Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian

+5
bill516
chrissie
kitti
fuzeta
fred
9 posters

Go down

Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Empty Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian

Post  interested Wed 23 Apr - 21:20

Full text of the letter sent to Rupert Murdoch (signed by both McCanns, as well as others) voices "deep regret" over News U.K. stance on regulation is available at The Guardian online (the letter is dated 17 April 2014). The McCanns are among the others claiming press intrusion.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Empty Re: Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian

Post  fred Thu 24 Apr - 7:21

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Empty Re: Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 7:24

A dozen signatures......what the others too scared to upset murdoch lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Apr - 8:48

Imagine for a moment that you're Rupert Murdoch.

For seven years your news empire has given two of the names on that list a huge amount of publicity and gargantuan wads of cash for stomach-churners like this:

Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian Icouldntmakelove-1
(Well neither could any of us. 'I'd rather go down on the Titanic' once again springs to mind. But that's by the by ...)

So on reading the letter, what would your first reaction be?
Probably an outburst containing the words 'ungrateful', 'hypocritical' and 'b@st@rds'.

And your second reaction?
Well you couldn't be blamed if you sat down at your desk and began quietly plotting your revenge ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 24 Apr - 9:14

Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian 23324 Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian 23324 Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian 23324 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 9:46

They are the ones that called the press and supposedly called Sky BEFORE the police and they called them to do photo calls but once the dogs had been in and found cadaver scent all over the place they started suing them.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Apr - 9:49

It's just as well that I haven't had any breakfast as I don't think that it would have stayed down after seeing that Sun headline, Almost Gothic.

I too hope that this will give the media the guts to publish the truth for once. I won't hold my breath though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 24 Apr - 10:12

They really have a damn cheek  Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian 371436 
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Thu 24 Apr - 10:25

kitti wrote:They are the ones that called the press and supposedly called Sky BEFORE the police  and they called them to do photo calls but once the dogs had been in and found cadaver scent all over the place they started suing them.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you....
I hope Murdoch bites back  Press victims' letter to Rupert Murdoch - The Guardian 25346 
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Thu 24 Apr - 11:14

I dont post much as other people can say what I think much better than I but I do like this part of the letter.

You once said, Mr Murdoch, that newspapers had "a great power for evil" – the power to withhold important information from the public.

Wonder if they reeeeallly meant to say that, important information can be be so revealing. If it is the truth it is not evil in any way shape or form only the act that gave rise to the truth can be evil. To all the celebs I would say this, as it is the Centenary of WW1, if you stick your head above the parapet someone will take a shot at you so dont be shocked if it hits home

bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Thu 24 Apr - 11:52

bill516 wrote:I dont post much as other people can say what I think much better than I but I do like this part of the letter.

You once said, Mr Murdoch, that newspapers had "a great power for evil" – the power to withhold important information from the public.

Wonder if they reeeeallly meant to say that, important information can be be so revealing.  If it is the truth it is not evil in any way shape or form only the act that gave rise to the truth can be evil.  To all the celebs I would say this, as it is the Centenary of WW1, if you stick your head above the parapet someone will take a shot at you so dont be shocked if it hits home

they sure have withhold important info re mccann case, that much is clear.
But to see that mccanns 'quoted' that...is plain hilarious.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 25 Apr - 11:08

Nail on head from Matthew Steeples:

Hack off
Whining “victims” of News Corporation should accept that they are not the voice of the British public

http://thesteepletimes.com/editorial/hack/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 26 Apr - 15:52

Kate and Gerry have made a small fortune from the Press, £600,000 from the Daily Express, £200,000 from the Sun for selling the serial rights , £1,000 from various Newspapers for reporting the Express Article, I can't remember how much from the News of the World , have they no shame????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 27 Apr - 18:33

almostgothic wrote:Nail on head from Matthew Steeples:

Hack off
Whining “victims” of News Corporation should accept that they are not the voice of the British public

http://thesteepletimes.com/editorial/hack/

Thanks to "almostgothic" for the link - bleating celebrities "who happily use the press when they've got something to promote" - the description does fit the McCann.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down