Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown

5 posters

Go down

Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Empty Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown

Post  interested Fri 9 May - 18:32

In her latest post Pat Brown has posted the article which I referred to under another topic "PJ about to discard English police strongest lead" and how it has left her "sick to my stomach". It is available at patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2014/05
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Empty Re: Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown

Post  frencheuropean Fri 9 May - 18:58

Merci interested. I am afraid I share her point of view!

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/why-i-am-so-pessimistic-about-madeleine.html

Friday, May 9, 2014

Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved

It has always been my secret hope that the Judiciary Police (PJ) had reopened the Madeleine McCann case with new leads that would bolster the original investigation and Dr. Gonçalo Amaral's focus of investigation, that somehow Portugal would eventually fight back against the British faux review and bring a proper end to a seven year miscarriage of justice.

However, I am feeling ill this morning after reading Joana Morais' translation of a recent news report from Portugal, sick to my stomach, while many who read it are rejoicing that this rare news out of Portugal is a good thing. Here is the translation of the article (with thanks to Joana for her tireless efforts to keep the English world informed of Portuguese media reports):

PJ about to discard English Police strongest lead

9 MAY 2014 | POSTED BY JOANA MORAIS LEAVE A COMMENT

PJ about to discard English Police strongest lead that a predator of English girls has abducted Madeleine.
Scotland Yard has asked for aerial photos of places in Praia da Luz and wishes to question eight “persons of interest”

by Marisa Rodrigues

The Judiciary Police (PJ) is about to discard the lead that has resulted in the reopening of the process in Portugal and that is Scotland Yard's main line of investigation. So far, there isn't any evidence to support the hypothesis that Madeleine was abducted by a sexual predator who attacked English children in the Algarve.

This is the firmly held position of the team of inspectors from the North Directorate of the PJ who has reviewed the investigation process that was archived in 2008.

After naming as probable suspect the late Euclides Monteiro, a former Ocean Club employee, the Portuguese investigators now believe that the intruder, in the cases that were reported to the authorities, could be British and that he does not reside in Portugal, since there were no new reports and those that were disclosed [seeMetropolitan Police site] only targeted children of that nationality. “A sex abuser is someone who acts compulsively. If he only acted in the summer and has never attacked again it's because he does not live here”, explained a source close to the process.

Yesterday, the day was marked by an aerial photo-reconnaissance in Praia da Luz of the areas where searches and excavations are planned, using a helicopter of the Portuguese Air Force paid by the British authorities and by a meeting between the police forces of the two countries at the PJ headquarters in Faro.

One of the places where Scotland Yard wants to use the sniffer dogs and the georadar is on the 25 de Abrilstreet, in the vicinity of the Ocean Club and by the church. The area, which the helicopter overflew three times, was undergoing construction works when Madeleine disappeared seven years ago. If anything suspicious is detected, it will be excavated.

Besides the searches, which were already allowed by the Public Prosecutor of Portimão, the letters rogatory also request for eight people to be questioned. Some used to work at the Ocean Club resort whilst others are not linked in any way. With all these initiatives, it seems likely that Scotland Yard has more than one line of investigation, of which the latest and most visible action yet indicates the hypothesis that the child was murdered and buried in Praia da Luz. When questioned, in Faro, DCI Andy Redwood refused to speak with the journalists.

Tension between the PJ and the English

The relationship between the police forces of the two countries is rather tense. The Judiciary Police has requested to the English police to stop disclosing information about the ongoing work in Portugal, otherwise they will not proceed with the steps that were requested. Scotland Yard wrote to the newspapers in the United Kingdom asking for “understanding”.

in Jornal de Notícias, paper edition (page 13), May 9, 2014

Okay, what excites others that is not exciting me is the news that the PJ is discarding Scotland Yard's main line of questioning, a lead about a sex abuser of English girls in the Argave, a lead that was the cause of the Madeleine McCann case to be reopened. In fact, this revelation has crushed my hopes for any positive outcome and this is why:

The fact that the PJ reopened the case based on some flimsy alleged weirdo in the area and not any real evidence is a sign that either the investigation by the PJ is politically influenced or they are incompetent (their incorrect profiling that a sex predator acts out of compulsion is frightening - sex predators are psychopaths and can control their behavior -and their conclusion that since he is compulsive and only strikes in the summer, he must be a Brit and not live in the Algarve troubles me: it could be that he is a teacher and only strikes during his months off or he only strikes when his wife is away or maybe he works in another country for a portion of the year - there could be numerous possibilities). This statement is a horrible blow to Dr. Amaral because this public admission that a sex predator is the reason the case was reopened only infers that the PJ do not believe Gonçalo Amaral was following the correct line of questioning.

