Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal

+16
tanszi
almostgothic
Lioned
interested
mossman
frencheuropean
kitti
jeanmonroe
malena stool
Angelina
fred
mara thon
margaret
comperedna
Claudia79
quickfingers
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 Empty Re: Mirror - Police Return to Portugal

Post  fred Mon 1 Sep - 7:37

kitti wrote:There's talk on twitter that the mccanns are moving to France....
Twitter Ian Hitchings
BREAKING NEWS: ‪#‎MadeleineMcCann‬'s parents Kate and Gerry ‪#‎McCann‬ are rumoured to be emigrating to ‪#‎France‬ later this year
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 Empty Re: Mirror - Police Return to Portugal

Post  mara thon Mon 1 Sep - 9:31

fred wrote:
Twitter Ian Hitchings
BREAKING NEWS: ‪#‎MadeleineMcCann‬'s parents Kate and Gerry ‪#‎McCann‬ are rumoured to be emigrating to ‪#‎France‬ later this year

No doubt France is preparing itself.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 1 Sep - 9:49

I thought if they were going any where it would have been Canada
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 1 Sep - 9:54

fred wrote:I thought if they were going any where it would have been Canada

Maybe it's a mix of both...the French speaking part of Canada
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 1 Sep - 10:13

Wherever they go they will forever be known and recognised as the parents who put all their children in harms way and made a profit out of the one they lost.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 1 Sep - 10:26

"I shall zay zis only wunze"!

France is:

WHERE, of course, GA's 'libellous' book , the cause of ALL their 'woes', (apparently) is freely available, and openly on sale!

Perhaps GA's book, published in French, dosen't cause the McCanns the SAME 'awful symptoms' as GA's book published in Portuguese does!

Just as THREE books and a PJ 'report' did NOT cause them 'awful symptoms', at least TWO of which, were PUBLISHED BEFORE GA's book, and 'included' the SAME 'theories/conclusions' that were, were published, at a much later date, in GA's book.

As the astute Judge in the libel case, 'noticed' and alluded to, questioned, (GM about in court) and commented on in court......

And IF they are not 'resident' in UK, then GA can publish his book here, in English, in the UK, non?

What's that saying?

"You can run, but you can't hide"

OUI!!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 1 Sep - 13:24

I have no doubt that the mccanns will move before the twins go to secondary school.

Whilst in primary at least the twins can be controlled by Kate McCann on who they see, what they do and can't go out and do there own thing but once there older....

France is too near and don't forget, Kate McCann isn't one for 'coping' on her own so I think it would be Canada .

There's nothing in France for the pair off them, too near to the UK yet too far for the family to babysit so best go where there is
Family to take over Kate mccanns tedious, In her eyes, child care .

And I don't believe Gerry McCann will leave the UK.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 1 Sep - 14:23

If they do so it will be the beginning of the end. In France, after some false abductions last year and this year of children killed by their parents, nobody will believe their story. May be they think that France is a remote part of the world where people have only access to news in French on internet and don't speak English at all. Very convenient if they don't want the twins learn to much about the case.
Québec would be a better option for them.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 1 Sep - 15:33

Is France one of those Mediterranean countries without a Navy ? Gerry doesn't like those places Mirror - Police Return to Portugal - Page 2 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 1 Sep - 17:27

I don't pretend to know all the details regarding the heartbreaking case of Ashya King but it seems his parents, who only want to care for him, are now in police custody and not allowed to see him, while Madeleine's parents who abandoned their three children night after night are free to exploit the death of Madeleine for 'celebrity status' and profit.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 1 Sep - 18:26

I know interested. IMO his parents are acting in what they believe are the childs best interests, and those two ...... doctors swan seemingly swan around like celebrities. I don't think moving anywhere is the answer for the McCs. I don't think theyre going anywhere, just rumour to keep them in the media. doesn't matter where you live the internet is available in English anywhere.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 1 Sep - 21:37

For the mccanns there is no hiding place.The French dont really entertain the English much and certainly wouldnt want the mccanns living next door,well who would ! Gerry wouldnt get a job in the French health service,he would actually have to do a days work and not keep bunking off to see his lawyers.
Kate is nuts and only the sycophants pretend to like her because its fashionable.The French women will have heard of her child neglecting skills like we all have.
No i dont think so somehow.

