Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13

+11
jinvta
Lillyofthevalley
Krisy22
cass
jeanmonroe
pennylane
the slave
kathybelle
maebee
MaryB
almostgothic
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13

Post  Panda Sun 22 Sep - 7:01

jinvta wrote:Amaral was the one who requested a closed court out of respect for Madeleine, but his request was denied.

The judge seems somewhat interested in Pike's profession. He was merely a crisis counselor, not a psychiatrist or psychologist. If Kate's thoughts of suicide were truly believable, then surely Pike would have referred Kate for evaluation by a true professional. However, he did not take these thoughts seriously, in fact he dismissed them. Therefore, these thoughts should never have been heard in court, and seem to have been mentioned merely for sensationalism. Much of what Kate said to this counselor seems to have been invented (in order to boost her claims of distress) rather than her true feelings.

I cannot see how the judge can possibly rule in the McCann's favor without them testifying on their own behalf. Everything everyone else says is complete hearsay and does not constitute evidence. It would be quite interesting if the judge ordered the McCanns to testify, otherwise their case would be dismissed with the McCanns paying Amaral's court costs. How could the McCanns refuse, if as they claim, the book is hurting the search for Madeleine?
jinvta, I don't think Kate can convince anyone that she was suicidal , she would surely have been having therapy and not facing the Press or giving interviews on T.V. Also she was "employed" helping the British Detectives, has written 2 books , attended a Conference in Europe regarding Border contols , took part in the annual Channel 4 documentaries about Family life , even describing how the curtains were blowing in the Apartment!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 22 Sep - 7:37

Don't forget the job with missing people...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 22 Sep - 7:56

How on earth can you blame a book for the distress.

There are TWO people to blame for her distress...though I do notice it's kates distress that's mainly being disgussed here...more for impact I think... Gerry has been mentioned twice, once about the so called abduction off the twins and the posters being ripped down .

As I said TWO people are to blame for the distress...Kate, being a mother, I mention just her because it is HER that is mainly doing the woe is me, for leaving Madeleine alone for an accident to happen and Gerry for persuading Kate to go along with this ridiculous scenario....Kate could off pulled out any time during the six years but she CHOSE go along with it.

The distress has nothing to with the book, the distress is their own doing, the twins distress is their doing.

I think mr amaral knew what they were up to before the case...how selfish are the mccanns letting the papers print things about
the twins, how frightening must it be for them but hey, Kate McCann only thinks off herself and I bet Gerry didn't want any part off this as he knew what was going to be said.....Kate will look the baddie....And she definately looks the part....her first, the kids secondary..nothing new there.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Sep - 11:20

They're now claiming that Gerry had to give up his job to look after Kate!

But anyone can see that that is simply not true. Why would they even think that a Judge would just accept such lies as gospel? Or do they simply believe that the Johnny Foreigner Portuguese are all daft, and will roll over with deference to anything the almighty McCanns have to say?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 22 Sep - 11:38

there is the possibility that he did have leave ..................... and used it to look after Kate, but if she was that unwell, and im not saying she wasn't, surely there would be medical intervention from those medical trained professionals who treat such illnesses. I m surprised that this would not have been mentioned in her book, after all nothing else was sacred, not their personal sex life not her thoughts about while vile things might be done to her daughter, nor her thoughts about individuals in Portugal. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 22 Sep - 11:57

Gerry didn't come home till after 10 at night and worked every other weekend instead off one in three when Madeleine was first born .

You really think he would take time off to look after his wife...no way...as he was always saying.....I can't attend as I have work commitments.

If she was ill it was at the beginning and they were in Portugal then anyway...and he had compassionate leave ....if it was in the middle....they were travelling all over the place from Rome ti the USA and she didn't look ill.....during the last 2 years or so she was jogging doing interviews and working for missing people.....

So.....when exactly was she suicidal.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 22 Sep - 12:34

kitti wrote:Gerry didn't come home till after 10 at night  and worked every other weekend instead off one in three when Madeleine was first born .

You really think he would take time off to look after his wife...no way...as he was always saying.....I can't attend as I have work commitments.

If she was ill it was at the beginning and they were in Portugal then anyway...and he had compassionate leave ....if it was in the middle....they were travelling all over the place from Rome ti the USA and she didn't look ill.....during the last 2 years or so she was jogging doing interviews and working for  missing people.....

So.....when exactly was she suicidal.
I can't imagine why a consultant cardiologist would not be home until after 10pm. It's not like he's a surgeon and he can't be on call at the hospital every day. The hospital has other cardiologists.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Sep - 12:47

Substitute the word "golf" for "work" and you'll find that suddenly the whole story makes a LOT more sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 22 Sep - 13:00

Iris wrote:Substitute the word "golf" for "work" and you'll find that suddenly the whole story makes a LOT more sense.
Yep! I reckon Gerry works very hard at improving his golf and his jogging times.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Sep - 13:12

They are so bl***y false, the Anniversary films on Channel 4 show them playing happy families, Gerry riding his bike home, Kate painting with the twins , making sure they remember their sister , how can Kate say she felt suicidal ? I wish someone could find the photo from one of the Videos showing Kate sqeezing a tear because the Reporters etc were saying she never cried. Gerry is sitting beside her looking stonyfaced , staring straight ahead. No comforting arm around her shoulder , no laying her head against his chest....that said a lot for me.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2