Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal

+16
tanszi
almostgothic
Lioned
interested
mossman
frencheuropean
kitti
jeanmonroe
malena stool
Angelina
fred
mara thon
margaret
comperedna
Claudia79
quickfingers
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Empty Mirror - Police Return to Portugal

Post  quickfingers Fri 22 Aug - 22:35

quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :
Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Empty Re: Mirror - Police Return to Portugal

Post  LJC Fri 22 Aug - 22:40

Portuguese authorities are also understood to have granted permission for Yard officers to investigate new “areas of interest”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-return-portugal-4092680#ixzz3B9xAhvAU
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Aug - 22:57

Nothing like a running commentary from the 'sauce' to get us wondering again.

So is this 'sauce' really from SY or is it just a load of bolloxs again as we keep getting told SY dont do running commentaries !

That said it sounds like they are winding down as the 'finite' resources are clearly getting stretched now.

So Malinkas in the clear then.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 22 Aug - 23:00

Lioned wrote:Nothing like a running commentary from the 'sauce' to get us wondering again.

So is this 'sauce' really from SY or is it just a load of bolloxs again as we keep getting told SY dont do running commentaries !

That said it sounds like they are winding down as the 'finite' resources are clearly getting stretched now.

It was interesting reading statements from journalists at Leveson. They certainly made clear they had their sources within Portugal who fed them snippets for their headlines, despite the secrecy laws.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Aug - 23:09

So are these 'leaks' coming from Portugal or London do you think ?

Personally i dont think Portugal can be arsed with that and they certainly dont believe in the three burglars stuff i doubt.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 22 Aug - 23:33

I'm glad they're waiting for next month. In August the Algarve is so overpopulated it's horrible. The beaches are full and it takes an eternity to get served in restaurants and cafés.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 22 Aug - 23:36

Lioned wrote:So are these 'leaks' coming from Portugal or London do you think ?

Personally i dont think Portugal can be arsed with that and they certainly dont believe in the three burglars stuff i doubt.

My guess is the "leaks" are coming from the McCanns (Clarence Mitchell) for focus purposes before the libel trial winds up.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Aug - 23:43

Claudia79 wrote:I'm glad they're waiting for next month. In August the Algarve is so overpopulated it's horrible. The beaches are full and it takes an eternity to get served in restaurants and cafés.

Andy needs a holiday before he retires.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 22 Aug - 23:54

Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I'm glad they're waiting for next month. In August the Algarve is so overpopulated it's horrible. The beaches are full and it takes an eternity to get served in restaurants and cafés.

Andy needs a holiday before he retires.

September is a great choice, then.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 23 Aug - 0:11

sources coming from Portugal doesn't mean the Portuguese,  I also recall and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong or misunderstood.didn't Lord Levenson say that enquiries would be made into who the sources in Portugal were.  wonder if there was a follow up.

I understand that phone activity seems to be the indicator of evidence here, wonder if they've looked at the phone activity of the T9 although it seems there are new areas of interest. oh seems they've got to try and get this done before the damages trial. now how many on here said this would happen.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 23 Aug - 12:21

interested wrote:
Lioned wrote:So are these 'leaks' coming from Portugal or London do you think ?

My guess is the "leaks" are coming from the McCanns (Clarence Mitchell) for focus purposes before the libel trial winds up.

Yep, the source is all pink, and it's no coincidence that we also have that hideously gloopy 'big school' article out today.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 23 Aug - 12:44

LJC wrote:
Lioned wrote:Nothing like a running commentary from the 'sauce' to get us wondering again.

It was interesting reading statements from journalists at Leveson.  They certainly made clear they had their sources within Portugal who fed them snippets for their headlines, despite the secrecy laws.

Sorry to disappoint you LJC, but if any leaks did come from Portugal, there is no proof they came from the PJ. The McCanns have stated on many occasions that they have many friends in PDL and other parts of Portugal. Any leaks that come from Portugal, are just as likely to have come from these people.

If you take a look at the link below, you will see that Kate McCann was responsible for sending text messages out of the police station, which were then given to the waiting media.

