Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case

Go down

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case Empty Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case

Post  Guest Thu 19 Aug - 0:51

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case

December 2nd 2009

Victims Include Infants

VEEDERSBURG, Indiana -- A woman who videotaped sex acts with young children was sentenced Wednesday to 125 years in prison.

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case Smatha_light_20090306231934_320_240

Samantha Light, 26, accepted a plea agreement in October in which she pleaded guilty to three counts of child molesting, a Class A felony. She could have received a sentence of as much as 150 years.

Light had been babysitting children in her home in Veedersburg. The investigation began when the mother of a 3-year-old girl contacted police.

Light and her boyfriend, Stephen Quick, were arrested in March after authorities discovered a tape that showed the couple engaging in sex acts with at least four children, including two under age 2.

The graphic images, which were taken over five months beginning in September 2008, sickened longtime deputies. They included a sexual device being used on an infant, a young boy engaging in intercourse and a toddler being sodomized.

Quick is also considering a plea agreement and will be back in court later this month.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/21784679/detail.html
http://www.jconline.com/article/20091202/NEWS03/91202007/Baby-sitter-gets-125-years-for-sexual-acts-with-kids

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case Empty Re: Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case

Post  Guest Thu 19 Aug - 0:52

Moms react to child molester's sentence

Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 11:49 AM EST

FOUNTAIN COUNTY, Indiana (WLFI) - A Covington woman will likely spend the rest of her life behind bars for molesting three young children.

A Fountain County judge sentenced 26-year-old Samantha Light to 125 years in prison.

In October, Light plead guilty to performing sexual acts on three children and videotaping them with boyfriend Stephen E. Quick. The incidents took place from September 2008 until February 2009.

The victims were Light's own two-month-old girl, a one-year-old boy, and a six-year-old boy.

Stephen Quick still faces trial.

Parents of the other two victims were so outraged by the crime that they agreed to talk to News Channel 18 about their children.

Larrisa Smith is a mother of one of the victims. She says she didn't buy the emotional statement Light read in the Fountain County Courtroom, trying to get the judge to show leniancy before sentencing.

After that statement, Smith stood and delivered one of her own, calling her former friend "a monster."

"I want her to think about my kid, and her kid, and her kid. I want her to think about her daughter and all the things she's missing because she chose to miss those things. She chose it, she brought it on herself," said Smith.

Angela Hayman and Samantha Light are family, but that didn't stop Light from molesting her cousin's son.

"It's hard to hear it over and over and over again. It's not something you want to think about every day and I'm just ready for this to be over with because I just want to move on. I just want to take care of my son and I don't want to have to wake up every morning thinking about what happened to him," said Hayman.

Smith said this group will pull together and be there for all three kids to try and limit any long-term negative effects.

"It's a horrible thing. It evokes anger, betrayal," said Smith.

Samantha Light received 40 years apiece for the first two felony counts, and 45 years for the third count. Circuit Judge Susan Orr Henderson increased the sentence on the third count due to the very young age of Light's own daughter.

The maximum sentence was 150 years, but because of Light's remorse and lack of prior record, Henderson trimmed off 25 years.

Light's 125-year sentence is not enough, according to Larrisa Smith. When asked what punishment would fit the crime, Smith said she favored the death penalty.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/crime/samantha-light-sentenced-for-child-molestation#

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case Empty Re: Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case

Post  Guest Thu 19 Aug - 0:53

Woman Gets 125-Year Sentence In Horrific Molestation Case 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down