Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoax e-mails about missing children

Go down

Hoax e-mails about missing children Empty Hoax e-mails about missing children

Post  Guest Wed 10 Feb - 22:49

Don't know why anyone would want to do this as it's sick, but this information was sent to me by one of the Missing Charities I help out:

Hoax e-mails about missing children

Recently more and more emails are being sent, focusing attention on a missing child. Unfortunately these messages, which are sent with the best of intentions, are forwarded to family, friends and acquaintances often weeks after the missing child has already returned. This can be damaging to the child that was missing and generates unnecessary e-mails.

Other than the real messages about children which have already returned, recently messages have started going around about non-existent children that are supposed to be missing.

Therefore, if you receive an email about a missing child, please check that the child is still missing and if you believe that it may be a hoax, please let us know. If you cannot find the child listed as missing, please wait before forwarding this message.

A child that is missing can be placed on the Missing Kids Website and people can visit the site and check the information. Once the child has been found, the information will be removed.

An example of some of these e-mails is shown below** :-

Abducted child hoax

Kent Police are urging the public not to pass on details of a current hoax which is circulating regarding the attempted abduction of a young girl at the Tesco store in Manston, Thanet, Kent.

This hoax has been circulated via e-mail and text stating that a girl had been taken from a trolley whilst her mother was shopping in the store.

Detectives have visited the store and have confirmed with security staff that no such incident had taken place.

Tesco head office has received reports of similar hoaxes in their stores in Scotland and in Doncaster, South Yorkshire areas.
Police are investigating the origins of this e-mail.

Example:

**Ashley Flores - missing child hoax

A number of hoax e-mails have been circulating over the past couple of years regarding 13 year old Ashley Flores. The message is these is similar to the following text:

>>Maybe if everyone passes this on, someone will see this child. That is how the girl from Stevens Point was found by circulation of her picture on tv. The internet circulates even overseas, South America, and Canada etc. Thanks. Please pass this to everyone in your address book. We have a Deli manager (Acme Markets) from Philadelphia, Pa who has a 13 year old daughter who has been missing for 2 weeks. Keep the picture moving on. With GOD on her side she will be found. "I am asking you all, begging you to please forward this email on to anyone and everyoneyou know, PLEASE. My 13 year old girl, Ashley Flores, is missing. She has been missing for now two weeks. It is still not too late. Please help us. If anyone any where knows anything, please contact me at: HelpfindAshleyFlores@yahoo.com. I am including a picture of her. All prayers are appreciated!! " It only takes 2 seconds to forward this. If it was your child, you would want all the help you could get.<<

This photograph is shown below:

Hoax e-mails about missing children Ashley_Flores

This girl is not missing, therefore do NOT forward this message!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please, always check before forwarding any emails regarding missing children or adults.
If they don't come from a trusted source do not forward them.
You can check online or put their name into a Google search engine.
Thanks, eddie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hoax e-mails about missing children Empty Re: Hoax e-mails about missing children

Post  Guest Sat 13 Feb - 13:53

I dont understadn the point of sending these hoax emails. Can anyone explain?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hoax e-mails about missing children Empty Re: Hoax e-mails about missing children

Post  Guest Sat 13 Feb - 15:30

Mystycal wrote:I dont understadn the point of sending these hoax emails. Can anyone explain?

There is no point Mystycal, they are just sick jokes!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 13 Feb - 16:29

eddie wrote:
Mystycal wrote:I dont understadn the point of sending these hoax emails. Can anyone explain?

I've had several - a few years ago now - saying a child has cancer and could I contribute for medical treatment
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
Hoax e-mails about missing children Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hoax e-mails about missing children Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 13 Feb - 21:41

Angelina wrote:
eddie wrote:

I've had several - a few years ago now - saying a child has cancer and could I contribute for medical treatment

It's disgusting Hoax e-mails about missing children 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down