Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda (sweepyface) on FB

+29
frencheuropean
almostgothic
jeanmonroe
comperedna
winjoy
jinvta
Chris
interested
LJC
mossman
tanszi
saloongirl
dutchclogs
princess_leia
margaret
pennylane
chrissie
wjk
Annabel
weissnicht
kathybelle
AnnaEsse
ann_chovey
Roasted Arizona
SteveT
cherry1
Justiceforallkids
dazedandconfused
mara thon
33 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 5 Empty Re: Brenda (sweepyface) on FB

Post  kitti Sun 5 Oct - 23:06

Did you know Martin brunt was following her on twitter BEFORE this happened?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 5 Oct - 23:21

the mail online has detailed all the msm who carried the article on Brenda Leyland after the Sky doorstepping. im wondering whether this was just picked up by all the papers or whether they were given a press briefing by anyone. I also note that Mr G McC was interviewed on this matter and called for an example to be made. I am also wondering whether the McCs were aware of the Brunt doorstepping before it occurred. and as others have asked why Brenda?

tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 5 Oct - 23:32

I looked at the video again and why was something brunt said in the beginning bleeped out and why did they bleep out Brendas reply when questioned by him about her twitter account....'I'm entitled to......bleep'..why?

You ask why Brenda?

Why Tony?

Why Mr Amaral?

The answer being....they are all well educated and people listen to them....and perhaps, looking at Brendas house ...money.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 5 Oct - 23:34

Brunt was following Brenda on twitter....for a reason ...he picked her out because she was intelligent .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 5 Oct - 23:42

who gave the dossier to Sky News?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 5 Oct - 23:48

General consensus is Jayelles1 from STM (the pro McCann stalkers' cesspit).

From Twitter:

JillyCL ‏@JillyCL 11m11 minutes ago
@jayelles1 I trust you will never sleep well again. You are cruel and wicked. #DossierCompiler #BloodOnYourHands #McCann
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 5 Oct - 23:56

Sky news are lying again.

They are saying Brenda flooded the mccanns with messages about their daughter...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 5 Oct - 23:56

tanszi wrote:who gave the dossier to Sky News?  

And what was her most offensive tweet that she deserved to be hounded as such? Did Brunty investigate the allegations at all before hounding her? Or was this all part of Gerry's wider agenda to make an example of those who have caused them distress? Kate and Gerry, Brunt, Malone, and SkyNews all have blood on their hands. Brunty the vigilante!
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sun 5 Oct - 23:58

I said in a post on another thread on this topic that I was not comfortable with the latest trend of TV cameras just turning up out of the blue and sticking a camera into someone's face in the street and 'outing' them to the public for a 'crime' that the TV company felt they were guilty of.  

It happens alot in other programmes too.  Another programme where they ambush cowboy builders for example.  Now although I hate the idea of a cowboy builder ripping off an elderly person, I think the place for their punishment is in a court of law.  But today TV has set itself up as judge and jury and, now it seems, executioner. I do not believe that this is right.

I am not in agreement with vigilante mobs who decide someone has done something so bad that they need to be strung up for their so called crime, without a fair trial, and sometimes getting it wrong.  

Cowboy builders are always going to rip people off and respectable middle aged women who have time on their hands and have an opinion on something as bad as child neglect are always going to express their views.   But do they deserve to be tried in the court of television where the judge and jury are a journalist eager to boost his show's ratings?

The problem with publicly humiliating people by outing them is that many of them do what they do in secrecy and their families do not know what they have been up to and once they are outed it becomes a life changer; they cannot hold their heads up in their own communities and their marriages may break down and their children may disown them and stop them seeing their grandchildren and their best friend of 40 years may disown them and they find themselves all over the TV and newspapers and I am just not comfortable with it.  Some may say they deserve it but there are right ways to go about bringing someone to justice and there are wrong ways.  

'If' someone is suspected of committing a crime, take appropriate legal action against them if its really necessary, At least that way they get a chance to get a defence together, to put their side of the story, get time to tell their families in their own words what they have been up to and they may even clear their names if they are actually innocent.  And in the case of Brenda Leyland, if the McCanns felt she had overstepped the mark and been offensive to them, surely a solicitors warning letter would have been suffice? But to ram a camera into her face, without prior warning, when she had no chance to think; no chance to have legal representation at her side; that is wrong. Its trial by TV and it is just very, very wrong, imo.

