Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Maddie" Found in Ireland

+14
comperedna
quickfingers
margaret
AnnaEsse
jinvta
Panda
interested
LJC
chrissie
mossman
tanszi
cass
kitti
almostgothic
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Maddie" Found in Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: "Maddie" Found in Ireland

Post  LJC Wed 23 Oct - 14:25

If a child looks well looked after, why not do DNA tests first and only after results prove the child is not related to the parents should they remove said child and investigate further. It amounts to child cruelty in many respects and I find it distressing for the children concerned.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
"Maddie" Found in Ireland - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"Maddie" Found in Ireland - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 23 Oct - 14:33

almostgothic wrote:Yes, why isn't Clarrie doing his usual bluster, as he normally would when something has made the McCanns 'furious'?

Why doesn't he say that his clients were elated when they saw the headline, but when they read the story they were angry and upset? Why doesn't he ask why this has happened twice now? And why are the press playing cruel games?
Hell, he could even say that he wasn't going to dignify those headlines with a comment.

But ............ silence?

I've forgotten his exact quote, but I seem to remember Clarence Mitchell saying something along the lines of, it was his former role in the Media Monitoring Unit to 'control' what the Government wanted in the press. I know he has moved on but I still think he is involved behind the scene. I just find it hard to believe that the two recent children thought to have been abducted by gypsies are being highlighted worldwide immediately following the Crimewatch show which promoted the abduction theory AND with the liebel case in Portugal which doesn't appear so far to be going well for the McCanns.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
"Maddie" Found in Ireland - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"Maddie" Found in Ireland - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Oct - 15:59

Going back to the DailyStar Article ,this "Maddie was found living with Gypsies , this Madeleine was living in a Gypsy Camp and Dublin Police visited the Romanian Gypsy family. Apparently this "Irish Maddie is about 7 yrs of age , but the Couple did not have a birth Certificate for her. The McCanns are said to be" Watching events closely and Clarence said that these new cases" have given Kate and Gerry renewed hope."""

Get the sick bags out , this is nothing more than an attempt to prove Madeleine could be alive to counter Amaral's claim. It really is disgraceful that the Star and other Papers bow down to Mitchell when there is so much more going on in the World needing sympathy.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Oct - 16:50

A number of years ago there was a big child abuse scandal in Orkney. I had a friend up there who was indirectly involved, and she told me this story. The social work department there were bending over backwards to "prove" that children were being used in Satanic rituals, and they seized a number of children from their homes in dawn raids. The children, of course, were dreadfully upset and traumatised and several of the social workers involved later got sacked, because the whole thing was made-up rubbish.

Well, two of the wee kids they took had been playing in the back garden with some bits of stick and string, and apparently they had been making "crucifixes" for use in Black Magick and Satanic rituals. All it was, was two bits of wood stuck together like a wee cross that the kids had made. What the social workers had not taken into account was that the kids' uncle had been visiting earlier on that day. He was an airline pilot and they loved to hear stories about his work. The "crucifixes" were, in fact, "planes", but the social workers weren't interested in this perfectly plausible, and provable, explanation.

Well the reason I got interested was that years later, one of these sacked social workers turned up in my area, having been subsequently employed by my district council. At that time we short-term fostered kids in emergency cases, so we had quite a lot of contact with the social work department. After this eejit was employed as head social worker (God alone knows why) we stopped. I have never come across such an unpleasant, bigotted and blinkered individual in my entire life. In the end I literally threw him out of my home, he upset me so much with his crass, unwarranted remarks. It was only after I mentioned this to somebody at work, that they said, oh he was involved in that child abuse scandal in Orkney, that the penny dropped and I realised where I had heard the name before. I heard he upset a lot of others, too.

I have since moved house many times but when cases like this turn up, I do wonder where he is wreaking his havoc now.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 23 Oct - 17:03

Sorry about my mistake, but I did not see a link for the "Maddie found in Ireland" so did a google search for "Maddie in Ireland". The first thing I came up with was this 14-16 year old girl who was expected to have been taken for sex trafficking wandering the streets of Dublin, unable to talk because she had been so traumatized. The article may have been very old, as the original print dates don't always show up when pulling up articles online.

Anyway, it is ridiculous to think that gypsies would go through all of the efforts to steal a child from outside of their country to only use the child for begging and welfare purposes. If you are going to go to all that effort, you would go for the big bucks and try to sell the child on the black market for either sex trafficking (teens and pre-teens) or adoption (a baby or very young toddler). Virtually nobody "steals" older toddlers (3-7 years of age), it is the least likely age for a child to be stolen.

I feel that these sightings actually hurt the McCanns libel case more than help it. What these sightings are showing is that in spite of Amaral's book, people are still looking for Madeleine, so the search has not been hindered at all. The sightings do not prove that she may be alive, contrary to Amaral's opinions. The fact of the matter is that based on the time factor alone, Madeleine is 99.9% likely to be dead, yet people are still looking!
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 Oct - 17:25

Iris wrote:A number of years ago there was a big child abuse scandal in Orkney.  I had a friend up there who was indirectly involved, and she told me this story.  The social work department there were bending over backwards to "prove" that children were being used in Satanic rituals, and they seized a number of children from their homes in dawn raids.  The children, of course, were dreadfully upset and traumatised and several of the social workers involved later got sacked, because the whole thing was made-up rubbish.

