Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

+3
pennylane
Judge Dread
margaret
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Article on Internet trolls in The Sun Empty Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest Sat 31 Jan - 13:31

Re: THE SUN NEWSPAPER TODAY - Cristobell Interview 31.1.15
Post Russian Doll Today at 1:14 pm

This is a watershed moment imo. I was accused by TB some weeks ago of being the instigator of the he's working for the McCanns when I have never even agreed with anyone proposing that theory. Now we have TB and his usual innuendo saying that it looks as if by working with Murdoch media SP and Ros look more like fitting the bill.

The whole thing is now ridiculous. Madeleine has been lost in personal abuse on twitter and forum and blog vendettas.

Russian Doll

Back to top Go down

the last line of this post just about sums it all up. well, you wanted the attention and you got it. live with it.

Article on Internet trolls in The Sun 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Article on Internet trolls in The Sun Empty Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest Sat 31 Jan - 14:03

having reread that thread the opinion i'm forming is that if christobell has been misquoted etc, she seems determined to avoid doing anything about it which of course begs the question...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 31 Jan - 17:39

Oh dear. Not good IMO.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Article on Internet trolls in The Sun Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Article on Internet trolls in The Sun Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 31 Jan - 20:00

Krisy22 wrote:Oh dear. Not good IMO.  

yup, they don't learn. Article on Internet trolls in The Sun 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Sat 31 Jan - 22:09

Cristobell has written a piece about THE SUN article on her blog... Check it out...

http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Article on Internet trolls in The Sun Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Article on Internet trolls in The Sun Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 31 Jan - 22:46

Judge Dread wrote:Cristobell has written a piece about THE SUN article on her blog... Check it out...

I see the bottom post was my quote from the other forum! I agree with the comment it's not what was said but how it as said, cristobell seems to revel in what she says. Terrible.

Nobody is going to be questioning the mccann trolls because they will think that the response was justified in light of Cristobell enjoying provoking them.

She's been stitched up like a kipper and can't see it.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 31 Jan - 22:59

margaret wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:Cristobell has written a piece about THE SUN article on her blog... Check it out...

I see the bottom post was my quote from the other forum!  I agree with the comment it's not what was said but how it as said, cristobell seems to revel in what she says. Terrible.

Nobody is going to be questioning the mccann trolls because they will think that the response was justified in light of Cristobell enjoying provoking them.

She's been stitched up like a kipper and can't see it.

I entirely agree Margaret. I had somehow thought with the paper involved ...it was all to good to be true.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Feb - 8:30

Re: THE SUN NEWSPAPER TODAY - Cristobell Interview 31.1.15
Post Cristobell Yesterday at 11:00 pm

So the demand is that I place all details of my conversations, emails, drafts, etc, ie. the entire extent of my evidence, should a libel trial ever arise, on an open public forum? Indeed, get myself involved in a detailed discussion about what if any action I should take, what my proposals are and how I should go about it.

That the publishing of such materials and the discussion of the evidence will immediately rule out any possibility of my getting an apology, a retraction or a withdrawal of said offending statements, matters not - it will give us all something to talk about.

Goodnight.

Cristobell

well, thats either sensible or convenient. Article on Internet trolls in The Sun 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Sun 1 Feb - 10:37

She has done herself no favours, just my oplnion.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Feb - 13:15

chrissie wrote:She has done herself no favours, just my oplnion.

doesn't look like she's stopped digging yet. Article on Internet trolls in The Sun 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Sun 1 Feb - 15:14

Just read the article in THE SUN.

I honestly can't see anything particularly wrong with it.

I certainly don't see that it shows her in a bad light.

And why some people are panicking over this is beyond me...

Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Feb - 18:07

On reflection, the mention of the McCanns is almost irrelevant. The article is more about what can happen when people who are sometimes vulnerable get involved with Internet forums and chat rooms.

You can meet some good friends but there are also some unsavoury people who exploit the anonymity which the Internet offers and behave appallingly.

Inevitably though, someone who is known to be a McCann sceptic rather than, say a supporter of a particular football team, will attract a lot of attention, much of it of the wrong kind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 1 Feb - 20:37

Its probably time to move on from this.

Nothing to be gained by focusing on a light weight News paper. I am sure the whole thing was done with the very best of intentions by those concerned. IMO.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Feb - 10:36

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t544-cristobell-interview-correspondence-documentation-assessed-and-verified-by-moderator

It won't come as a surprise to anyone to learn that Cristobell's article was changed in a negative way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 2 Feb - 10:50

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t544-cristobell-interview-correspondence-documentation-assessed-and-verified-by-moderator

It won't come as a surprise to anyone to learn that Cristobell's article was changed in a negative way.

