Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

australian mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter

+4
malena stool
princess_leia
lynn
fred
8 posters

Go down

australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Empty australian mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 22 Mar - 5:24

Mother arrested over 2yo's drowning death
ABC March 22, 2010, 6:17 am

Police are questioning a woman over the drowning death of her two-year-old daughter in Sydney's inner west.

The toddler was found dead by police when they arrived at her Dulwich hill home at about 9:30pm on Sunday night.

Detectives say the girl drowned in the family's bathtub.

This morning, the house at the end of a cul-de-sac is taped off by police who are still collecting evidence.

Some of the family's neighbours have gathered in the street, many visibly upset.

One woman told the ABC that the girl's family doted on her.

"The grandfather used to walk her up and down the street in the pram and she was just a really cute little girl," she said.

"They were obviously really proud of her."

The girl's 28-year-old mother is being questioned by detectives at Newtown Police Station.
She is expected to be charged later this morning.
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Empty Re: australian mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 22 Mar - 5:26

carlymichelle wrote:Mother arrested over 2yo's drowning death
ABC March 22, 2010, 6:17 am

Police are questioning a woman over the drowning death of her two-year-old daughter in Sydney's inner west.

The toddler was found dead by police when they arrived at her Dulwich hill home at about 9:30pm on Sunday night.

Detectives say the girl drowned in the family's bathtub.

This morning, the house at the end of a cul-de-sac is taped off by police who are still collecting evidence.

Some of the family's neighbours have gathered in the street, many visibly upset.

One woman told the ABC that the girl's family doted on her.

"The grandfather used to walk her up and down the street in the pram and she was just a really cute little girl," she said.

"They were obviously really proud of her."

The girl's 28-year-old mother is being questioned by detectives at Newtown Police Station.
She is expected to be charged later this morning.

i have sometimes suspected this is what happned to little maddie

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:bc04ddeb-d579-4efe-acee-870d30c5211b&showPlaylist=true&
from=channelinline&fg=news

Mum arrested after two-year-old dies at Sydney suburb home

Family tragedy ... a man, believed to be the child's distraught father in the back of the police car. Photo: Bill Hearne Source: The Daily Telegraph

A WOMAN has been arrested following the death of her two-year-old daughter in Sydney's inner-west.

Police were called to Benham St in Dulwich Hill, an inner west suburb of Sydney, shortly after 9.30pm last night when a woman rang ambulance emergency and said her daughter was not breathing, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Ambulance officers who were first at the scene were unable to revive the child, who had apparently drowned in a bath.

Police said a 28-year-old woman was in custody being questioned by homicide detectives at Newtown Police Station with the help of interpreters.

Family members, who had been attending a birthday party nearby, huddled in shock outside the home after hearing the news.

Among them was the girl's father, who sat weeping on the pavement.

A relative of the family said the dead child was a lover of music."She was a fun kid to be around," he said.

"She loves music, gadgets, phones and anything with games," he said.

A report is being prepared for the Coroner.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mum-arrested-after-two-year-old-dies-at-sydney-suburb-home/story-e6frf7jo-1225843750275
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Empty Re: australian mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter

Post  fred Mon 22 Mar - 8:13

Did she do it on purpose Carly or was it when she left the girl alone in the bath, and went off somewhere.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 22 Mar - 8:17

fred wrote:Did she do it on purpose Carly or was it when she left the girl alone in the bath, and went off somewhere.

from little that is know it seems she did it on purpose:( fred the mum was charged today it is thought to have been a attempted murder suicide

Last edited by carlymichelle on Mon 22 Mar - 8:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clairifying post)
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 22 Mar - 9:05

How very sad. We're hearing more and more stories about parents killing their children. Is it happening more or is it because world news is more accessible?
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 22 Mar - 9:12

princess_leia wrote:How very sad. We're hearing more and more stories about parents killing their children. Is it happening more or is it because world news is more accessible?

omg hey princess leia i rember you from old 3A yes it happens alot here in australia now i guess before maddies case i didnt use to pay attention now i do..........
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 22 Mar - 9:18

Hi Carly, I remember you too from 3As, I've often wondered where you were hiding lol I knew you'd still be following this case, it's so good to see you, hope you are well?
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Mar - 9:24

Holy Mother of GOd!!!. australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter 36898 Rest in peace little 1.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 22 Mar - 9:29

princess_leia wrote:Hi Carly, I remember you too from 3As, I've often wondered where you were hiding lol I knew you'd still be following this case, it's so good to see you, hope you are well?

yeah im ok its coming up to winter here and that is tough on me but i always suvive tasmania gets freezing in winter its so awesome to see you and you know me i wiill never give up on maddie and the other children
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 22 Mar - 9:51

It seems that childhood suffering is reaching epidemic proportions, almost every day there is another reported case of abuse of one sought or another. Are these being reported only the tip of the iceberg? As a deterrent to the deviants and bullies who prey on the vulnerable in our society, the punishment should be made to fit the crime, regardless of who the offender is.

australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter 306321 princess_leia.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Mon 22 Mar - 9:55

Could be what happened to Madeleine and they tried to revive her. But the dogs found evidence behind the sofa and elsewhere so she must have been alive, if this is what happene, before being placed in bath. Didn't someone else bathe the children?
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 22 Mar - 10:07

malena stool wrote:It seems that childhood suffering is reaching epidemic proportions, almost every day there is another reported case of abuse of one sought or another. Are these being reported only the tip of the iceberg? As a deterrent to the deviants and bullies who prey on the vulnerable in our society, the punishment should be made to fit the crime, regardless of who the offender is.

australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter 306321 princess_leia.

