Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When?

+2
kitti
malena stool
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Empty Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When?

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Dec - 19:17

Can anyone come up with a link for when the McCanns said they were the only ones searching for Madeleine, please? Thanks!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Empty Re: Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When?

Post  malena stool Sat 26 Dec - 19:32

Is this what you are searching for AnnaEsse?

By Dr Martin Roberts
20 December 2009

A STOCKING FILLER

And why not? Continuing the on-going theme of 'bloomers' by the McCanns and their various spokespeople, a stocking is merely more appropriate apparel for one's metaphorical foot than the oral variety preferred by the McCanns.

Just a few days ago we heard the not so edifying account of how a couple's foiled attempt at intimidation inside a court of law was transmuted into an act of piety, in the shape of a pilgrimage to Praia da Luz (well it justified the air fare at least). With the McCanns' penchant for comment unabated, the waiting world was treated to gaffes at both ends of their crusading compass.

The Sun newspaper of 12 December recalls the following:

'Gerry said: "There is an innocent child missing here and this is what this is about. It's not about freedom of speech but the search for our daughter."

'Standing by his side at the entrance to Lisbon's Palace of Justice an emotional Kate said: "Freedom of speech should not outweigh the rights of human beings."' (Especially since it is a right of human beings, Kate. Or are you wishing to imply that, like lesser species, the rest of us can do without it?).

Ironically, Kate informs us via the Daily Mirror (also 12 December) that "Freedom of speech should not include distortion of the truth, lies, fabrication and slander," all criteria from which her own speech acts demonstrably suffer. We have the evidence: 'Gerry hardly ever sent a text message until after Madeleine was taken' (But hardly ever sending any in no way accounts for deleting a baker's dozen previously received. Hence distortion of the truth). 'If what happened hadn't happened' it wouldn't have occurred to Kate to mention the crying incident to the PJ (Except she did mention it, three times, at dinner, before it had happened at all. Lies therefore). 'They were watching us, I'm sure.' (Fabrication). And as for Goncalo Amaral, he was simply 'a disgrace' both as a person and a professional wasn't he? (Slander). Yes, Kate McCann is well and truly conversant with behaviours inappropriate to Freedom of Speech.

Gerry's myopia takes the same form as that from which Admiral Nelson once suffered - deliberate monocular perspective. The injunction against Goncalo Amaral was granted in light of a claim that it was libellous, i.e. insinuating that Madeleine was dead and that the parents were somehow involved. As the Daily Mirror clarifies:

'Gerry, also 41, yesterday said the furore over Amaral's book threatened to obscure the fact that the McCanns were still searching for Madeleine.'

If the search per se is at risk of being overshadowed by the court case in question it can hardly be an aspect of it. Furthermore, in all the time the disputed book has been available to the public, has it ever interfered with the keystone cops' adventures in Europe and beyond, 'leaving no stone unturned' in Scandinavia, Iberia and the Antipodes? From the other perspective however, we notice a continuation of the McCanns' opening gambit: to subdue the one man who has not only cleared a path to the truth but is prepared to point it out publicly.

'He added: "There is an innocent child missing here and that's what this is about. We are here to fight for our daughter. We are the only people who will do it and continue to do it."‘
The only people who will fight for their daughter indeed? If Gerry sold his car, would he remain the only person entitled to drive it? Madeleine was made a Ward of Court remember, and at the McCanns' request ("I can state that, on the instigation of Gerry and Kate McCann, Madeleine is a ward of the High Court of England and Wales." - Clarence Mitchell, 20.6.2008). The application was made just weeks after Madeleine disappeared and, on the assumption that Madeleine was still alive, the wardship was eventually ratified prior to the lifting of the parents' arguido status; an act which accompanied suspension of the investigation into the child's disappearance. Far from being the only people who will stand up for Madeleine, the McCanns are not now responsible for her even. They have long since abrogated that responsibility to the High Court, a situation summarised within the following definition:

Ward of court - A minor (under 18) who is the subject of a wardship order. The order ensures that the court has custody, with day-to-day care carried out by an individual(s) or local authority. As long as the minor remains a ward of court, all decisions regarding the minor's upbringing must be approved by the court, e.g. transfer to a different school, or medical treatment.

It is quite clearly the case that, as far as Madeleine's well-being is concerned, the buck no longer stops at Rothley.

So we must ask ourselves, not why the McCanns alone are able to 'fight for Madeleine', but why they alone will do so. Put another way, why did the High Court raise no objection whatsoever, via diplomatic or other channels, to the Portuguese desisting in their investigation. And why have they not since demanded, in the best interests of the child, that the case be re-opened in order for the 'search' to continue. Surely the central bastion of British justice has not already acknowledged the futility of that endeavour? If they have, then why are we the public paying the McCanns any attention at all?

Moving forward in time to Praia da Luz and associated pronouncements, the Daily Express (13 December) echoes the following observations:

"Although our pain feels much rawer here, it is comforting at the same time since we feel closer to Madeleine. (Granted, Praia da Luz is marginally nearer Australia than Lisbon).

"We then walked down to the rocks on the beach with its crashing waves and sense of vastness and freedom – another place where I have always felt able to reach out to Madeleine and find a little solace." (Should that have been 'a little crevice'?)

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Express the McCanns' lawyer Isabel Duarte said: "She is eager to be in the place where she left everything. She told me it was very important for her to be in the place where Madeleine had disappeared."

Pardon me, Isabel, but have we been misunderstanding the situation for the past two years? Kate did not leave anything. Her daughter was 'taken', supposedly, and removed to another location altogether. And are we to infer that 'the place where Madeleine disappeared' is better represented by the sea shore, where Kate is happy to look for solace, than their former holiday apartment, which she is apparently too traumatised to visit?

The Daily Express (14 December) paints a similar picture in different tones:

'On Saturday night, the couple, both Roman Catholics, attended a service at the nearby Nossa Senhora da Luz church, which they regularly visited after Madeleine vanished.

'Kate cried during the entire memorial service...'

Now maybe I'm being a touch naïve here (either that or my grasp of English is now sadly out of date), but isn't attending a memorial service rather an odd thing for Kate to have done, especially when, according to Isabel Duarte: "She was crying but she very much believes Madeleine is still alive." What's next, a requiem for the resurrected?

Currently, again according to the Daily Express (18 December), 'Doctors Kate and Gerry, both 41, say in a new message on the Find Madeleine website: "There will be a spare place at the Christmas table again this year. If you know anything, do the right thing and help us fill it."'

If that's an invitation to Christmas Dinner I think I'll pass. The temptation to make mincemeat of others' mendacity would be too great. Still, if it found its way into the pies at least certain people would have the opportunity to eat their words, even if they might not yet know how to deal with the resulting indigestion. There's always Calpol I suppose.

Madeleine McCann's parents in Christmas 'heartbreak'
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Empty Re: Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When?

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Dec - 19:38

Thank you. Yes! I am just starting a blog post on who actually looked for Madeleine. Now, I'm looking for what the McCanns did in the first few days after Maddie's disappearance when they definitely were not searching!

Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 26 Dec - 19:40

AnnaEsse wrote:Thank you. Yes! I am just starting a blog post on who actually looked for Madeleine. Now, I'm looking for what the McCanns did in the first few days after Maddie's disappearance when they definitely were not searching!

Looking forward to reading it. Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? 944533
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Dec - 19:52

malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Thank you. Yes! I am just starting a blog post on who actually looked for Madeleine. Now, I'm looking for what the McCanns did in the first few days after Maddie's disappearance when they definitely were not searching!

Looking forward to reading it. Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? 944533

Thank you! Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? 25346
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 26 Dec - 19:54

I think WE he means...WE in the sense.....the bogus detectives and NOT the PROPER authorities
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Dec - 20:02

kitti wrote:I think WE he means...WE in the sense.....the bogus detectives and NOT the PROPER authorities

Definitely a point worth stressing and also how much actual searching the detectives did.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 26 Dec - 20:19

The bogus P.I.'s supposedly did 'searching' without asking any questions....hmmm...perhaps they were telepathic!

