Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com

+21
Claudia79
SteveT
Lillyofthevalley
Lioned
pennylane
comperedna
almostgothic
Palmeras16
DavidA
cherry1
Carolina
MaryB
kathybelle
T4two
Loopdaloop
fred
Panda
wjk
bill516
Wintabells
interested
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Empty Re: British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com

Post  comperedna Sat 3 Aug - 17:31

Yep Panda. I do know that about Blair and John Buck and all... but I try very hard to find the simplest solution without the conspiracy bit... but that is damned hard... innit?

I can think of a simple sad solution, but it would involve Blair thinking that the PJ were totally incompetent, and Portugal was trying to fit the McCanns up, and much as I dislike Blair these days, I don't think that is likely to be the case. Yes... I know also about the idea of the specially important someone else being protected... but I try hard to go for the simplest solution each time... though it may of course not be the right one.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :
British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Empty Re: British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com

Post  Palmeras16 Sat 3 Aug - 17:54

comperedna wrote:I can think of a simple sad solution, but it would involve Blair thinking that the PJ were totally incompetent, and Portugal was trying to fit the McCanns up
... and there we have it folks, the simple explanation to all those niggling questions...

Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 3 Aug - 18:12

Palmeras16 wrote:
comperedna wrote:I can think of a simple sad solution, but it would involve Blair thinking that the PJ were totally incompetent, and Portugal was trying to fit the McCanns up
... and there we have it folks, the simple explanation to all those niggling questions...

But you neglected to quote the rest of comperedna's sentence, which was:
"... and much as I dislike Blair these days, I don't think that is likely to be the case."

And I don't think that is likely to be the case either.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sat 3 Aug - 18:44

I didn't neglect to quote the rest of comperedna's sentence; I omitted it deliberately, as I don't agree with her conclusion.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :
British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 3 Aug - 20:37

Palmeras16 wrote:

British Police were working with PJ, so that means the British Police must have been involved in the fit up too!!

(If you think the Mccanns were fitted up Palmeras)
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 3 Aug - 22:02

cherry1 wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:

British Police were working with PJ, so that means the British Police must have been involved in the fit up too!!

And it was the Brit Mark Harrison who suggested bringing in the dogs and who told the PJ they should be looking for a body.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 3 Aug - 23:22

AnnaEsse wrote:
cherry1 wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:

And it was the Brit Mark Harrison who suggested bringing in the dogs and who told the PJ they should be looking for a body.

Yeah, but I bet they had Portuguese girlfriends. Or they holiday here. Or like sardines. One of the three.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 4 Aug - 6:55

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
cherry1 wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:

Yeah, but I bet they had Portuguese girlfriends. Or they holiday here. Or like sardines. One of the three.

Or regularly has coffee at a Pastelaria Portuguesa. Those little custard tarts can affect the mind you know!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 4 Aug - 7:42

AnnaEsse wrote:And it was the Brit Mark Harrison who suggested bringing in the dogs and who told the PJ they should be looking for a body.

I believe that Mark Harrison’s assistance was requested by the PJ and his remit was solely to devise a search plan based on the premise that Madeleine had been murdered and her body concealed. He was not asked to consider abduction as a scenario. Given the limited scope of his brief, it isn’t surprising that he would suggest bringing in the EVRD dogs.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 4 Aug - 8:27

Why wouldn't the nasty corrupt, sardine munching PJ simply set up Murat if they wanted a quick finish to the case? He would have been the perfecr solution, one eyed, sneaky oddball who still lived his mum. Case closed, everyone happy (except Robert of course!)
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 4 Aug - 8:49

How I enjoy the oh too rare contributions from Palmeras16 to this forum!

I really would miss him or her; certainly can't say the same about the charmless Fern who hasn't been seen for six months.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 4 Aug - 11:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:How I enjoy the oh too rare contributions from Palmeras16 to this forum!

I really would miss him or her; certainly can't say the same about the charmless Fern who hasn't been seen for six months.

I agree. Palmeras16 is very insider knowledgable about this case and the contributions are always interesting.
Welcome back British causes bad feeling in the Judicial Police www.mccannfiles.com - Page 2 291673
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 4 Aug - 11:20

Palmeras16 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:And it was the Brit Mark Harrison who suggested bringing in the dogs and who told the PJ they should be looking for a body.

I believe that Mark Harrison’s assistance was requested by the PJ and his remit was solely to devise a search plan based on the premise that Madeleine had been murdered and her body concealed. He was not asked to consider abduction as a scenario. Given the limited scope of his brief, it isn’t surprising that he would suggest bringing in the EVRD dogs.

I don't know where you found that information, but maybe you'd share it with us. Mark Harrison walked the routes the Tapas Crew said they took on their excursions to check on the children. He then walked the routes an abductor may have taken and finally advised the PJ that they should be looking for a body. If you have info on Mark's remit please share.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 4 Aug - 11:44

AnnaEsse wrote:[Mark Harrison walked the routes the Tapas Crew said they took on their excursions to check on the children. He then walked the routes an abductor may have taken and finally advised the PJ that they should be looking for a body.

Please can you provide a link to substantiate this statement, AnnaEsse.

Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 4 Aug - 11:46

Palmeras16 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:[Mark Harrison walked the routes the Tapas Crew said they took on their excursions to check on the children. He then walked the routes an abductor may have taken and finally advised the PJ that they should be looking for a body.

Please can you provide a link to substantiate this statement, AnnaEsse.