The mccanns are more likely to end up in a cupboard with Julian Assange.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 1 Sep - 22:54

No not with Julian Assange didn't he leak the British Ambassador to Portugals emails querying the level of consular assistance. More likely a load of old toys.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 1 Sep - 23:06

tanszi wrote:No not with Julian Assange didn't he leak the British Ambassador to Portugals emails querying the level of consular assistance.  More likely a load of old toys.

Or maybe the garden shed with all them unsold books that they cant even shift on Ebay for a quid !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 2 Sep - 8:24

Along with many other people, I'm absolutely seething over the way Ashya's parents have been treated by senior officers from Southampton police, the medics treating Ashya, Portsmouth Council, who have made Ashya a Ward of Court and the Spanish Judicial system, including the Spanish police.

Lawyers up and down the UK have all said that the Kings committed no crime, when they took Ashya out of hospital. Southampton police were well aware of these facts, when they applied for a European arrest warrant, followed by the extradition warrant. A team of Southampton police officers were sent over to Spain, to question the Kings.

More facts came out, while the Kings were in court fighting the extradition warrant, yet the Judge refused to find in their favour and heaped more cruelty on the Kings and little Ashya, when he decided to keep the Kings in custody, while he considers the extradition warrant. It was plainly obvious to that Judge that Ashya needed his parents and they needed to be at Ashya's bedside, but the Judge preferred to keep the Kings in jail, rather than give them bail.

The CPS are now considering whether the Kings have committed any offence.

Why do they need time to consider this? When the facts have been stated by UK lawyers throughout the UK that no offence has been committed.

I notice the non committal statement made by David Cameron. How different his statement was towards this case, than the statement he made offering his undying support to the McCanns.

As far as I'm aware, Cameron has not given the Kings, any Consular assistance, neither has he made any phone calls to someone within the Spanish Government, regarding the Kings detention. Maybe if the McCanns told the Kings their secret, they too would be given the help the McCanns were given.

I don't see any of the McCanns filthy rich backers, including Branson and footballers like Wayne Rooney and David Beckham, offering to support the Kings. Surely these people aren't sharing the secret the McCanns are holding, that prevents the McCanns from facing justice. Or are they!!!!

The Czech Republic, have now offered to give Ashya the treatment that was not available to him in the UK. However, they can only go ahead with this treatment, if the Southampton hospital, release Ashya's medical reports to them. The last report that I heard from Southampton hospital, was that they wanted Ashya returned to their hospital.

I've emailed Hampshire Police Force, to register my disgust at the cruel behaviour of Southampton police, towards the Kings. I doubt very much if I'm the only one to register my disgust. I didn't mention the McCanns, because I was hoping that someone within the Hampshire Police Force would contact me. I wasn't too surprised when they didn't.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 2 Sep - 9:52

I notice the non committal statement made by David Cameron. How different his statement was towards this case, than the statement he made offering his undying support to the McCanns.

As far as I'm aware, Cameron has not given the Kings, any Consular assistance, neither has he made any phone calls to someone within the Spanish Government, regarding the Kings detention. Maybe if the McCanns told the Kings their secret, they too would be given the help the McCanns were given.

And this is the bit I really don't get. That poor family.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 2 Sep - 9:53

It's just been on the news that Nick Clegg is now backing the King's let's hope that it won't be long before they receive practical help from the British Government.

