Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware

3 posters

Go down

Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Empty Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 22 Feb - 15:30

Tot abandoned at Del. gas station

Inquirer Staff Report
Police in Delaware are trying to identify a toddler who was found in a locked restroom at a gas station in Newark.

The child, a girl about 2, has not been able to help police and keeps asking for her mother, police said.

She was found about 2:45 p.m. yesterday by a patron who heard the child crying in the restroom of the shell station on College Avenue, officials say.

Police are trying to find the child's mother and ascertain circumstances that resulted in the child being abandoned at the gas station.

The girl, who police say appeared to be in good health, has been placed in the custody of Delaware child welfare officials.

Police the child was wearing a puffy tan winter coat over a purple shirt with a small flower print on it when she was found.

She also was wearing a diaper and blue jeans with a pink-and-white design stitched onto the left leg. Her ears are pierced, but she was not wearing earrings.

Anyone with information is asked to Newark police at 302-366-7111.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/84943737.html
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Empty Re: Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware

Post  Guest Mon 22 Feb - 16:26

Hello Anna, Poor little soul, how can anyone abandon a little child like that. I just hope that they can find out the circumstances behind this. I hope the mother is okay as well because it seems very strange that her child was found like this. I hope that the little girl will be well looked after and if needs be found a good home with kind caring people to look after her. Please let us know if there are any updates on this. Thank you. With all my very best wishes Rose xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Empty Re: Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 22 Feb - 17:13

Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware On-dgirl22

Here she is, Rose, looking pretty scared I think, poor little lamb. I do hope her mother hasn't met with some serious problem.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Feb - 17:20

Poor wee thing, she looks well cared for; I hope something terrible hasn't happened to her mum!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Feb - 17:47

Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware FOUNDCHILD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Feb - 20:13

She's such a beautiful little child. I hope her Mom is alright.
xx

Thank you for posting her photo Anna and eddie xx

Last edited by MoondampRoses on Mon 22 Feb - 20:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add a Thank you note.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 24 Feb - 20:51

any news about this little girl´s mother or family???
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 24 Feb - 21:11

pm wrote:any news about this little girl´s mother or family???

Amazingly, no one has come forward to claim her or to identify her.

"Do you know this girl?

The adorable toddler, believed to be 2 years old, was abandoned at a Delaware gas station - and cops are desperately hunting for her parents.

The girl was found crying in the men's rest room at a Shell gas station in Newark, Del., at 2p.m. Sunday, police said.

Investigators circulated the tot's picture in Philadelphia, but no one has come forward to identify her, police officials said.

They now believe the girl may be from New York or New Jersey, officials said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/02/24/2010-02-24_tot_dumped_at_gas_station.html
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 26 Feb - 8:48

Thank you for posting an update Anna xx. I can't believe that nobody has come forward. It makes me even more concerned about her mom's welfare. Poor little soul. Thank you for the link as well. I will bookmark it. I'm just hoping that there is some good news for this little one soon.
Look after yourself Anna. With all my very best wishes Rose xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 27 Feb - 22:13

Hello All, It is with a heavy heart I write this post. Unfortunately, I don't think that there will be a really happy outcome for this poor, sweet child. A man has been charged with kidnapping her and a woman's body has been found in a park. I think they believe that the poor woman who has been found is the little girl's mom, sadly. I will post a link that I found with some information about this very sad case.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100225/NEWS01/100225029/Girl-found-in-gas-station-bathroom-is-linked-to-body-found-in-N.Y

My heart goes out to this little girl and any family related to her & her mom. Sorry to be the bearer of such sad news, I know we were all hoping for a better outcome to this case. All my very best wishes Rose xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 27 Feb - 23:20

Thank you Rose. At least the little girl is safe and her mum would probably be glad about that and hope that someone good will look after her. As I do too.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Sun 28 Feb - 5:51

This is all so sad. What the .ell is going on in this world with
children being abandoned, being abused or even murdered by
Mums or Dads who are supposed to love and cherish them. Why
do these unbalanced people have children in the first place when
they can neither protect nor defend them from harm, God, they
are just children! Tot abandoned at gas station in Delaware 389741
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 28 Feb - 9:04

AnnaEsse wrote:Thank you Rose. At least the little girl is safe and her mum would probably be glad about that and hope that someone good will look after her. As I do too.

Hello Anna, That is the only good thing so far that has come out of this, that the little girl is safe. Apparently couples have been ringing up to offer her a home & also have gone there in person to offer to adopt her, so hopefully there will be a good kind & loving home found for her. I don't believe any of her family have come forward yet so we'll have to wait and see what happens with regard to them. That poor woman, her mother, her suffering doesn't bear thinking about. How can people be so cruel? I just hope she is at peace knowing her baby is okay. All my very best wishes Rose xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down