Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

+27
Claudia79
wantthetruth
interested
kathybelle
malena stool
mossman
jassi
tanszi
LJC
quickfingers
chrissie
comperedna
Panda
fred
wjk
almostgothic
dutchclogs
weissnicht
saloongirl
MaryB
cass
Chris
duncanmac
whatsupdoc
jeanmonroe
Karen
princess_leia
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Empty Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  comperedna Mon 16 Jun - 15:00

Panda I am curious to know why you think Amaral has made a fortune from this case. AFAIK he wrote his book 'to defend his reputation'.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :
Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Empty Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  chrissie Mon 16 Jun - 15:01

Panda, from your post above:

As for the McCanns, I agree and have worked to try to get Justice for Madeleine , but seem to be the only one who actually does anything.

You sure about that ?????

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Mon 16 Jun - 15:07

Panda wrote:
Ireland wrote:
Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:“@parapono: the #mccann are still sitting on their bench in the hall. Gerry is waving with a stack of papers, must be hot or nervous. Learned it b heart”

Amaral has a lot of trouble with Lawyers, this is his 3rd I believe.!!!! Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns  have spent a lot of time and money and that the Trial should go on, I think it will.

Why has Goncalo's arrangements agitated you so much, and whose side are you on?

"Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns have spent a lot of time and money"  what is justifiable about the McCann's spending monies from lying and cheating, and after all not one penny from their money was ever used.

Sorry Ireland,I don't share the Forum's love affair with Amaral . He too has made a fortune from Madeleine , was sacked from his job, yet you all think he is some kind of Crusader.That is my opinion to which I am entitled and I don't want to have to defend myself here.

As for the McCanns, I agree and have worked to try to get Justice for Madeleine , but seem to be the only one who actually does anything.

I don't believe Amaral was sacked I thought he resigned? Also he hasn't made a fortune from Madeleine. He hardly has the money to feed himself as far as I'm aware. He has lost everything.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 16 Jun - 15:09

Panda wrote:
LJC wrote:
mossman wrote:Were the other defendants and their lawyers in court today ?

Good question.  No idea really.  I thought it was only to do with the book but yes its to do with other media individuals as well who broadcast programmes based on the book presumably.  I have only heard it was Mr Amaral who didn't show up for Court today, having sacked his legal team early this morning.

Panda, for another case to be heard in place of this case would require weeks of notice I would think.  

Yes, I realise that now, all the more reason for everyone involved to ensure the case will run smoothly.

mossman, where i live , if you don't show up as a Witness and cannot provide evidence as to why, or cancel as early as possible before the Trial, you are fined.

Mossman was asking about the other Defendants. Mossman did not ask about witnesses not turning up.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 16 Jun - 15:18

well maybe you don't think Dr Amaral is on a crusade, and today you seem concerned that the McCs have spent time and money going to Portugal. Well maybe they should take a good hard long look in the mirror, about what they have said and had published about him, and all the delaying tactics they and their solicitor have used.

the money they are spending is either from the Fund or from the book, so they are not really out of pocket. and if you really knew anything about the UK courts Panda, you wouldn't be so quick to condemn the Portuguese. as for Ks comment that she had to organise for the children to be looked after, that's is such irony. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon 16 Jun - 15:19

chrissie wrote:Panda, from your post above:

Delusional!!
Ireland
Ireland
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 141
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 16 Jun - 15:26

just saw the video, the McCs say that they are doing this for Madeleine. tell me how Madeleine will benefit if awarded money. and no Dr. Amaral has not done this 4 times. they twist everything for a soundbite.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Jun - 15:31

chrissie wrote:Panda, from your post above:

You are every bit as delusional as the McCanns, then.  Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 847843 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Mon 16 Jun - 15:34

tanszi wrote:well maybe you don't think Dr Amaral is on a crusade, and today you seem concerned that the McCs have spent time and money going to Portugal.  Well maybe they should take a good hard long look in the mirror, about what they have said and had published about him, and all the delaying tactics they and their solicitor have used.

the money they are spending is either from the Fund or from the book, so they are not really out of pocket. and if you really knew anything about the UK courts Panda, you wouldn't be so quick to condemn the Portuguese.  as for Ks comment that she had to organise for the children to be looked after, that's is such irony. jimo.

