Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls)

+2
Panda
chrissie
6 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Empty Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls)

Post  Lioned Mon 12 May - 19:28

This is actually the most tragic and important story in the World at the moment....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/23/200-girls-missing-nigeria-care-sewol-tragedy

300 school kids being held somewhere away from their families and in fear for their lives i would imagine.

It is very disturbing !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626019/We-know-Nigerian-governor-claims-intelligence-missing-schoolgirls-leader-Anglican-church-says-talks-need-start-Boko-Haram-back.html

Last edited by Lioned on Sun 18 May - 16:54; edited 2 times in total
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Empty Re: Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls)

Post  chrissie Tue 13 May - 15:38

This is tragic and it was virtually ignored when it first happened. The media was full of stories about Max Clifford and his fellow celebs when this is far more important. Makes me angry.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) Empty Re: Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls)

Post  Lioned Tue 13 May - 15:40

It does make me angry too.

There are three hundred kids been 'kidnapped' you would think that would be front page news for a while at least.

Actually i believe there is 276 still missing as some managed to escape early on.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 13 May - 15:47

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 13 May - 16:23

It's huge number and the poor girls looked terrified when I saw a clip on TV this morning.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 18 May - 11:47

Good morning Chrissie

This kidnapping by a terror organisation shows up the contempt they have for both democracy, and human rights. They are only one group of terrorists, but there are literally dozens just waiting for their opportunity.

I have been asked how we could expect to be treated if they ever get the whip hand in Britain. There are three answers to that. One being that we have our own culture, and traditions built up over hundreds of years. The very last thing we need is an alien culture superimposed on ours. Secondly, many of us, especially females, as with those unfortunate girls, would be forced to accept Islam, and even those of us fortunate enough to escape that would become what they call dhimmis or second class (in our own country) and be forced to pay an extra tax called the jizya for the privilege.

The most disturbing point however is that in January a human rights organisation called open doors published the list of the 50 worst countries for human rights abuses. 9 out of the top ten are Muslim countries. Unsurprisingly the pride of place if that is the expression goes to North Korea. Of the 50 countries 37 of them are Muslim.

Pakistan to whom we give billions every year, and whose citizens queue up to come here is in 8th place while Saudi Arabia, a great ally of us and the USA is in 6th place. Even Oman where they seem to be much more relaxed over it all I was surprised to see are 27th. Iran, who, whatever they claim are developing a nuclear weapon, and to whom we have recently virtually given the go ahead by unfreezing their bank accounts are 9th. Another great surprise is that even after all the money and resources given to them, not to mention the price our and American troops have paid in blood Iraq are 4th in terms of human rights abuses, and Afghanistan, even before we leave are in 5th place, again, despite  the price paid in blood. That is how much respect they have for human rights, and how much consideration we can expect if they are ever in a position to force their will

Last edited by katertaif on Mon 19 May - 12:52; edited 1 time in total
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 18 May - 12:59

Lioned wrote:This is actually the most tragic and important story in the World at the moment....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/23/200-girls-missing-nigeria-care-sewol-tragedy

300 school kids being held somewhere away from their families and in fear for their lives i would imagine.

It is very disturbing !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626019/We-know-Nigerian-governor-claims-intelligence-missing-schoolgirls-leader-Anglican-church-says-talks-need-start-Boko-Haram-back.html

Lioned , I first posted an article here on this topic on 7th May and again early this morning, seems no one thought it was the most important story in the World then. Does Anyone Care ?(Nigerian School Girls) 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 18 May - 14:59

THERE HAS BEEN FIGHTING IN CAMEROON WITH BOKO HARAM IN NORTH OF COUNTRY,I THINK.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 18 May - 16:07

Britain is now sending spy plane to search for girls.About time.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27460163
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 18 May - 17:42

Lioned wrote:Britain is now sending spy plane to search for girls.About time.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27460163

Indeed. And still so shocking that this isn't dominating the news.....still!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 18 May - 18:30

SEEMS BH HAS SYMPATISERS IN THE NIGERIAN MILITARY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 19 May - 12:56

I think it is beyond any doubt that they have sympathisers in the Nigerian military, not to mention the military in Chad or the Cameron or even Niger. They could not have not only existed, but gone from strength to strength without some support.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 23 May - 9:39

Lioned wrote:It does make me angry too.

