Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses

2 posters

Go down

Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Empty Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses

Post  malena stool Mon 11 Nov - 14:03

Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/10/nadhim-zahawi-claimed-electricity-supply-stables-expenses-conservatives-_n_4250907.html

A Tory MP has said he is "mortified" to learn part of a £5,822.27 expenses claim covered the electricity supply to his stables.

Nadhim Zahawi, a founder of market research firm YouGov, has pledged to repay the money which came to light after he was among politicians criticised over subsidised energy bills.

The Stratford on Avon MP claimed the most of those highlighted to cover electricity and heating oil for his estate in Warwickshire.

In a statement posted on his website, he said: "Since last week's coverage of my energy bills I have been looking into them further and can confirm that all claims for heating fuel relate purely to my second home.

"However I have made a mistake with my electricity claims.

On investigation I have discovered that the electricity supply for a mobile home located in the stable yard and for the stables themselves was linked to my house.

"Whilst a meter was installed in the stable yard I have only been receiving one bill, it was wrong to assume I was receiving two and to have not checked this sooner.

"I am mortified by this mistake and apologise unreservedly for it.

"I will obviously be paying back any money that was wrongly claimed immediately and have already contacted IPSA (Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority) regarding the correct procedure."

Some 340 MPs, including government ministers, have used the parliamentary expenses system to recoup the cost of heating their second homes, it was reported.
Unquote.

The robbing b'stards are starting again.... An 11% rise and they're still not happy... B'stards.

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Empty Re: Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses

Post  malena stool Tue 12 Nov - 20:00

On investigation I have discovered that the electricity supply for a mobile home located in the stable yard and for the stables themselves was linked to my house.
Unquote.

An electrician friend assures me that no competent electrician would have supplied the stables direct from the house and installed a meter. The new supply should have been tested by the supplier before being commissioned into service.....

The stables would have been linked to the mains directly in the meter cupboard/switchroom. Where the meter for the stables would have been installed.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :
Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses Empty Re: Nadhim Zahawi, Tory MP, Claimed Electricity Supply To His Stables On Expenses

Post  mara thon Tue 12 Nov - 20:17

Why should any MP get their power subsidised on any home? They get too much money as it is, I'm sure they can manage to pay their own bills. No wonder it's called rip off Britain !
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 12 Nov - 20:30

They are all just grabbing and grunting at the trough, mara... They think it's their divine right to take all that they wish. there are very few nowadays that have ever contributed any deed to the betterment of this nation, many have English only as a second language.
I can easily understand where the Scots are coming from in wanting to turn their back on the trash and detritus of the world that we have allowed to take up and take over British politics.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down