Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  tanszi on Mon 4 Aug - 13:58

I didn't mention child neglect. You have stated Chris that it isn't a matter of selective treatment, im sure that Ben Needhams mother shares your view.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  Chris on Mon 4 Aug - 16:42

tanszi wrote:I didn't mention child neglect. You have stated Chris that it isn't a matter of selective treatment, im sure that Ben Needhams mother shares your view.

Then I misunderstand your point about which rules have been slected to suit and my comment was specifically directed to the matter of law not the wider beneficial treatment they have managed to obtain.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  Guest on Mon 4 Aug - 16:48

Chris wrote:
tanszi wrote:i think they use the rules to suit themselves. áhasn't it been mooted that the CPS went to Portugal amidst theories that a British person in the UK could face charges against a criminal act that they did in Portugal.


The UK courts do have jurisdiction for a limited range of crimes committed abroad which are set out in legislation. Child neglect isn't one of them and it isn't a matter of selective treatment.

It depends what crime they consider might have been committed!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  kathybelle on Tue 5 Aug - 2:00

Iris wrote:
Chris wrote:
tanszi wrote:i think they use the rules to suit themselves. áhasn't it been mooted that the CPS went to Portugal amidst theories that a British person in the UK could face charges against a criminal act that they did in Portugal.


The UK courts do have jurisdiction for a limited range of crimes committed abroad which are set out in legislation. Child neglect isn't one of them and it isn't a matter of selective treatment.

It depends what crime they consider might have been committed!

Hello Iris

If the McCanns were speaking the truth, when they said they left their 3 children alone in their PDL apartment, according to article 138 of the Portuguese Penal Code, they broke the law.

In my opinion, if the PJ had been allowed to conduct the investigation without interference from certain members of the British and Portuguese Governments, the McCanns would have been charged with offences committed under article 138.

Whether they were speaking the truth or not, they admitted leaving their children without adult supervision, all but one night of that so called family holiday. In other words they not only abandoned their children, they left knowingly, left them in a place of danger.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/mccanns-blog-mccanns-fund-mccanns-alert.html

If you open the link above and scroll down the page, until you reach the article 'The Law', after reading the information below the article, you will see that the McCanns quite clearly broke the law.

Some people said that the PJ were looking for something more substantial to charge the McCanns with. I don't buy that excuse, because the law the McCanns broke, carried a jail sentence. Madeleine supposedly disappeared, because her parents left her and her siblings without adult supervision.

We are all aware that evidence was found in the McCanns apartment, that led the PJ to suspect that Madeleine had died, cadaver odour was found on items of Madeleine's and her mother's clothing and her parents had tried to cover up the cadaver odour. If the PJ had been allowed to investigate the case without interference, they may well have charged the McCanns with offences that led to Madeleine's death and the concealment of her body.

While in my opinion, there is very little chance of the McCanns being brought to justice, I'm just stating that whichever way Madeleine disappeared and whatever happened before she disappeared, the McCanns broke the law. If the McCanns were speaking the truth and Madeleine disappeared while they were out, then they broke the law regarding child abandonment.

If the McCanns were lying and it's highly likely that they were, then the McCanns know exactly what happened to her and the PJ were correct in assuming that died and they tried to cover up the evidence of her death.

In my opinion, the best anyone can hope for, is that the McCanns lose the lawsuit against Goncalo Amaral and the other defendants. If they win the lawsuit, it won't just be a travesty of justice for Goncalo Amaral and his family, it will be a travesty of justice for Madeleine and her siblings. If the Judge does find in favour of the McCanns, she will be giving them a licence, to take out more lawsuits against people like Pat Brown and other critics of the McCanns.

If the McCanns win the lawsuit, I think they will take steps to remove every internet forum, where their critics have been allowed to voice their opinions. Gerry McCann made this threat, around 6yrs ago, when he called critics like myself, nutters and sad individuals. He said it wasn't right that we should be blaming he and his wife for Madeleine's disappearance.

If the McCanns win this lawsuit, then I will be convinced that corruption is involved. The McCanns are already walking away from a crime so serious that it cost their daughter her life, if they win the lawsuit, then it is plainly obvious to me, that the McCanns are being protected and it is because they know something that must never be revealed to the public.

For the sake of Goncalo Amaral, his family, Madeleine and her siblings, I hope my opinions are all wrong.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  Guest on Tue 5 Aug - 9:16

Morning kathybelle

Amaral seems pretty confident of the outcome of the damages trial (I must stop calling it a libel trial!) and that's what I am clinging on to.

TBH I don't think it will make a lot of difference apart from the money aspect, obviously. He still won't find an English Language publisher and his book will never recover the lost sales. At least most of the papers have stopped calling him "disgraced".

I'm sadly coming to the conclusion that the McCanns will never face justice in any court on this earth for what they did to poor wee Maddie. The best we can hope for is to limit their financial exploitation of their dead daughter.

And if Gerry seriously thinks he can shut down everything on the Internet - like he already said he wanted to do - then he needs psychiatric help, as well as his bunny boiler wife. Because too many people now have too much saved and stored, and it will always resurface, as the Turkish government very quickly discovered. I hope the money, big house, 4x4 etc was worth it, because their lives must be a living hell and I especially feel for those poor twins.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  interested on Sun 17 Aug - 19:55

I've been hoping by now this would have been confirmed (or denied).á I guess Clarence is tooábusy with his election campaign and that is why there has been no comment; operational reasons and all that.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns are suing the Times (no confirmation yet)

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:00


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum