Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  tanszi Thu 12 Sep - 20:09

haven't heard it either.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  fuzeta Thu 12 Sep - 20:10

Angelina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:Someone who probably read something written by a McCann supporter.
Palmeras16:

"In my opinion, the likelihood of a libel trial taking place is negligible, Panda. There is talk that Mr Amaral has recently made an offer of compensation that has been accepted by the McCanns. This, I’m sure, will come as a great relief to Mr Amaral, who appeared gaunt and unwell in recent photographs, due in no small part, I imagine, to the burden of carrying the fabled ace up his sleeve for such a long period of time. I expect that the money that is currently held in escrow will be released shortly and a significant sum paid to the Find Madeleine Fund. "  
I hope that Palmeras16 will join the discussion soon!
How can you join a discussion about something that never happened?
It's called talking out of your backside Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 23324
Nice to see that you are still telling it like it is Angelina Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 23324 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 12 Sep - 20:13

Thanks for the info, interested, Anna and tanzi.

Looks like a throat spray might be in order.
I'm sure Hubbard-minder or Loach-minder would happily seek out an all-night chemist shop for her.
And maybe we'll hear it tomorrow ... or maybe not ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 12 Sep - 20:33

Claudia79 wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Who was the poster that claimed there'd be no trial because GA had begged the McS to settle out of court?
Someone who probably read something written by a McCann supporter.
Palmeras16:

"In my opinion, the likelihood of a libel trial taking place is negligible, Panda. There is talk that Mr Amaral has recently made an offer of compensation that has been accepted by the McCanns. This, I’m sure, will come as a great relief to Mr Amaral, who appeared gaunt and unwell in recent photographs, due in no small part, I imagine, to the burden of carrying the fabled ace up his sleeve for such a long period of time. I expect that the money that is currently held in escrow will be released shortly and a significant sum paid to the Find Madeleine Fund. "  
To be fair she's been making it up as she goes along for years!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 12 Sep - 20:52

AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 4m

#madeleine Loach: McCanns have to monitor Internet use of twins Seam and Amelie to stop them finding out about book and Port TV documentary.

They can't monitor them forever ......
Sooner or later they'll have the opportunity at school, where if they complete the work set, they'll have free time to browse on the internet. Also, however hard the McCanns try to keep the twins away from friends' computers, they'll manage it sooner or later. And the twins will find out a lot besides what's in the book. They'll discover that they were left alone every night of the holiday and that the tapas bar wasn't next door or like dining at the bottom of the garden.

Too bad they didn't monitor their three children under the age of four when they left them alone night after night. I hope the McCanns have set aside a huge chunk of the Fund for the therapy the twins will require when they do have unsupervised access to the internet.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 12 Sep - 21:21

Finally found Kate's "speech"; it is contained in an article on the Guardian website (published at 19:22 BST) entitled "McCann libel trial opens in Lisbon". She refers to Mr. Amaral's theories as contained in his book.

What's the beef then; even Gerry said he has no objection to theories.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 12 Sep - 21:22

Yo guys...just popping back in to say i still read & of course agree with most that is said here...i would wish Goncalo Luck but how can he lose?
Could the mccanns lawyer/s prove he knowingly lied in the book & tv documentary ? Of course not & it was fact based anyway!...next week will be fascinating when the 'defence' has its say>>>GO GET EM GONC
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 83453 

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 12 Sep - 21:40

Looks like these two guys stole Kate's thunder.
The cheek of Sky news to think what they had to say was more important than KM's words.

http://news.sky.com/story/1140837/us-rejects-syrias-30-day-weapons-deadline
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 12 Sep - 22:16

margaret wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Who was the poster that claimed there'd be no trial because GA had begged the McS to settle out of court?
Someone who probably read something written by a McCann supporter.
Palmeras16:

To be fair she's been making it up as she goes along for years!
Palmeras is a she?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Sep - 22:25

It was just on ITV News at 10:00. OMG, Kate looks like a right hag now. Nothing new, just the usual rubbish.

What was interesting was that the news didn't mention the A word once, in fact the whole report sounded distinctly hurtful and unhelpful. And it made Kate sound vindictive and petty, rather than a grieving parent. It will probably be on the catchup player soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 12 Sep - 22:32

Iris wrote:It was just on ITV News at 10:00.  OMG, Kate looks like a right hag now.  Nothing new, just the usual rubbish.

What was interesting was that the news didn't mention the A word once, in fact the whole report sounded distinctly hurtful and unhelpful.  And it made Kate sound vindictive and petty, rather than a grieving parent.  It will probably be on the catchup player soon.
I commented on this on the other thread Iris and said I thought Kate looked well, nice tan, she was with a blonde woman. Anyway, she gave a short interview said she was there to stop Amaral telling lies and hindering the search...how pathetic is that?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Sep - 22:34

How Kate keeps a straight face when she comes out with corkers like that I don't know!

Okay, I do really know, she's had a lot of time now to perfect the art.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 12 Sep - 22:38

Not Born Yesterday wrote:How Kate keeps a straight face when she comes out with corkers like that I don't know!

