Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iraq.................

+12
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
fuzeta
Angelina
kitti
tigger
wantthetruth
Panda
malena stool
wjk
chrissie
joyce1938
16 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Iraq................. - Page 8 Empty Re: Iraq.................

Post  katertaif Wed 30 Jul - 8:57

Exactly so malena stool. Our present western politicians are every bit as corrupt as Fatah, and like them have both eyes fixed firmly on the main chance. As for Hamas buying weapons from N. Korea that sounds very likely. Mind it does illustrate very graphically Hamas' notion of peaceful co-existence, together with what proportion of their GDP they are prepared to spend on weapons as against the amount spent on rebuilding Gaza after they brought such death, destruction and ruin to it. Of course the UN will take care of that side of it and Hamas knows that full well.

The saying that "we learn from our mistakes" is one the leaders of hams do not seem to know.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
Iraq................. - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Iraq................. - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 2 Aug - 18:16

MOSUL RESIDENTS OUTRAGED AT ISIS DEMOLITION OF SHRINES ETC ARE DOING A BIT OF AMBUSHING OF MILITANTS.
A REVOLT IN MOSUL COULD END THE CALIPHATE.
ISIS HAS RELEASED A 30 MINUTE VIDEO SAYING ANY ENEMIES CAPTURED CAN EXPECT DEATH.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Iraq................. - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Iraq................. - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 2 Aug - 22:01

ISIS ATTACKED HADITHA DAM AREA ON FRIDAY.
TODAY THEY ATTACKED A KURDISH AREA NEAR MOSUL,THINK THERE WERE DEFEATED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 3 Aug - 22:25

ISIS HAS DEFEATED KURDISH FORCES,SEIZED MOSUL DAM,COULD USE TO FLOOD DOWNSTREAM AREAS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Wed 6 Aug - 10:24

Badboy wrote:ISIS HAS DEFEATED KURDISH FORCES,SEIZED MOSUL DAM,COULD USE TO FLOOD DOWNSTREAM AREAS.

Good morning Badboy.

There is evidence that ISIS have started using Chemical weapons in the Kurdish regions The health minister of Kobani, Nisan Ahmad has made the claim, and says it is confirmed by Kurdish medical teams, although not as yet by any international inspectors.

In addition ISIS seems to have revived the medieval practice of beheading captured enemy forces, and sticking their heads on spikes.

None of this seems to be attracting any attention as far as the worlds media is concerned, and if true shows they have a total disregard for any conventions, or what anyone thinks of them. Yet another side of the hydra headed monster.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 6 Aug - 10:48

KURDISH FORCES FROM BOTH SYRIA AND IRAQ ARE TRYING TO RECAPTURE GROUND LOST TO ISIS WITH THE HELP OF IRAQI AIR FORCES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 6 Aug - 13:52

ISIS AND KURDISH FORCES FIGHTING AROUND MOSUL DAM,WHICH HASN'T FALLEN TO ISIS AS I THOUGHT EARLIER,IT IS SAID THAT ISIS UNLEASED THE WATER, A 15FT WALL OF WATER WOULD HIT BAGHDAD,
MEANWHILE 25,000 YAZIDIS ARE TRAPPED ON MOUNT SINJAR,DYING OF DEHYDRATION INCLUDES 25 CHILDREN,THEY FACE DEATH IF THEY TRY TO DESCEND MOUNTAIN.
HADITHA DAM ALSO UNDER ATTACK.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Aug - 14:22

That's awful Badboy. Why doesn't the UN step in and DO something?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 6 Aug - 14:47

Iris wrote:That's awful Badboy.  Why doesn't the UN step in and DO something?  
THERE ARE TRYING TO DROP SUPPLIES.
SOUNDS LIKE THESE ISIS LOT ARE TOTALLY EVIL.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 7 Aug - 13:33

Badboy wrote:ISIS AND KURDISH FORCES FIGHTING AROUND MOSUL DAM,WHICH HASN'T FALLEN TO ISIS AS I THOUGHT EARLIER,IT IS SAID THAT ISIS UNLEASED THE WATER, A 15FT  WALL OF WATER WOULD HIT BAGHDAD,
MEANWHILE 25,000 YAZIDIS ARE TRAPPED ON MOUNT SINJAR,DYING OF DEHYDRATION INCLUDES 25 CHILDREN,THEY FACE DEATH IF THEY TRY TO DESCEND MOUNTAIN.
HADITHA DAM ALSO UNDER ATTACK.