I hope the family of Brenda Leyland fight back over this tragedy because, at the end of the day, she cared about Madeleine and she got herself worked up into anger over Kate and Gerry McCann and she has done what many of us have done and put her thoughts into words, and she has been exposed to her family, her neighbours and friends and she must have felt totally humiliated.   Martin Brunt may as well have put her head into the stocks and thrown rotten apples at her as well, such was the humiliation.

Anyway, how do you feel now Judge Brunt?  Are you happy with your day's work?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Oct - 0:05

But she wasn't offensive to them....how could she be, the mccanns stated they never went on forums and blogs etc .

We've seen the tweets....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 6 Oct - 0:14

For seven years many of us have been intimidated, abused, threatened, stalked, lied about again and again on forums and twitter and facebook by pro mccanns, a million times worse than what they are saying Brenda did. Where was Brunt then, where was he doorstepping the pros discussing running Amaral over with big truck!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 0:16

Well said, LJC.

Brunt will have to go to the inquest.
He will have to explain how he came by that disgusting dossier.
He owes that to her family.
Name names, Brunt.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 0:19

That's true, there will have to be a Coroner's Inquest, and these are always public. Brunt will have to give evidence, as a witness, under oath. And face poor Brenda's family in court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 6 Oct - 0:19

His report broke Sky's own editorial guidelines, he needs to be brought to account for this.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Mon 6 Oct - 0:58

cherry1 wrote:His report broke Sky's own editorial guidelines, he needs to be brought to account for this.

I've just sent this email to him:

martin.brunt@bskyb.com

Dear Mr Brunt

You are no better than the 2 Australian DJs who drove a nurse to suicide.

Brenda Leyland was only expressing the exact same sentiments that the fragrant Kate McCann wished upon Dr. Amaral - except her self-declared wishes for him were far worse than anything said by Brenda Leyland about the McCanns.

Why don't you pursue the story of what the incredible cadaver and blood dogs found in the McCann's holiday apartment? So much for there being no evidence that Madeleine came to any harm. Nobody else died in that apartment prior to the McCanns stay there.

You are welcome to doorstep me too if you feel so inclined. There's a lot I'd like to say to you. In the meantime I can only hope that your actions, and the tragic suicide of Brenda Leyland, will prove to be the catalyst which ends with the truth about the McCanns and their 'missing' daughter.

Regards
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 6 Oct - 1:13

almostgothic wrote:Well said, LJC.

Brunt will have to go to the inquest.
He will have to explain how he came by that disgusting dossier.
He owes that to her family.
Name names, Brunt.

That is going to be a big part of the inquest - how did he get the "dossier"?  McCanns? Murdoch? Mitchell?  If  in fact it had been handed to the police as has been reported, did Brunt have an advance copy?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 6 Oct - 1:26

those are also my questions interested and how did the msm pick up the report were they briefed by anyone?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 6 Oct - 6:31

winjoy wrote:
cherry1 wrote:His report broke Sky's own editorial guidelines, he needs to be brought to account for this.

I've just sent this email to him:

martin.brunt@bskyb.com

Dear Mr Brunt

You are no better than the 2 Australian DJs who drove a nurse to suicide.  

Brenda Leyland was only expressing the exact same sentiments that the fragrant Kate McCann wished upon Dr. Amaral - except her self-declared wishes for him were far worse than anything said by Brenda Leyland about the McCanns.

Why don't you pursue the story of what the incredible cadaver and blood dogs found in the McCann's holiday apartment?  So much for there being no evidence that Madeleine came to any harm. Nobody else died in that apartment prior to the McCanns stay there.

You are welcome to doorstep me too if you feel so inclined.  There's a lot I'd like to say to you. In the meantime I can only hope that your actions, and the tragic suicide of Brenda Leyland, will prove to be the catalyst which ends with the truth about the McCanns and their 'missing' daughter.

Regards

Well done winjoy Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 5 Icon_flower

Sky News along with Martin Brunt behaved disgracefully. I hope Brenda's family take legal action against Sky and Brunt. The McCanns, who are the root cause of Madeleine's disappearance, have never had any problem taking legal action against the media and they had no problem taking legal action against Tony Bennett.

