Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

+20
wantthetruth
frencheuropean
kathybelle
duncanmac
kitti
almostgothic
Chris
jeanmonroe
LJC
fuzeta
dutchclogs
Ireland
mossman
MaryB
malena stool
whatsupdoc
Karen
interested
AnnaEsse
Lioned
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Empty STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Guest Sun 1 Jun - 18:01

http://pjga.blogspot.com/2014/06/ward-of-court-decision-issued-by-judge.html

Posted by Astro (therefore 100% reliable) about a minute ago.

Judge rules that Kate and Gerry McCann do not possess the authority to sue Gonçalo Amaral in their daughter’s name.

The judge at the Civil Court of Lisbon who is trying the ‘libel’ case which Kate and Gerry McCann have filed against Gonçalo Amaral and 3 other parties has issued a decision concerning the matter of Madeleine McCann being a Ward of Court.

On the 3rd of January 2014, Gonçalo Amaral had argued before the Lisbon Court that Madeleine’s parents do not possess the necessary power to represent their daughter in this action, since the child had been made a Ward of Court in the United Kingdom.

The judge decided that Mr Amaral should present a certificate of the relevant British judicial ruling. That certificate was delivered to the Court on the 2nd of May, after a lengthy, expensive process.

The judge then had to decide whether or not Madeleine’s parents were entitled to represent their daughter in this lawsuit. In the judge’s recent ruling, it is mentioned that “within the 'Wardship', the High Court holds ultimate responsibility over the child, but it does not suppress or annul the exercise of the parental responsibilities”. The High Court takes control over “the most important decisions for the life” of the child. The judge further considers that “the decision to file a judicial action in the name of the child” is a decision “of the magnitude that is demanded for the agreement or consent of the court”.

The judge’s ruling further notes that the matters that have been brought before the High Court that holds the Wardship have been matters of an “eminently judiciary nature, like the revelation of confidential information and documents, that are related to the child’s disappearance and were in the possession of the local police”.

The text continues with the consideration that because Madeleine was made a Ward of the Court on the 2nd of April of 2008, her parents did not possess, in 2009, “the necessary capacity of representation of their daughter to file the present action without the authorization from the British court”.

Nevertheless, the judge has decided that the final court session, which will include a statement from Gerald McCann and the presentation of closing arguments from all sides, should take place regardless of the matter of the Wardship.

After that hearing is completed, the proceedings will be suspended for 30 days. During that period, Madeleine’s parents “shall arrange for the collection and documentation in the records of the British Court’s authorization for the bringing of this action on behalf of the minor Madeleine McCann”. If they fail to do so, the defendants will be “acquitted of the proceedings concerning the requests that have been formulated on behalf of the latter”.

The judge has proposed the date of 16th June for the final session, but each of the lawyers involved have the possibility of declining said date and suggesting alternative dates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Empty Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Claudia79 Sun 1 Jun - 18:04

Not surprising, really. A matter of common sense.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Empty Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Guest Sun 1 Jun - 18:06

Claudia79 wrote:Not surprising, really. A matter of common sense.
But it knocks quite firmly on the head, all the speculation that the trial has been "dropped", "abandoned" or "settled out of court".
Some of which was posted AS FACT even by some of the members on here, sadly.

And it's kinda nice to actually see it in black and white.  STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 1 Jun - 18:16

That is fantastic. Is it possible that the McCann's can get this permission from the British court? I have no idea
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Jun - 18:20

It will be very interesting to see what Justice Mrs Hogg does next.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 1 Jun - 18:20

Iris wrote:
But it knocks quite firmly on the head, all the speculation that the trial has been "dropped", "abandoned" or "settled out of court".

And it's kinda nice to actually see it in black and white.  STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 25346 

It certainly does but I've been saying that all along although some chose not to believe it.
As for the decision, it seems obvious to me. Always great to see good sense prevail, though.  STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Icon_flower 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Jun - 18:48

So Mr. Amaral was right...AGAIN!! The McCanns do not have the authority to sue him in Madeleine's name. I am delighted to learn of the judge's ruling. Thanks to "Iris" (and "Astro") for this welcome report!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Jun - 18:57

Now that I've re-read the ruling I'm left with a question. Does this mean that the other members of the McCann family can proceed with the lawsuit? I'll leave it to other more intelligent posters to discuss just "exactly" where this leaves Mr. Amaral now.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sun 1 Jun - 19:01

I don't understand very well the last paragraph: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 303636 

"After that hearing is completed, the proceedings will be suspended for 30 days. During that period, Madeleine’s parents “shall arrange for the collection and documentation in the records of the British Court’s authorization for the bringing of this action on behalf of the minor Madeleine McCann”. If they fail to do so, the defendants will be “acquitted of the proceedings concerning the requests that have been formulated on behalf of the latter"