The statement is here. Watch her expression, caught on the still at the end, as she turns away! She loses the desperate "oh woe is me" look.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-09-12/madeleine-mccann-family-libel-trial-against-portugal-police-chief/
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Sep - 22:40

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:It was just on ITV News at 10:00.  OMG, Kate looks like a right hag now.  Nothing new, just the usual rubbish.

What was interesting was that the news didn't mention the A word once, in fact the whole report sounded distinctly hurtful and unhelpful.  And it made Kate sound vindictive and petty, rather than a grieving parent.  It will probably be on the catchup player soon.
I commented on this on the other thread Iris and said I thought Kate looked well, nice tan, she was with a blonde woman. Anyway, she gave a short interview said she was there to stop Amaral telling lies and hindering the search...how pathetic is that?
Panda, I don't think she's right in the head anymore. And the only reason that Duarte and Pinkie are still hanging around is because they are making good money off the back of the whole circus. I think they'll vanish like snow off a dyke once the money dries up. Kate really does sound obsessed and not in a good way. I am starting to wonder if she is actually clinically insane.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Sep - 22:43

AnnaEsse wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:How Kate keeps a straight face when she comes out with corkers like that I don't know!

The statement is here. Watch her expression, caught on the still at the end, as she turns away! She loses the desperate "oh woe is me" look.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-09-12/madeleine-mccann-family-libel-trial-against-portugal-police-chief/
That may be one to save, in case it magically vanishes like the one where they were interviewed by BBC East Midlands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 12 Sep - 23:03

McCann wants to 'stop the damage' from book
= Fund running low, McCann wants another million pounds.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 13 Sep - 2:15

jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 13 Sep - 2:21

When you consider all that she is hiding, I'd say she is deeply disturbed. The secrets have taken quite a toll on her looks.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 13 Sep - 2:31

interested wrote:When you consider all that she is hiding, I'd say she is deeply disturbed.  The secrets have taken quite a toll on her looks.
Yeah. "If she had bigger t*ts and was two stone heavier she'd get more sympathy" ((Susan Healy)

Memo to Healy: No one would take to a selfish, neglectful, lying c*w no matter how big her t*ts were!

http://metro.co.uk/2007/10/16/bigger-breasts-would-get-me-more-sympathy-says-maddies-mother-300020/
Bigger breasts would get me more sympathy, says Maddie’s mother

Kate McCann believes if she weighed ‘another two stone, had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal’ people would be more sympathetic, her mother has revealed in an interview.

‘She said last night “if I weighed another two stone, had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal, people would be more sympathetic”,’ Mrs Healy told the Liverpool Echo.

Er, WRONG AGAIN, KATE!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Fri 13 Sep - 4:39

I don't have a working Movie Maker right now so thought I would try an online one...It may be better than the real thing! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 11 294124 

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 13 Sep - 5:57

almostgothic wrote:martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 12m

#madeleine Susan Hubbard says McCanns devastated by Amaral book which said Madeleine died accidentally and they had been negligent.

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 11m

#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns had to use all their energy to defend themselves instead of searching for Madeleine.

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 10m

#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns devastated because book made everyone believe Madeleine was dead.
Can witnesses be cross-examined by the defense? These arguments are ridiculous and downright embarrassing. How can the McCanns claim to be more devastated by Amaral's book than Madeleine going missing? Unless of course their reputations are more important than Madeleine's well-being. Are they willing to admit this is the case?

Likewise, how can the McCanns claim that they HAD to use all of their energy to defend themselves instead of searching for Madeleine, when in fact they CHOSE to do this? It was their priority to spend the majority of the fund money and most of their time on defending themselves rather than actually searching. Again, it is they who placed themselves above Madeleine on the priority list.

Lastly, why would the McCanns care what anyone thought happened to Madeleine? This should be the furthest thing from the innocent parents minds. Further, what people thought about what happened to Madeleine was largely influenced by their own actions. Most would have thought differently if the McCanns had cooperated with the PJ, Kate had answered all PJ questions, the T9 willingly returned for the reconstruction, and the McCanns insisted on polygraphs. But none of these things happened, thus the suspicions.

With arguments like these, things are looking really good for Amaral!
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 13 Sep - 6:00

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Goncalo+Amaral/Kate+McCann+Attends+Court+Hearing/XxXpiLUmQsw

Another mistake, Kate is in Marbella!!!!!!! Do these journalists, and I use that word loosely have a brain cell?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 13 Sep - 7:44

She's prob going their next to meet her celeb friends....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 13 Sep - 9:56

AnnaEsse wrote:

OMG, nasty piece of work.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Sep - 10:02

You haven't just realised that, have you Margaret?!

For me, the best one - now sadly whooshed - was on the eve of the 1st anniversary when they were being interviewed by BBC Leicester.

One minute they were saying - with faces as long as fiddles - that they didn't know how they would get through the anniversary and the next, thinking that they were off camera, leaping up from their seats, laughing and looking as if they'd won the Lottery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next