Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

+16
Angelique
tanszi
fedrules
wjk
cass
margaret
ShabbyTiger
Wallflower
widowan
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Lillyofthevalley
duncanmac
Harbinger
Ollybelle
dutchclogs
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 Empty Re: Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

Post  Wallflower Tue 31 May - 14:30

tanszi wrote:Just a thought. If the detectives being used were due for retirement in the non too distant future then their costs would have been funded by the Met anyway. Is it possible that some of the £3.5m for the review would be to defray some of the costs Portugal would incur should the case be re-opened. just asking.

Hmmmmm very interesting angle there tanszi Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 52433

I never thought of that! But then that would mean that a) Cameron felt embarrassment or regret about all of the crap that the Portuguese have had to take because of the McCanns and b) he wants this investigation run properly.

Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 Empty Re: Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

Post  ShabbyTiger Tue 31 May - 16:59

AnnaEsse wrote:Comment on that article:

1 comments:

dewi lennard said...

This is good news. I have analysed the creche records, and the phone records, drawing on my experience as an intelligence officer, and am willing to demonstrate to the PJ or the Met that Maddie McCann never attended the creche. Taken with the evidence of the British dogs, one can suggest that she died before the creche had opened on 29 April 2007.
May 30, 2011 9:05 PM

I've had a long, hard think about this claim and I just can't see it myself. For it to be true, all the Tapas would have to be in on it - otherwise how would they explain that Madeleine wasn't there for almost the entire holiday? Where would they have kept the body for so long, and why wait until the 3rd to stage the abduction? To me it just can't be feasible. JMO.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :
Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 31 May - 17:32

"Metropolitan Police review of the Madeleine McCann case and to re-opening the investigation if the Met come up with credible new evidence."

"The PJ investigation was shelved in July 2008, but Pedro do Carmo made it clear it would be re-opened if the Met comes up with sufficient grounds for doing so. But, he cautioned, "one step at a time. Let's see what happens."

I think this remark can be read another way . The Portugese have no objection to thie files being reviewed but will not consider re-opening the case
unless "credible new evidence" is found. What would be the point? The one step at a time could be the SY examination of the Files and Witness
Statements are read revealing the differences which would force a recon . I doubt there will be much evidence from either Force that possible vital
information was overlooked.Maybe one or two, Oldfield and Tanner in particular might want to alter their statements.Even Kate could be faced with the fact her statements do not tally .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Jul - 8:49

With all the bad publicity NSY are facing perhaps the Review will be especially thorough and not just done to find possible suspects overlooked by the PJ but to turn to the Tapas 9 statements.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 20 Jul - 10:16

Panda wrote:With all the bad publicity NSY are facing perhaps the Review will be especially thorough and not just done to find possible suspects overlooked by the PJ but to turn to the Tapas 9 statements.

I think so Panda, no way are SY going to cover up for pair of doctors when they won't cover up for the powerful Murdochs et al...
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Jul - 10:51

margaret wrote:
Panda wrote:With all the bad publicity NSY are facing perhaps the Review will be especially thorough and not just done to find possible suspects overlooked by the PJ but to turn to the Tapas 9 statements.

I think so Panda, no way are SY going to cover up for pair of doctors when they won't cover up for the powerful Murdochs et al...

I suspect NSY are seething that they have been asked to conduct this review when they are in such turmoil and understaffed and probably like the
rest of us wonder how the MccCanns can command such information like the release of some LP Files, an investigation by British Police when Ben
Needham"s mother was denied such help on the grounds that the British Police could not interfere in a Foreign Country"s investigation.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 20 Jul - 10:56

zampos Anthony Bennett
jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2998p10-conta… SY's Maddie Review Team confirmed to me 10.15 2day they WILL look at evidence that MADELEINE DIED IN #MCCANN s APARTMENT
1 minute ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Jul - 11:09

Iris wrote:
zampos Anthony Bennett
jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2998p10-conta… SY's Maddie Review Team confirmed to me 10.15 2day they WILL look at evidence that MADELEINE DIED IN #MCCANN s APARTMENT
1 minute ago

WOW Iris, if this is true that"s great News.!!!!! A word of caution, when I phoned SY to ask if the Fund would be investigated I was told "all aspects would be investigated" in other words nothing speciific so where is Tony Bennett getting this info from. ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 20 Jul - 12:07

He phoned up the Met re a letter he had sent, and he got a call back from someone on the review team who confirmed that they would not be ruling out anything and would consider everything.
He's posted the details via the URL in the tweet.

I think it's very encouraging.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Jul - 12:16

almostgothic wrote:He phoned up the Met re a letter he had sent, and he got a call back from someone on the review team who confirmed that they would not be ruling out anything and would consider everything.

Yes Iris, I asked someone to check out Jill Havern"s site and the conversation is posted on there. As I said earlier, the SY Review team will be sure
to "leave no stone unturned" because they are reeling from the events and,just announced I think it is David Cameron who has ordered an investigation
of Scotland Yard.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 20 Jul - 13:22

Panda wrote:
almostgothic wrote:He phoned up the Met re a letter he had sent, and he got a call back from someone on the review team who confirmed that they would not be ruling out anything and would consider everything.

