Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sonia poulton

+12
chrissie
Krisy22
wjk
jassi
pennylane
kitti
frencheuropean
princess_leia
interested
fuzeta
jinvta
tanszi
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

sonia poulton Empty sonia poulton

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 10:55

Babalou ‏@B_balou Jan 24
@_DarkMavis @tonybooth20 Fr Jack in particular is furious with S. She reckons that Sonia has doorstepped Kate. Don't know if true.

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton 28 mins28 minutes ago
@B_balou @_DarkMavis @tonybooth20 It's true. It's my job to seek answers. I tried route of requesting interview. This is public interest.

hmmm, rothley leaflet drop springs to mind here and look how that turned out. has she done a bennett?

sonia poulton 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

sonia poulton Empty Re: sonia poulton

Post  jassi Tue 27 Jan - 11:15

Marky wrote:Babalou ‏@B_balou Jan 24
@_DarkMavis @tonybooth20 Fr Jack in particular is furious with S. She reckons that Sonia has doorstepped Kate. Don't know if true.

@B_balou @_DarkMavis @tonybooth20 It's true. It's my job to seek answers. I tried route of requesting interview. This is public interest.

hmmm, rothley leaflet drop springs to mind here and look how that turned out. has she done a bennett?

sonia poulton 303636

I suppose that as she is a journalist, this action is more justifiable than for an ordinary member of the public. The media has form for this sort of thing.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
sonia poulton Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100sonia poulton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 11:21

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:Babalou ‏@B_balou Jan 24

sonia poulton 303636

I suppose that as she is a journalist, this action is more justifiable than for an ordinary member of the public. The media has form for this sort of thing.

well, i was thinking of the fall out rather than the justification which is a whole different issue and i'm sure you know where that'll end up.

sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 27 Jan - 12:23

not sure that's a good thing. I was outraged at the doorstepping of Brenda Leyland, and Brunts tactics, im not outraged at the doorstepping of kmCc I just don't think it appropriate journalist or not and im no fan of the McCs on the other hand whilst I don't condone it I understand it bearing in mind the obfuscation by the McCs that they hadn't seen the dossier, or read it, but BHH said the MCCs handed it to the police.. im surprised it isn't all over the media, with comments from KmC and the spokesperson.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 27 Jan - 12:33

The spokesman is on his 100 day countdown with destiny and perhaps hasn't time for more trivial things at present.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 12:54

tanszi wrote:not sure that's a good thing.  I was outraged at the doorstepping of Brenda Leyland, and Brunts tactics, im not outraged at the doorstepping of kmCc  I just don't think it appropriate journalist or not and im no fan of the McCs  on the other hand whilst I don't condone it I understand it bearing in mind the obfuscation by the McCs that they hadn't seen the dossier, or read it, but BHH said the MCCs handed it to the police..  im surprised it isn't all over the media, with comments from KmC and the spokesperson.

hmmm, reluctant condemnation on your part methinks. let's hope it don't get into the media as you know which way it'll be spun. stupid little stunts like this at this particular time just play into certain hands.

sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 27 Jan - 13:19

Difficult to know which way it will go.
If THEY make a song and dance about, then it gives free publicity for the forthcoming documentary, whereas if ignored, it may all pass unnoticed.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 13:30

jassi wrote:Difficult to know which way it will go.
If THEY make a song and dance about, then it gives free publicity for the forthcoming documentary, whereas if ignored, it may all pass unnoticed.

not certain they have much of a say, more of a media call as in what will they do with it. sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 27 Jan - 13:42

Marky wrote:

not certain they have much of a say, more of a media call as in what will they do with it. sonia poulton 25346

Well maybe, but they have a habit of 'influencing' the press when it suits.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 13:56

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:

Well maybe, but they have a habit of 'influencing' the press when it suits.

the media were largely sympathetic towards martin brunt whom they felt was justified in pursuing the brenda leykand story and that includes the manner in which he pursued it which, to be honest, wasn't anything like the way it was painted on this or other forums. they may see this little episode as a response to those who were greatly outraged and report accordingly. the mccanns may be able to nudge them along but by and large i think it'll be a media call. or maybe they won't. after all, who the hell is sonia poulton?

sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 27 Jan - 14:31

I was disgusted with the whole Brenda Leyland episode. Thought it was dreadful.  I really cant condone any form of doorstepping by the media. My opinion of course.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 14:32

Krisy22 wrote:I was disgusted with the whole Brenda Leyland episode. Thought it was dreadful.  I really cant condone any form of doorstepping by the media.

and sonia poulton? sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 27 Jan - 14:42

Marky wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:I was disgusted with the whole Brenda Leyland episode. Thought it was dreadful.  I really cant condone any form of doorstepping by the media.