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Despicable__Dishonest..html

Sorry the link is old, but while I get the feeling you don't approve of old links being placed on here, they are placed on here, because people who once supported the McCanns, have now had their eyes opened and seen for themselves that the McCanns are the root cause of Madeleine's disappearance.

Many of these people have never seen the files or any other information that discredits the McCanns, they have taken the McCanns word as gospel and believed all the newspaper reports, that show the McCanns as victims.

I know someone who believes the McCanns are innocent, I asked her if she had read the files and she said no. She said the McCanns were doctors and they wouldn't do anything that would harm their children. I'm sure there are thousands of people out there, who think the same as that lady.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 23 Aug - 12:59

Kathybelle wrote:Sorry to disappoint you LJC, but if any leaks did come from Portugal, there is no proof they came from the PJ. The McCanns have stated on many occasions that they have many friends in PDL and other parts of Portugal. Any leaks that come from Portugal, are just as likely to have come from these people.

If you take a look at the link below, you will see that Kate McCann was responsible for sending text messages out of the police station, which were then given to the waiting media.

Sorry to disappoint you too Kathybelle but if you read journalist transcripts from Leveson they were referring to Portuguese sources who fed them the type of newspaper stories that the McCanns tried to stop and eventually sued over, and I never said anything about the PJ leaking anything. I am referring to journalists who have their informants. I don't care what nationality someone is, money in the back pocket in return for a juicy headline is irresistible. Oh and by the way the journalists were trying to defend their sources to Leveson; that their sources were reliable and that their stories were credible. This upset the McCanns very much, to be portrayed by the British press as neglectful parents but many of us would say serves them right.

No need to stop believing that these same journalists don't still have the same informants who are beavering away quietly to feed them newspaper headlines, both here in Britain and Portugal too.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 23 Aug - 18:23

"Maddie cops "set to return to Portugal in make-or-break moment"   www.portugalresident.com  This story appears to have been prompted by the story in the Daily Mirror.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 23 Aug - 18:30

Wonder if the cops will have a "word" with Cliff Richard while they are there.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 23 Aug - 19:50

interested wrote:Wonder if the cops will have a "word" with Cliff Richard while they are there.

I bet some of the journalists are working overtime with their informants in Portugal and Barbados to try and find out something juicy. An ex copper down the road from me, now in his mid-70's, reckoned whenever he played my home city in the Midlands that, after a show, he had a certain abode he would go to, the type frequented by young men. He didn't say anything about under age but it was something, he said, the Police kept a discreet eye on. And this conversation took place before this news on Cliff broke.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 24 Aug - 12:04

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Empty Breakthrough for Maddie detectives in last-ditch bid to trap suspect

Post  Angelina Sun 24 Aug - 18:27

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/502509/British-Madeleine-McCann-detectives-permission-to-question-suspects

SUSPECTS in the Madeleine McCann investigation are set to be interviewed by British detectives in a pivotal development for police, it is understood.

British police from Scotland Yard will return to Portugal next month to continue trying to solve the seven year mystery of Madeline McCann's disappearance.

They are set to touch down in Praia da Luz to hold meetings with senior Portuguese detectives.

They have also been granted permission to interview up to seven suspects - three of whom have already been questioned once before.

In June Scotland Yard detectives shadowed three searches of wasteland near the Ocean Club but no obvious clues were found.

Some materials gathered in the search were sent for forensic examination but officers were not hopeful of a breakthrough in the investigation.

In July about a dozen Scotland Yard police assisted questioning four suspects and witnesses. One of them, Russian-born Sergey Malinka, has been told he is no longer under suspicion.

Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve in May 2007, aged three.

Operation Grange was launched in May 2011 after Madeleine's parents Gerry, 45, and Kate, 46, appealed to David Cameron.

About 40 detectives and civilian staff are dedicated to the inquiry, which has so far cost an estimated £6million.