'wheres my NEW dort...ah'................
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Catalina Sun 27 Dec - 8:41

I also remember being gobsmacked when the McCanns said in an interview shown on TV that no police force in the world was now actively looking for Madeleine. Then came a meaningful pause and sad, shocked facial expressions to reinforce the fact that we should all be jumping up and down shouting "No! Surely not! How can this be? Something must be done!"
In fact, the response which immediately came to my mind was "Well, they would be if you had asked for the investigation to be reopened....."
Catalina
Catalina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 84
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 Dec - 13:17

I believe that the Mccanns were the only ones searching when caught in the headlights of a car at approx. 6 am on the morning of 4th May 2007. They were searching for a place to hide the dead body of their child.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 28 Dec - 13:18

lnorton wrote:I believe that the Mccanns were the only ones searching when caught in the headlights of a car at approx. 6 am on the morning of 4th May 2007. They were searching for a place to hide the dead body of their child.

Yes, I believe that too. Probably the only searching they ever did.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 28 Dec - 14:05

I have often wondered why the couple caught in the car headlights never came forward to be eliminated from the enquiry. Did they appeal for them to come forward. I can't recall they did.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 Dec - 15:27

Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? 956518 Maybe they were too embarrassed. I mean, they could have been lying in the middle of the road after that 14 bottles of wine. After all, We've All Been There. Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 28 Dec - 16:18

Wasn't that the ukrainian couple?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 Dec - 17:14

Just read the Article by Martin Roberts that Malena posted a week ago, he sure knows how to get straight to the
point!!!!!

Kate said in her T.V. interview , I think the one with the Woman from the BBC, when asked why she did not go
searching for Madeleine when some Portugese people even took time off work to search " Sigh, Well you know
we were very busy"........doing what exactly?

I think Madeleine must no longer be a Ward of Court because the McCanns could not include her in their Family
suffering charge against Amaral. It would have been the High Court as her Guardian who would have had to be
party to the claim.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 28 Dec - 17:38

I think the Ukranian couple were the ones in the Supermarket caught on camera. Not quite sure though.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 28 Dec - 17:57

They were the ones seen in a layby
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 Dec - 18:11

Badboy wrote:They were the ones seen in a layby

If I remember rightly, a Businessman driving home from Lagos after working late, picked the couple up in his headlights and they turned off the main road into a side road, this was early hours of the morning.Can"t
remember if they were carrying anything.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 28 Dec - 18:26

I AM WRONG ON WHAT I SAID,SORRY
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 28 Dec - 18:27

Badboy wrote:I AM WRONG ON WHAT I SAID,SORRY

No probs. Thank you for trying to be helpful!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 28 Dec - 18:31

tHERE ARE SO MANY`SIGHTINGS ETC,I AM HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING UP

NEEDED AN `INDEX' OF EVERYTHING IN THIS CASE,SO HERE IS NO MUDDLE
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 28 Dec - 18:34

Badboy wrote:tHERE ARE SO MANY`SIGHTINGS ETC,I AM HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING UP

Heee heee! Madeleine McCann was spotted on all five continents, sometimes on the same day!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 28 Dec - 18:37

AnnaEsse wrote:

Heee heee! Madeleine McCann was spotted on all five continents, sometimes on the same day!

wHEN,HERE,HOW
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 Dec - 18:41

Wouldn"t you think that with the World searching for Madeleine (excluding her parents of course Help! The McCanns said they were the only ones searching. When? 25346 )
someone, somewhere would have come forward with valid information in view of the £1.5 million reward?

How on Earth are they going to justify their claim that Madeleine is alive?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 28 Dec - 19:28

Badboy wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

wHEN,HERE,HOW

It's in the book somewhere. I'll let you know when I find it!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next