Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Empty Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Annabel Fri 23 Aug - 21:38

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  kathybelle Fri 23 Aug - 22:51

Thanks for the link Annabel. I so want to cheer from the roof tops, but I don't want to jinx Dr Amaral's chances of winning his case against the 'Gruesome Twosome'.

Based on the fact that Dr Amaral, won the two final court cases against the McCanns, regarding their wish to have his book 'The Truth of the Lie' permanently banned, Dr Amaral should win his case.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Lioned Fri 23 Aug - 23:25

The mccanns must be shitting themselves.As has been said very unusual for the litigant to make the offers to settle.
If they fail to attend the court it will be seen as an admission of guilt.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 24 Aug - 0:20

Lioned wrote:The McCanns must be shitting themselves. As has been said very unusual for the litigant to make the offers to settle.
If they fail to attend the court it will be seen as an admission of guilt.
I agree with all you say in your post Lioned. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral 307691 
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 24 Aug - 1:08

One bit of that i disagree with. If GA wins I can't see a diplomatic row, I could only see jubilation both sides of the sea.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 24 Aug - 1:41

Many thanks to Annabel for the link. It was good to read a synopsis of the events leading up to the present.

Awaiting the showdown in Lisbon, that is if the gruesome twosome show up.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 24 Aug - 6:20

I hope it's not happening when I'm moving. I will have no possibility to follow it proper, and I so want to know everything about the trial. From a proper source. I wish I could be there.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 24 Aug - 8:11

How can they have this trial when SY are adamant that madaleine is alive .

What I'm saying is......details will come out that aren't in the domain ...will SY prevent this trial happening?

Will they say that the trial going aHead will jeopardise the 'review'?

Is this what the intention is or was all along?

Keep the review going on for years to try to break mr Amaral into submission?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 24 Aug - 9:26

I believe you are right kitti and the mccanns will keep playing for time hoping for 'intervention' from others to save their skin.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 24 Aug - 9:33

I think they thought that Amaral would be like almost everyone else and he would drop it, and it has come as a big suprise to them that he is still all these years later standing firm.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 24 Aug - 10:27

How will all those McCann 'supporters' feel about a possible situation that the McCanns give, voluntarily, some of their avid 'supporters' donations to GA, in settlement, to avoid an ACTUAL 'trial'?
Actually, quite a substantial amount of their 'donations' imo.
The 'supporters/donators' were led to believe that their 'donations' were solely to be used for funding the search for Madeleine.
They now realise that some of the donations were instead used to pay legal fees in 2 lost civil actions against GA in the book 'ban' case.
The McCanns and their children had to pay the costs, awarded against them, incurred in those cases.
I didn't see anywhere the McCanns explaining to their 'supporters' that the costs incurred, in these legal cases, which they lost, were paid for by donations from the Madeleine 'fund' they had set up.
So, how will the 'supporters' feel about a lot of their generously given 'donations', being offered voluntarily, by the 'innocent' McCanns, in 'settlement' to end up, possibly, in 'archenemy' GA's pocket?

ETA: I'd be 'fuming' if any 'donation' i had given to specifically 'search' for Madeleine was being offered to anyone to avoid a libel trial!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 24 Aug - 10:53

I expect there will be some technical excuse as to why the trial can't go ahead like the case is being investigated. The same as the police witness wasn't allowed to speak the last time. I would bet anything it won't go ahead. There won't be any showdown. It wouldn't fit in the grand plan.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 24 Aug - 10:53

The fund is now being used exclusively to finance their lonely litigious life style.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Aug - 21:19

I think it's worth remembering that it was the McCanns who sued Amaral, claiming the following:

That Amaral's Book and CD,

1. Hindered the search for Madeleine

2. Would upset the twins were they to read it. (the twins were 4 at the time and the Book published in Portugese)

3. Affected the health of all the Family.

They also sued TV1 for showing the Video, they will want recompense .

If for any reason this Trial is abandoned it can only be through U.K. Government Interference.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sat 24 Aug - 21:48

Panda,

"2. Would upset the twins were they to read it. (the twins were 4 at the time and the Book published in Portugese)"

Let's hope they never read Kate's book!
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Aug - 22:06

SteveT wrote:Panda,

"2. Would upset the twins were they to read it. (the twins were 4 at the time and the Book published in Portugese)"

Hi Steve T, cough cough, the Book was written for the twins so they could read it when they were older !!!! I have a feeling that Kate's 3rd Book , which was to concentrate on her and Gerry and how they coped, will not be published. It was expected to be available April/May but maybe Transworld have had second thoughts.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 25 Aug - 6:18

Panda wrote:

Hi Steve T, cough cough, the Book was written for the twins so they could read it when they were older !!!!  I have a feeling that Kate's 3rd Book , which was to concentrate on her and Gerry and how they coped, will not be published. It was expected to be available April/May but maybe Transworld have had second thoughts.
Yes, that book. I mentioned it once in twitter, and everybody said there never was going to be a 3rd book. Would you have any link about it. I can't find it anywhere.
(I'm glad somebody else also thought there was supposed to be a 3rd book :)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 25 Aug - 9:46

weissnicht wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi Steve T, cough cough, the Book was written for the twins so they could read it when they were older !!!!  I have a feeling that Kate's 3rd Book , which was to concentrate on her and Gerry and how they coped, will not be published. It was expected to be available April/May but maybe Transworld have had second thoughts.
Yes, that book. I mentioned it once in twitter, and everybody said there never was going to be a 3rd book. Would you have any link about it. I can't find it anywhere.
(I'm glad somebody else also thought there was supposed to be a 3rd book :)
Sorry weisnicht, it was a few months ago because the Book was meant to be availalbe about the same time as the 6th Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance. Maybe one of our clever members will be able to find the reference in mccannfiles.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 25 Aug - 11:19

Thanks Panda. I remember it well too. An other 'anniversary' sell.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 25 Aug - 11:27

weissnicht wrote:Thanks Panda. I remember it well too. An other 'anniversary' sell.
Whether it was a T.V. Interview or my imagination, but I can hear Kate saying this book was endgame and would concentrate on the way she and Gerry coped and how they felt. My guess is Transworld made little profit on the second book because it was the first book with 29 pages added and maybe had second thoughts about producing a third book.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 25 Aug - 20:09

If the rumours of a "breakup" are true, I can't see her passing up that opportunity to come up with another book. Anything for a nice little money maker.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 25 Aug - 21:29

interested wrote:If the rumours of a "breakup" are true, I can't see her passing up that opportunity to come up with another book.  Anything for a nice little money maker.
Hi Interested, It might be Transworld who decided there would be insufficient interest in a third book, the second book didn't sell so well and if they have split and the Publisher gets to know, they may not want to risk spending a lot of money if it doesn't sell.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Aug - 22:47

What on earth would she put in it? There's only so much you can charge for a magazine that's sold off the top shelf in a plain wrapper.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon 26 Aug - 7:21

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 26 Aug - 7:34

Thanks Karen.......at long last !!!! I am getting bad vibes though. The McCanns must know the date and this latest Press reporting of old news suggests Clarence has been at work trying to bolster their image. Will the Press also villify Amaral before the Trial Starts.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next