Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Redwood is retiring

+14
kitti
jassi
Krisy22
Angelina
maebee
jeanmonroe
pennylane
AnnaEsse
mara thon
almostgothic
Claudia79
chrissie
fred
Keela
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Andy Redwood is retiring Empty Andy Redwood is retiring

Post  chrissie Fri 5 Dec - 12:17

Danny Shaw @DannyShawBBC · 1h 1 hour ago

Detective heading #Madeleine #McCann inquiry is retiring. DCI Andy Redwood will hand over to DCI Nicola Wall.

Danny Shaw @DannyShawBBC · 1h 1 hour ago

Scotland Yard team going to Portugal Monday for "further enquiries".DCI Wall to meet Portuguese authorities later in week #MadeleineMcCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton

DCI Nicola Wall, of Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command, will take over Op Grange on December 22 #McCann

Met Police Operation Grange team to fly to Portugal on Monday to "continue inquiries" #McCann

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Andy Redwood is retiring Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Andy Redwood is retiring Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Andy Redwood is retiring Empty Re: Andy Redwood is retiring

Post  Keela Fri 5 Dec - 12:57

chrissie wrote:
Danny Shaw @DannyShawBBC  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Detective heading #Madeleine #McCann inquiry is retiring. DCI Andy Redwood will hand over to DCI Nicola Wall.

Scotland Yard team going to Portugal Monday for "further enquiries".DCI Wall to meet Portuguese authorities later in week #MadeleineMcCann

DCI Nicola Wall, of Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command, will take over Op Grange on December 22 #McCann

Met Police Operation Grange team to fly to Portugal on Monday to "continue inquiries" #McCann

Pity he didn't retire years ago. Will the new DCI find anything else? Don't think so. She will go over old ground and come up with zilch. Homicide and Major Crime? think the title tells us everything we need to know. SY know that it is a homicide and/or major crime. Why won't they just look in the right direction for once.
Nice to see that she had decided to come to Portugal now that the weather is a bit better although it is a tad chilly in the mornings. It will still be warmer than UK. Winter sun will do her the power of good.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Andy Redwood is retiring Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Andy Redwood is retiring Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 5 Dec - 13:12

Keela wrote:
chrissie wrote:

Pity he didn't retire years ago. Will the new DCI find anything else? Don't think so. She will go over old ground and come up with zilch. Homicide and Major Crime? think the title tells us everything we need to know. SY know that it is a homicide and/or major crime. Why won't they just look in the right direction for once.
Nice to see that she had decided to come to Portugal now that the weather is a bit better although it is a tad chilly in the mornings. It will still be warmer than UK. Winter sun will do her the power of good.

There might be a chance that she sees the light keela, or maybe not.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 5 Dec - 14:16

I think the only light she is likely to see is when dawn breaks. She will be just the same as her predecessor. Will only be looking anywhere but at the parents where the vision (not the word I was looking for )should be.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 5 Dec - 14:35

Let's hope she will take a fresh approach; go back to the beginning and for god's sake read the PJ files!! (paying particular attention to the dog alerts!!)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 5 Dec - 15:08

If SY thought she was taking a fresh view, then I pretty sure, she wouldn't have been appointed!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 5 Dec - 15:15

I'm still cautiously optimistic Andy Redwood is retiring 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 5 Dec - 16:00

Madeleine #McCann parents thank DCI Redwood for his `commitment' during search for their daughter. `We don't think he could have done more.'
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 5 Dec - 16:46

fred wrote:If SY thought she was taking a fresh view, then I pretty sure, she wouldn't have been appointed!!

I agree fred, I am just wondering that now we have this new person, does that mean another three years, or however long they have been carrying on this charade? I forget.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 5 Dec - 20:27

chrissie wrote:

Madeleine #McCann parents thank DCI Redwood for his `commitment' during search for their daughter. `We don't think he could have done more.'

I agree. I think they have lots of reasons to be grateful.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 5 Dec - 20:27

fuzeta wrote:
fred wrote:If SY thought she was taking a fresh view, then I pretty sure, she wouldn't have been appointed!!

I agree fred, I am just wondering that now we have this new person, does that mean another three years, or however long they have been carrying on this charade?  I forget.

What worries me is that Andy Redwood was planning to interview people who had been around on the night Madeleine disappeared. Did that mean he was looking for anything suspicious in terms of what the tapas crew were doing? If so, could he have been persuaded to retire because he might have been getting too close to finding evidence against Kate and Gerry and they have brought in a new person to do a better whitewash?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 5 Dec - 21:00

I'd like to see Jane Tennison take over the investigation. She would quickly determine the initial child (children) abandonment aspect of the case and take it from there, focussing on the parents.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 5 Dec - 21:54

I'm sure Ms Wall will be au fait with all things McCann by Christmas.
I think Mr Redwood's retirement has been organised to coincide with the next phase of the investigation - -we've seen how the next lot of questioning appears to be 'much closer to home'.