It has also been on the news, that the Kings Spanish lawyer, has issued a statement, saying that his clients will be taking legal action against Southampton General Hospital. I don't know what others think, but in my opinion, this news should not have been released until Ashya's future had been sorted out. I'm only thinking this way, because of Southampton General Hospital's disgraceful behaviour towards the Kings. Who knows what might happen now this news has been made public.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Kings should take action against Southampton General Hospital and in my opinion, they should also take legal action against Southampton police. Especially as the Assistant Chief Constable, told the media that he had sought advice from Southampton General Hospital, before the decision was made to issue a European arrest warrant, against the Kings.

In my opinion, the A.C.C. should have sought advice from lawyers before the made that decision, especially as lawyers had already stated that the Kings had broke no laws.

Good luck to the Kings, I hope it won't be too long before they are reunited with little Ashya. I also hope that little Ashya, gets the medical treatment he so deserves.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 2 Sep - 10:38

Re the McCanns and France:

There is something about the McCanns’ media behaviour that has always ticked a dark box in my brain. And I have never been able to dismiss from that dark box the way Kate McCann ran into the restaurant on that awful evening seven years ago, and said “They’ve taken Maddie!”. Why “they”? It didn’t make sense then, and it doesn’t now.

But on the other hand, I was parked behind them on a ferry coming back from France last year, and they looked like a really nice loving couple who adored their kids. What genuinely pained me was the presence of two minders who made the Ian Fleming character Oddjob look like a 9-stone teenage weakling. The McCann parents are two people whose lives are forever f**ked. One wonders why they continue to encourage it, and one tries not to judge. It’s a mystery, it will always be a mystery, and the world, including the McCanns, should move on.

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/ann-mcguire-madeleine-mccann-the-media-politics-of-gestures-permanent-memorials-and-backing-into-the-limelight/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 2 Sep - 11:57

thanks almostgothic. I have often quoted the two minders bit from this article not knowing where to source it. Well you reap what you so, wonder who is paying for them, the Fund or the Taxpayer.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 2 Sep - 16:01

Regarding the disturbing case of the King family and their little boy Ashya, whilst they have not committed a crime in taking him out of hospital, the point is does it amount to neglect? What is obvious is that they did not fill in any self-discharge forms at the hospital or inform a member of staff at least of what they intended to do. They just took the little lad away and drove for hours all across Europe with him and his other family members. What choice then for the hospital other than to report him as missing? No choice at all. And at what point was it known by anybody whether or not he was getting the medical attention necessary. It was not known hence the pleas by Police and hospital that the battery on his equipment was about to expire and for him to be taken straight to a hospital or for the family to make contact.

But then it was several hours in fact before the family did make contact. Therefore, on the face of it, it did seem at that time when his whereabouts or wellbeing was not known that he may be suffering neglect, in so much as it seemed that he was being denied medical attention. And even if he was not (as we now know they had the necessary medical aid) the journey alone in a car for so long must have been dreadful and not at all ideal for a little boy in his frail and fragile state.

And that is the point as far as I am concerned. I really do realise that this family felt desperate, but did they really act in Ashya's best interests?

Okay, it is blatently obvious that his family adore him and want what they themselves think is best for him and that they have had arguments with Southampton Hospital over his treatment. However, this is not proof that the hospital were not doing their best for Ashya. This Proton Beam treatment may not be suitable for him in any event because it is just not suitable for all types of cancer treatment.

However, I do think the treatment of the family by the Police in Spain seems very heavy handed indeed. Why could they not have questioned the parents in a private room at the hospital, why the need for handcuffs, why keep them in a cell?

It is controversial because, again, it is a rare thing to have happen but it is the risk to the child that has to be weighed up because if other parents start doing the same thing, their children will be put at risk, no doubt about that.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 2 Sep - 16:17

almostgothic wrote:Re the McCanns and France:

There is something about the McCanns’ media behaviour that has always ticked a dark box in my brain. And I have never been able to dismiss from that dark box the way Kate McCann ran into the restaurant on that awful evening seven years ago, and said “They’ve taken Maddie!”. Why “they”? It didn’t make sense then, and it doesn’t now.