Well, two of the wee kids they took had been playing in the back garden with some bits of stick and string, and apparently they had been making "crucifixes" for use in Black Magick and Satanic rituals.  All it was, was two bits of wood stuck together like a wee cross that the kids had made.  What the social workers had not taken into account was that the kids' uncle had been visiting earlier on that day.  He was an airline pilot and they loved to hear stories about his work.  The "crucifixes" were, in fact, "planes", but the social workers weren't interested in this perfectly plausible, and provable, explanation.

Well the reason I got interested was that years later, one of these sacked social workers turned up in my area, having been subsequently employed by my district council.  At that time we short-term fostered kids in emergency cases, so we had quite a lot of contact with the social work department.  After this eejit was employed as head social worker (God alone knows why) we stopped.  I have never come across such an unpleasant, bigotted and blinkered individual in my entire life.  In the end I literally threw him out of my home, he upset me so much with his crass, unwarranted remarks.  It was only after I mentioned this to somebody at work, that they said, oh he was involved in that child abuse scandal in Orkney, that the penny dropped and I realised where I had heard the name before.  I heard he upset a lot of others, too.

I have since moved house many times but when cases like this turn up, I do wonder where he is wreaking his havoc now.

Iris, I have an audio cassette tape of a radio programme about the Orkney abuse scandal, called "A Friend in Need." It's about how the local Quakers helped the children who were removed and their parents. A very good programme.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 Oct - 17:58

Details on birth cert back claims of family

23 OCTOBER 2013

THE Irish Independent has obtained a copy of the birth certificate of the girl that the Roma family based in Tallaght say was wrongly taken from them.

The publicly available document appears to back up the assertion by the Roma family that the seven-year-old girl is theirs.

The surname matches the names being given out by the family, as does the exact date and place of birth, the father's name, the mother's name, as well as her name prior to her marriage.

The infant's first name on the birth record differed from the name currently used by the girl. But it was accepted that this was not unusual in families and was not a factor in the investigation.

The address given on the birth cert is different to the Tallaght address where the family are now living, but when the little girl's older sister was asked where they had lived at the time of her birth, she supplied an address that matched the Dublin suburb written on the cert.

The cert records the girl as being born at a Dublin maternity hospital which would be the closest one to the address where they lived at the time of her birth.

Irish Independent

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/details-on-birth-cert-back-claims-of-family-29688015.html
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Wed 23 Oct - 18:30

An awful lot of people have but a primitive idea of human genetics, believing that children necessarily 'look like' their parents. Two brown eyed parents produce a blue eyed child because, simply put, blue eyes are recessive, and if you have brown eyes you may have genes for both brown eyes and blue, which gives brown. Two blue eyed doses from two brown eyed parents gives a blue eyed child. IYSWIM. I hope that 'gypsy' child does turn out to be genetically the child of her parents. That will get people off the backs of Roma parents and others accused having a child that doesn't look enough like them!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 Oct - 18:47

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Wed 23 Oct - 18:53

margaret wrote:7yo Roma girl DOES belong to family she was taken from

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/dna-test-proves-girl-7-belongs-to-roma-family-29694850.html
Yes I just saw the BBC Breaking News too DNA test results on child removed from the care of a Roma couple in Dublin does show they are the biological parents
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Wed 23 Oct - 18:57

Hooray! Perhaps that will get people off innocent parents' backs.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 23 Oct - 19:37

Its just getting silly now. I think almost every family in the whole world could give an example of a child not looking like it's parents! Christ, my eldest son is the spit of his both grandfathers, blonde and blue eyes, me and OH both dark and brown eyed, daughter is my image except she has green/grey eyes
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 23 Oct - 20:26

fred wrote:Its just getting silly now.  I think almost every family in the whole world could give an example of a child not looking like it's parents!  Christ, my eldest son is the spit of his both grandfathers, blonde and blue eyes, me and OH both dark and brown eyed, daughter is my image except she has green/grey eyes
I don't think it's getting silly fred, I think it's got silly. Hopefully these completely irresponsible journalists will be taken to task, although I very much doubt it.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 23 Oct - 21:34

The Leicester Mercury today...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-given-hope-discovery/story-19973389-detail/story.html

Madeleine McCann's parents given hope with discovery of girl living with Roma family in Ireland
By Leicester Mercury | Posted: October 23, 2013

The discovery of a blonde girl with blue eyes found living with a Roma family in Ireland has given hope to Kate and Gerry McCann.

Officers from the Irish Garda discovered the seven-year-old at a house in Tallaght, in Dublin, on Monday.

They were tipped off by a member of the public who reported the girl looked nothing like the rest of her family. It comes after a four-year-old child, also with blonde hair and blue eyes, was found at a Roma gypsy site in Greece last week.

The discovery of two young girls matches the description of Madeleine McCann, who went missing in Portugal in 2007.

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Kate and Gerry, said: "Any child being found gives them hope."

The Mercury asked the Met if Roma camps were being looked at for potential leads. However, the force did not comment.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-given-hope-discovery/story-19973389-detail/story.html#ixzz2iZyZzxcm
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 23 Oct - 23:08

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Oct - 23:17

Shock horror! Blonde child found living peacefully and normally with her own family! This gives them hope? They're easily pleased, then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2