If any good is to come out of Brenda's death, it is that this that Operation Grange do whatever they can, to help the PJ bring the McCanns to justice. I don't know if the PJ would be allowed to take the McCanns word that they left Madeleine, Sean and Amelie, unsupervised in their unlocked apartment and Madeleine disappeared while they were out, but it would be worth a try. The case has never been closed, only shelved and the McCanns have never been cleared of any offence, because they never went to court.

What they admitted to was against the Portuguese law and the fact that the McCanns stated that Madeleine disappeared, while they were out, carries a long jail sentence.

The Portuguese penal code, which is in the link below, quite clearly states what happens when a child under 12 is left alone and what happens if the child comes to harm during that period.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/mccanns-blog-mccanns-fund-mccanns-alert.html

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 6 Oct - 7:42

AFP article ( more balanced)

http://www.afp.com/en/news/briton-accused-online-abuse-mccanns-found-dead

Briton accused of online abuse of McCanns found dead
06 Oct 2014

AFP / Patricia de Melo Moreira

Kate McCann (L) and her husband Gerry McCann (R), parents of missing British youngster Madeleine McCann, talk to the press in Lisbon on July 8, 2014

A British woman accused by a television station of directing Twitter abuse at the parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann has been found dead, press reports said on Sunday.

Brenda Leyland, 63, was confronted on the street by a Sky News reporter who accused her of being in a group of online "trolls" who directed abuse at the McCanns, whose daughter has been missing since 2007.

Asked by reporter Martin Brunt "Why are you using your Twitter account to attack the McCanns?" Leyland replied "I'm entitled to do that."

Told that her activities had been reported to police, Leyland replied "That's fair enough". The filmed encounter was aired on British television on Wednesday.

The BBC reported that Leyland was found dead in a hotel in Leicester, in the East Midlands of England on Saturday.

A police spokesman said that officers were called "to reports of a body of a woman in a hotel room".

"Identification of the deceased is a matter for the coroner. The death is not being treated as suspicious," the spokesman said.

British press have reported that police are investigating abuse on social media towards the McCanns.

The couple were initially named as suspects in their three-year-old daughter's disappearance while on holiday in Portugal, but were cleared of any involvement.

The unsolved disappearance of Madeleine, one of the most publicised in recent times, has given rise to numerous conspiracy theories.

On Friday, Madeleine's father Gerry McCann told BBC radio that his wife Kate and their nine-year-old twins had been threatened online.

"There have been other instances where people are threatening to kidnap our children. People are threatening violence against Kate and myself," McCann said.

"I do think we need to make examples of people who are causing damage."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 6 Oct - 10:40

They are discussing it on LBC. It's sickening what they are saying.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 6 Oct - 10:50

Anyone who is famous or in the public eye is always going to be gossiped about. That's life. The papers started gossip columns and the papers have always been quick to ridicule people that they take a dislike to. I will always remember the former England Manager, Graham Taylor was it? He was called Turnip Head or something similar and the papers had a campaign to get him out of the England job. What is that then if it is not harassment? Journalists are the worst for this type of thing. How then can a journalist condemn another person for using offensive language on a forum read my millions when they invented the idea?

At the end of the day Brenda Leyland was just an ordinary lady. What makes my blood boil is that journalists do the same thing and they get paid for it, slapped on the back, well done, we got that awful bloody manager out of the England job by publicly crucifying him.

What's the difference. If you do this professionally is it legal? No of course it is not or what was Leveson all about?

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 10:53

Katie Hopkins in Madeleine McCann Twitter storm after asking 'how many must die' before parents accept their 'negligence'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/katie-hopkins-madeleine-mccann-twitter-4387808#ixzz3FMC5IKhN
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 11:03

Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar 2h1 hour ago
If the McCanns are not on Twitter, question must be asked who pointed out to media the so called trolling of the McCanns by Brenda Leyland
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 6 Oct - 11:07

"Last night the McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple – who have nine-year-old twins Sean and Amelie –were aware of the news.

He added: “Kate and Gerry will not be saying anything. It is entirely a matter for the police.”

How convenient!

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 11:25

They may not be saying anything ...

We, on the other hand, will be saying PLENTY ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next