Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gluten Free Diet

5 posters

Go down

Gluten Free Diet Empty Gluten Free Diet

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Aug - 22:06

Anyone on this ?

I believe Gluten may be a problem to me so that is my next step.

I will need some advise from anyone who knows what i can eat and drink.

I will obviously do my research and think some supermarkets now carry Gluten free products.

Some practical help from anyone on such a diet would be good.

Thanks

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Gluten Free Diet Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gluten Free Diet Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Gluten Free Diet Empty Re: Gluten Free Diet

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 22 Aug - 22:17

Lioned wrote:Anyone on this ?

I believe Gluten may be a problem to me so that is my next step.

I will need some advise from anyone who knows what i can eat and drink.

I will obviously do my research and think some supermarkets now carry Gluten free products.

Some practical help from anyone on such a diet would be good.

Thanks

More and more people seem to be having trouble with gluten and most supermarkets now have a "Free From," section. I think I have an intolerance to ordinary wheat but I'm OK with spelt flour, which I now use for baking and all cooking where I need flour.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 22 Aug - 22:23

I think I may have an issue with gluten too so look forward to hearing any useful diet advice.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Aug - 22:34

I believe Sainsburys have quite a good 'free from' section.Its a little way to our nearest one but i will be over there next week to start my first Gluten free shop.

We have a local Waitrose where i normally shop which has only recently started a small Gluten free shelf.

I like beer so that is going to be a bit of a problem.

Is there Gluten in wine ?

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 23 Aug - 0:07

I will find it difficult to follow a diet that doesn't involve Beer,wine,chocolate,crisps and chips !

I have been gradually fighting my way back from the atrocities inflicted upon me by the NHS,It has taken me some 20 months so far since they infected me with an anti biotic resistant infection and then conspired to pump me full of floroquinolones.Only when i decided to take things into my own hands and give up all their poisonous medications have i started to improve.
Now i would say i am back to about 80% of what i should be but my immune system,which was pretty much destroyed,has not been able to recover enough yet to be able to deal with certain issues.

I have stumbled upon this today which is as close as i can find to my remaining symptoms.

"Dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) is a skin condition where you get a very itchy rash. It is caused by intolerance to a food ingredient called gluten. It can be effectively treated with medication plus a gluten-free diet. DH is linked to a condition called coeliac disease, which is also caused by gluten intolerance. Treatment for both conditions is often needed."

Every few days i come up with itchy pimply type rash,if it comes up on one arm it will then come up on the other.Behind the left knee and then the right.Always i am symmetrical,no doctor including a dermatologist i paid to see could work it out !Coupled that with tummy troubles so this is my latest 'diagnosis'.

I understand that going gluten free will be quite a long process to see results so i will be starting next week.Need to get the Bank Holiday binge fest out the way first.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 25 Aug - 21:27

Lioned...beer....chocolate, crisps and chips ARE gluten free....and don't let anyone tell you any different..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 25 Aug - 22:39

I have recently cut right back on bread and anything that contains wheat or yeast...and I have felt a lot better generally. If you like porridge, try Sainsburys free from which is quite tasty.

I am also trying to cut back on dairy but finding that a lot more difficult.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 26 Aug - 14:28

Angelina wrote:I have recently cut right back on bread and anything that contains wheat or yeast...and I have felt a lot better generally.    If you like porridge, try Sainsburys free from which is quite tasty.

I am also trying to cut back on dairy but finding that a lot more difficult.  

Dont like porridge but have found quite a nice gluten free cereal and i mix in a few blueberries which is nice.
Gluten free diet is in its experimental stages at the moment.I have my sons wedding this weekend so that will be my last binge.
I have switched to lactose free milk and butter some time ago,not sure if thats helping yet.

Had an appointment at Kings this morning,though they forgot to write to me to confirm it,lucky (or unlucky as it happens) i knew about it as i spoke to them on the phone,the girl said their admin is in a mess !
So i get to Kings for 9.50 appointment and have to wait two hours as one consultant didnt turn up and the other was late,nurses are farting around trying to phone and cancel people.By the time i get in and out the waiting room is heaving with people threatening to chain themselves to the railings if they dont get compensation !
Consultant i saw didnt have a clue who i was nor any notes on me.Only went there because the consultant at Princess Royal said they where better equipped to deal with me !

NHS is fck'd up and the only way is to sort yourself out if you possibly can or go private.Unless you are dead/dying or have something easy to fix like a bone then its probably a waste of time.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 26 Aug - 15:01

Well you know my son had kidney stones and he went to the PRU....they said he will receive an appointment to see the urologist within 2 weeks.

Well he finally got his letter today.....4 months later!!!

I can't stand going to the A & E, it's quite painful to watch and listen to grown men and women Scream in pain and for the nurses to...nit even blink an eyelid when they walk past these poor people.

As I said .....take the E out off the A & E because theres no such thing as EMERGENCY....you could have an acute appendix or a broken toenail....you take your turn in A & (E). You don't go to the front off the queue if your dying or as one women said, I had a stroke and I've been sitting here for 11 hours.....

This is what happens when a little country like the UK is flooded with Europeans who have never paid a penny into the NHS but are getting the full benefit off it as soon as they set foot on our shores....look at the schools , the playgrounds have turned into extra classes and the children haven't got any room to play...every school round here has had built extensions to cope with the children.

It's the pensioners who are suffering, they get put to the bottom off the pile when it's time to call ambulance...you ring for an ambulance and the first thing they say is ...how are is the patient....they don't stand a chance and they are the people that put the most in.

Why the hell are they sending money abroad when there are children here dying off cancer because their isn't any money to pay for their treatment....oh please don't get me started on that one...

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 26 Aug - 15:27

Well my appointment was arranged about 4 months ago by the PRU who referred me up to Kings and they said they would write but they didnt,so i rang them (Kings) last week and the girl said she wasnt suprised i didnt have a letter because they are in a mess,so she promised to send me a letter first class last Tuesday and it still hasnt come and its too late now anyway.

I dont go to the doctor anymore because last time i went He was crying.

I was getting my repeat prescriptions on line and they kept giving me the wrong stuff so now i dont take any medication anymore as it wasnt working anyway.

Like i think i told you the NHS made me ill and then they made me worse.

Mrs L started paying some £'s every month (not very much really) to join the Benenden and i've been down there and they have people who do care and i got more sense from them in one visit than i got from the NHS in two years.To go to the Benenden you have to get your GP to refer you on the basis that the NHS waiting is too long so it can be a bit of an effort at the moment.

If i was a bit younger i'd emigrate.  Gluten Free Diet 25346
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content