Kate doesn't do irony - she really, really believed it .
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 16 Jun - 15:34

Because I'm in the five hour "behind" time zone, I'm trying to catch up on today's news. So far I'm not sure what to make of it, but the one thing I am sure about is, any day that Mr. Amaral can rain on the McCann parade is a good day. The McCanns can whine on all they want about their pain and distress and throw in "Madeleine is suffering" at the same time "no evidence to show she has been injured or killed". It's too soon for me to figure out exactly what this further delay is all about (and I trust other posters to discuss the why's and repercussions/consequences) but if the McCanns are angry/pained/distressed/inconvenienced - it's a good day for me.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Jun - 15:42

interested wrote:Because I'm in the five hour "behind" time zone, I'm trying to catch up on today's news.  So far I'm not sure what to make of it, but the one thing I am sure about is, any day that Mr. Amaral can rain on the McCann parade is a good day.  The McCanns can whine on all they want about their pain and distress and throw in "Madeleine is suffering" at the same time "no evidence to show she has been injured or killed".  It's too soon for me to figure out exactly what this further delay is all about (and I trust other posters to discuss the why's and repercussions/consequences) but if the McCanns are angry/pained/distressed/inconvenienced - it's a good day for me.  

I think Kate McCann is trying to save us all some time as she already seems to have her prison uniform on.

Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Article-2658873-1ED0BCC100000578-573_634x440
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 16 Jun - 15:47

It's the sandals I can never stand!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Jun - 15:49

Roasted Arizona wrote:It's the sandals I can never stand!

Gladiator sandals versus the Victory Eagle?

My money's on the eagle!  Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 16 Jun - 15:54

Iris wrote:
interested wrote:Because I'm in the five hour "behind" time zone, I'm trying to catch up on today's news.  So far I'm not sure what to make of it, but the one thing I am sure about is, any day that Mr. Amaral can rain on the McCann parade is a good day.  The McCanns can whine on all they want about their pain and distress and throw in "Madeleine is suffering" at the same time "no evidence to show she has been injured or killed".  It's too soon for me to figure out exactly what this further delay is all about (and I trust other posters to discuss the why's and repercussions/consequences) but if the McCanns are angry/pained/distressed/inconvenienced - it's a good day for me.  

I think Kate McCann is trying to save us all some time as she already seems to have her prison uniform on.

Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 Article-2658873-1ED0BCC100000578-573_634x440

Oh Iris, cruel but so very apt.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon 16 Jun - 16:03

Roasted Arizona wrote:It's the sandals I can never stand!

You and me both!!
Ireland
Ireland
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 141
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 16 Jun - 16:04

tanszi wrote:just saw the video, the McCs say that they are doing this for Madeleine.  tell me how Madeleine will benefit if awarded money.  and no Dr. Amaral has not done this 4 times.  they twist everything for a soundbite.

Madeleine has nothing to do with this trial. - the judge has said so. They have no right to join her in proceedings, unless they prove otherwise to the court. If by some odd stroke they win their case, Madeleine receives nothing, she is not party to this.

They use her name to suit themselves. They have two police forces with active investigations, being funded by tax payers of their respective countries. The McCanns themselves have no investigators retained, that we know of, and if they have they are breaking the law in Portugal.

Therefore they do not require any financial assistance to find Madeleine. It is money for themselves, to live the lavish lifestyle they crave. I wish they could at least be honest about that. Ten million euro from Snr Amaral will not help to find her, not least because they won't spend it for that purpose.

I hope they are proud of themselves for the way they behaved today, nobody else will be, especially their children.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 16 Jun - 16:30

Panda wrote:
Ireland wrote:
Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:“@parapono: the #mccann are still sitting on their bench in the hall. Gerry is waving with a stack of papers, must be hot or nervous. Learned it b heart”

Amaral has a lot of trouble with Lawyers, this is his 3rd I believe.!!!! Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns  have spent a lot of time and money and that the Trial should go on, I think it will.

"Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns have spent a lot of time and money"  what is justifiable about the McCann's spending monies from lying and cheating, and after all not one penny from their money was ever used.

Sorry Ireland,I don't share the Forum's love affair with Amaral . He too has made a fortune from Madeleine , was sacked from his job, yet you all think he is some kind of Crusader.That is my opinion to which I am entitled and I don't want to have to defend myself here.

Hi Panda. Have I read this correctly, I know I'm in a bit of a rush trying to catch up having been out most of the day, but surely Amaral wasn't sacked from his job he retired IIRC... And as far as I'm aware the McCanns virtually bankrupted him and split up the family didn't they.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jun - 17:06

Panda wrote:

Panda

I'm disgusted that you can agree with Isabel Duarte's crass statement.

The McCanns have spent no time at all searching for Madeleine, they couldn't even get their sorry backsides over to PDL, in case Madeleine was found in one of the places Redwood and his men were digging. We all know why the McCanns have never searched for Madeleine and it's the same reason why they never went over to PDL.

Yet the McCanns can come over to Portugal, to try and fleece Snr Amaral out of as much money as they can.

In case you've forgotten Panda, this lawsuit is based on the contents of Goncalo Amaral's book. When the McCanns took Goncalo Amaral to court, regarding the banning of his book, they won. Goncalo Amaral appealed and the Appeals Court Judge, read the book, stated there was nothing in the book, that warranted a ban and he overturned the ban. The McCanns, then appealed to the Supreme Court and the Supreme Court Judge, read the book and agreed with the Appeals Court Judge, that the ban should be overturned.

The McCanns or should I say Madeleine, had to pay all the costs incurred, these were costs incurred by Goncalo Amaral, his lawyers, plus costs from the 3 courts.

I'll also remind you Panda, that Isabel Duarte, who you so greatly admire, was ordered to return the copies of Goncalo Amaral's book, that she had held since the case first began. It was only when she and the McCanns were threatened with a fine and possible jail sentence, that she complied with the order.

Anyone with half a brain, can see that the McCanns should never have taken out this lawsuit and if they hadn't been able to use Madeleine's fund money they wouldn't have taken out this lawsuit. The McCanns are chancers, they are banking on the Judge, coming down on their side and awarding them all the money they asking for.

If they lose the case, they won't be out of pocket, because they will use Madeleine's fund to pay the costs. If you don't believe me, listen to Kate McCann's uncle, Brian Kennedy say what the fund money will be used for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-gTcKDKrM

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Jun - 17:11

How on earth he knew so early on that there would be legal expenses I don't know.

This clip is also noteworthy for Eileen McCann's comment that the starting of the fund (and the money rolling in) had lifted Gerry's spirits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jun - 17:16

Ireland wrote:
Panda wrote:

Well said Ireland.  Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 307691 
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jun - 17:27

Not Born Yesterday wrote:How on earth he knew so early on that there would be legal expenses I don't know.

This clip is also noteworthy for Eileen McCann's comment that the starting of the fund (and the money rolling in) had lifted Gerry's spirits.

Hi N.B.Y.

The date of this interview, is only 14 days after Madeleine disappeared and not once did this wretched pair mention, how distressed they were, at Madeleine's disappearance and how they feared for her safety. The comments they both made regarding money were disgusting. She was happy that her son was uplifted now the fund was running. He was grinning like a Cheshire cat, as he spoke of people stuffing money into his pockets.

There was no need for this fund, because the Portuguese taxpayers, were funding the investigation. Oh I forgot, the fund money was not for the investigation was it, it was to pay the McCanns legal expenses and line the pockets of they and certain members of their wider family.

Kennedy knew that there would be legal expenses, because the McCanns hired lawyers within hours of Madeleine's disappearance. I read that they had these lawyers in place, in case they were arrested. However I don't know if this was true.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 16 Jun - 18:50

Clarence Mitchell has spoken saying the latest delay was "ridiculous". "Kate and Gerry said everything they wish to say outside court today." "It is ridiculous that the case has been delayed yet again." "Mr. Amaral's claims are entirely unfounded and we hope the British media will not repeat them." His remarks are included in the article entitled "McCanns angry about libel delay" by Press Association and is available at www.mccannfiles.com under latest news (scroll down). For some reason this article is dated 13 June 2014 14"45; which is obviously an error and should read "16 June".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 16 Jun - 18:52

interested wrote:Clarence Mitchell has spoken saying the latest delay was "ridiculous".  "Kate and Gerry said everything they wish to say outside court today."  "It is ridiculous that the case has been delayed yet again."  "Mr. Amaral's claims are entirely unfounded and we hope the British media will not repeat them."  His remarks are included in the article entitled "McCanns angry about libel delay"  by Press Association and is available at www.mccannfiles.com under latest news (scroll down).  For some reason this article is dated 13 June 2014 14"45; which is obviously an error and should read "16 June".

And the 'claims' are being repeated quite nicely all over the news tonight!  Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 294124 
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Jun - 18:55

interested wrote:Clarence Mitchell has spoken saying the latest delay was "ridiculous".  "Kate and Gerry said everything they wish to say outside court today."  "It is ridiculous that the case has been delayed yet again."  "Mr. Amaral's claims are entirely unfounded and we hope the British media will not repeat them."  His remarks are included in the article entitled "McCanns angry about libel delay"  by Press Association and is available at www.mccannfiles.com under latest news (scroll down).  For some reason this article is dated 13 June 2014 14"45; which is obviously an error and should read "16 June".

And if the Judge had agreed to the McCann's request for a postponement until September, would it still have been "ridiculous"?  Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 16 Jun - 19:19

Panda wrote:
Ireland wrote:
Panda wrote:

After the Germany - Portugal result I really thought nothing could make me laugh out loud but I was wrong.  Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 23324   Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 23324   Sky Reporter outside Court gives update - Page 5 23324 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum