Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple'

+19
MaryB
chrissie1
jinvta
Krisy22
chrissie
susible
LJC
almostgothic
Keela
weissnicht
kitti
mossman
fred
Wintabells
AnnaEsse
mara thon
Roasted Arizona
cass
tigger
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Empty Re: Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple'

Post  Guest Tue 21 May - 14:02

Two thoughts here....
1. Matt Oldfield has white hair and could be taken as "middle-aged" from a distance.
2. This is the Mrs Fenn who tried to catch a burglar by the leg, so she is not a lady who scares easily. I think she would probably have confronted any strangers that she saw.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Empty Re: Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple'

Post  kitti Tue 21 May - 14:31

How come a mystery couple can hear a child crying yet Rachel oldfield who was just next door didn't.

Don't forget she never heard the patio doors open on the Wednesday night either....so how did the mystery couple get In as the front door was locked ...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 21 May - 14:36

kitti wrote:How come a mystery couple can hear a child crying yet Rachel oldfield who was just next door didn't.

Don't forget she never heard the patio doors open on the Wednesday night either....so how did the mystery couple get In as the front door was locked ...
I would like to know from where they got that nonsense...or did the press just make it up by it self.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 21 May - 15:01

I suppose this couple that went to comfort the child must have told someone what they did or how do the police know of them now.

Anyway... it seems to have taken a long time to come out. Also, it doesn't ring true that they walked into that apartment saw 3 children ...one crying ( not waking the others) and not called someone to witness it... if even just to cover themselves being there. Once again in this case ... Just seems to far fetched to me.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 21 May - 15:05

Anyone know when the Mccann book of fairy stories is due to be released?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 21 May - 15:07

So the phantom soothers go into an apartment to comfort a crying child?
OK. how come the 'other' witnesses' didn't tell the OC security that they were watching a potential burglary of a holiday apartment?
Why were the 'soothers' NOT in the apartment when the McCanns finally returned?
If it had been me, i would have waited for the errant, feckless, parents to return and would have given it to them, both barrels, about their totally irresponsible behaviour!
They wouldn't have ever left their kids alone AGAIN, in an unlocked apartment, after I had finished with them!
This 'story' is BS!
Campbell, the bent cop, last throw to detract from him stitching up an innocent man, Barry George.
Campbell wasn't even the head of the review team!
Commander Simon Foy is!
GM and Campbell had all this 'planned' hence the GM claim 'the police will go public' TWO weeks before.
Andy, nearly a defective, Redwood, didn't have a clue this was coming out.
The 'EXCLUSIVE' for the Standard was all Campbell!
GOING OUT WITH A WHIMPER!

ETA:
If Campbell got paid by the ES, for the 'exclusive' shouldn't he now be investigated for an offence whilst in public office, colluding with a journo, 'selling' information'?, as DCI April Casburn was?
This is, after all, supposed to be a 'live' operation isn't it?
Not a 'tip the wink' exercise to people to be on 'alert'
Maybe now Campbell has gone, Andy might just step up to the plate, and do a proper job, without Campbell looking over his shoulder, keeping the McCanns 'informed' of every move of Operation Grange.
Since when were possible future 'suspects' ever kept 'informed in a case that they could be 'involved' in?

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Tue 21 May - 15:25; edited 3 times in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 21 May - 15:14

jeanmonroe wrote:So the phantom soothers go into an apartment to comfort a crying child?
OK. how come the 'other' witnesses' didn't tell the OC security that they were watching a potential burglary of a holiday apartment?
Why were the 'soothers' NOT in the apartment when the McCanns finally returned?
If it had been me, i would have waited for the errant, feckless, parents to return and would have given it to them, both barrels, about their totally irresponsible behaviour!
They wouldn't have ever left their kids alone AGAIN, in an unlocked apartment, after I had finished with them!
This 'story' is BS!
Campbell, the bent cop, last throw to detract from him stitching up an innocent man, Barry George.
Campbell wasn't even the head of the review team!
Commander Simon Foy is!
GM and Campbell had all this 'planned' hence the GM claim 'the police will go public' TWO weeks before.
Andy, nearly a defective, Redwood, didn't have a clue this was coming out.
The 'EXCLUSIVE' for the Standard was all Campbell!
GOING OUT WITH A WHIMPER!