Good afternoon Badboy

The situation is looking grimmer by the day. Maps supposedly put out by IS at the weekend show their immediate territorial ambitions. Large swathes of N. Africa, all of the Middle East, as well as the Indian sub continent. stretching all the way to the Far East. They are claiming Saudi Arabia is next on the hit list, and say they already have a large presence there, among the military, supposedly because of corruption in the House of Saud.

If that has even a grain of truth, the US/Britain/Europe certainly could not allow the annexation of our largest oil supplier. That then brings in the attitudes of Russia/China. and N. Korea. I saw an excellent film some years ago called Countdown to Looking Glass. It was the slide towards a world war as told through news broadcasts. Very realistic. It started supposedly with US troops landing in Saudi Arabia.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 7 Aug - 14:41

HADITHA DAM,IT IS BELIEVED WILL SOONER OR LATER FALL TO ISIS FORCES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 8 Aug - 2:15

SEVERAL MAINLY CHRISTIAN TOWNS HAVE FALLEN,KURDISH FORCES ARE THINLY SPREAD.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 8 Aug - 8:09

Badboy wrote:SEVERAL MAINLY CHRISTIAN TOWNS HAVE FALLEN,KURDISH FORCES ARE THINLY SPREAD.

Good morning Badboy

They are thinly spread, as you rightly say and virtually unarmed at that. It remains to be seen how much substance there is in Obama's latest promises. I think that sooner or later it will come down to naked force. These people are not going to stop, and in the meantime the cost in human misery makes everything else look trivial.

Meanwhile, as soon as the cease fire ends, and while talks are still ongoing, Hamas starts the rocket attacks again. Everywhere we look around the world, the basic problem is the same but without doubt ISIS/ISIL or IS are the biggest danger so far.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Iraq................. - Page 8 Empty Obama approves airstrikes in Iraq

Post  Panda Fri 8 Aug - 8:45

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11020539/Barack-Obama-approves-airstrikes-in-Iraq.html

I watched a report yesterday and the Christians have fled up the mountain for safety, no water, no food , NOTHING. The World is in chaos and one wonders whether the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Aug - 8:49

Panda wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11020539/Barack-Obama-approves-airstrikes-in-Iraq.html

I watched a report yesterday and the Christians have fled up  the mountain for safety, no water, no food , NOTHING. The World is in chaos and one wonders whether the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do .

Yazidi Parents Throwing Their Children From Mountain In Order Not To See Them Die Of Thirst Or Taken By Islamic State

Date: August 6, 2014

Subject: Report from Assyrian Aid Society of Iraq

This report was sent to us by Ms. Christina Patto, VP Assyrian Aid Society of Iraq. Here what she wrote:

Here is our report and some of our testimony concerning the events happening now in North of Iraq.

It is a tragic situation, nobody can imagine how terrible it is, as much as I write to you and send you reports it will not be enough to describe the suffering of people.

For Zummar and Sinjar: they are under Da’esh control, thousands of Yazidis died in the last two days, they are facing a real genocide. Till yesterday (45) children died of thirst. Some families throw their children from the top of Sinjar mountain in order not to see them die from hunger or thirst, or not to be taken by the terrorists. (1500) men were killed in front of their wives and families, (50) old men died also from thirst and illness. More than (70) girl and women (including Christians) were taken, raped and being captured and sold. More than (100) families are captured in Tel afar airport.

There is about (50) Christian families in Sinjar. The terrorists were able to control the Syriac church there and cover the Cross with their black banner. Till now we do not know anything about those Christian families.

For Nineveh Plain:

As a reason to the continuous bombing on Telkeif, Deacon (Lujain Hikmat Nano) died, most of the families left their houses and would leave one member of the family in the house, but this tragic led to an exodus from Telkeif. the same thing happened in Shekhan and the surrounded villages (shekhan center, Karanjo, Dashqotan and Ein biqri).

