could be alive or could be dead. Besides with summer approaching a few detectives topping up a suntan on the Algarve is totally justified.

Hopefully no-one will notice the test required by the Portugese to reopen the investigation (new evidence) has, on the face of it, not been met despite the crack team, thousands of man hours, two years and £4 million plus down the Swanee.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 28 Apr - 17:04

“good progress”

is an interesting phrase! You can only make “good progress” if you have someone, or some people in mind...
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 28 Apr - 17:10

Chris wrote:How perverse of anyone to suggest it is not money well spent when Mr Redwood has confirmed they have already established the child could be alive or could be dead. Besides with summer approaching a few detectives topping up a suntan on the Algarve is totally justified.

Hopefully no-one will notice the test required by the Portugese to reopen the investigation (new evidence) has, on the face of it, not been met despite the crack team, thousands of man hours, two years and £4 million plus down the Swanee.

Would the PJ re-open if SY were to confirm that following their multi million pound review, their findings were that the original line of enquiry by Snr Amaral etc was in fact the correct line ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 28 Apr - 17:13

Yes indeed, what is progress measured by and with? And why has it cost so much, are the police paid so much?
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 28 Apr - 18:25

Bobsy wrote:Yes indeed, what is progress measured by and with? And why has it cost so much, are the police paid so much?
Overtime is a big part of their budget and of course five star digs are very expensive in PdL especially when such super sleuths are in town. We can't have the representatives of, 'The Best Police Force in the World' roughing it can we?. I wonder if they have negotiated special rates at the Tapas?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sun 28 Apr - 18:34

Also with this multi million pound "review" being paid for by the taxpayer just why is the Mccann begging bowl still being passed around? Are the Mccanns and the rest of their extended family all living in extreme comfort at the expense of pensioners and school children who sent them money they could ill afford?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 28 Apr - 20:53

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
I feel a serious sighting is due Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 182123

I've never seen a serious sighting yet. They're all debunked within 24 hours - if they haven't been rehashed from previous years!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 28 Apr - 23:04

malena stool wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Yes indeed, what is progress measured by and with? And why has it cost so much, are the police paid so much?
Overtime is a big part of their budget and of course five star digs are very expensive in PdL especially when such super sleuths are in town. We can't have the representatives of, 'The Best Police Force in the World' roughing it can we?. I wonder if they have negotiated special rates at the Tapas?

Hmmm, and there are the golf course fees as well, and here I do not jest.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 29 Apr - 10:38

Bobsy wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Hmmm, and there are the golf course fees as well, and here I do not jest.
Bobsy, I do hope you're not suggesting there might be an expenses fraud in progress...... Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 25346
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 12:02

I just read the Steepletimes article and made a comment, the same one I will make here.

It is very obvious that nothing has been found for the Portugese to re-open the case. When you think that the Review was to examine all the Files to see if anything had been overlooked , it obviously hasn't and £4.5 million is an exhorbitant amount to squander when Britain is in dire straits financially.
Cameron gave in to the Brooks/McCann begging letter, overrode Theresa May's idea and once again has proved his incompetence . Put a time limit on this Review , have the report published so the taxpayer can see how the money was spent ....more explicit than the Fund Accounts !!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 30 Apr - 23:50

Panda wrote:I just read the Steepletimes article and made a comment, the same one I will make here.

It is very obvious that nothing has been found for the Portugese to re-open the case.

No evidence either way. There has not been any leaks. We all know nothing.

When you think that the Review was to examine all the Files to see if anything had been overlooked , it obviously hasn't

I disagree as we have heard about SY going off to chase up various leads and they have taken away boxes etc.
I'm happy that they've followed up everything... When you rule out the impossible, all that remains must be the truth, no matter how improbable"

and £4.5 million is an exhorbitant amount to squander when Britain is in dire straits financially.

Again, I disagree with this entirely. This is value for money.

If the Mccann's are telling the truth ( Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 613255 Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 23324 ), a child has been kidnapped abroad and something has happened to her... crime of the century.

If however, the Mccann's et al have been misleading the public, then that is also crime of the century.
Not to mention all the money syphoned off into the fund etc. (what is the grand total they've raised? I forget!), not to mention all the dirty dealings behind closed doors and the dark goings on of the PR World.

No matter what side of the fence you are on, this is one of the crimes of the century and either way this is something that should be thoroughly investigated.

Cameron gave in to the Brooks/McCann begging letter, overrode Theresa May's idea

This depends on where Cameron actually sits on this matter. Then you have to ask where exactly did Rebecca Brooks stand on this matter.

The Mccann's did not have Cameron as an Allie. The conservatives are from old money and don't hang around in the circles of plebs and the nouveau riche commoners who have managed to scrap together an education like the Mccanns. In fact Gerry slagged him off not too long ago.
We also know the media's true feelings RE: the McCann's.

and once again has proved his incompetence .