It's in Amaral's book, which can be found on this forum. Chapter 16
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 4 Aug - 12:13

AnnaEsse wrote:It's in Amaral's book, which can be found on this forum. Chapter 16

Ah I see, thank you.

If this were to be correct, then I'm surprised that Mark Harrison makes no reference to it in his witness statement. In fact, he clearly states that his report was, and I quote, "completed at the direct request and benefit of Guillhemino Encamacao" and "the report considers solely the possibility that Madeleine McCann has been murdered and her body is concealed within the areas previously searched by Police in Zone 1 around Praia Da Luz"
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 4 Aug - 12:14

Palmeras16 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:It's in Amaral's book, which can be found on this forum. Chapter 16

Ah I see, thank you.

If this were to be correct, then I'm surprised that Mark Harrison makes no reference to it in his witness statement. In fact, he clearly states that his report was, and I quote, "completed at the direct request and benefit of Guillhemino Encamacao" and "the report considers solely the possibility that Madeleine McCann has been murdered and her body is concealed within the areas previously searched by Police in Zone 1 around Praia Da Luz"

I'm sure it is correct.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 4 Aug - 12:27

AnnaEsse wrote:I'm sure it is correct.

I myself believe Mark Harrison's witness statement in the official files to be correct.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Sun 4 Aug - 12:36

Palmeras16 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:I'm sure it is correct.

I myself believe Mark Harrison's witness statement in the official files to be correct.

I think it is possible both are correct. They are not opposites.

Could it be that after walking the route Mark Harrison advised the PJ he believed abduction was not likely (but perhaps he was not sure), and therefore the PJ asked him to consider the search area from that perspective.

For a statement, Mark Harrison could only declare as sure what he had been asked to do by the PJ. The other part would have been his speculation based on the walk of the route which he may not have wanted to put in an official statement.

Last edited by DavidA on Sun 4 Aug - 12:37; edited 1 time in total
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 4 Aug - 12:37

And what about that UK policeman witness called by Mr Amaral to give evidence in his defence at the book banning trial. And they wouldn't allow him to give evidence as it was part of the confidentiality of a case that was not closed. Hmmm!!!
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 4 Aug - 13:25

[quote="DavidA]I think it is possible both are correct. They are not opposites.[/quote]

No, only one can be correct. Mark Harrison either instigated the search for a cadaver, and failed to mention this salient point in his witness statement, or he was brought in and given a specific brief by the PJ to only consider homicide and concealment. I can find no reference in the files that Mark Harrison was asked to consider abduction as an option.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 4 Aug - 13:27

Palmeras16 wrote:

Ah I see, thank you.

The British police in the Algarve suggested to the PJ that they use Mark Harrison to study the terrain and in conformity with the legal requirements, the Portuguese authorities made the requests since it was their investigation and in their country. It was not up to the British to ask him to come. Furthermore, the quote "the report solely considers the possibility that Madeleine McCann has been murdered and her body is concealed within the areas previously searched by the Police in Zone 12 around Praia da Luz" is the conclusion that MH came to and not an imposition made by the Portuguese. Do not forget that when MH made his study he was accompanied by the PJ, the Leicestershire police and SY. If the PJ had made this condition and MH found that it was not a viable possibility he would have said so. BTW, is this quote a translation from the Portuguese or a direct quote from the English?

Also, it seems that the British were impressed enough with the report to suggest bringing in Eddie and Keela.

Last edited by Carolina on Sun 4 Aug - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 4 Aug - 13:30

Someone of the calibre of Mark Harrison would not NEED to be 'told to consider abduction as an option', or not. Such a man exercises his brain and gives his opinions and judgements as they are.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 4 Aug - 14:00

A copy of Mark Harrison's witness statement can be found here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id293.html. It is patently obvious that he was given a very limited brief which solely considered the possibility that Madeleine had been murdered and her body concealed. He was not asked to consider abduction or any other scenario, and I quote from Mark Harrison's witness statement "other scenarios or possibilities may on request be considered and be subject of a further report"

In my humble opinion, the official files are a better factual source than a book based on speculation, hunches, hypothesis or the never-been-wrong-before signals from the co-ordinators bunion.

I'm done with wading through molasses folks, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 4 Aug - 14:15

Palmeras16 wrote:A copy of Mark Harrison's witness statement can be found here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id293.html. It is patently obvious that he was given a very limited brief which solely considered the possibility that Madeleine had been murdered and her body concealed. He was not asked to consider abduction or any other scenario, and I quote from Mark Harrison's witness statement "other scenarios or possibilities may on request be considered and be subject of a further report"

In my humble opinion, the official files are a better factual source than a book based on speculation, hunches, hypothesis or the never-been-wrong-before signals from the co-ordinators bunion.

I'm done with wading through molasses folks, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

His statement does not in any way mean that he was only given the scenario of death and concealment to follow. It means that if they want him to study any other possibilities he could if they so requested but it is obvious that his initial conclusion was that Maddie was dead and that the answer was in Praia da Luz. His conclusions were a shock to the Portuguese police because they were still hoping that they could find her alive. Do you think that Mark Harrison just does "made to order" reports just to satisfy the "customer's" request?

BTW, I've had enough of your insulting GA and his book was in no way based on hunches and speculation. I suggest that you read the "acordão" from the court ruling overturning the book ban, it would be eye opening for you. It amuses me how you grasp as straws to justify your trashing of the investigation and the results.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next