There are three hundred kids been 'kidnapped' you would think that would be front page news for a while at least.

Actually i believe there is 276 still missing as some managed to escape early on.

Good morning Lioned

The so called leader of this Boko Haram terror cult one Abubaker Shekau, has been speaking out again and as usual shown up that they will put whatever interpretation on their actions they wish.

First of all very few Islamic scholars have condemned Boko Haram for what they have done, and in fact several, especially in the USA have backed them up claiming that the taking and subsequent smiting the enemy (in their neck) is pleasing to their deity. Selling on of enemy females for sexual purposes is quite all right. By enemy Shekau cites the Qu'ran as meaning non Muslims. He goes on to say that their deity has commanded a holy war against people of the enemy. It is it seems according to the Qu'ran completely permissible to capture and make slaves of the female enemy people. Not, he points out Muslims themselves.

Then he totally contradicts himself. A couple of days after these poor girls were abducted they were filmed looking very unhappy, but according to Boko Haram, and Abubaker Shekau, they had all converted to Islam. If that is the case then their deity no longer recognises them as people of the enemy, they have now to coin a phrase seen the light according to Shekau. So it is now illegal by his own lights, and their holy book  the Qu'ran to continue to hold them surely!! It also is no longer pleasing to their deity.

These girls have been taken to provide money for Boko Haram, and also to give their evil cult the oxygen of publicity. What they are going through in the meantime doesn't bear thinking about.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 27 May - 15:56

They believe they know where the girls are being held but too dangerous to go in and get them !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Tue 27 May - 16:55

Hi Lioned

I have no faith in the Nigerian armed forces at all, to get those girls out without getting most of them I not all killed. As I understand it though our SAS are there in an "advisory" role, as are the American seals. I'm sure they are working on a plan to rescue them. I certainly hope so, as I can imagine what is happening to them. After all, that is what their Qu'ran is all about.

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 14:34

katertaif wrote:Hi Lioned

I have no faith in the Nigerian armed forces at all, to get those girls out without getting most of them I not all killed. As I understand it though our SAS are there in an "advisory" role, as are the American seals. I'm sure they are working on a plan to rescue them. I certainly hope so, as I can imagine what is happening to them. After all, that is what their Qu'ran is all about.

I agree katertaif.I thought i had read somewhere that most likely they have split them up into groups to make it impossible to go in and get them all and obviously risk the lives of the others.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/29/defense-officials-say-kidnapping-nigerian-girls-could-aid-boko-haram/

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 29 May - 15:01

NOT SURE IF ALREADY SAID ON THREAD,4 GIRLS HAVE ESCAPED BOKO HARAM CLUTHES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 15:06

Badboy wrote:NOT SURE IF ALREADY SAID ON THREAD,4 GIRLS HAVE ESCAPED BOKO HARAM CLUTHES.

I am not sure how much you can read into that as it seems some confusion over the numbers that managed to elude capture originally and they may have just had a 'recount'.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/05/28/nigeria-school-girls-boko-haram-released/9678491/
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 29 May - 17:01

Lioned wrote:
katertaif wrote:Hi Lioned

I agree katertaif.I thought i had read somewhere that most likely they have split them up into groups to make it impossible to go in and get them all and obviously risk the lives of the others.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/29/defense-officials-say-kidnapping-nigerian-girls-could-aid-boko-haram/

Unfortunately that is all too possible. It will as you say make rescue a great deal more difficult and dangerous. The only brake on them killing those girls is the price they would get for them and throwing that away.

On the minus side their brand of extremism teaches them that dying while in the process of killing infidels is a sure road to paradise. I have actually met Muslims who think like that. Strange religion all round. One we neither need nor want here.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 25 Jun - 16:37

I am truly amazed this is not receiving more media attention !

Another 91 children have been taken in the last couple of days.

http://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/06/25/nigeria-90-more-kids-kidnapped-as-nation-forgets-bring-back-our-girls/
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 26 Jun - 1:04

THERE HAS BEEN A SUICIDE BOMBING??????????? IN ABUJA KILLING 21 PEOPLE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down