I would like you to define how he would 'prove his incompetence' through his and how this would be judged.
If the Mccann's are charged -is that incompetent?
If Scotland Yard says 'we've exhausted all possibilities,' is that incompetent? if so how?

Put a time limit on this Review ,

There should never be a time limit on crimes such as this one.

have the report published so the taxpayer can see how the money was spent ....more explicit than the Fund Accounts !!!

There are more worrying ways that our taxes are being spent/wasted/frittered.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 1 May - 8:08

Loopdaloop wrote:
Panda wrote:I just read the Steepletimes article and made a comment, the same one I will make here.

It is very obvious that nothing has been found for the Portugese to re-open the case.

No evidence either way. There has not been any leaks. We all know nothing.

When you think that the Review was to examine all the Files to see if anything had been overlooked , it obviously hasn't

I disagree as we have heard about SY going off to chase up various leads and they have taken away boxes etc.
I'm happy that they've followed up everything... When you rule out the impossible, all that remains must be the truth, no matter how improbable"

and £4.5 million is an exhorbitant amount to squander when Britain is in dire straits financially.

Again, I disagree with this entirely. This is value for money.

If the Mccann's are telling the truth ( Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 613255 Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 23324 ), a child has been kidnapped abroad and something has happened to her... crime of the century.

If however, the Mccann's et al have been misleading the public, then that is also crime of the century.
Not to mention all the money syphoned off into the fund etc. (what is the grand total they've raised? I forget!), not to mention all the dirty dealings behind closed doors and the dark goings on of the PR World.

No matter what side of the fence you are on, this is one of the crimes of the century and either way this is something that should be thoroughly investigated.

Cameron gave in to the Brooks/McCann begging letter, overrode Theresa May's idea

This depends on where Cameron actually sits on this matter. Then you have to ask where exactly did Rebecca Brooks stand on this matter.

The Mccann's did not have Cameron as an Allie. The conservatives are from old money and don't hang around in the circles of plebs and the nouveau riche commoners who have managed to scrap together an education like the Mccanns. In fact Gerry slagged him off not too long ago.
We also know the media's true feelings RE: the McCann's.

and once again has proved his incompetence .

I would like you to define how he would 'prove his incompetence' through his and how this would be judged.
If the Mccann's are charged -is that incompetent?
If Scotland Yard says 'we've exhausted all possibilities,' is that incompetent? if so how?

Put a time limit on this Review ,

There should never be a time limit on crimes such as this one.

have the report published so the taxpayer can see how the money was spent ....more explicit than the Fund Accounts !!!

There are more worrying ways that our taxes are being spent/wasted/frittered.
Hi Loopdeloop,
I take it this is your dissection of my comment, not from another poster on Steepletimes, must say I'm surprised .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 1 May - 10:51

I agree with Loopdaloop, I don't think we can dismiss SY's findings yet, we don't know either way. And things don't look like they're winding down if you read dutchclogs thread, the opposite, in fact.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 1 May - 11:39

Hiya Loopadoop, its only gearing up if we believe what K McC says. and we the public, aka nutters on forums, will be asked to assist in the search when the SY are ready.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 1 May - 16:48

From the skynews report it looks as if The McCanns are still getting information from SY if this is true it makes a mockery of the Review. After 2 years and over 30 SY staff working on the review I can't understand the escalating cost from £3 million allocated to £4.5 million when basically the job of SY was to check all the Files to ensure nothing was overlooked by the Portugese. I'm sure Parliament will have something to say about this , everyone knows Cameron is friendly with Brooks and she put him on the spot with the "Open Letter" from the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 1 May - 19:24

Panda wrote:From the skynews report it looks as if The McCanns are still getting information from SY if this is true it makes a mockery of the Review. After 2 years and over 30 SY staff working on the review I can't understand the escalating cost from £3 million allocated to £4.5 million when basically the job of SY was to check all the Files to ensure nothing was overlooked by the Portugese. I'm sure Parliament will have something to say about this , everyone knows Cameron is friendly with Brooks and she put him on the spot with the "Open Letter" from the McCanns.

Panda, this was Kate & Gerry,shortly before being made arguida/suspects...the police can kid a kidder if needed

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 1 May - 19:31

matthew wrote:
Panda wrote:From the skynews report it looks as if The McCanns are still getting information from SY if this is true it makes a mockery of the Review. After 2 years and over 30 SY staff working on the review I can't understand the escalating cost from £3 million allocated to £4.5 million when basically the job of SY was to check all the Files to ensure nothing was overlooked by the Portugese. I'm sure Parliament will have something to say about this , everyone knows Cameron is friendly with Brooks and she put him on the spot with the "Open Letter" from the McCanns.

Panda, this was Kate & Gerry,shortly before being made arguida/suspects...the police can kid a kidder if needed

Hi matthew. good to see you posting ....I can't get the sound even though I move it to maximum and I'm no good at lip reading.Scotland Yard's Maddie McCann quiz bill soars to £4.5m 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next