I understand completely every word you say you would have done as I am sure goes for the rest of our friends on here ...but you are talking normal people though. Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 294124

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 21 May - 15:19

You could be right Jean, it was the first thing that stood out to me was "DCS Campbell, on the eve of his retirement..." and I wondered if he was even anything to do with Operation Grange, I'd forgotten about his previous stitch up of Barry George.

None of this story makes any sense at all and I would be amazed if it was true, not only that a couple of strangers waltzed into the apartment to soothe Madeleine, but also that this is the first time we've heard anything about it.

Nah, I had my suspicions at the start that the Mc's were behind it and my opinion hasn't changed in view of a complete lack of official corroboration or anything written anywhere previously about this mystery couple. It seems to be a bit of a re-hash of old statements from genuine witnesses, combined with the ever changing (and bizarre) McCann sequence of events.
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 21 May - 15:24

Simon Foy retired from the Met in Sept 2012.
Hamish Campbell then took over and led the review team.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 21 May - 15:26

almostgothic wrote:Simon Foy retired from the Met in Sept 2012.
Hamish Campbell then took over and led the review team.

Thanks for that.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 21 May - 15:27

So he was involved then...Not very professional of him to go blabbing about an ongoing investigation, with no conclusions.

The whole thing just gets stranger and stranger
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 21 May - 15:39

Have SY raised Mrs Fenn from the dead? They seem to have read something in her statement that nobody else has heard of before and she's been gone now for 2 years, so where has this come from suddenly?

If she has said this and its information that has been kept back, then why? Surely the PJ would have investigated this, I mean at the height of this, the appeal for witness information kept being repeated over and over again, and this would have been highly important information and something positive for the PJ to act on. It would have made their job easier I would have thought. It doesn't stack up to my mind. Why go down the route of suspecting the McCanns, which is a harder route because of their support network, going through all that hassle, when all along its a cosy middle aged couple?

And middle aged is such a loose description. It covers 40 somethings up to 60 somethings and beyond. Where are the proper descriptions of this middle aged couple?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 21 May - 15:43

Agree LJC, where's the photofit of the alleged mystery couple, because lets face it there have been so many of these done already and splashed all over the press, it would be incredibly remiss if these had been excluded.

Nope, still baffled as to what this is about
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 21 May - 15:53

None of this makes any sense to me.

Long shot...but is it possible that she was interviewed twice and a second statement has been withheld?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 21 May - 16:13

Anyway... unless I am mistaken I thought regarding the review we were to be kept in the dark. If true ...things have suddenly taken a turnaround this past week. Wonder what's up or going down or coming out. Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 25346
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 21 May - 16:27

LJC wrote:Have SY raised Mrs Fenn from the dead? They seem to have read something in her statement that nobody else has heard of before and she's been gone now for 2 years, so where has this come from suddenly?

If she has said this and its information that has been kept back, then why? Surely the PJ would have investigated this, I mean at the height of this, the appeal for witness information kept being repeated over and over again, and this would have been highly important information and something positive for the PJ to act on. It would have made their job easier I would have thought. It doesn't stack up to my mind. Why go down the route of suspecting the McCanns, which is a harder route because of their support network, going through all that hassle, when all along its a cosy middle aged couple?

And middle aged is such a loose description. It covers 40 somethings up to 60 somethings and beyond. Where are the proper descriptions of this middle aged couple?

Exactly! And if this is such a credible lead then how could Edgar and Crowley and Kate herself overlooked it after all these years? Ridiculous! This new story has done the McCanns no favors.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Tue 21 May - 18:55

If any-one reading this forum has ever stayed at the ocean club, and left their children while they went out on the lash (sorry to eat), would they please say so, because i dont think it's the common thing to do. I know people who could star in shameless who would not leae the kids home alone
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 21 May - 19:03

I also read quite a while ago that it was very possible the findings of the review might not even be made public. I wonder where the source of this story about the middle aged couple came from. Also not a mention of the Smith sighting. Surely that must be of the utmost importance.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 21 May - 19:40

MaryB wrote:I also read quite a while ago that it was very possible the findings of the review might not even be made public. I wonder where the source of this story about the middle aged couple came from. Also not a mention of the Smith sighting. Surely that must be of the utmost importance.