No surprise whatsoever, NBY.  Sadly I don't think there's any other way to try and get a message out there and hope that parts do get through.  Anyone who tries knows they will be dragged through the mud, and I think it takes a certain type of person to be willing to attempt it in the first place.    It's either that or sit back and chat behind closed doors.  I'm not going to condemn someone for trying to make a difference.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 2 Feb - 11:22

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t544-cristobell-interview-correspondence-documentation-assessed-and-verified-by-moderator

Thanks for that NBY.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 10:32

A new post from Dr Martin Roberts which describes the in-fighting that has been going on in some places recently.

Gone With The Wind, 02 February 2015

EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts

Once upon a time there was a little girl who disappeared under mysterious circumstances in Portugal. Thanks to the reach of the mainstream media and, above all, the internet, the case was discussed worldwide. People were concerned that an infant could be abducted from child-friendly holiday accommodation overseas. Others were concerned as to whether they were actually being told the truth.

These concerns, for child welfare, truth, and justice, have spanned nearly eight years. But, as the earth has rotated and the sun illuminated other areas of the forest, vines have gained a foot-hold and now bedeck the canopy. Scarcely visible as such, it is little more than a mass of aerial weeds scrambling for support, the more significant foliage all but forgotten. And beneath, in the darkness, who knows what remains hidden? Peer Gynt? Trolls?

Indeed we are all now witnesses to a squalid evolution. Whereas the focus was once upon the identification of whoever might have removed the little girl from her locked/unlocked apartment, attention has now drifted to the identification of outsiders, members of the wider public (opinion holders, not formers), as subscribers to one or another camp, resident in one or another patch of darkness, deep in a forest of ignorance. In the Hall of the Mountain King it's considered important to recognise the trolls, although the Mountain King himself is occupied elsewhere.

And once the ravages of this civil war have ceased, what will have been established? Certain reputations may have been laid waste, others buried even deeper in the slime from which they strove to emerge. And those who merely wanted to see the wood for the trees, but were denied a clear view by the rampant undergrowth; what will they have to say? In the immortal words of Rhett Butler, echoed in song by Billy Joel: 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn'.

There's a Sasquatch in that forest somewhere. Its name begins with 'M'. And we WILL find it, without either help or interference from trolls, of any complexion.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 4 Feb - 14:16

Thank you NBY x I would have been more than surprised if it had not been negative. I am just surprised anyone else was.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 15:28

It has produced hot air from many areas - the worst from the pros of course but we'd be disappointed if they didn't cackle over their cauldrons - but also a lot from people who don't believe the McCanns and who really should know better.

Oh well, it will blow over in a day or two, I feel sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 16:18

Not Born Yesterday wrote: - but also a lot from people who don't believe the McCanns and who really should know better.  

ah, so much for 'everyone is entitled to their opinion' then. Article on Internet trolls in The Sun 25346

Last edited by Marky on Wed 4 Feb - 16:53; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 16:37

To clarify that, I meant the ones who by their language and bad attitudes, are indistinguishable from the worst of the pro McCanns.

I can understand people getting hot under the collar about the article in the form it appeared but they need to debate without being foul-mouthed and listening when told that it was misleading in several important respects.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 16:59

Not Born Yesterday wrote:To clarify that, I meant the ones who by their language and bad attitudes, are indistinguishable from the worst of the pro McCanns.

I can understand people getting hot under the collar about the article in the form it appeared but they need to debate without being foul-mouthed and listening when told that it was misleading in several important respects.

ah, now i would they would have limited their comments to the newspaper and journalist concerned not the subject. there are a good few who harbour doubts about the mccanns version of event but have concerns over this particular situation. it certainly seemed your comment was directed at them which is at odds with your policy of free and fair debate.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 19:31

anyways, it all seems to have decended into what could best be described as messy little spat between two forums. best left alone methinks. nothing to do with the case in hand although to be fair it's been like that a while now. maybe longer.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 4 Feb - 20:01

I would rather spend the rest of my forum life debating Boris Johnsons cycling skills with Panda than involve myself with the sick forum wars going on between CMoMM and MMM.

I'm coming back to the relative sanctuary of this place which is now demonstrating a degree of intelligence far beyond that of those two forums put together.

What the hell is wrong with people !

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum