Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fund is running out !

+14
widowan
Lioned
T4two
nospinnaker
mossman
Krisy22
Wintabells
fuzeta
Panda
Keela
weissnicht
wjk
Chris
jay2001
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fund is running out !

Post  Panda Tue 3 Dec - 16:38

widowan wrote:There's a third bewk? What happened to the second one? Kate and Gerry and the Goblet of Fire
"Goblet of Fire"? Isn't that one of the Harry Potter Films??

Widowan, as mentioned , Kate said the book was due out in April/May, I presumed to coincide with the Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance . I think it more than likely the Publisher pulled the plug on the deal the second book produced only 29 new pages added on to the first book so people who bought it would have felt cheated.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Dec - 17:14

Nah, that was Kate and Gerry and the Goblet of New Zealand White. It followed on from Kate and Gerry and the Unturned Stone, and Kate and Gerry and the Bedchamber of Secrets. I'm waiting for Kate and Gerry are the Prisoners of Amaralaban.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Dec - 17:36

Iris wrote:Nah, that was Kate and Gerry and the Goblet of New Zealand White.  It followed on from Kate and Gerry and the Unturned Stone, and Kate and Gerry and the Bedchamber of Secrets.  I'm waiting for Kate and Gerry are the Prisoners of Amaralaban.

The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 23324 The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 23324 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 3 Dec - 18:35

Iris wrote:Nah, that was Kate and Gerry and the Goblet of New Zealand White.  It followed on from Kate and Gerry and the Unturned Stone, and Kate and Gerry and the Bedchamber of Secrets.  I'm waiting for Kate and Gerry are the Prisoners of Amaralaban.

Brilliant The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 23324 The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 23324 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 4 Dec - 1:58

Fantastic :)
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Dec - 7:50

then there's Kate and Gerry and the Order of the Tortoise, and Kate and Gerry and the Half Blood Sample. Finally we have Kate and Gerry and the Deathly Silence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 4 Dec - 8:21

Kate and Gerry and The Prophet of Doom. Special guest star DCI Andy Redwood....
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 4 Dec - 9:30

Going back to the title of the post, the fund is most certainly running out. What significance will this have ?

The website is useless now. No good quality items to purchase from the store, the old reliable donate button not working and clearly the book sales will not allow one to do ones shopping in Monsoon or Gap any longer.
No marathons on the horizon either, but in any event those proceeds would most likely need to be given to the pesky Missing People charity, Kate being an ambassador and all.

What's going to happen now ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 4 Dec - 9:36

Well surely they cant possibly have the cheek to ask the public for any more donations after all the money being spent by 2 police forces. Can they.?
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 4 Dec - 9:51

mossman wrote:Going back to the title of the post, the fund is most certainly running out.  What significance will this have ?

The website is useless now.  No good quality items to purchase from the store, the old reliable donate button not working and clearly the book sales will not allow one to do ones shopping in Monsoon or Gap any longer.
No marathons on the horizon either, but in any event those proceeds would most likely need to be given to the pesky Missing People charity, Kate being an ambassador and all.

What's going to happen now ?
Still leads you to your PayPal account if you select the German language option, but no online store. I suspect that this is down to the site admin being cr*p as usual.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 4 Dec - 10:22

Once Madeleine has been found the fund will be used to assist searches for other missing children worldwide
Unquote

Families of other 'missing' children are going to be a tad disappointed if the pot's gone dry.... Perhaps CR will give a small donation.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 4 Dec - 10:23

What for two weeks.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 4 Dec - 10:27

T4two - the buttons are there in all languages for me, but why I try to donate, I get brought to a page which says they are updating and check back soon. Is it just me then ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Wed 4 Dec - 10:27

Actually T4two, if this was normal circumstances with normal people involved I reckon this wouldn't signify c**** admin, it would more likely signify no admin at all...
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 4 Dec - 10:31

mossman wrote:T4two - the buttons are there in all languages for me, but why I try to donate, I get brought to a page which says they are updating and check back soon.  Is it just me then ?
Hmmm... I haven't tried to donate ... and I don't intend to try ... . What if it accepted? The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 371436 
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 4 Dec - 11:29

mossman wrote:T4two - the buttons are there in all languages for me, but why I try to donate, I get brought to a page which says they are updating and check back soon. Is it just me then ?

Been like that for two weeks now....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 4 Dec - 11:33

Maybe they've all been arrested and Andy forgot to tell us ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 4 Dec - 11:36

Coincidence is....the german site you can STILL donate through another page on that site.

Where we're they recently?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 4 Dec - 11:39

Die sichere Rückkehr und Wiedervereinigung mit ihrer Familie von Madeleine McCann (entführt am Donnerstag, den 3. Mai 2007 in Praia da Luz/Portugal) zu gewährleisten.
Zu bewirken, daβ gründliche Recherchen im Zusammenhang mit Madeleines Entführung angestellt werden und daβ ihre Entführer wie auch jene, die eine Rolle gespielt haben oder spielen, indem sie die Entführer unterstützen oder decken, identifiziert und gerecht bestraft werden.
Madeleines Familie Unterstützung, einschlieβlich finanzieller Unterstützung, zu gewähren.
Wenn die obigen Ziele erfüllt sind, soll die Zielsetzung der Einrichtung sein, solche Ziele in ähnlichen Fällen – in Groβbritannien, Portugal und in anderen Ländern – zu verfolgen.
Spenden an den Fonds können Sie auf folgenden Wegen an uns überweisen:

ÜBERS INTERNET:

Über Paypal (Britische Pfund/GBP)

Über Paypal (US Dollar/USD)

It works .....are they still gullible there or what....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 4 Dec - 15:19

The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 944533 
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 4 Dec - 15:24

Could Sy have asked that they hold off on doing anything til the investigation runs its course? The fund serves no useful purpose for a search - the reason for it, touted in Kate's first bewk, was that it was needed because no police in the world were searching for MM, and as we know, we now have 2 police forces working on the case.

Having McCanns doing their own stuff at this point would be very unwelcome. That doesn't mean the website can't be kept up but they may have asked them to just take a step back - or even their own lawyer or PR consultant could have told them that running around promoting bewks that contain info that has been shown to be false and unhelpful, and so on, is not a good thing for them to do now that SY and PJ are on the case again.

As far as the buttons not working on the website that is probably because the Admin isn't doing much do to there not being much to do - if McCanns can't run around promoting it/asking for help for a search already being undertaken by the Met & PJ, the website might have fallen into disrepair.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 6 Dec - 2:27

so has the shop closed or??
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 7 Dec - 12:12

The german site is open day for business Carly...well they were there recently.

By the way anyone seen the german crime watch programme?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 7 Dec - 12:36

kitti wrote:The german site is open day for business Carly...well they were there recently.

By the way anyone seen the german crime watch programme?
Thought everyone had! The Fund is running out ! - Page 2 25346 

What do you want to know, if anything?

A couple of 'gems' on German CW:

Kate:                     "Leaks, lies, misinformation that went to the media in August 2007 gave the impression that Madeleine was dead and that we had something to do with it. Whoever caused this, tried to tell the world that Madeleine is dead. And THEN people STOP looking for her. For us that was just desperate."

11 MONTHS BEFORE GA's supposedly 'hindering/hampering the 'search' BOOK!

(which relates to their libel claims trial.)

Gerry:                   I would like to tell her how much we loved her and that we won’t give up looking for her.

"WE LOVED HER"?

Surely he meant to say "how much we LOVE her"
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 7 Dec - 15:11

Freud might have an explanation for Dr Gerry's use of the past tense, jeanmonroe......
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2