But oh dear, look at this in the doom-laden Gimp Mirror ...

Madeleine McCann top cop quits: ''This does send a certain kind of message''

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-top-cop-quits-4756701

A source close to the inquiry said ......  Andy Redwood is retiring 294124

The Pink One wants us to be pessimistic.
So I'm going to be the opposite.
I'm funny that way ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Dec - 7:42

almostgothic wrote:I'm sure Ms Wall will be au fait with all things McCann by Christmas.
I think Mr Redwood's retirement has been organised to coincide with the next phase of the investigation - -we've seen how the next lot of questioning appears to be 'much closer to home'.

But oh dear, look at this in the doom-laden Gimp Mirror ...

Madeleine McCann top cop quits: ''This does send a certain kind of message''

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-top-cop-quits-4756701

A source close to the inquiry said ......  Andy Redwood is retiring 294124

The Pink One wants us to be pessimistic.
So I'm going to be the opposite.
I'm funny that way ...

jeez, she look old. Andy Redwood is retiring 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Dec - 8:17

AnnaEsse wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

I agree fred, I am just wondering that now we have this new person, does that mean another three years, or however long they have been carrying on this charade?  I forget.

What worries me is that Andy Redwood was planning to interview people who had been around on the night Madeleine disappeared. Did that mean he was looking for anything suspicious in terms of what the tapas crew were doing? If so, could he have been persuaded to retire because he might have been getting too close to finding evidence against Kate and Gerry and they have brought in a new person to do a better whitewash?

still think it was a cover up? no, quite likely headed the way i suggested a while ago. working from the outside in they're pretty much done with eliminating every lead and theory known to man and are facing up to the only theory left for which they have indicative evidence but zip proof. sad but true.

Andy Redwood is retiring 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 6 Dec - 8:42

I think this may be end of.

Either finale coat of white wash or in for the kill. IMO times up.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 6 Dec - 9:26

Krisy22 wrote:I think this may be end of.

Either finale coat of white wash or in for the kill. IMO times up.

I'm with you there. Too much money has been spent and that has attracted a great deal of criticism. So, I reckon they'll have to close it one way or the other.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 6 Dec - 9:41

One encouraging factor is that an aspiring female DCI will have her eye on promotion to greater things and will not want to a associated with a failed investigation.

On the other hand this may make her desperate for a convenient solution, irrespective of the truth.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 6 Dec - 10:02

jassi wrote:One encouraging factor is that an aspiring female  DCI  will have her eye on promotion to greater things and will not want to a associated with a failed investigation.

On the other hand this may make her desperate for a convenient solution, irrespective of the truth.

I think I´ll go with your second option.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 6 Dec - 10:15

mara thon wrote:
jassi wrote:One encouraging factor is that an aspiring female  DCI  will have her eye on promotion to greater things and will not want to a associated with a failed investigation.

I'm afraid I'm going with the second option. I think Andy Redwood just wasn't closing the case down quickly enough. That, or he was in danger of incriminating the McCanns! I think the UK government needed a patsy and an excuse to close it all down.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Dec - 10:20

AnnaEsse wrote:
mara thon wrote:

I'm afraid I'm going with the second option. I think Andy Redwood just wasn't closing the case down quickly enough. That, or he was in danger of incriminating the McCanns! I think the UK government needed a patsy and an excuse to close it all down.

why do you think it's a cover up? Andy Redwood is retiring 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Dec - 10:25

yawls collective pessimism seems to ignore the fact that unless definitive evidence of an abduction as described, not forgetting jane tanner's version of events has been trashed by this review as have the timelines put forward by the rest of the crew, is produced then the mccanns can never truly be free of suspicion given the indicative evidence of a death in the apartment. and you may just all have to settle for that.

Andy Redwood is retiring 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 6 Dec - 10:26

We all know the ending.

Madeleine could be alive or could be dead.

Madeleine could off been murdered in the apt by a burglar.

Madeleine could off been taken by a lone pedophile .

Madeleine could off been taken by a pedophile gang.

Madeleine was murdered then abducted !

Madeleine was abducted then murdered.

I'm afraid it's too late to go back from....'did you kill Madeleine' because that statement can't be undone ..no doubt the mccanns will .....'there's no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm' even though being taken away from her family for 7 years is surely the worse harm a child could suffer...then carry on with the 'fund' to find an 'unharmed and recoverable, albeit as one off the family has said..damaged...Madeleine'
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 6 Dec - 10:30

And that is the price the mccanns will have to pay for lying...forever in there own purgatory.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 6 Dec - 11:13

Claudia79 wrote:
chrissie wrote:

I agree. I think they have lots of reasons to be grateful.

Oh yes, especially considering they should both be in the slammer!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next