But on the other hand, I was parked behind them on a ferry coming back from France last year, and they looked like a really nice loving couple who adored their kids. What genuinely pained me was the presence of two minders who made the Ian Fleming character Oddjob look like a 9-stone teenage weakling. The McCann parents are two people whose lives are forever f**ked. One wonders why they continue to encourage it, and one tries not to judge. It’s a mystery, it will always be a mystery, and the world, including the McCanns, should move on.

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/ann-mcguire-madeleine-mccann-the-media-politics-of-gestures-permanent-memorials-and-backing-into-the-limelight/

Sorry almostgothic I've got to disagree with a couple of your points regarding the McCanns. The first one is where you say that they looked like a nice loving couple who adored their kids. I could never look at the McCanns and think they looked like a nice loving couple, no matter where I saw them. I can only see them as a couple who committed a heinous crime against Madeleine and thanks to the British and Portuguese Governments meddling in the PJ investigation, they are now walking free.

The second point of yours that I have to disagree with, is where you state that the world including the McCanns should move on. While I can't speak for anyone else, my life has not been affected by Madeleine's disappearance, so as far as I'm concerned moving on is not an issue.

However thanks to the British Portuguese Governments, meddling in the PJ investigation, the McCanns were able to move on and put their heinous crime behind them. Unfortunately thanks to the McCanns cruel behaviour towards Madeleine, her world has stayed frozen in time. Her two siblings have yet to learn the issues that Madeleine faced on that fateful night and I can only imagine that they will never move on when they learn the facts of the case.

If the McCanns were really sorry for their behaviour in PDL, they would not have taken out a lawsuit against Goncalo Amaral along with the other defendants. The McCanns know that if they win this lawsuit, Goncalo Amaral will be ruined financially and his wife and children left homeless and penniless. I can't speak for the other defendants, because to my knowledge nothing has been said about their financial status and what will happen to them, if the McCanns win the lawsuit.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/09/mccanns-want-amarals-family-home.html

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/09/mccann-couple-demand-goncalo-amaral.html

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 2 Sep - 16:58

kathybelle wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Re the McCanns and France:

Sorry almostgothic I've got to disagree with a couple of your points regarding the McCanns. The first one is where you say that they looked like a nice loving couple who adored their kids. I could never look at the McCanns and think they looked like a nice loving couple, no matter where I saw them. I can only see them as a couple who committed a heinous crime against Madeleine and thanks to the British and Portuguese Governments meddling in the PJ investigation, they are now walking free.

The second point of yours that I have to disagree with, is where you state that the world including the McCanns should move on. While I can't speak for anyone else, my life has not been affected by Madeleine's disappearance, so as far as I'm concerned moving on is not an issue.

However thanks to the British Portuguese Governments, meddling in the PJ investigation, the McCanns were able to move on and put their heinous crime behind them. Unfortunately thanks to the McCanns cruel behaviour towards Madeleine, her world has stayed frozen in time. Her two siblings have yet to learn the issues that Madeleine faced on that fateful night and I can only imagine that they will never move on when they learn the facts of the case.

If the McCanns were really sorry for their behaviour in PDL, they would not have taken out a lawsuit against Goncalo Amaral along with the other defendants. The McCanns know that if they win this lawsuit, Goncalo Amaral will be ruined financially and his wife and children left homeless and penniless. I can't speak for the other defendants, because to my knowledge nothing has been said about their financial status and what will happen to them, if the McCanns win the lawsuit.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/09/mccanns-want-amarals-family-home.html

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/09/mccann-couple-demand-goncalo-amaral.html

The way I read it, almostgothic is quoting somebody else in the post?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 2 Sep - 16:59

That's what I thought LJC...
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 2 Sep - 17:30

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2