Hi malena stool

You know this is what I was wondering. Is this happening more because it certainly seems that way. I remember the day when news of a child being murdered was truly shocking. I'm not saying the murder of a child is any less shocking but it's becoming all too frequent in the news. But has it always been this way, we just didn't hear about it? Every time you think you've heard the worst case another innocent child is in the news having suffered more than the last. It's so sad.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 22 Mar - 10:53

The Internet makes us all aware of what is happening worldwide instead of seeing just our own corner of the globe.

But I think as far as 'child abuse' is concerned different goalposts have been drawn by our society making the problem seem perhaps more widespread and prevalent than it really is.

What was accepted as chastisement for wrong doing, a slap from your mum, the cane from a teacher, the belt off your dad are now frowned upon. Indeed children can report their parents for overstepping the mark for inappropriately punishing their misbehaviour a service much used by children and a fact much highlighted by the social services.

Yet the same social services allow real systemic child abuse ranging from mental abuse, thrashing, starvation and torture to murder to slip through the safety net time and again.

There is now in my opinion no easy answer, except real punishment meted out to those who offend.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Mar - 13:06

lynn wrote:Could be what happened to Madeleine and they tried to revive her. But the dogs found evidence behind the sofa and elsewhere so she must have been alive, if this is what happene, before being placed in bath. Didn't someone else bathe the children?

Edited. Please, Inorton, avoid this type of post.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Mar - 13:43

I apologise to other posters if my last one has stopped any of you debating the subject further. I thought I could get away with it now that Eddie is no longer here to huff and puff and become outraged. No doubt the mods will remove it if, and as, they see fit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 22 Mar - 13:47

lnorton wrote:I apologise to other posters if my last one has stopped any of you debating the subject further. I thought I could get away with it now that Eddie is no longer here to huff and puff and become outraged. No doubt the mods will remove it if, and as, they see fit

Eddie is no longer here but that doesn't mean that there aren't other mods around. I have edited your post, Inorton.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 22 Mar - 13:48

getting back to my OP how could a mother do this? the poor baby rip sweetie i dont know your name but im thinking of you
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Mar - 13:57

Claudia79 wrote:
lnorton wrote:I apologise to other posters if my last one has stopped any of you debating the subject further. I thought I could get away with it now that Eddie is no longer here to huff and puff and become outraged. No doubt the mods will remove it if, and as, they see fit

Eddie is no longer here but that doesn't mean that there aren't other mods around. I have edited your post, Inorton.

I understand but every now and then I have to voice my true thoughts. Subtlety is not my strong point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 22 Mar - 13:57

lnorton wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I understand but every now and then I have to voice my true thoughts. Subtlety is not my strong point.

Make an effort. australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter Icon_flower
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Mon 22 Mar - 16:08

The number of parents who murder their children shocks me and certainly over the past few years we've heard of quite a few. I sometimes wonder if there's a certain copycat effect, especially in the cases where a parent who is at odds with their spouse/partner takes it into their head to kill the children and sometimes themselves. In the middle of their anger and despair over their relationship problems does it maybe suddenly come into their head that they heard of someone else in that situation who found a way to solve everything by killing the children, thus getting revenge on their partner, and they just go ahead and do it? I really can't remember hearing of such cases years ago, yet now they seem relatively common.

I think this same copycat effect may also be responsible for the killings in schools and colleges that crop up with sickening regularity. That's also something I never heard of years ago, but now it happens every year, sometimes several times a year.

As for the case of this little girl, what can anyone say? I'm so sorry for the child's father and the other relatives, though 'sorry' seems dreadfully inadequate. What an awful thing to happen, and what a horrible thought that so many children seem to be in far more danger when in the care of their parents than when with outsiders.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Mon 22 Mar - 17:20

australian  mum charged with drowning 2 year old daughter 306321 how
I don't know how parents can hurt their children, what makes them want to harm them, and it does seem to be happening quite a lot I just don't understand it at all, it is just awful what is happening
Eve
Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Aug - 22:54

fred wrote:Did she do it on purpose Carly or was it when she left the girl alone in the bath, and went off somewhere.

Mum charged with 2yo daughter's murder

A young mother with a history of violence has faced court charged with her daughter's murder, as police alleged the two-year-old was killed kilometres from the family home where her body was found.

The 28-year-old mother, who can't be named for legal reasons, did not appear in Newtown Local Court in Sydney's inner west on Monday.

Her solicitor said there would be no application for bail and it was formally refused by Magistrate Margaret Quinn with the mother remaining in custody.

Emergency services were called to a house in Benham Street, Dulwich Hill, about 9.30pm (AEDT) on Sunday where the girl's body was found, police said in a statement prior to Monday's court appearance.

In documents before the court on Monday, police alleged the girl was murdered between 9.12pm (AEDT) and 9.33pm (AEDT) at Tempe, a suburb more than 2km away.

The mother was arrested at 9.55pm at the Dulwich Hill address.

Police documents before the court also referred to the mother's criminal history.

"The accused has one previous conviction for a personal violence offence," police said.

The details of that matter were not specified.

A spokeswoman for the Department of Community Services declined to comment on the specifics of a matter before the courts.

There is no suggestion the previous conviction had been domestic violence related.

Relatives of the woman at court on Monday were visibly upset by the matter.

Her sister spoke briefly with media and confirmed the family had moved to Australia some years ago from Hong Kong.

The toddler's father, who was also at court for a short time, declined to talk to reporters.

The matter was adjourned to Central Local Court on April 6, where the woman is due to appear by audio visual link.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/mum-charged-with-2yo-daughters-murder-20100322-qobb.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down