Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Guest Fri 27 Sep - 7:43

Toldya. Arrogant wee tosser thinks he's a mediaeval knight on a big white horse. He's gonna stamp right into that Kangaroo court and spell it all out, in words of one syllable, to that Johnny Foreigner witchdoctor(ess) who's in charge of it. Clearly a mere foreign woman knows nothing about how to run a trial in a court!

Personally, I can't wait. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 272645
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  kitti Fri 27 Sep - 7:47

I think if he turns up ID has given him his valium and well prepped him.

Gerry can't be let loose in a courtroom under his own devices...too risky
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Sep - 7:51

I do like the way they've put "help find the truth" in the quote marks. Does that mean that he's not really going to help, or find the truth, or both? Erm, hang on a minute.... Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 27 Sep - 8:14

More from Anne Guedes and John (UK Justice Forum), with thanks for keeping us informed:

McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing witness Maria Isabel Stilwell.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2411.0
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 27 Sep - 8:29

Kate, 45, attended the start of the case a fortnight ago with relatives including her mum Susan Healy and cousin Michael Corner."

Did you spot the deliberate errors??? Michael Wright is married to Kate's Cousin and it is Jon Corner....................tut tut DM!!!

I think Gerry is going to try to salvage their claim against Amaral, he and Clarence have got together because they know the Judge is not too impressed with the Witnesses to date. Gerry thinks he can save the day but he will have to watch his temper Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 294124 .

I don't know why the Complainants have to get permission to defend their claims in Court, seems a bit odd, but this is the couple who didn't even want to go to Portugal initially , preferring to use a videolink.

Pretend your'e the Judge and think of two questions you would ask the McCanns , mine would be:-

1. Since there have been numerous sightings around the World since Amarals Book and video were published, what makes you believe they hindered the search for your daughter?

2. Why have you included the twins in your claim when they were at such a young age when Madeleine went missing that they would hardly have suffered?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 27 Sep - 8:32

“That is why Gerry is bringing his sister out with him. If he can’t give evidence, Trish will speak on behalf of Kate and Gerry.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/432468/Gerry-McCann-to-face-Portuguese-police-chief-over-lies-of-Madeleine-s-abduction

Well then -Plan B is already in place. Except that TC was already part of Plan A and was going to testify anyway (before the judge's sudden exit).
So TC gets to go in the witness box as originally planned, and Gezza gets to fulminate in the car park to any reporters who will listen.
Job done.

It does look as if it's one of those occasions where they demand something because they don't think they'll get it (which will allow them to play the victims again).
Wouldn't it be great if the good judge surprises him, just like Cameron and May did ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 27 Sep - 8:56

almostgothic wrote:“That is why Gerry is bringing his sister out with him. If he can’t give evidence, Trish will speak on behalf of Kate and Gerry.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/432468/Gerry-McCann-to-face-Portuguese-police-chief-over-lies-of-Madeleine-s-abduction

Well then -Plan B is already in place. Except that TC was already part of Plan A and was going to testify anyway (before the judge's sudden exit).
So TC gets to go in the witness box as originally planned, and Gezza gets to fulminate in the car park to any reporters who will listen.
Job done.

It does look as if it's one of those occasions where they demand something because they don't think they'll get it (which will allow them to play the victims again).
Wouldn't it be great if the good judge surprises him, just like Cameron and May did ...
Spot on almostgothic! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 944533 

It's all that hurtful and unhelpful FOREIGN judge's fault.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 27 Sep - 8:59

So I wonder if he really wants to give evidence or just to be seen to want to and would rather not.  It would be another thing to complain about the justice system in Portugal.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 27 Sep - 9:20

i hope that they let gerry take the stand - i hope that he would be expected to ask for the case to be reopened - no quotes from the uk media while in the uk - and when he asks - not that he will - hope portugal say yes sir - and sy are watching on - start from the beginning - that way truth will be known ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 27 Sep - 9:23

Wonder if Sandra will ask Gerry if will request the re-opening of the case while he is back in Lisbon.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 27 Sep - 9:27

thats what i was thinking - if and i say if both gerry and kate are in lisbon together their lawyers everyone - what a ideal time - but saying that would it not postpone the case - maybe sy is there too
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Sep - 9:28

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Parents-missing-Maddie-join-school-s-charity-runs/story-19836716-detail/story.html

I don't remember seeing this posted before.