If its true Marky No I don't agree with it. sonia poulton 857143
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 14:47

Krisy22 wrote:
Marky wrote:

If its true Marky  No I don't agree with it.  sonia poulton 857143

well, it's true. she admitted to it. just to make some so called documentary that almost nobody'll watch. i really don't know why people like her and bennett don't shut up and let the police do their job because if this case is going to have an ending, those two won't be writing it.

sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 27 Jan - 15:03

I do admire the people like Sonia that are trying to get some truth out of this long winded affair. It has just really got to people the sheer injustice of the way people have been treated. All those families disrupted by it and the lies told.

I still think you should be able to open your own home door in peace and safety . Who ever you are. IMHO.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 15:16

Krisy22 wrote:I do admire the people like Sonia that are trying to get some truth out of this long winded affair. It has just really got to people the sheer injustice of the way people have been treated. All those families disrupted by it and the lies told.  

I still think you should be able to open your own home door in peace and safety . Who ever you are.  IMHO.

sonia poulton's interests are like bennett's. self serving. this case is just an excuse. they have and will do more harm than good.

sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 27 Jan - 16:00

I just wonder how close Sonia Poulton would actually get to the mccanns door step ?

I am sure they would have some form of security in place for such events.

Apart from that i would have hoped Sonia would have taken someone with her to record the effort.

The papers will get hold of it and spin it very much in favour of the poor suffering parents assuming they are still on side,that will be interesting to see.

Not unreasonable under normal circumstances for a 'reporter' to go asking for a comment from the plaintiff following a ruling in one of the biggest libel trials around,at the moment !

Not terribly wise following the 'doorstepping' of Brenda Leyland imo.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 27 Jan - 16:18

I don't know what the laws are in the UK regarding "public persons". While I agree that we should all be able to open our front door with a degree of privacy, I believe Brenda Leyland was not considered a public person (that is until Martin Brunt met up with her).

I believe the McCanns have made sure that they are very public persons. On this side of the Atlantic, "public persons" are frequently approached for comment by the press without incident or charges laid.

interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 27 Jan - 16:42

Trying to find the tweet of Sonia Poulton on twitter ( couldn't find it) I found on spudgun' twitter account this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8OldPxIYAAd4pJ.jpg:large
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 27 Jan - 16:49

Jim's picked it up:

Jim Gamble ‏@JimGamble_INEQE 1m1 minute ago

Given everything ‘so called Journalist’ @SoniaPoulton said re #sweepyface doorstepping the mother of a missing child is disgusting hypocrisy
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 27 Jan - 17:07

chrissie wrote:Jim's picked it up:

Jim Gamble ‏@JimGamble_INEQE 1m1 minute ago

Given everything ‘so called Journalist’ @SoniaPoulton said re #sweepyface doorstepping the mother of a missing child is disgusting hypocrisy

Well coming from a 'so called child protection expert' his opinion counts for nothing
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 27 Jan - 17:26

and the fact that JG thought Brunt did a good job. Marky I don't condone it. I understand that some might want to do the same to the mCcs in a manner that is similar to that meted to Brenda Leyland, I havent yet seen an all day long flash tape of the incident nor it appearing on all the major news channels and in the printed media. it seems the McCs were in agreement with that action with Brenda Leyland because they didn't speak out against it and wanted examples made of people. Im not entirely sure what Sonia Poulton did to who where or when, but I don't condone it.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 27 Jan - 18:25

Until I get confirmation as to exactly what Sonia Poulton did or didn't do, I will reserve judgment. Right now it all appears to be just rumors and hearsay, but all the speculation certainly makes me want to see her documentary.

I agree that the McCanns are public figures, as opposed to Brenda Leyland who was not, and different rules apply to public figures with regards to privacy.

I suppose the question is not why has Sonia Poulton doorsteped the McCanns, but how have the McCanns avoided doorstepping by journalists for so many years with all of the inconsistencies spewed from their mouths and unanswered questions?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan - 19:33

tanszi wrote:and the fact that JG thought Brunt did a good job.  Marky I don't condone it.  I understand that some might want to do the same to the mCcs in a manner that is similar to that meted to Brenda Leyland, I havent yet seen an all day long flash tape of the incident nor it appearing on all  the major news channels and in the printed media.   it seems the McCs were in agreement with that action with Brenda Leyland  because they didn't speak out against it and wanted examples made of people.   Im not entirely sure what Sonia Poulton did to who where or when, but I don't condone it.

confusing huh tanszi? this isn't about madeleine any more, at least not where these muppets are concerned and that includes bennett, poulson and ever one who thinks they are some sort of super heroes after truth and justice. it's all about them. brenda leyland is just a distraction. the only ones who have the child's interests at heart are the police, both here and in portugal. let them do their job.

sonia poulton 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Tue 27 Jan - 19:53

Anyone who condones and justifies the doorstepping of Brenda Leyland by Martin Brunt yet decries and deplores the doorstepping of the McCann's by journalist Sonia Poulton is, in my opinion, a hypocrite.

Personally, I do not condone the doorstepping by journalists of either Brenda Leyland or the McCann's.

As for Sonia Poulton's documentary, I will reserve judgement until I have seen it.
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content