Ba’ashiqa: an exodus from there because there was boming and battles near Ba’ashiqa as the terrorists are trying to control that area too. Ba’ashiqa Monastory is being evacuated from the inhabitants and from IDPs.

Ein Sifni: an exodus of the Yazidi families which forced the christian families to flee too.

http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/yazidi-parents-throwing-their-children-from-mountain-in-order-not-to-see-them-die-of-thirst-or-taken-by-islamic-state/
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 8 Aug - 9:57

Good morning AnnaEsse

What can anyone say except this is worse than genocide, when parents kill their own children to prevent them falling into terrorist hands. Yet our leaders only want to talk of the brutality of the licentious Israeli soldiery. I haven't read any accounts of them raping young girls, and then selling them into sex slavery. I don't know of any Rabbis forcing people to accept Judaism or pay a tax. I have read this morning that Hamas have resumed attacks on Israel even while peace talks are on going. That should tell our leaders something of the truth, but apparently doesn't.

At least the Israelis are defending themselves who are IS defending themselves against? Meanwhile lets just talk about the brutal Israelis.

I have seen many images of dead and dying Palestinians, and there is no way of trivialising such tragedy. Hamas must share the blame for civilian casualties every bit as much and possibly far more than Israel. Some of the pictures I have seen are definitely faked, and for propaganda purposes. Once again our leaders don't want to know this side of it.

In the case of IS, no propaganda is needed they are extreme ruthless killers. I don't yet know how much substance there is in possible US air strikes since already I have read several accounts, all different. Sooner or later tough I believe it will have t come down to a concerted international effort, and the longer it takes the more innocents will be killed or enslaved.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Aug - 10:24

katertaif wrote:Good morning AnnaEsse

What can anyone say except this is worse than genocide, when parents kill their own children to prevent them falling into terrorist hands. Yet our leaders only want to talk of the brutality of the licentious Israeli soldiery. I haven't read any accounts of them raping young girls, and then selling them into sex slavery. I don't know of any Rabbis forcing people to accept Judaism or pay a tax. I have read this morning that Hamas have resumed attacks on Israel even while peace talks are on going. That should tell our leaders something of the truth, but apparently doesn't.

At least the Israelis are defending themselves who are IS defending themselves against?  Meanwhile lets just talk about the brutal Israelis.

I have seen many images of dead and dying Palestinians, and there is no way of trivialising such tragedy. Hamas must share the blame for civilian casualties every bit as much and possibly far more than Israel. Some of the pictures I have seen are definitely faked, and for propaganda purposes. Once again our leaders don't want to know this side of it.

In the case of IS, no propaganda is needed they are extreme ruthless killers. I don't yet know how much substance there is in possible US air strikes since already I have read several accounts, all different. Sooner or later tough I believe it will have t come down to a concerted international effort, and the longer it takes the more innocents will be killed or enslaved.

And speaking of Hamas: this report from Sky News appears to be worded so that the impression is that Israel broke the ceasefire. The emphasis here seems to be on Israel launching air strikes.

Thousands of Palestinians are fleeing their homes in north and east Gaza as Israel launches air strikes amid Hamas rocket attacks.

The wording of the main body of the article seems to me to be heavily biased.

Israel says it is targeting "terror sites across the Gaza Strip" in response to Hamas rocket attacks after a three-day truce ended.

At least 18 rockets have been fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel, Israeli army officials say.

Two rockets were intercepted over the city of Ashkelon, 14 others hit open areas and two fell short and exploded in Gaza, according to Sky News reporters on the ground.

Thousands of Palestinians are fleeing their homes in north and east Gaza as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered "forceful retaliation" to the rocket fire.

Sky's Katie Stallard, in Gaza City, heard two loud explosions in Gaza City and Israeli F16 fighters overhead.

http://news.sky.com/story/1315105/more-violence-as-gaza-72-hour-ceasefire-ends
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 8 Aug - 10:48

That report from Iraq made me cry. These people are barbarians, how can human beings become so evil?
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 8 Aug - 11:46

fuzeta wrote:That report from Iraq made me cry.  These people are barbarians, how can human beings become so evil?

It is just so dreadful.... :-(
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 8 Aug - 12:23

fuzeta wrote:That report from Iraq made me cry.  These people are barbarians, how can human beings become so evil?