Despite the McCanns understanding there is limited funding available for the investigation, top bosses at the Metropolitan Police has vowed to continue the hunt for answers.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 24 Aug - 18:43

Go home ya bums! Go home ya bums! You are only pussyfooting around the edges of this case. You are making the Met a laughing stock across the globe. Don't waste any more of my or other taxpayers money if you are not going to investigate seriously what happened to Madeleine. Declare: 'We did our best, but there is not enough evidence to proceed further.' Go home, or rather Stay home. Simples! Don't dare complain about links with the Portuguese investigation (if any there be) because it was Brits who buggered up Amaral's earlier investigation, which was getting perilously close to the truth.

Oh, I forgot, there is a damages trial in Lisbon not finished, so you have to piss about some more in the Algarve to create a diversion in the UK press.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 24 Aug - 19:07

comperedna wrote:Go home ya bums! Go home ya bums! You are only pussyfooting around the edges of this case. You are making the Met a laughing stock across the globe. Don't waste any more of my or other taxpayers money if you are not going to investigate seriously what happened to Madeleine. Declare: 'We did our best, but there is not enough evidence to proceed further.' Go home, or rather Stay home. Simples!  Don't dare complain about links with the Portuguese investigation (if any there be) because it was Brits who buggered up Amaral's earlier investigation, which was getting perilously close to the truth.

Oh, I forgot, there is a damages trial in Lisbon not finished, so you have to piss about some more in the Algarve to create a diversion in the UK press.  

Very well said Comperedna  Mirror - Police Return to Portugal Icon_flower 

I was married to a police officer, who served in the force during the 60's and 70's. If he was still alive he would be as disgusted with the antics of Scotland Yard regarding this case, as many other police officers are.

While I think it is appalling that the British taxpayers, including myself have to pay for Redwood and his team to find a patsy, to take the blame for the heinous crime that the McCanns committed towards Madeleine, I'm equally appalled that the Portuguese taxpayers are also shelling out money for this charade.

It's looking highly unlikely that the McCanns will face justice for their heinous crime, which means poor Madeleine will never get the justice she deserves. The best we can hope for is for the McCanns to lose this lawsuit and Goncalo Amaral takes a lawsuit out against them, if this is what happens at least Goncalo's wife and children, will not suffer from anymore emotional damage and hardship.

Unfortunately, whatever the outcome of the lawsuit is, the future isn't looking too rosy for Sean and Amelie McCann.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Mon 25 Aug - 12:04

My very decent next door neighbour is a retired policeman. He bought the family-sized police house various forces used to use when one of their number was doing a degree in Oxford. Without exception those who came were admirable men with young families, who I'm sure would have been (and probably still are) horrified by the shenannigans over Madeleine's having gone missing/probable death.

I have seen what happens here in the UK when a small child is lost. The helicopter is out above you, police comb the streets and local scrubland, and search the smallest streams, and knock on doors, and quiz any friends of the child, and especially, of course, the family. A child 'ran away' or 'went missing' from a house next to a school I was working in for a while. I knew the caretaker well. He was immediately investigated himself, and had to turn out all the rubbish bags. The chap was embarrassed, but understood the reason for his being suspect. Every single copper worked his or her socks off until the child was found... from a look from above by the helicopter... hiding in a den in the middle of some bushes... she had gone to sleep. I doubt I have met a policeman or woman who would not be moved to pull out all the stops, and do any amount of overtime to find a missing child.

Making those 38 policeman under Redwood's aegis play silly buggers is shocking. Maybe one of them, later, much later natch, will whistleblow!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 25 Aug - 18:34

so its going to be next month, allowing anyone of the suspects to hot foot it elsewhere. good PR. they really are shockers.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 31 Aug - 21:50

Angelina wrote:
Despite the McCanns understanding there is limited funding available for the investigation, top bosses at the Metropolitan Police has vowed to continue the hunt for answers.

I love this sentence, it sounds like the Mccanns pointing out there's not enough money to carry on with the investigation* and the Met respond with 'piss off we want answers'

*why don't the Mccanns could donate their limited company's money towards the investigation? Mirror - Police Return to Portugal 294124
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 31 Aug - 23:42

There's talk on twitter that the mccanns are moving to France....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 1 Sep - 0:22

kitti wrote:There's talk on twitter that the mccanns are moving to France....

I guess they want to be out of Britain when Mr. Amaral wins the damages case.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next