The Smith sighting, the blood and cadaver dog alerts, and the reconstruction.... are all of little significance to both Team McCann and Team Operation Grange....

funny old world ain't it Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 49091
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 21 May - 19:53

yes I know im going to add ........but then the dogs alerted to blood and cadaver as my signature in fact im going to do it now.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 22 May - 0:46

Where were the phantom child 'soothers' in the McCanns very own Mockumentary?
I don't recall Grabbit&Leggit (Edgar&Cowardly) proclaiming the 'soothers' in that.
They managed to bully Tanner into saying she was a dumbass for not knowing that McCann had crossed the entire road and was talking to JW!
Ignoring the TRUTHFUL FACT that it was JW that had CROSSED the road to end up on pavement right outside gate to 5A, to talk to McCann.
Grabby&Leggy managed to find a school kid that saw spotty man.
Yet despite TWO witnesses seeing the TWO 'soothers they never managed, in the 'truthful' mockumentary, to mention any of these FOUR people the new 'story' mentions!

As DP said in his Rog
"and this is a very important part of THE STORY"

"THE STORY",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is that what describes an account of a supposed child 'abduction'
A STORY?
Fairytale, more like!

ETA:
If Foy AND Campbell have 'gone' then who is now in charge of Operation Grange?
Please don't tell me it is BHH, the supreme balloon launching 'fundraiser in chief' for the former arquido/arquida Kate and G McCann.
The only thing he'll ever find them guilty of is ..............SAINTLINESS!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Wed 22 May - 14:01

I was quite impressed with the manner on TV and the statements of the chubby low key senor cop with the short hair. Looking at pics of cops online I think he might have been Peter Kirkham. Is he a retired cop? Does he have any input into Operation Grange?
Will someone who has 'closer links' to those concerned put me right on this? I missed any names put on screen.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 22 May - 15:04

comperedna wrote:I was quite impressed with the manner on TV and the statements of the chubby low key senor cop with the short hair. Looking at pics of cops online I think he might have been Peter Kirkham. Is he a retired cop? Does he have any input into Operation Grange?
Will someone who has 'closer links' to those concerned put me right on this? I missed any names put on screen.

NO ONE, BUT NO ONE, HAS ANY "INPUT" INTO OPERATION GRANGE IF IT DOSEN'T SUPPORT THE MCCANNS AND FRIENDS "VERSION" OF EVENTS!
ANY 'INPUT' BY ANYONE THAT DARES QUESTIONS THE MCCANNS IS PUT IN THE CARDBOARD BOX MARKED ' NUTTY, NASTY AND HATERS'
Mrs Fenn told police about the 'middle aged couple' - Page 2 Aaaa10
Kate and Gerry McCann use labelled boxes to sort out letters
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7374225.stm
Describing the moment she first realised Madeleine was not in her bed at their apartment, Mrs McCann said: "I rushed round the apartment, really quickly, just opened up cupboards and things and then just went flying out down to the tapas restaurant, shouting 'someone's taken Madeleine'.

LEAVING THE TWINS (AGAIN) IN MORTAL DANGER OF BEING ABDUCTED BY THE SAME PREDATORY PAEDOPHILE WHO MAY HAVE STILL BEEN HIDING OUTSIDE THE CHILDRENS BEDROOM WINDOW WAITING FOR YOU TO RUN BACK TO THE TAPAS TABLE 100 METRES AWAY COMPLETELY OUT OF SIGHT OF THE CHILDRENS BEDROOM ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE BUILDING!

"And that's when the nightmare started."

It sure did!
Not "THEY'VE TAKEN HER"
Or "THOSE F***ING B******S (SOOTHERS) have TAKEN HER"

But Kate's ORIGINAL quote 'SOMEONE'S taken Madeleine"

Yep! that's when the nightmare started, and continues, to this day, with your ever changing 'versions' about what happened.

To be a good LIAR, you HAVE got to have a good memory!

jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2