Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon

Go down

MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Empty MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon

Post  Panda Sun 30 Jan - 1:35

KATE and Gerry McCann are furious after discovering attempts have been made to find out about phone calls they made to their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell.
Scotland Yard is trying to establish who tried to get information from Mr Mitchell’s mobile phone provider, while the McCanns are checking their phone records to see if they were also targeted.

The news comes just as the pair have signed a deal for a reputed £200,000 with The Sun, the sister paper of the News of the World, to serialise a book on the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine in Portugal in 2007.

There is no suggestion anyone from Rupert Murdoch’s News International has tried to use phone-hacking against Mr Mitchell. He said the first incident was in 2008, when a mystery caller claiming to be a court witness contacted Vodafone on February 29, seeking details of his phone.

Mr Mitchell said: “The operator lists it, saying ‘a gentleman called wishing to check the phone’ as he gets calls each night from the number wanting information and is a ‘witness on the CID trial for McCanns’. It certainly wasn’t me that made that call. There was no such thing as a CID trial for the McCanns.

“That appears to be a blatant attempt to get information about whose number it was and what was happening. Thankfully, the operator didn’t give them anything.”

A further call was made to Vodafone in July. Mr Mitchell said: “Basically, it [the entry] claims the person ringing, not me, received a text message claiming that a third party had been trying to access their voicemail but there was nothing on the account showing that. That’s because it isn’t true, I never got such a text. Somebody else is again fishing for information.”

This week Mr Mitchell will pass his phone records to Scotland Yard. Kate and Gerry, both 42, have found nothing untoward on their phone statements, but are re-examining all their records.

Mr Mitchell said: “We have concerns. We would be foolish if we didn’t think they were of interest.”

Kate’s book about Madeleine’s disappearance will be published on May 12, her eighth birthday.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/226109/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-hunt-for-caller-who-tried-to-grab-agent-s-phone-records/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-hunt-for-caller-who-tried-to-grab-agent-s-phone-records#ixzz1CTUiVG4Z

HLM says:
30/01/2011 at 12:58 am

Most mobile phone companies outsource customer enquires abroad. Due to language barriers it is not uncommon for there to be errors in record keeping. I am sure we have all experienced this at some point in time, I know I have on numerous occasions. I find it highly unlikely that someone attempting to obtain information concerning Mitchell’s phone account would say “witness on the CID trial for McCanns’”….unless of course the seed is being planted that we to assume the mystery caller was a foreigner!

-------------------------------------------
Another £200,000 in the Kitty towards their Legal Fees, Had to be The Sun through Clarence who got the Rights.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Empty Re: MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon

Post  Guest Sun 30 Jan - 1:41

Where did the HLM comment come from??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Empty Re: MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon

Post  Panda Sun 30 Jan - 1:55

carmen wrote:Where did the HLM comment come from??

Hi Carmen,

Not sure what you mean, the Article comes from the Express and it looks to me as if his comment is a personal opinion.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Jan - 2:03

Panda wrote:
carmen wrote:Where did the HLM comment come from??

Hi Carmen,

Not sure what you mean, the Article comes from the Express and it looks to me as if his comment is a personal opinion.

No, HYS has not been available for that article on DE since it was posted. The OP has been c&p'd from Hardlinemarxist site.

MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon Hlm10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Jan - 2:19

Carmen, that"s right , I copied the Article from HLM"s Blog which he copied from the DE. I included HLM"s comment to show where the Article came from.

Last edited by Panda on Sun 30 Jan - 2:25; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Jan - 2:24

Panda wrote:Carmen, that"s right , I copied the Article from HLM"s Blog which he copied from the DE.

"she"

and added her comment. Is her comment important??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Jan - 2:27

carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:Carmen, that"s right , I copied the Article from HLM"s Blog which he copied from the DE.

"she"

and added her comment. Is her comment important??

What, I don"t have a name now? Not allowed to comment?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Jan - 7:19

How do we even know that the "mystery phone tapper" was even interested in the McCanns? It could have been about anything, absolutely anything! Maybe it was even Mrs Mitchell's Private Eye! Put it like this, if MY old man left me on my tod to suffer a miscarriage quite late on in a pregnancy, and then wouldn't come home as he was "too busy with work" jetting round Europe, I would bloomin' well be suspicious an' all. In fact I would be calling in the locksmith pronteau. Clarence Mitchell is nothing more than a jumped up hack. Lots of hacks had their phones hacked. I don't know why he thinks he's so bloody special. Or on second thoughts, maybe I do, he's been hanging around with Mr Gerry for far too long and I guess arrogance is catching.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Jan - 7:21

Kate and Gerry, both 42, have found nothing untoward on their phone statements, but are re-examining all their records.

I thought Mitchell said that the company only kept phone records for a year. Another lie! MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon 477442
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Jan - 8:17

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Kate and Gerry, both 42, have found nothing untoward on their phone statements, but are re-examining all their records.

I thought Mitchell said that the company only kept phone records for a year. Another lie! MCCanns Jumping on the phone tapping bandwagon 477442

Morning TFG,

He really is a devious b***er, manages to get publicity for himself by jumping on the bandwagon and in turn manages to get his "Clients" free publicity
for their upcoming book. Notice how the Mccanns played down any suggestion that their phones were tapped maybe too many phone calls they would
not want made public? Now the Public know Kate"s book is to be serialised, would Joe Public want to buy the Book when they can buy the Sun for 40p
How much "truth" can Kate tell for goodness sake, most have what she has to say will have already been told and the Public will know this.

Off topic, Andy Murray is going for the Gland Slam starting now on BBC1

Last edited by Panda on Sun 30 Jan - 8:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed duplicated words)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down