The saintly pair were allegedly both on a charity run last Sunday but I'll need to see a great deal of proof before I believe it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 27 Sep - 9:33

MaryB wrote:So I wonder if he really wants to give evidence or just to be seen to want to and would rather not.  It would be another thing to complain about the justice system in Portugal.
Yes, being seen as the brave fighter for truth and justice; the courageous father who refuses to waiver in the face of overwhelming odds; carrying on the search for his missing daughter in spite of the efforts of the Portuguese - personified by the ex policeman Amaral - to scupper his valiant cause (sob) - that is what this is all about. After 6 long years of McCann and the one-sided reporting by the UK media, are we really so naive as to think that this could be anything more than a cheap stunt for the benefit of sob-story headlines in the UK? Have the McCanns ever displayed one jot of respect for the Portuguese justice system? I think not. IMO for what it is worth, this case was lost a long time ago, so they will milk it for maximum publicity back home. Backed by their legal team in Portugal - this case will become one of endless appeals and delaying tactics. Any judgements by Portuguese courts will be ignored by team McCann and the UK media, just as they have been in the past (witness the overturning of the book ban and delay in complying with the court's instruction to return the books). This has long since become a war of attrition - it could go on forever. But no matter how long they spin it out and no matter how much support they get from the UK media, they will never be able to erase the doubts about their possible involvement in the disappearance of their daughter; doubts which appear to be widespread in the minds of the UK public in spite of all the efforts we have seen thus far to influence them otherwise. .
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 27 Sep - 9:36

fred wrote:Wonder if Sandra will ask Gerry if will request the re-opening of the case while he is back in Lisbon.
According to someone on Twitter yesterday, she has only just recently had a baby.
So she might be otherwise occupied - but it would be great to see her there.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Sep - 9:38

I'm sure that Gerry will be able to recommend a reliable babysitter!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 27 Sep - 9:42

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.nottinghampost.com/Parents-missing-Maddie-join-school-s-charity-runs/story-19836716-detail/story.html

I don't remember seeing this posted before.

The saintly pair were allegedly both on a charity run last Sunday but I'll need to see a great deal of proof before I believe it!
Morning NBY, I wouldn't be surprised...." the couple still continue to support Charities even though they are very busy with their suit against Amaral".

I also think Gerry's unexpected appearance in Portugal is to try to salvage their case against Amaral. Let's face it, their witnesses have done more for Amaral than his Lawyer could ever hope for.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 29 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 27 Sep - 10:04

almostgothic wrote:
fred wrote:Wonder if Sandra will ask Gerry if will request the re-opening of the case while he is back in Lisbon.
According to someone on Twitter yesterday, she has only just recently had a baby.
So she might be otherwise occupied - but it would be great to see her there.
She had it in July.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 27 Sep - 10:17

Thanks fred - that's a nice piece of news for a change!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 27 Sep - 10:35

From the Star:
Gerry hopes to the tell the court how the “awful, malicious lies” in Amaral’s 2008 book The Truth Of The Lie hindered the worldwide search for her and caused anguish to him and wife Kate, both 45.

So he'll have to pinpoint what exactly these 'lies' are.
Then prove that they are 'lies'.
And then illustrate and quantify the physical/psychological nature of the 'anguish' and exactly when they began to suffer from it. Along with all the required independent medical documents.
He's going to need a whole bunch of memory notes.
So much to do, and all at the 11th hour too ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 27 Sep - 10:38

Is anyone reporting on this? I haven't seen anything at all on Sky, usually if one of the McCanns farts it makes 'headlines'
Not seen anything yet either from the Portuguese press either.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Fri 27 Sep - 10:40

I just heard the word..'Postponed'. Our Gezza will be furious..again.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 27 Sep - 10:41

I've read conflicting things about getting the case reopened and one said that they only had weeks after it was shelved to ask for it to be reopened, can someone clarify. Could he request its reopening after this length of time? Or rather, it being Gerry, "demand" its reopening.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 27 Sep - 10:42

fred wrote:Is anyone reporting on this?  I haven't seen anything at all on Sky, usually if one of the McCanns farts it makes 'headlines'
Not seen anything yet either from the Portuguese press either.
Perhaps everyone is waiting for the judge to reject GM's application or ignore it altogether - then the real spin starts.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 27 Sep - 10:55

the slave wrote:I just heard the word..'Postponed'. Our Gezza will be furious..again.
Where did you hear that??
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 27 Sep - 10:56

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Today's hearing abandoned because Mr Amaral's lawyer's son is ill.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next