The fact that they are now discarding this because they found no link to Madeleine is no big surprise considering all the original evidence does not point to an abduction and the PJ should know this. This does not, however, mean the PJ are going back to the McCann as the focus because if they were basing their investigation on the evidence, they wouldn't have gone down this sex predator/abduction road in the first place.

Soctland Yard and the McCanns have just recently been running a media campaign of attacking the PJ which likely means they are going to claim that the PJ simply are giving up because they failed yet again to find the abductor of Madeleine McCann and now are preventing the British team from pursuing more leads (like searching people's homes without probable cause).

This "dig" in Praia da Luz where the McCanns, the PJ, and Scotland Yard know the body is not, is only going to be used to prove all was done that could be done by Scotland Yard and as fodder for a claim that Maddie was killed during or after an abduction and her body was dumped in the ocean or that she was removed from Praia da Luz and buried who knows where. With one scenario, the McCanns can have closure and the other, we can keep looking for her ad nauseum and the fraudulent fund can continue to operate. No physical evidence will be found to link back to the McCanns, so they will be "in the clear."

When enough fires are fanned touting that Portugal has not cooperated with Scotland Yard and has prevented them from pursuing solid leads (those interviews and searches they were denied), and, furthermore, that the media has compromised the "investigation," fingers can be pointed at all the uncaring others and the McCanns can play the victims again, only this time, the case can be administratively closed with some statement from Scotland Yard of what likely happened to Maddie; in fact, the case will be closed administratively by both police agencies - the PJ and Scotland Yard -but this time with the abduction theory as the last lead followed, not the McCanns. In other words, the McCanns will have been effectively cleared by both countries as having anything to do with the disappearance of their daughter; Britain and the McCanns will be the victors and Portugal and Dr. Amaral, the collateral damage in whatever game of politics this whole farce is.

The last tiny ray of wishful thinking for me is that Portugal is playing a totally deceptive game, that they lied when they said the series of alleged sexual assaults in the Algarve was the reason they reopened the case, that they only used that as an excuse to restart the investigation, that they planned to just play along with Scotland Yard until enough useless leads had been eliminated and then they planned to circle back to the evidence and the McCanns. I can wish that this methodology could be some big secret weapon, but my experience in working with police departments and their handling of cases and politics does not support this likelihood any more than the belief of some that Scotland Yard is playing a fantasticly expensive game that will end with the arrest of the McCanns or that the two departments are working together to accomplish a big coup in bringing the McCanns to justice.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

May 9, 2014
Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann available at Smashwords and Barnes and Noble.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown Empty Re: Why I am So Pessimistic about the Madeleine McCann Case being Solved - Pat Brown

Post  interested Fri 9 May - 19:11

And merci to you "frencheuropean" for posting Pat's comments!!!! I am trying to remain optimistic but I have respect for Pat Brown's opinion. The fact that SY were in Portugal for less than 48 hours, had a hellicopter ride and then returned to the U.K. has me scratching my head. It is becoming more difficult to believe there will be justice for Madeleine and Mr. Amaral.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 9 May - 20:16

I agree with Pat Brown. Whatever they find (likely nothing) there is no way they will pin this on the McCanns. Too many big names are involved, politicians, rich businessmen and they are not going to be made to look stupid, no way.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 9 May - 20:25

Add me to the ones who share Pat Brown's views. I'm sure she's got it right.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 10 May - 9:10

And let's us not get the evidence off cadaver scent get in the way eh.

How they going to get round THAT little detail.

So she was taken by a pedophile and murdered ?

She was murdered then taken by a pedophile?

She got out off bed and was murdered by a pedophile ....perhaps they will say she was chased by the pedophile and fell behind the settee and died...or..

He drugged her killed her hid her behind the settee as don't forget , Gerry said the paedo was in the apt when he was In there , then took her but then how did she get in the wardrobe, perhaps he put her there in the hope if someone came in , they wouldn't notice THEN he put her on the veranda, he was panicking now, he thought someone was coming in the bedroom, so he hid on the veranda, I know he thought, I will hide the body in the flowerbed, so he lowered it down and jumped down and then fled towards the beach ....very plausible don't you think.

One little detail is going to be hard to explain BUT i can.....the car.

This CAN be explained ....

The paedo was panicking even more, he was watching the mccanns and had an idea....I know, I will go dig the body up and plant cadaver scent in that car so as to blame THEM.....see I'm not only a paedo I'm a GENIOUS paedo...

See not so hard to get round all this evidence is it?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down