Good morning fuzeta

That is just the trouble they are; in their own minds at least following their religion to the nth degree. They are the only ones who are right and doing their deity's work. Their thought processes are 1400 years old, when such atrocities were completely normal

It' s a completely win win situation for them insofar as their faith teaches them that if they get killed while in the act of killing infidels they are going straight to paradise as martyrs. we'd all like to be assured of that wouldn't we?

There are several glaring holes in their beliefs. not least, if they truly believe that tosh, why are their leaders not in the van? That doesn't make them any less dangerous in fact more so. IS I believe are the first terrorist group acting under one leader, and with a clear aim beyond just spreading terror.

The longer it takes to stop them the stronger and more united they will become with adherents from all over the world joining them. We have Muslims born in the UK fighting in their ranks so education isn't any answer. They already know all they need to know (once again in their own minds)

Just as with Hamas and all the other terrorist groups they don't care how many they kill or who they are. It's all very clear cut for them. So is how to deal with them. Our leaders haven't recognised that yet.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 8 Aug - 14:44

Is Tony Blair still peace envoy? If so, where is the miserable b******. What's he getting paid for?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 8 Aug - 14:59

Angelina wrote:Is Tony Blair still peace envoy?   If so, where is the miserable b******.   What's he getting paid for?

Good afternoon Angelina

As far as I know yes he still has the title of peace envoy. It does seem strange that since he took it n the Middle East has gone up in smoke. I doubt if he actually knows where the Middle East is unless there is a bank of cameras there to record his august presence. he took the job as I understand it as a consolation prize when he didn't get the European presidents job, for which the whole of Europe should be thankful. We would doubtless be at war with them by now if he was.

I saw him interviewed a while back. he says he doesn't get paid for being peace envoy, but he did admit (reluctantly) that the contacts he made and continues to make as a result of it more than make up for that. Remember he is now an advisor to Egypt, and I was more than a little surprised to find he is an advisor to Oman. I worked there for 3 years, and I thought they had more sense than not only listen to him. but pay him into the bargain.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 8 Aug - 16:48

katertaif wrote:
Angelina wrote:Is Tony Blair still peace envoy?   If so, where is the miserable b******.   What's he getting paid for?

Good afternoon Angelina

As far as I know yes he still has the title  of peace envoy. It does seem strange that since he took it n the Middle East has gone up in smoke. I doubt if he actually knows where the Middle East is unless there is a bank of cameras there to record his august presence. he took the job as I understand it as a consolation prize when he didn't get the European presidents job, for which the whole of Europe should be thankful. We would doubtless be at war with them by now if he was.

I saw him interviewed a while back. he says he doesn't get paid for being peace envoy, but he did admit  (reluctantly) that the contacts he made and continues to make as a result of it more than make up for that. Remember he is now an advisor to Egypt, and I was more than a little surprised to find he is an advisor to Oman. I worked there for 3 years, and I thought they had more sense than not only listen to him. but pay him into the bargain.

Iraq................. - Page 8 678246 Kaitertaif

Why anyone would listen to him is beyond me. He's probably sunning himself on a private yacht somewhere.  Iraq................. - Page 8 371436 
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 8 Aug - 17:54

Yes Angelina he was always excellent at getting Freebies off his pals.

I was more or less shanghaied into going to the Trimdon (near Sedgefield) labour club one evening. I was unaware that the great man was going to be there. He went round shaking hands with everyone. I refused to shake his hand, and I'll swear his ego is such that he didn't even notice. the "Colgate" smile never wavered.

One thing I don't think anyone can deny now, is that everything he did (or didn't do) was geared to the after dinner speeches that were to found his wealth. Under normal circumstances I have only admiration for anyone who has made money. It's a combination of intelligence and sheer hard work. In his case however;........................
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Iraq................. - Page 8 Empty U>S> strikes ISIS artillery in Northern Iraq

Post  Panda Fri 8 Aug - 18:04

http://news.sky.com/story/1315410/us-strikes-isis-artillery-in-northern-iraq

It is harrowing to see the Reporting , all these people with only the clothes they are wearing , driven to climb up to Mountains, cases of fathers killing their children as an act of mercy. What a mess the Middle East is in and who can really do anything, the UN is just a talking shop.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next