Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton

2 posters

Go down

For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Empty For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton

Post  Panda Wed 3 Sep - 8:39

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Empty Re: For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton

Post  kitti Wed 3 Sep - 9:39

Quite sad really , when one person loves the other more and it must of hurt every day she was married to him, loving him and hating him at the same time.

Sad.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton Empty Re: For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton

Post  Panda Wed 3 Sep - 10:10

kitti wrote:Quite sad really , when one person loves the other more and it must of hurt every day she was married to him, loving him and hating him at the same time.

Sad.

Yes kitti, seems Richard was a serial womaniser but I think Elizabeth would have been hard to live with , feted for her beauty and used to attention . They did re-marry but it didn't work out and Elizabeth suffered ill health for a long time. Did you see them in "Who's afraid of Virginia
Wolfe??? I think that was a good portrayal of their private lives.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Sep - 10:15

I can just about remember the scandal there was when they met on the set of Cleopatra and started a relationship. They were both married to other people at the time, hence the scandal!

Weren't they both alcoholics? That wouldn't make for a peaceful life in harmony.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Sep - 10:25

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I can just about remember the scandal there was when they met on the set of Cleopatra and started a relationship. They were both married to other people at the time, hence the scandal!

Weren't they both alcoholics? That wouldn't make for a peaceful life in harmony.

Morning NBY, Yes I remember that , Richard was a womaniser AND an alcoholic , you wouldn't think he would be good in bed with that combination would you.LOL Elizabeth was a heavy drinker and I suspect Richard did not give her the attention she was used to receiving.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 3 Sep - 11:45

Yes I saw that film Panda.

My fav film....he Medusa Touch.....great film.

Actually , i might go buy that...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Sep - 16:53

kitti wrote:Yes I saw that film Panda.

My fav film....he Medusa Touch.....great film.

Actually , i might go buy that...

The Title is familiar kitti, what was it about and who was in it.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Sep - 17:00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Medusa_Touch_(film)

I remember watching it on TV with my son in the 1980s and he was frightened out of his wits by it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Sep - 17:33

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Medusa_Touch_(film)

I remember watching it on TV with my son in the 1980s and he was frightened out of his wits by it!

Thanks NBY, I hadn't seen it , I would probably have reacted like your Son. Burton had a deep rich voice , by contrast Elizabeth had a childish voice and was not really a very good Actress, whereas I think he was more suited to the Stage , the odd couple . For sale ....letter from Elizabeth Taylor to Richard Burton 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 3 Sep - 21:39

There's supposed to be a remake off it (as usual) but the originals are always the best.

I bought the medusa touch on eBay today.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down