Yes Iris, I asked someone to check out Jill Havern"s site and the conversation is posted on there. As I said earlier, the SY Review team will be sure
to "leave no stone unturned" because they are reeling from the events and,just announced I think it is David Cameron who has ordered an investigation
of Scotland Yard.
hi all Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 306321 i too am very exited today , i dont go on jills forum but i have read what tb has wrote on my fb
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Jul - 17:19

cass wrote:
Panda wrote:

of Scotland Yard.
hi all Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 306321 i too am very exited today , i dont go on jills forum but i have read what tb has wrote on my fb

Hi cass, the only thing that bothers me, as I say, when phoned Scotland Yard about whether they were investigating the Fund, they just said they were
"investigating every aspect", the Police Officer seems to have been remarkably frank to Tony.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 20 Jul - 17:35

Don't know how I've missed this!
Great news Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 307691
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 20 Jul - 17:41

wjk wrote:Don't know how I've missed this!
Great news Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 307691

Hi wjk, Have you checked out Jill Havern"s site?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 20 Jul - 17:44

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:Don't know how I've missed this!

Hi wjk, Have you checked out Jill Havern"s site?

No Panda, never been on there.
Wouldn't even know where to start looking. Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 303636
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 21 Jul - 1:16

Iris wrote:
zampos Anthony Bennett
1 minute ago

Iris

Oh - this is good to hear - I will go over and have a look - thank you for posting the above.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 21 Jul - 20:27

I'm afraid I don't find it so encouraging that SY will consider the possibility Maddie died in the flat, I would have been astonished if it wasn't looked at and just wonder if SY will be able to find further evidence to support it. Sadly, I doubt they will be able to. I hope the fund will be investigated now that its alleged reason for existing is no longer valid..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 9 Aug - 20:52

Found this on Joanamorias blog......... Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 29204

Rui Roskoff
Criminal profiler and investigator reporting from Praia da Luz

An excerpt from my pocket diary:

Portimão, 6 August 2011 - 23:55 hours GMT

Spent most of the day working on the case. Mostly field work.

Walked to one of the nearby cafés in Praça de Manuel Teixeira Gomes by the waterfront. Ordered a "bica" (expresso), a large "amêndoa amarga" (almond liquor) and lighted up another "Camel" (17 so far).

To my great surprise found myself sitting next to a well-known ex-PJ inspector .

After more than an hour of chit-chat it transpired that much undercover work on "the case" has been done since by some ex-elements of the PJ initially on "the case". I am told they are quite ready for court proceedings IF there is a "go-ahead" from "headquarters".

"Go ahead with what?". I asked the former inspector. "Court proceedings against the ******'* ?". I wondered aloud.

The ex-PJ gave me a whimsical smile for an answer.

Left café Antunes and my illustrious ex-colleague around 22. Strolled past the "No Solo Agua" but no sign of Andrea. Thought about giving her a ring but had second thoughts. Too hot for romance. Let Bastiaan sweat.

Strolled by the waterfront enjoying the calid night and yet another "Camel" (18 so far) before walking back to my apartment in Rua Judice Biker (street) under the impression of being shadowed, not quite clear by whom.

Just arrived. Checked the hidden CCTV camera records for any signs of a surprise visit and put the cascavel back on the reptile tank. See no unusual shadows outside. The air temperature is now around 25 degrees Celsius. Had (another) "Camel" (19 so far) and a double "whisky on the rocks" - as a cool-down.

Now, going to sleep with my friend "Taurus" under the pillow - Model 4510TKR-3BUL 3-inch barrel. Past midnight. Over.

07/08/2011 16:07

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 9 Aug - 21:50

wow am off to see Joanas blog, i usually get updates, i must have missed this one! eta i wish i hadnt read that bit about camel cigarettes, ive been to Portugal a few times, loves the vino and the camel fags, apart from the people, the food and the beach.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 10 Aug - 3:18

Hi buidersbum....thanks , if true about a re-investigation that"s encouraging but ask myself who is this Criminal Profiler and what is he doing in
Portimao?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 11 Aug - 2:21

Panda

He comments a lot on Joana's site - usually about Krugel and his machine and more recently about doing a search in Praia da Luz. I don't know what his qualifications are - he may just be "one of us" feeling he wants to do something useful.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 11 Aug - 7:24

Angelique wrote:Panda

He comments a lot on Joana's site - usually about Krugel and his machine and more recently about doing a search in Praia da Luz. I don't know what his qualifications are - he may just be "one of us" feeling he wants to do something useful.

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 306321 Angelique the more people who get involved in the search for Madeleiene the better, I just hope this guy is not getting involved
because of Pat Brown"s success in having been Carter Rucked .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 11 Aug - 7:26

Why is there no mention of Rui Roskoff anywhere else on the Internet? No Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter. Is he somebody like Alan-Marc Logoa?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 11 Aug - 7:38

Iris wrote:Why is there no mention of Rui Roskoff anywhere else on the Internet? No Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter. Is he somebody like Alan-Marc Logoa?

Morning Iris,

Rui Roskoff sounds like an East European name, perhaps he"s a Russian Intelligence Officer seconded by Scotland Yard. Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 294124

Or maybe yet another name jumping on the Madeleiene bandwagon to gain publicity, or even a p***taker !!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 11 Aug - 19:36

Panda wrote:Hi buidersbum....thanks , if true about a re-investigation that"s encouraging but ask myself who is this Criminal Profiler and what is he doing in
Portimao?

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 306321 Panda, yes thats what I thought when I posted this who is the CP Rui Roskoff , but I just thought I would pass it on anyway Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  - Page 2 25346
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next