Does the juge ask the Mccanns to prove they asked the British court before putting an action on her behalf?
As it was not probably the case, what are the consequences? That all the claims made in her name are void?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Jun - 19:02

interested wrote:Now that I've re-read the ruling I'm left with a question.  Does this mean that the other members of the McCann family can proceed with the lawsuit?  I'll leave it to other more intelligent posters to discuss just "exactly" where this leaves Mr. Amaral now.
Yes, but they can't chase him for €1,25m. It has to only be for €1m. Even the diehard pros must admit now that this has been a bad blow for the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 1 Jun - 19:22

Claudia79 wrote:
Iris wrote:

It certainly does but I've been saying that all along although some chose not to believe it.
As for the decision, it seems obvious to me. Always great to see good sense prevail, though.   STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Icon_flower 

^^^This.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 1 Jun - 19:28

frencheuropean wrote:I don't understand very well the last paragraph: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 303636 

"After that hearing is completed, the proceedings will be suspended for 30 days. During that period, Madeleine’s parents “shall arrange for the collection and documentation in the records of the British Court’s authorization for the bringing of this action on behalf of the minor Madeleine McCann”. If they fail to do so, the defendants will be “acquitted of the proceedings concerning the requests that have been formulated on behalf of the latter"

Does the juge ask the Mccanns to prove they asked the British court before putting an action on her behalf?
As it was not probably the case, what are the consequences? That all the claims made in her name are void?

I thought this was allowing them to make an application to the UK courts for their agreement to Madeleine being joined in the proceedings. If they do not do this, then the case will proceed on behalf of four family members and the defendants acquitted in relation to Madeleine.

What will they do ? Make an application to the UK courts or not ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 1 Jun - 19:31

wantthetruth wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Iris wrote:

As for the decision, it seems obvious to me. Always great to see good sense prevail, though.   STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! Icon_flower 

^^^This.

^^^ This x 2
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 1 Jun - 19:34

frencheuropean wrote:I don't understand very well the last paragraph: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 303636 

It rather looks as though they are being required to prove that they had the authorisation, rather than that they can get it. The way I'm reading this is that the McCanns must show that they had that authorisation before they took legal action in Madeleine's name.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 1 Jun - 19:48

That's the way I read it too, Anna.

They have to prove that they already had documentary authorisation allowing them to instigate proceedings re Madeleine.

And I assume that a similar proof of authorisation would also apply re their application for Assistente Status in the re-opened investigation.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 1 Jun - 19:54

almostgothic wrote:That's the way I read it too, Anna.

They have to prove that they already had documentary authorisation allowing them to instigate proceedings re Madeleine.

And I assume that a similar proof of authorisation would also apply re their application for Assistente Status in the re-opened investigation.

Yes, the text states that they must produce the documentation "in the records," of the British courts, something that already exists, rather than something they will now apply for.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Jun - 20:04

With all the money the Fund has been paying their high-priced lawyers, you would think they would have had the proper British Court's authorization prior to launching this vexatious action. "Hindering the search" my backside; when Madeleine's mother refused to answer 48 questions regarding her daughter's "disappearance"!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 1 Jun - 20:06

AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:That's the way I read it too, Anna.

Yes, the text states that they must produce the documentation "in the records," of the British courts, something that already exists, rather than something they will now apply for.

That is good news, I hope that's what it means.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 1 Jun - 20:23

The judge has proposed the date of 16th June for the final session, but each of the lawyers involved have the possibility of declining said date and suggesting alternative dates.
Unquote.

I wonder which date in the future the McCanns will opt for?...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 1 Jun - 20:24

Pat Brown has tweeted: "Best news in ages! Thank you, Portugal! It may not be over but a major blow for the #McCann suit against Amaral."
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun 1 Jun - 20:25

If Kate and Gerry had got permission from UK Court to sue on Maddies behalf, I am sure the McCanns would have produced this to the Attorney General. They didnt!..........speaks for itself!
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 1 Jun - 20:26

malena stool wrote:Quote
Unquote.

February 31st 2053.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 1 Jun - 20:27

thank you. always said those in the know in Portugal would let us know when they could so again thanks.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Sun 1 Jun - 20:29

almostgothic wrote:
Unquote.

February 31st 2053.

Snigger, lol......yep , that would be about right for the #mccanns.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 1 Jun - 20:32

whatsupdoc wrote:
almostgothic wrote:
Unquote.

February 31st 2053.

Snigger, lol......yep , that would be about right for the #mccanns.
How cynical you lot are... STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 23324 STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 23324 STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! 613255 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next